PDA

View Full Version : HFAY BTE Dec 2011?

ukyo
2011.11.27, 06:16 PM
November racing is behind us.. Any thoughts on the Dec BTE?

Here's the link to Brian's 3-L layouts..
http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/forum/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;cat=149;u=1

hrdrvr
2011.11.27, 09:38 PM
I hope this tales place! Ive got some layouts is any one is interested. I liked what Mike Gee came up with for the last one. It would have been one of the best for our club and close racing, but sadly, I had to run it with fillers :( Hurt my times, but at least I got to run :D This time our club will be back, and have a few new names for the HFAY listings.

arch2b
2011.11.27, 10:27 PM
I have space reserved for our club so were just waiting....

ukyo
2011.11.28, 07:33 AM
definitely interested so post those layouts! :)

briankstan
2011.11.30, 08:29 AM
Sorry for the delay, work has me swamped right now. working lot's of overtime. yikes!

I'm open to layouts, our club won't be able to run because we don't have the space.

I can post up one of the other layouts used ore we can develope a new one for December. we can work it out in the next day or 2 and I'll get it added to the new website.

We will be going live with the new website with the BTE for December.

Mike Keely
2011.11.30, 06:12 PM
I have space reserved for our club so were just waiting....

Are you doing it out in the mall?

arch2b
2011.11.30, 07:04 PM
yes, i had to request to reserve the space outside the store. it's the only available spot for 3 wide l.

Mike Keely
2011.12.01, 08:20 PM
What is the date you have it set for? If it is the 10th I will not be able to make it. I had a Sister-in-Law pass from cancer on Friday. It sucks getting older!!!

ukyo
2011.12.10, 08:00 AM
just ran our races today.. didn't see a BTE handbook posted so we assumed 8 minute races as per June BTE.

Also take note the layout requires 9 extra straight tiles in addition to 3 wide-L kits. ie., You need 9 extra straight/finish tiles, 3 wide-L and 1 x wide turn kit.

We wrongly assumed it was just 3 wide-L plus wide turn kit which is the usual spec for BTE.. but we were a few tiles short.. lucky we were able to get one of the guys to bring an extra wide-L kit when he came... also lucky the room was JUST long enough to fit the straight!

arch2b
2011.12.10, 10:39 AM
what track did you use? this is the one on the website
http://www.howfastareyou.com/hfayprod/static/uploads/tracks.picture.9f42461428bab2b2.4254452d322e6a7067 .medium.jpg

this has 4 wide turns

link to the rules is broken, http://hfay.tinyrc.com/portals/0/files/Manuals/2009-2nd-BTE-HFAY-Manual.pdf

ukyo
2011.12.11, 07:28 AM
the layout on the website is the layout we used. if you click on it, you get the 2D diagram which has inventory..

Note a wide-L only has 2 start tiles, and this uses 10, so if you built it with the exact same start tiles, you'd need 5 wide-L kits.

a single wide L kit only has 2 start tiles, plus 24 standard straight tiles. (we always pack-up back into the original boxes for easier transport and inventory).

The layout inventory is 77 straight + 10 start tiles.
3 wide-L will give you 72 straight + 6 start tiles, so you need an extra 5 straight tiles and 4 start tiles, or 9 straight tiles if you use normal straight tiles in place of the start tiles.

I think usual BTEs are 10mins, but we ran 8min races in June so we stuck with that.

arch2b
2011.12.11, 09:19 AM
just checking because you said you used only 1 wide turn kit...

starting tiles are irrelevant. the starting line can shift anyway to suit track layout and timing computer adjacency's.

Mike Keely
2011.12.11, 09:06 PM
It was great seeing all of you again today. Have a great holiday season! Hope to see some of you at the Remnant track soon. MK

arch2b
2011.12.11, 09:07 PM
sorry i missed you leave Mike. thank you again for coming and bringing the wide turn kits:p

Mike Keely
2011.12.11, 10:12 PM
Any way of knowing what kind of laps people did on this track at previosly ran BTE's?

arch2b
2011.12.11, 10:25 PM
Unless results area posted in other threads , we have to wait until past results are reintegrated into the new site.

tudor_47
2011.12.12, 02:08 AM
A bit late?
Can we report results into January 2012?

MiniZata (http://www.minizata.com) would like to get in on the BTE action...

ukyo
2011.12.12, 04:47 AM
just checking because you said you used only 1 wide turn kit...

starting tiles are irrelevant. the starting line can shift anyway to suit track layout and timing computer adjacency's.

1 wide turn kit has 4 wide turns :)

briankstan
2011.12.12, 11:05 AM
just ran our races today.. didn't see a BTE handbook posted so we assumed 8 minute races as per June BTE.

Also take note the layout requires 9 extra straight tiles in addition to 3 wide-L kits. ie., You need 9 extra straight/finish tiles, 3 wide-L and 1 x wide turn kit.

We wrongly assumed it was just 3 wide-L plus wide turn kit which is the usual spec for BTE.. but we were a few tiles short.. lucky we were able to get one of the guys to bring an extra wide-L kit when he came... also lucky the room was JUST long enough to fit the straight!

Sorry for the confusion on this, it's completely my fault for not posting it. I didn't look at the track count as this was a track that we had used before. I have updated the link with the correct manual.

Mains should have been 10 minutes for the BTE races. If you have time you can re-run or just submit the times as they are.

work has been eating up all my free time, I'll be very glad when everything is up and running with the automated system next season.

briankstan
2011.12.12, 11:06 AM
A bit late?
Can we report results into January 2012?

MiniZata (http://www.minizata.com) would like to get in on the BTE action...

yes, you're welcome to run for sure. rules are posted here.

http://www.howfastareyou.com/events/index/7

briankstan
2011.12.12, 11:07 AM
Any way of knowing what kind of laps people did on this track at previosly ran BTE's?

yes, they will be added as time permits.

arch2b
2011.12.12, 01:09 PM
1 wide turn kit has 4 wide turns :)

ah, understood now. i was understanding 'kit' to mean individual turn instead of entire package of 4 turns. thanks :p

tudor_47
2011.12.13, 01:18 AM
yes, you're welcome to run for sure. rules are posted here.

http://www.howfastareyou.com/events/index/7

OK, I'll try and get MiniZšta running as fast as possible, probably the event will go down 1'st of January. x-mas is upon us and we have our annual Moving Plastic race the 18'th of December.
MiniZšta webpage (http://www.minizata.com/wroom-2011/wroom40-bte-7/) with info on HFAY BTE7, it is in swedish but there is a translate function on the page...

Thanks!

hrdrvr
2011.12.13, 01:22 PM
We will be running after Christmas too, but I will try and get the results in as fast as possible.

arch2b
2011.12.13, 01:36 PM
i put our results in last night! it was very easy, but be sure you have entries for the required fields or it will spit those out. or, properly setup the drivers in the software and avoid the results issues:o the new system works great!

imxlr8ed
2011.12.13, 03:35 PM
Just thinking... are we planning to allow the CT 70turn motor in HFAY?

Prolly not the best place for this discussion but I'm just looking to get a quick answer or general consensus.

In my experience, the CT70t is a bit quicker than the PN70t... so as the rules are now, it would not be fair. In my real-world opinion though, I'm not sure if it actually would be that big of an advantage in a 3WL layout.

I'm obviously sticking with the manual for this event (as I'd suggest all else do as well) but I am curious if there has been any discussion on this before.

And yes, it is my full intention to get some HFAY results from us ex-DOW racers this month... if enough racers actually show this Sunday. :o

briankstan
2011.12.13, 03:52 PM
Just thinking... are we planning to allow the CT 70turn motor in HFAY?

Prolly not the best place for this discussion but I'm just looking to get a quick answer or general consensus.

In my experience, the CT70t is a bit quicker than the PN70t... so as the rules are now, it would not be fair. In my real-world opinion though, I'm not sure if it actually would be that big of an advantage in a 3WL layout.

I'm obviously sticking with the manual for this event (as I'd suggest all else do as well) but I am curious if there has been any discussion on this before.

And yes, it is my full intention to get some HFAY results from us ex-DOW racers this month... if enough racers actually show this Sunday. :o

I haven't tested with the CT70 Turn motor. maybe I'll have to get one and test it out. For now we will stick with the PN HFAY spec and the Kyosho stock.

hrdrvr
2011.12.13, 05:24 PM
We are running 70T motors in our club GT class at the moment. We are allowed to run CT or PN 70T motors, and they are fairly evenly matched. What I find is that the CT motors are more consistent motor to motor, and have a lower power range. They spool up a bit quicker than the PN motors, and therefore can be geared a bit higher. The PN motor is smoother in the lower range due to the slower spooling speed, and a tad easier for me to drive. FWIW, I just swapped from a PN to a CT on my back-up GT car, and the lap time was identical. Ill be going back to the PN motor and using that car for the BTE race.

Of course we will run PN or stock motors for the BTE, but I think it would be better to broaden the spectrum for events if there was the opportunity to run both. If you are going to sell "HFAY Spec" motors, that may be come a problem though. Many decisions for a busy man to dwell on :D

imxlr8ed
2011.12.14, 10:07 AM
I know my CT70t runs strong, I know Larry had issues with his motors down at the last race we went to in MD.

Look forward to finally getting some numbers up there this weekend, they may not be the best but I will be happy just to get back on there!

briankstan
2011.12.14, 10:27 AM
We are running 70T motors in our club GT class at the moment. We are allowed to run CT or PN 70T motors, and they are fairly evenly matched. What I find is that the CT motors are more consistent motor to motor, and have a lower power range. They spool up a bit quicker than the PN motors, and therefore can be geared a bit higher. The PN motor is smoother in the lower range due to the slower spooling speed, and a tad easier for me to drive. FWIW, I just swapped from a PN to a CT on my back-up GT car, and the lap time was identical. Ill be going back to the PN motor and using that car for the BTE race.

Of course we will run PN or stock motors for the BTE, but I think it would be better to broaden the spectrum for events if there was the opportunity to run both. If you are going to sell "HFAY Spec" motors, that may be come a problem though. Many decisions for a busy man to dwell on :D

Landon, thanks for the additional info on the CT70T motors.

briankstan
2011.12.20, 08:53 AM
anyone else that has run your races, you can submit your times to the website at any time. Let me know if you you encounter any issues with the upload process.

So Far I only see that Washington DC GTG has uploaded their times, just a heads up that you don't have to wait until the end of the month to upload your times. :)

briankstan
2011.12.22, 10:35 AM
we'll leave the submittal for the BTE open until January 3rd for all the clubs to get their times uploaded. Let me know if you have any questions.

tudor_47
2012.01.01, 03:07 PM
Times are in from MiniZšta.

Thanks!

briankstan
2012.01.01, 03:39 PM
I see that Burncity, and MiniZata have uploaded their times as well as CMZ El Salvador

tudor_47
2012.01.02, 10:16 AM
I see that Burncity, and MiniZata have uploaded their times as well as CMZ El Salvador

Thanks!
I had some problem as one driver had an "Ų" in his name and it caused the upload to go kapoff, in a good way as it did not crash only this driver I had to manually create with a "o" instead of the "Ų" in his name and input his data manually.

I also removed the "š" in MiniZšta replacing it with a normal a

thanks for verifying that our times are in!
/Johnny, MiniZata

pinwc4
2012.01.02, 09:56 PM
Thanks!
I had some problem as one driver had an "Ų" in his name and it caused the upload to go kapoff, in a good way as it did not crash only this driver I had to manually create with a "o" instead of the "Ų" in his name and input his data manually.

/Johnny, MiniZata

Can you send me a copy of the file you uploaded that contained those characters. I will work on getting that to work as expected. My email is pinwc4@flipsidehobbies.com

Thanks

tudor_47
2012.01.03, 02:26 AM
Can you send me a copy of the file you uploaded that contained those characters. I will work on getting that to work as expected. My email is pinwc4@flipsidehobbies.com

Thanks

Mail you have

briankstan
2012.01.03, 07:56 AM
it seems others are having some issues as well. Here is a quick little FAQ that should help.

1. Once you register you need to click the link in the activation email to complete the process.

2. You need to add your Club. The name need to be the same as what's in your times or they won't be accepted.

here is the format your times need to be in.

Name,laps,time,club,chassis,motor

so this is an example

Brian S.,25,10:01.34,Salt Lake Mini-Z,MR-03,HFAY Spec <-----(note that there is a comma (,) seperating the columns).

3. Once registered and the club is added go to Club Admin>Upload Results. select the race from the drop down, then select the file to upload from your computer. Repeat if you have results for another class.

4. You can view or edit the times if needed by going to Club Admin>View Queue.

Any other questions let me know.

briankstan
2012.01.03, 02:58 PM
RMZR and Atomic Collective times have been added. Any other clubs having issues and need some help let me know.

thanks.

pinwc4
2012.01.03, 03:42 PM
Thanks!

/Johnny, MiniZata

As a follow up to the issue with names with characters such as those above you can upload files with those if the CSV file you create is in the UTF-8 or ASCII format. Files uploaded in the ANSI format that have some of these extended characters will not display correctly.

I will work on getting the upload process working on ANSI formatted CSV files as well but for now if you manually create a CSV file you can open it in notepad to set the encoding to UTF-8 when you save it.

briankstan
2012.01.05, 09:01 AM
anyone else have times to submit? I would like to get results posted today.

hrdrvr
2012.01.05, 10:33 AM
We didn't get to run it this time around :( Sorry, guys. Look forward to results, and hope to make the next one!

briankstan
2012.01.05, 01:01 PM
I've gone ahead and processed the results and they are posted. It was a smaller turn out this time around with no F1 results :eek: We didn't even get to run because of limited space. :(

imxlr8ed
2012.01.05, 01:13 PM
Knew we'd be off the pace, but wow!... Keely checked out on all of us in Stock!

Congrats to all!

miniznewb
2012.01.05, 02:55 PM
Dang, in the one spot I didn't want to be lol. Not quite as bad as I thought I'd be though.

Mike Keely
2012.01.05, 09:46 PM
Yeah, my stock car was very good and easy to drive. My mod car was a hand full to drive with very little rear traction. I had some 6.4's in mod but the stock car's fast laps were 6.6's but with only 3 mistakes in the main. My mod run I might have had some single laps with 3 crashes in it :eek:!

Dusty Weasle
2012.01.05, 09:54 PM
Unfortunately Mini-AZ wasn't able to get this race in. We had terrible time constraints at the end of the year.

efsee
2012.01.06, 05:19 PM
Yeah, my stock car was very good and easy to drive. My mod car was a hand full to drive with very little rear traction. I had some 6.4's in mod but the stock car's fast laps were 6.6's but with only 3 mistakes in the main. My mod run I might have had some single laps with 3 crashes in it :eek:!

Congrats Mike. You were flying in stock! 3 laps faster. Best lap I could manage was in the 6.9's. What do you have under your hood? LOL. In mod I managed to reach 6.6's, but definitely consistency was not as good as in stock. For me mod is still more of a hand full to drive. Looking forward to the next BTE and hopefully we have more clubs participating.

tudor_47
2012.01.09, 02:52 AM
Thanks to the organizers and to all of you that did participate, I am already looking forward to the next BTE.

briankstan
2012.01.09, 02:10 PM
yea, turnout was low for this one, we'll turn that around for the summer track and get some more clubs involved with it.