PDA

View Full Version : Just very confused - skinny, narrow and wide

NoBrainer
2011.12.02, 06:18 AM
What do you guys mean when you say "skinny" cars?
Is that a narrow body for MR-03N?
Or is it the wheels that are "skinny" (8.5mm front / rear?)

I see it a lot, but you guys seems to know what it is and I don't.

byebye
2011.12.02, 06:24 AM
I haven't been on in a long time but it's usually just narrow and wide cars.

Narrow cars usually run narrow front and rear wheel sets or are car that are narrow around the center of the body where the batteries lie.

Kris

color01
2011.12.02, 08:17 AM
Skinny class as the boys are running on the East Coast involves Narrow chassis and 0N/0N wheels. Basically, the narrowest stock Kyosho configuration (-1N doesn't count). At Cruzin with RCs I think it's even stricter than that, the car must be 90mm wheelbase. I ran a box stock 90RM FD3S RX-7 when I raced once over there, great fun on the carpet with the mild chatter and low speeds. :)

Narrow and Wide are less limiting classifications, they simply denote the type of chassis allowed to be run.

GIHOSU
2011.12.02, 08:18 AM
What do you guys mean when you say "skinny" cars?
Is that a narrow body for MR-03N?
Or is it the wheels that are "skinny" (8.5mm front / rear?)

I see it a lot, but you guys seems to know what it is and I don't.

In the NY/NJ area threads you will see both mentioned.

Narrow class cars around here can be any narrow front end car, it can be an 01, 015, 02 w/ narrow tower bars or 03 with narrow setup. Different wheelbases and wide rear wheels and tires can be used. This 70t class has been running at Action RC(now 2) for years...

Skinny cars, as we drive them around here, are also narrow front end cars, 70t, 90mm wheelbase only, narrow wheels and tires all around and bodies are generally limited to the ones that came from Kyosho with O offset wheels. This class has been running at Cruizin with RCs.

These classes are driver favorites and they inspire lots of close battles. Some of us are faster with our Narrows and Skinnys than we are with our Mod cars...

NoBrainer
2011.12.02, 08:21 AM
Thanks guys!
Much appreciated.

Much more clear now.

EMU
2011.12.02, 11:25 AM
This is skinny http://www.youtube.com/user/dealerxing#p/u/7/93sCFdlcRGk

This is narrow http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0oxxAQqyzk

As said, Skinny is a narrow class that has more restrictions applied with 90mm bodies that come with 0mm offset narrow wheels front and rear.

NoBrainer
2011.12.02, 11:40 AM
hihi

Those movies is not the best way to show of a skinny vs narrow.

But I get the idea.

Thanks for making it much more clear to me.

Skv012a
2011.12.02, 12:13 PM
Would 90mm 0N/0N MA classify under either or do you guys restrict it to MR?

GIHOSU
2011.12.02, 05:51 PM
Would 90mm 0N/0N MA classify under either or do you guys restrict it to MR?

Action has allowed AWDs with a Kyosho X-speed motor in the narrow class, I would check with the guys there to make sure that is still the case.