PDA

View Full Version : Easiest way to get steering link back on?

matthen
2011.12.11, 02:27 PM
I knocked the steering link off in a crash, and I'm finding myself taking the entire front end apart to get it back on. Any advice on the easiest way to get it back in place?

Thanks in advance.

EMU
2011.12.11, 03:47 PM
What I do, is remove the clip that is over the tie rod (buggy turned over). Pop off right side turnbuckle from tie rod, move tie rod to full right lock, tilt tie rod forward/lift out of chassis slightly as you turn steering wheel to the right. This should allow you to drop the tie rod back in place in about 30 seconds. You have to remove the right side turnbuckle to give clearance to tilt/lift the tie rod when steering is fully turned to the right. This is where the tie rod is designed to be placed onto the servo saver, and why it pops off when the right front wheel is impacted, and not the left front.

If you need any clarification, feel free to ask.

matthen
2011.12.11, 10:01 PM
Thanks. I think I understand what you're saying, but I won't be able to try it until knock it off again. It sounds a lot easier than what I did.

YoYo-Pete
2011.12.13, 01:57 PM
I know... happens a lot honestly. I took mine way apart to realize it can just be popped in exactly like EMU describes.