PDA

View Full Version : January 22, 2012 - Club Race (3 Wide L Track Layout)

arch2b
2011.12.11, 07:43 PM
This will be held at Hobby Works in Fairfax, Virginia

arch2b
2011.12.11, 08:08 PM
ok, everyone wanted more of these so we have a schedule. :D i think it's safe to say we all enjoyed the larger track.

is everyone interested in using the stock class for the larger track? stock class was created as a means to draw more people into racing at Hobby works and a class that teaches driving skill over speed. we could always move to the PN 80T motor as well for this class. i'm just throwing this out there as it would be a way to take advantage of both larger track layouts and more stock style chassis class making it more affordable. just an idea... let me know what you guys are thinking to do with these scheduled dates.

courtney mentioned getting trophies and making them trophy races, this was just something else mentioned. also brought up his suggestion to pick up a tire truer and compressor for track use. be aware that this may entail a race day fee for use of equipment, if purchased by Hobby Works. i''ve already invested almost $2k in our club so i'm tapped out.

vash
2011.12.15, 08:14 AM
Think I can make thus race. I'm up for hfay stock and mod. As far as trophies and equipment, I'd rather see the events be free but that's just my opinion.

arch2b
2011.12.15, 09:22 AM
it is my understanding that the races will remain free however that is always subject to management change at their whim. in my discussions with courtney, the race fee would be for use of the equipment. i took this to mean, if you want to use the equipment you pay the fee. if not you don't. i don't plan to as i don't true my tires nor really care about track dust enough to pay to blow it off. race fee's are in my opinion, only a matter of time. i don't want to see them, i can't really afford to pay them but it is a store and they are providing valuable floor space for our use, even though all racing gear has been club provided or donated. my travel costs alone are challenging, i don't need a fee on top of that. and i have a relatively shorter commute than others.

mod would be cool, but we already run hfay/gt class. i'd like to make use of other cars many already have or purchased for things like the store stock class. otherwise, i'm inclined to get rid of what i don't use. courtney asked for the store stock class and i've tried to push it but if he's not going to support it than i'll kill it and we can run something else.

my only issue with mod is, most of the time stock provides better racing. how many of us have been to events where gt does better than mod... not a mod class fan myself but not opposed to it either. i know it's draws it's own crowd, even more so than other classes like 90mm. still have not gotten that off the ground

tr1kstanc3
2011.12.15, 11:05 AM
I plan on coming to this race and running GT 70t and Mod. As long as people bring enough cars for a particular class (minimum 3) I am fine with whatever we run.

arch2b
2011.12.15, 11:28 AM
i guess what i need to know is, does anyone want to continue with stock class? if not, i'm sure those with stock may move them to whatever is needed and keep hfay/gt70. i'm not buying another car, that i know. i bought a stock car which is already quickly becoming a paperweight and thats just inefficient in terms of hobby dollars. forgive my frustration, i just want to know what everyone wants to run so i can budget/plan accordingly and not keep a box full of cars for a bunch of classes i'll run once, twice a year. i don't mind gt70t, mod or whatever so long as everyone is on the same page. i for one cannot keep/maintain a fleet of cars and to plan that way will only be detrimental to long term growth of the club as the average race isn't going to own/maintain several cars.

and to address trophies, i'd rather not have them if it means paying for them with a race fee.

arch2b
2011.12.15, 01:02 PM
oh, anyone want to select 6 track layouts? HFAY BTE has a good number to choose from. i would be willing to contribute to purchasing a wide turn kit to facilitate all the BTE layouts. courtney shot down any thought of the store purchasing track so it will fall onto us if needed. another reason why i would not like to see race fee's.... i can then post track layouts to each thread.

tr1kstanc3
2011.12.23, 12:37 PM
I think it would be best to keep it free for race admission. Not sure of Courtney's plan for trophies. Next time I'm at the shop I'll talk to him about it in more detail.

I am cool with whatever layout we use for the BTE. I don't have a preference as to what order we run it in.

TheRinger
2011.12.27, 12:21 PM
i guess what i need to know is, does anyone want to continue with stock class? if not, i'm sure those with stock may move them to whatever is needed and keep hfay/gt70. i'm not buying another car, that i know. i bought a stock car which is already quickly becoming a paperweight and thats just inefficient in terms of hobby dollars. forgive my frustration, i just want to know what everyone wants to run so i can budget/plan accordingly and not keep a box full of cars for a bunch of classes i'll run once, twice a year. i don't mind gt70t, mod or whatever so long as everyone is on the same page. i for one cannot keep/maintain a fleet of cars and to plan that way will only be detrimental to long term growth of the club as the average race isn't going to own/maintain several cars.

and to address trophies, i'd rather not have them if it means paying for them with a race fee.
I think we all need to get together and have a meeting about this.

arch2b
2011.12.27, 12:36 PM
i agree in that we need direct talk vs. multiple responses. i've heard all fee stuff before from courtney for a long time and it had yet to be so when i hear it again, it's sort of dismissed on my part but i know he has a goal of getting a fee based store series going. i've offered many options and suggestions for getting something started over the last couple years. in part, the stock class was an introduction effort to get people in, buying and racing but it was never pushed by courtney so i'm not going to put energy into something that isn't taken seriously. i'd rather put my energy and money into a car i will use with our club. i had suggested multiple times that the monday racing be used for a store series where fee's and trophies could be provided. courtney has the space available mondays and it's being used to some extent for practice currently. i think it will honestly just take someone taking this on and owning it as courtney doesn't seem to have the time to do so. that can't be me however as i can't get there weekdays and already put my time into our club.

until anyone hears otherwise, there is no fee, there is no store provided equipment. everything else is just talk. we should definitely take some time to see what if anything else is going to be done with the 3l racing outside setting aside time/space to do so. they are in the schedule, i
ll show up to race so there will be racing. beyond that, it's undetermined.

arch2b
2012.01.03, 10:49 PM
what about joining the ISRL (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37417&page=2) series? it's a 3 wide l series with 3 classes to choose from.

ACT
2012.01.05, 06:35 PM
Hi there,

Are you guys keen to join us for our series race?

Please kindly check our our event on http://www.miniz.ws

Regards

vash
2012.01.08, 11:20 AM
still plan to make race depending on playoffs. Do we have a layout? my vote attached. Let me know if anyone has a different idea. This track is a lot like the HFAY BTE layout so others may not want

arch2b
2012.01.08, 12:07 PM
looks good to me.

what are thoughts on the 3 wide l series?

tr1kstanc3
2012.01.11, 10:44 AM
I plan on attending this race. I much prefer it over the smaller HFAY layout. Do we have enough people coming?

vash
2012.01.11, 11:34 AM
Plan to be there and saint also from what I understand

arch2b
2012.01.11, 01:26 PM
seth, has courtney transfered the calendar i emailed him to the shop calendar? if now we may be in trouble as the pokemon guys are always right behind us for scheduling.

hours are noon to 5pm correct? unless they plan to open early to let us setup, racing will be more like 1-4pm.

has courtney resubmitted the request letter for the 22nd? it has to be submitted well before hand.

vash
2012.01.11, 08:37 PM
He got it and should be on the schedule. I'm trying to get us in at 11 on the 22nd to set up like we did for bte. I'll check with him about the letter

tr1kstanc3
2012.01.18, 10:20 AM
I didn't realize this coming Sunday is Asian New Years. I've got family plans now. Won't be able to make it Sunday :mad:

Next time :D

arch2b
2012.01.18, 02:33 PM
seth, do you have a copy of the letter to the mall? courtney asked me for another copy but i apparently did not save it. need to check with courtney if this is still on if he hasn't submitted a letter.

vash
2012.01.19, 09:12 PM
Tried to fet hold if Cort but didn't. I'll try him tomorrow. Not sure about getting in at 11 Sunday. I'll talk to him about it. Not sure forum is active enough for a roll call but who is trying to make it?

arch2b
2012.01.19, 10:20 PM
i'll show up even if it's just a couple of us. practice is practice.

LeProf
2012.01.20, 09:01 AM
I will also most likely show up --- expect to arrive shortly after 12. Desperately need practice...
rene

arch2b
2012.01.20, 09:08 AM
if i offered a case of R1 Wurks 990 UHO AAA Batteries to be split by the 1st-3rd places, would that make it worth while to continue stock class? i could also ensure everyone who enters receives at least 1 pack.

TheRinger
2012.01.20, 12:16 PM
I should be able to make it.

arch2b
2012.01.20, 04:50 PM
Courtney did not submit the notice letter in time so the small track will be setup inside the store.

TheRinger
2012.01.21, 01:50 PM
What track layout are we doing?

TheRinger
2012.01.22, 09:32 AM
Not coming up today. See ya next month.

arch2b
2012.01.22, 10:01 AM
can't make it either. seth will be there but i'm not sure whom else will be. havent caught up with rene...

vash
2012.02.07, 07:14 PM
attached is the layout we ran. Ray, have your flash drive. Not sure I can make Saturday but will leave at the front of the store if I can't unless you want me to stash it in the back.