PDA

View Full Version : ISRL Racing Series Club Invite

Dusty Weasle
2011.12.13, 03:01 AM
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r38/DustyWeasle/Mini-AZ/ISRL_Poster_2012A.jpg

We are pleased to announce a new racing series under the banner of the International Scale Racing League, open to any and all clubs that would like to participate. Like the OLPS, these series will link clubs from anywhere in the world by racing on the same RCP circuit layout.

----------
Key points of the new series:

3x RCP Wide L size layouts (at least a 27'x15' space required).
5 months/10 race seasons, each circuit 1 round Clockwise and 1 round Anti-clockwise.

80 Minutes du Mans
A multi-class Le Mans style sports car and prototype race.
Each race is 8min for a total of 80min run in a season.
Classes all run and scored together. Positions are for Overall, Class, and Club Championships.
LMP class: 102mm+ prototype cars. Open motor. Plastic or Lexan. Lots of modification available and encouraged. 150g min (w/o batts)
GTS class: 98mm- sports cars. 70t+ motor. Plastic bodies. Some modification available. 125g min (w/o batts)

Formula Mini World Championship
Stock class F1 cars running 70t+ motors. Some modification available. 150g min (w/o batts)
Races are 70 laps (should take about 8min)
Driver and Club Championships
----------

So the natural question follows, 'Why create this series when there is already the OLPS'? Mini-AZ has proudly been a part of the OLPS since its inception, and we have enjoyed six years of great competition with friends the world over, and picked up a few trophies along the way ;). But our drivers, along with comments we've read from other clubs, expressed a desire for larger tracks and rules allowing greater latitude in car setup.

To that end we have created the ISRL Racing Series. This is not to take anything away from the OLPS. That series is specific to a stock class and short tracks and does it well. The ISRL caters to a larger track and more modified cars.

So please visit us at www.mini-az.com/isrl.html and have a look around. Some of the site is still under construction (of course), and a program for managing results and scoring is in development for smooth operation at both club and admin sides.

If you are interested in competing in one or both of these series just use the contact button on the site. Its free to join and race. The 2012 Winter Season begins in January. We look forward to beginning this new, bigger racing chapter and look forward to competing with you.

Dusty Weasle
2011.12.23, 04:25 AM
Below are the tracks for the ISRL 2012 Winter Season. These are all RCP 3x "Wide L" layouts with a maximum size of about 27' x15', so it should fit most clubs' available space. The track naming convention is famous drivers in honor of those larger than life heroes who make our favorite sports so great.

Some of their accomplishments can be seen on the results page:
http://www.mini-az.com/isrldumans2012a.html

January ----------
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r38/DustyWeasle/Mini-AZ/Tracks/ISRL_Clark.jpg

February ----------
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r38/DustyWeasle/Mini-AZ/Tracks/ISRL_Senna.jpg

March ---------- Updated 01/16/12
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r38/DustyWeasle/Mini-AZ/Tracks/ISRL_Earnhardt.jpg

April ---------- Updated 01/16/12
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r38/DustyWeasle/Mini-AZ/Tracks/ISRL_Wheldon.jpg

May ---------- Updated 01/16/12
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r38/DustyWeasle/Mini-AZ/Tracks/ISRL_McLaren.jpg

(Note: Earnhardt, Wheldon, and McLaren have been updated on 1/16/12 to address some club space issues)

byebye
2011.12.23, 09:50 AM
Awesome! I don't have a third L but now have a reason to consider. I'm looking forward to following this race series.

Kris

kryten
2011.12.26, 04:23 PM
Do we have to have RCP track? We use the kyosho circuit 50. Same track,but no corner bumps.

Dusty Weasle
2011.12.26, 10:48 PM
Hi ByeBye! Tel Aviv now, they do move you around. It'd be great to get a club from that part of the world, and you've got a ready-made race team with your family ;). I hope you can get another Wide L. (Becky says hi). BTW, I saw in the Marketplace someone else in Israel that had tried to start a club. Maybe more drivers looking to start.

Kryten- The Bump tiles are my nemesis. Their best use would be recycled into new Mini-Z bodies. Unfortunately the Bumps have to be used since they are part of a standard RCP Wide L kit. Could you maybe acquire the six Bump tiles separately?

Incidentally, we'll be tracking nationalities for drivers and clubs. I'd really like to see a lot of different flags on our scoreboard :).

byebye
2011.12.27, 01:25 AM
Hey Dusty! Please say hello back ;-). Yes I don't know how i missed that post by Avi. I've sent him a PM. He's less than an hour north of me.

Last night I ran some test and tune with the HFAY layouts. It feels good to get back into it. I really like the layouts you have here and I think this might be possible given the space I have. I should just need the 3rd L.

Dusty Weasle
2011.12.27, 09:15 AM
Glad to hear it Kris. I hope you can connect with Avi, maybe he's got an L. :D

I forgot to mention in the previous posts- On the ISRL site if you click on the track image it will open a printer-friendly map view of the track. (This is also true for the giant tracks on the Mini-AZ page).

http://www.mini-az.com/Tracks/ISRL_Clark_Print.jpg
(Here's the direct link for January's Clark circuit)

mbls
2011.12.27, 11:50 AM
mbl micro racers are in;)

ScoobyPete
2011.12.28, 10:08 AM
Would you be willing to consider allowing 3 tiles wide on the start finish straights?

chris b
2011.12.28, 11:48 AM
If you did that you would also need an expansion kit which we don't have:(. Also I don't think Chris's front room is big enough (or we will have to stand outside & look through the window:eek::D)

Chris

imxlr8ed
2011.12.28, 01:43 PM
I think if the more than 8 tile wide layouts were mirrored, they may fit in my basement. As they are now, I'd be running into my wall and pole.

racerquinn#1
2011.12.28, 06:23 PM
im in, i love these kind of events

Dusty Weasle
2011.12.29, 12:29 AM
Scooby- That would require clubs to get extra kits and the size would get larger, so expense and space become more limiting. In looking through past posts for clubs that wanted larger layouts I found this to be just at the limits. So I'm afraid we need to stick to three standard L kits.

Hi imx! DOW was one of the clubs I recalled wanted to run larger layouts. I thought these would fit your room. How close is it? Could it maybe work with some clever angeling of the track?

Welcome aboard MBL Micro Racers and racerquinn!

BTW, I noticed a typo in the 80MdM regs. C.1 should read "after the eight minutes has expired", not "ten minutes". I'm in a snowy cabin with limited and sloooooow access right now, so I'll have to update the file when I get back. :cool:

Dusty Weasle
2011.12.29, 12:43 AM
I've been receiving some questions through email so I thought I'd start a FAQ. I'll update as new questions arise:

General ---------------------

Q: 'What are the fees'?
A: Free. Nottin'. Enjoy.
Times are tough everwhere and racing is expensive. So pull that throttle and rest easy that it only costs you tires and parts. In future I hope to attract sponsors.

Q: 'How do we report race results'?
A: An automated system is being programmed now (sorry, development is running late). When a club joins they will be sent a Roster file and 10 Results files (20 if running 80MdM and FMWC).
- Club Stewards populate the Roster file with driver particulars.
- After running the month's race, the appropriate Results file is filled out with data from the Roster and the lap data.
- Output from the Results file is sent to the ISRL.
- At the end of the month the results from all the clubs are processed and the standings posted to the ISRL website.

Q: That's a lot of data like body, motor and fast lap listed on the Results page.
A: That's not a question. However, we have an answer. Just print the Race Day Log sheets linked below. This makes it easy to record the driver's particulars on-the-day and check them off for scrutineering. Lap and time fields are also included so you don't have to dig up the lap counter data later on if you prefer.
http://www.mini-az.com/isrldownloads.html#RaceDayLogs

Q: The reg says "Any 130 class 'stock' brush motor of 70t or greater". Which brands?
A: All of them. If it has 70 winds or more, its good. (This is for GTS and FM. LMP class can run anything 130 sized be it 2t, brush, rubber band, nuclear, whatever).

Q: Some motor Regs state “70t or greater”. Does that mean a faster motor or more motor winds (slower motor)?
A: The Reg refers to the number of motor winds, meaning 70 or more winds. So for example the PNWC70 or PNWC80 would be legal, but a 50t motor would not. That is the only limitation besides size and brushed (see above). The driver has great latitude in what motor they run, how its maintained and prepared, what brushes are used, etc, and we encourage a manufacturer motor war!

80 Minutes du Mans ----------

Q: 'Can a driver run in both LMP and GTS classes'?
A: Yes, in a way.
A driver only scores points in one class. However a driver may:
1. Change classes mid-season. The driver is then earning a completely different set of points in his new class (essentially a new driver).
2. A driver could race in both classes, but would in effect be two different drivers. He would score points in one class, then run a different car in the other class for a different set of points.
Clarification: There is not a separate LMP race and GTS race. They are all scored together in a clockwise then anticlockwise race. How you break up your Mains (minimum 3 cars take the green flag) is up to each club, just like OLPS.

So you could for example run the clockwise race with an LMP only Main and two GTS only Mains of three cars each, but those results are still sorted together into one race to score from one pool of points. On the scoreboard drivers are categorized by Overall Position and Class Position from those results.

Q: The body regs say "The body must form a reasonably complete shell around the chassis. Whole panels may not be removed". That suggests some can be trimmed. How much?
A: This was left a little loose, but use the PNWC regs as a reference. For example the rear bumper may not be more than 20mm off the ground is a good limit. Essentially your cars shouldn't look like a wedge of Swiss Cheese driving around the track. This will probably be codified more specifically for Summer 2012 season.

Formula Mini World Championship ----------

IMPORTANT: The FMWC has been changed to an 8 minute race, not a lap based race. Same as the 80MdM, just without the two classes.
Clarification: This was done to correct a scoring quirk caused by a lap based race in the on-line format. Essentially a club with one fast driver would score fewer laps due to the field being lapped, while another club with evenly matched drivers, even if slower overall, would have more drivers scoring at or near 70 laps.

imxlr8ed
2011.12.29, 08:40 AM
Hi imx! DOW was one of the clubs I recalled wanted to run larger layouts. I thought these would fit your room. How close is it? Could it maybe work with some clever angeling of the track?

Here's where we are at... this is the current HFAY BTE we have in there right now. It's tight, but it just fits. The yellow area is probably the only place that we could really extend the track without driving everone here nuts trying to get the best spot to see around the support pole (circle in middle of image). :o The green area can work as well, but many of our racers stand there to race (the staircase is adjacent/above the green area).

Like I've said previously in other threads, I don't want to be the limiting factor for any kind of layouts... If it works out though, we'll be running!

saddad
2011.12.29, 02:30 PM
sorry another question, bodies are pan car vds style legal for gts, & other than pn 70/reflex ct70 & kyosho stock which motors are ok ? (club members asking & i want to be sure i tell them the right things)

Dusty Weasle
2011.12.30, 09:43 PM
imx- I'm out of town at the moment, but I'll look into the track space when I get home. Its only the last three tracks (Mar-May) that we'd have to mirror, so changes to them shouldn't affect anyone running in the coming weeks.

saddad- For the two du Mans classes I was thinking in terms of the appropriate body style, but I'll stick to the letter of the regulations and say anything 98mm or less for GTS is legal. So VDS in GTS is good to go if it fits the wheelbase limit.

As for GTS class motors, as reg e.26 states "Any 130 class 'stock' brush motor of 70t or greater". If the motor is 70 turn or greater, its legal. In fact I'd love to see a motor war among all the manufacturers! :D

Dusty Weasle
2012.01.01, 07:43 AM
I've made some updates to the FAQ back on post 14.
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=426394&postcount=14

I've also added some convenient log sheets to print out for race day. Info and the link are in the FAQ's General section.

The 80MdM regs PDF has been updated fixing the typo in c.1. It now correctly states "after the eight minutes has expired".

IMPORTANT: For those running the Formula Mini World Championship, remember it is a 70 lap race, not a timed 8min race like the 80Minutes du Mans.

imxlr8ed
2012.01.04, 12:41 PM
A few questions:

1. Can my group run one Main with all of us running LMP cars, and then another Main with all GTS cars? Or can we only run either LMP or GTS? It seems it's ok to run a mix in one race but I'm curious if we are allowed to treat them as separate classes?

2. LMP class doesn't require the LM tires right?

3. LMP class does not include the 98mm prototypes, correct?

4. F1 runs both ways as well, correct? So that'll be 2 F1 races per track?

5. F1 is going to basically be a staggered start race to a 70 lap limit?

Just getting the basics down here so I know what my guys have to bring. We may just skip LMP and just run GTS unless we can scrub up some LM bodies for my racers.

Dusty Weasle
2012.01.05, 01:45 AM
Q1: 80MdM Reg b.5: “Clubs may use any method to decide the grid order and Mains placement for the race. Classes may be mixed or run separately in both qualifying and the official race”.

Clubs may grid their Mains however they choose. LMP and GTS may be run together or separate. In the end they are all scored together by laps and time (Overall standings, LMP standings, and GTS standings from one set of points).

I'm not sure yet, but I expect Mini-AZ will grid by Heat results regardless of class. I figure it doesn't matter if you're running a Model-T or a 962, if you can run with the A crowd, then that's where you belong.

---
Q2: LMP class, Reg e.13. “The front traction patch may be no wider than 9mm. The rear traction patch may be no wider than 12mm”.
So anything made of rubber less than or equal to those widths is good to go.

---
Q3: Correct. Regs e.5.-e.6. For LMP the body may be made of any material, but must fit a 102mm or greater wheelbase without grinding out new wheel wells.

---
Q4: Correct. FMWC Reg a.3. “... two rounds each, clockwise and anticlockwise...”. Same as OLPS. This is true of both 80MdM and FMWC, so both series combined run four points paying races per month.

---
Q5: Correct. FMWC Reg a.3. “Each race shall be 70 laps in length”, and Reg c.2.”Cars grid in a staggered formation following the start grid pattern on track”. The grid is also true for the 80MdM.

Important for both series: FMWC and 80MdM Reg c.1. “Time begins on the start signal for all cars”. So its a staggered standing start on the horn for the Mains, not an “IFMAR” start. Of course you may run your qualifying Heats as you choose (Reg b.5). Mini-AZ uses IFMAR for Heats.

imxlr8ed
2012.01.05, 11:14 AM
80MdM, so 8 minute race... clock starts at go.

FMWC, start on the horn... each driver runs to 70 laps. Difference from a staggered start is that distance covered from grid to loop at start gets added to overall time. First loop cross registers 0 lap.

Do I have it? :o

Have to see if Core can do that for FMWC class... never tried it before. I worry that all lap counts will stop when the first driver completes 70 laps, I guess there is a way around that though.

Dusty Weasle
2012.01.05, 09:38 PM
80MdM: Correct, exactly like OLPS, except now its two classes competing for the same 200 points each race. LMP has the power advantage, but GTS has the weight advantage.

FMWC works exactly like real F1 or NASCAR lap based races. The race starts for all drivers on the start signal. When the leader crosses the finish line completing lap 70 he takes the win while 2nd and back complete and count the lap they are on. After last place crosses the line the clock stops. Time is really only relevant for cars finishing on the same lap to determine position.

You can see an example of this on our FMGP of Phoenix event page here:
http://www.mini-az.com/resultsphoenixgp.html#F1GP_2011
(This is our annual full length Formula 1 race. Anyone in Phoenix in December come on over and race)!

CORE will correctly do lap based races. We used to do that in the early days of our AZGT series.

The grid distance, well, qualify up front then! :D

Dusty Weasle
2012.01.05, 09:51 PM
FAQ updated with a clarification to the 80MdM and FMWC sections.
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=426394&postcount=14

lfisminiz
2012.01.08, 10:00 PM
One question i do have...i think im just miss reading this but for F-1 and GTS, 70T or greater? I understand it as 70T or less or nothing faster than a 70T. It almost reads to me as 70T or faster (greater(+) if you understand what im refering to......THANKS.:)

imxlr8ed
2012.01.08, 11:39 PM
80MdM:

FMWC works exactly like real F1 or NASCAR lap based races. The race starts for all drivers on the start signal. When the leader crosses the finish line completing lap 70 he takes the win while 2nd and back complete and count the lap they are on. After last place crosses the line the clock stops. Time is really only relevant for cars finishing on the same lap to determine position.

:D

So... not everyone will get 70 laps? Like, if one of my racers laps me 10 times, and crosses their 70th lap, I would only get 60 laps because I am only allowed to finish that last lap? That doesn't seem fair because if a club has one guy who is blistering fast, that racer is going to screw his other club racers out of laps, whereas a club with a tighter group of laps will all finish with better counts than the drvers from the other club whose count got shut down earlier by the faster guy.

I understand how the system works but I think it only works when all the drivers would all be running together and that faster leader would shut it down for everyone at the same time.

Please tell me I have this all wrong. :o

Dusty Weasle
2012.01.10, 02:04 AM
:eek:

None of us caught that little flaw in my carefully planned out system. Good catch. Well, I figured there would be some growing pains with version 1.0 of the series. This is a tough one.

You are correct. Effectively a club with one fast driver would cause all other drivers in that club to score lower against clubs with more evenly matched drivers, even if the other clubs were slower overall. Unfortunately this appears to be a unique limitation of the on-line format regarding lap based races.

So here's the plan (I will be contacting the registered clubs by email as well): If no one has run the January FMWC yet I will revert that series to the 8min format we are familiar with from OLPS. If anyone has already run that race we will have to stick to the 70 lap format, however Hood came up with an interesting patch to the scoring system to make it fair. But I think we'd be better off just switching to 8min if we can.

Sorry about this guys. I was trying to bring us something a little different from what we've been doing with timed races. Even as a timed race though, its still longer tracks so you can better open up the throttle on those F1's!

THIS CHANGE AFFECTS THE FMWC ONLY. 80MDM REMAINS AS-IS.

If any clubs have already run the January FMWC please let me know immediately. Otherwise I will update the FMWC Regs shortly to be an 8min race rather than 70 laps.

Thanks for your patients in ironing out this last minute issue.

“Looks like we've had our glitch for this mission”.
--- Jim Lovell, Apollo 13

Dusty Weasle
2012.01.10, 02:24 AM
lfisminiz- The Reg is referring to the number of motor winds, meaning 70 or more winds. So for example the PNWC70 or PNWC80 would be legal, but a 50t motor would not.

FAQ updated
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showpo...4&postcount=14

chris130256
2012.01.10, 08:34 AM
HerefordF28UK applied to join the winter series this morning.

imxlr8ed
2012.01.10, 12:17 PM
:eek: …
None of us caught that little flaw in my carefully planned out system. Good catch. Well, I figured there would be some growing pains with version 1.0 of the series. This is a tough one.

You are correct. Effectively a club with one fast driver would cause all other drivers in that club to score lower against clubs with more evenly matched drivers, even if the other clubs were slower overall. Unfortunately this appears to be a unique limitation of the on-line format regarding lap based races.

So here's the plan (I will be contacting the registered clubs by email as well): If no one has run the January FMWC yet I will revert that series to the 8min format we are familiar with from OLPS. If anyone has already run that race we will have to stick to the 70 lap format, however Hood came up with an interesting patch to the scoring system to make it fair. But I think we'd be better off just switching to 8min if we can.

Sorry about this guys. I was trying to bring us something a little different from what we've been doing with timed races. Even as a timed race though, its still longer tracks so you can better open up the throttle on those F1's!

THIS CHANGE AFFECTS THE FMWC ONLY. 80MDM REMAINS AS-IS.

If any clubs have already run the January FMWC please let me know immediately. Otherwise I will update the FMWC Regs shortly to be an 8min race rather than 70 laps.

Thanks for your patients in ironing out this last minute issue.

“Looks like we've had our glitch for this mission”.
--- Jim Lovell, Apollo 13

Whew... was worried I was imagining things. :o

Ok... we would've raced it either way but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

And once again Larry, "70t or greater" does not equal 70t or faster! Now put all those Mod motors back in storage! ;)

Dusty Weasle
2012.01.12, 12:31 AM
Luckily it appears none of the clubs have run their January race yet, so we are implementing the FMWC change effective immediately.

At this time the FMWC has been changed to a time based race. This addresses the scoring problem caused by a quirk of lap based races in the on-line format. Registered clubs will also be informed via email.

*** FMWC is now an 8 minute race, not a lap based race ***
(So same as we did in the OLPS, just on a bigger track ;))

The FMWC regs are updated here:
http://www.mini-az.com/isrldownloads.html
(The only change is to make it 8min)

Again, sorry about this hiccup. I was hoping to do something different for FM, but as it turns out lap based will not work on-line.

(Note: The 80MdM is unchanged)

FAQ updated to reflect the FMWC change.
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showpo...4&postcount=14

Dusty Weasle
2012.01.16, 03:17 AM
The Earnhardt, Wheldon, and McLaren tracks are officially updated on the ISRL site (March, April, and May tracks):
http://www.mini-az.com/isrl.html
These were adjusted to address some of the clubs' space limitations. Wheldon and McLaren are simply mirrored from their original layout, Earnhardt had to be reshaped some.

That is the last of the anticipated changes. Whew! :rolleyes:

Foggy Style
2012.01.19, 08:46 AM
I see that the rules are clear on most points and a little grey in others . If there is any worries on what is allowed or if a track is set out properly,we should encourage all clubs to video all finals .
This will show if the right amount of tiles and bumps are used and if a shell is legal and 70t motor can be shown and laps achieved this proves no solo runs as well. It worked well with Dnano's.
Also if a racer attends another club as a guest and puts in a race time,can i confirm that timemust be submitted for that month,as we only get one timed final?

racerquinn#1
2012.01.19, 06:43 PM
i can film our final with my phone

Dusty Weasle
2012.01.20, 05:49 AM
I don't think we need to go to the extent of recording races. Frankly I'm not going to watch 96min of video to verify everyone. However you can post video if you like. Show what your club does and attract more drivers!

While our hope is for spirited competition in the ISRL, there is no big money on the line and we're doing this for fun, so we're trusting that drivers have read and understand the regulations, and Stewards oversee their clubs to make sure nothing is missed. The OLPS history has been one of honest racers giving it their honest best and we're confident that we will see that same caliber of sportsmanship in the ISRL.

Good luck in the January races everyone!

Foggy- Well, there are two ways you could approach this unusual circumstance:
1- Drive as a non-scoring filler car with the visited club, and run your official scoring race with your own club.
2- Drive your official scoring race at the visited club, but your score would be reported with your own club (necessary for the way we calculate scores).
IMPORTANT: The key here is you must choose what you're doing before you race. You can't run a race and later decide to make it filler or official, you must call it BEFORE you race. Once its official, its done and may not be re-run.

imxlr8ed
2012.01.23, 03:52 PM
A few questions... sorry to be a pain. :o

The tires for F1... can racers use cut and combined tires? Like some who run the F1 outer portion and run a regular radial on the inside of that. Or are we limited to strictly running the Kyosho, full F1 tires?

If I had an LM body that was cut out to run it in a 98mm wheelbase, can I still use it to run it once again as a 102mm? Reason I ask is because I know it's pretty much an open body format for LMP so I don't think there will be any advantage to running an Autoscale with hacked up wheel wells, plus... due to the fact that I am waiting for my 962 to explode the front end on the first real crash (even though I reinforced it), I would like to be able to swap to my Mazda LM if that happens.

Going to test my counter out tonight to see if I can start a multiple car, 70 lap race on the same go. I never tried it like that before.

Dusty Weasle
2012.01.24, 06:33 AM
And here I though I'd thought of everything. :rolleyes:

FMWC Tyres -----
At this late stage I don't want to monkey with the regs, so I'll say we stick to the wording as-is.
e.8. Any rubber tyre.
e.9. The front traction patch may be no wider than 13.5mm. The rear traction patch may be no wider than 15.5mm.

If the tyres are within those parameters, however they got there, they're good. However to keep more in the 'spirit' of F1 I may change this to specifically F1 tyres next season.

80MdM Bodies -----
LMP Class
e.6. Body must fit the required wheel base without excessive modification such as grinding out new wheel wells.

The point of this reg was to prevent someone from putting a tiny body onto a 102mm chassis to get an advantage. The LMP's should be large vehicles befitting their namesake. So it should be fine to use a shell that would have fit the LM's without grinding. As long as you don't need to modify the wheel wells to fit the LMP, that would be ok. (So no Mini Coopers on the 102mm chassis).

Obviously we'll examine how the shell regs work out over this season and refine as necessary next season.

Don't forget the FMWC has been changed to an 8min race to address that scoring quirk you figured out, so its no longer a 70 lap race. It works just like OLPS now.

imxlr8ed
2012.01.24, 11:22 AM
Don't forget the FMWC has been changed to an 8min race to address that scoring quirk you figured out, so its no longer a 70 lap race. It works just like OLPS now.

Oh yeah... wow, guess I was still obsessing about it for some dumb reason. I guess we're ready to go then this Sunday!

Thanks again!

racerquinn#1
2012.01.25, 09:58 PM
will see you guys there!!!!! need any help setting up the track ed on sunday

imxlr8ed
2012.01.26, 09:52 AM
will see you guys there!!!!! need any help setting up the track ed on sunday

Gotta teach you some thread etiquette. ;)

PM sent.

imxlr8ed
2012.01.30, 01:24 PM
Is the 150 minimum weight correct for LMP? We all had to add alot of lead to our cars yesterday to make the weights. Maybe I read the document wrong?

lfisminiz
2012.01.30, 03:44 PM
I hope we read it wrong.:eek: Added a ton of weight!:rolleyes:

racerquinn#1
2012.01.30, 05:55 PM
yes alot of weight was added for our cars. i have a picture to prove!?

Dusty Weasle
2012.01.31, 06:19 AM
That is correct. LMP >=150g, GTS >=125g. The idea is to give the GTS's a fighting chance against the LMP's. Remember both classes are competing for overall position in the points. The LMP's can be made from anything, including Lexan. This frees them up to add weight wherever you want for best handling, and then use the strongest motor you want to overcome the weight. The GTS are required to use polystyrene bodies and limited motors, though they are also free to trim and modify to reduce weight within those limits.

We'll see how this works out in the first season (too late to change it now). What we might do next season is lower the LMP minimum and simply not have a minimum for the GTS.

BTW, a couple of our GTS guys at Mini-AZ had cars that came in at about 125.6g! Brad (YBslow) makes these brass weight kits that fit the recess grooves under the chassis putting the extra weight at the very lowest point of the car. He doesn't have them up on his site yet, but they're awesome stuff.

I call my GTS (and former OLPS) car the "Silver Moose". I forget now exactly, but its something like 156g. I really need to work on lightening it. About 10g of that is a light kit I built, but its scientific fact that lights make cars faster.

My F1 has 20g of lead stuck outside the body back over the rear axle. It makes the car very heavy, but it really helps the rear stay planted and I find my tyres last longer since they're not sliding around as much.

Foggy Style
2012.01.31, 07:36 AM
I thought even though we ran together the GTS and LMP are seperate classes? Now we're all competing for the same championship?
I also think all A finals should be videod. I have seen guys go to another club,race in their HFAY A final and get 95 laps(not as fillers) Then at the end of the month they submit 110+ lap counts. This is cheating at OLPS,so whats to stop them doing the same here? Thats why i think we need videod finals.
We have already been accused of cheating by not having the RCP bumps,by people who havent even been to our club or seen what track we have there.
Our club is officially withdrawing from the ISRL series.

imxlr8ed
2012.01.31, 09:15 AM
I thought even though we ran together the GTS and LMP are seperate classes? Now we're all competing for the same championship?
I also think all A finals should be videod. I have seen guys go to another club,race in their HFAY A final and get 95 laps(not as fillers) Then at the end of the month they submit 110+ lap counts. This is cheating at OLPS,so whats to stop them doing the same here? Thats why i think we need videod finals.
We have already been accused of cheating by not having the RCP bumps,by people who havent even been to our club or seen what track we have there.
Our club is officially withdrawing from the ISRL series.

Do you have videos of your races? We are going to post ours as soon as the results are released only because you asked for them.

Which club are you with?... I can't seem to recall any big stink about someone cheating with the bumpouts or changing lap counts.

imxlr8ed
2012.01.31, 09:24 AM
I call my GTS (and former OLPS) car the "Silver Moose". I forget now exactly, but its something like 156g. I really need to work on lightening it. About 10g of that is a light kit I built, but its scientific fact that lights make cars faster.

Very true... light kits, underglows and cool paint schemes make Mini-Zs faster! I once built a car with a light kit, underglows, light up disc brakes and a hand-painted scheme of cool lightning bolts, a half-naked Norse goddess killing a dragon with a sword on the hood... I turned it on, put it on the track, squeezed the trigger and it shot into another dimension!!! :rolleyes:

Ok... now the weight makes sense. We were gettin the lead out, no doubt!

kryten
2012.01.31, 09:35 AM
Do you have videos of your races? We are going to post ours as soon as the results are released only because you asked for them.

Which club are you with?... I can't seem to recall any big stink about someone cheating with the bumpouts or changing lap counts.

He races at our club,which is MK Micro racers. There was no public big stink about the barrier issue. I believe someone emailed Dusty about us.
We had a club meeting,and the decision was made to officially drop out of ISRL.
We are going to run a club series based on 3 wide L setups.

imxlr8ed
2012.01.31, 09:44 AM
He races at our club,which is MK Micro racers. There was no public big stink about the barrier issue. I believe someone emailed Dusty about us.
We had a club meeting,and the decision was made to officially drop out of ISRL.
We are going to run a club series based on 3 wide L setups.

Someone from your own club emailed Dusty about the bumpouts you had set up?

I'm bummed you won't be racing with us... personally, If you guys ran with no barriers, I'd still want you in the series. But it's Dusty's race series and the rules are clear. I had to cut up a straight side rail just to replace our bumpout that we lost.

Dusty... I will send in our results tonight and we should have our vids up by tomorrow.

kryten
2012.01.31, 01:12 PM
No i believe it was a rival club who contacted them about the barriers. We actually bought foam and made our own bumps as RCP will not sell them seperately. I even contacted them direct to try and get them.
The bump barriers are not the issue with us dropping out. Our club drivers would rather have stock or open class,regardless of wheelbase. This is why we have withdrawn.

hrdrvr
2012.01.31, 01:13 PM
Ive got a question. We aren't participating, so tell me to butt out if that is the answer I deserve, but isn't 125g, and 150g both really light? Race ready weight for PNWC is 175g, which is 50g more (more than the heaviest body or battery set) than you guys are talking about for GTS......

chad508
2012.01.31, 01:35 PM
i just looked at the posted rules and that is w/o batteries

imxlr8ed
2012.01.31, 01:38 PM
Ive got a question. We aren't participating, so tell me to butt out if that is the answer I deserve, but isn't 125g, and 150g both really light? Race ready weight for PNWC is 175g, which is 50g more (more than the heaviest body or battery set) than you guys are talking about for GTS......

125g minimum is no problem, right to assume that almost all cars exceed this.

150g minimum is for the LMP (mod) cars so they are kept to around the same speeds as the GTS class.

These weights are both without cells too.

My Porsche 962 in full race trim was around 130g, so I had to add the weight.

It's always been my opinion that the minimum weight for Mini-Zs should be the lightest Autoscale (betting on the Vitz or the Lancia), and a completely stock chassis. Same for F1 as well.

I do understand now as to why they went with the weights they did for this series... I was just in a bit of shock when I had to add all that lead. All good now.

Dusty Weasle
2012.01.31, 04:07 PM
Awesome imx! That is exactly how it works. :p
-----
Sorry to hear that Jayce. Maybe some other season then.
-----
Yes, a few weeks ago there was a concern raised about a club possibly not having all the necessary tile types but it appeared to be resolved. Too bad you guys are dropping, I’d rather see club rivalries settled on the track.

I haven’t heard anything about the OLPS issue before, but that’s Brian’s department. This is little toy cars with no money on the line, so I expect everyone that’s in this is doing it for fun and the challenge. But by all means post videos and promote your club’s activities! Participating in an international series like OLPS or ISRL can be an exciting draw for drivers and I hope this can help grow your clubs.
-----
Hrdrvr, good question (some of the others answered it for me). We’d love to have your club butt into the series. ;)

For the weights we are encouraging drivers to modify and innovate and invent your hearts out to make your cars as light as possible so you can place the weight where you want to meet the minimums and make the most agile, best handling race machine you can! The LMP’s obviously have the greatest latitude in design (the “P” standing for “Prototype” after all). You can put a monster motor in the back, but can you design a car that will put that power on the ground? That’s the challenge! :D

The weight minimums are without batteries as there is some variability between cell weights, so I felt the car’s ‘dry’ weight was a more consistent and fair representation.
-----
You are partially correct, Foggy. Remember the 80MdM has four championships within the series (reg d.10-d.14):
80MdM Driver’s World Champion: Overall points regardless of class
80MdM LMP Class Champion: Points among the LMP class
80MdM GTS Class Champion: Points among the GTS class
80MdM Club World Champion: Averaged point totals among clubs.
-----
Don’t forget to send those results in tonight. I’ve sent the txt format to the clubs that signed up. The automated scoring software unfortunately wasn’t ready so we’ll have to do this first month the old fashioned way. However the software is mostly developed and should be fully functional soon. This will be v1.0 so it won’t be pretty, but it’ll work. Later versions we plan to have features like filtering for comparisons and so on (and I’m learning some WPF/XAML my own self which should help). :cool:

chris130256
2012.02.01, 04:50 AM
We have a couple of stupidly fast drivers at our club (HerefordF28UK) who have scored 110+ laps (Hfay) on quite a few occassions. Because of the unbelievable times posted, I thought it would be a good thing to keep documented evidence of proof without having to resort to videoing every race. I've got the statistics of every lap time (to 1000th second) from every race from the last 2 Hfays seasons. Anyone is welcome to see these if they don't believe what scoes ChrisB and Big Steve attained.
Maybe all the participating clubs should have these results available to non believers to prove they are legit, if so asked?
Anyway, Hereford have their results for January, I'd like to send them but not sure how/where?
Cheers, ChrisD.

Dusty Weasle
2012.02.01, 05:15 AM
Hehe, I don't think we'll be seeing hundred laps on these 3L circuits. However Earnhardt (March) is a little shorter and a lot of straightaway, so maaaybe there. :cool:

As I mentioned above, the automated software isn't quite ready yet. It should be deployed in the coming weeks. In the meantime I'll have to use brute-force manual scoring this month. Send me the txt file like this:

ClubName_Series_RaceNumber.txt (ex: Mini-AZ_80MdM_Race01.txt)
For the 80MdM: DRIVER, CLASS, LAPS, TIME, FAST LAP, BODY, CHASSIS, MOTOR, NATIONALITY
For the FMWC: DRIVER, LAPS, TIME, FAST LAP, MOTOR, NATIONALITY

(ex: Dusty, GTS, 78, 8:02.37, 6.97, Murcielago, MR-02, PNWC70, USA)
Note: NATIONALITY is the Driver's home country, not the Club's

We will only be using times out to hundredths of a second. Thousandths will be truncated, so no need to include them. Do not round. (I wish all lap counters ran thousandth accuracy, we've had races that close at Mini-AZ).
Use this format for TIME: 0:00.00 (ex:. 8:01.03)
Use this format for FAST: 00.00 (ex:. 07.25)

I currently have results for:
RMZR
Mini-AZ
HerefordF28UK
So everyone please send in your results straight away!

imxlr8ed
2012.02.01, 09:12 AM
We have a couple of stupidly fast drivers at our club (HerefordF28UK) who have scored 110+ laps (Hfay) on quite a few occassions. Because of the unbelievable times posted, I thought it would be a good thing to keep documented evidence of proof without having to resort to videoing every race. I've got the statistics of every lap time (to 1000th second) from every race from the last 2 Hfays seasons. Anyone is welcome to see these if they don't believe what scoes ChrisB and Big Steve attained.
Maybe all the participating clubs should have these results available to non believers to prove they are legit, if so asked?
Anyway, Hereford have their results for January, I'd like to send them but not sure how/where?
Cheers, ChrisD.

I can easily believe 100+ runs on 2WLs... just wish I could do them on a regular basis!

Dusty... when you want the fast lap time, you don't care about which lap was the fastest, correct? LMK if you need anything else.

Dusty Weasle
2012.02.01, 02:18 PM
Nope, just the fastest lap time by each driver for the FAST column. At some point there will be a Hall of Fame type page with champions and track records.

So if anyone gets a lap counter error (like a crash under the loop/minimum time miscount kind of thing), just discard that fast time (and lap obviously) and find the fastest time manually in your lap data.

racerquinn#1
2012.02.01, 11:25 PM
hello, heres just a cool video i have of our reverse a-main LM cars...notice right before the count down starts i notice my car was stuck on the wall....

enjoy

http://youtu.be/WAe09s1kKRk

Dusty Weasle
2012.02.03, 05:08 AM
Scores are up for the 80 Minutes du Mans:
http://www.mini-az.com/isrldumans2012a.html#80MdM_2012a_Jan

(I'll have the Formula Mini World Championship results compiled and posted in the next day or two. Stand by).

Congratulations to Big Steve and LarryX for sweeping the wins in your respective classes. Your overall points leader is Big Steve, and HerefordF28UK begins the season with a 4.4 point lead over 2nd in the Club Championship chase.

The FAST LAP category was not reported to me for all drivers, so I can only go on what I have, but the inaugural Clark circuit records for these classes are:

(Updated with data from Hereford)
GTS: Big Steve of HerefordF28UK with a 5.99sec
LMP: LarryX of RMZR with a 6.59sec

Pennsylvania showing some speed. :cool:

I was hoping for more LMP drivers, but its a start. The great thing about the on-line format is we can have large fields which makes Le Mans style multi-class racing practical. Remember LMP drivers you have a higher minimum weight, but you have unlimited power to compensate. Don't let those GTS guys dominate you! :D

Thanks to everyone for participating, I hope you had a good time with the bigger layouts and enjoy the points challenge of mixed class racing over the coming months. Good luck drivers in February!

lfisminiz
2012.02.03, 04:41 PM
Not that its that important but LARRY in GTS....the body i used was the Honda HSV not the 599XX. I know its fun to see what bodies people run.:)

chris b
2012.02.04, 04:16 AM
Hi, just for info the bodies we ran at HerefordF28UK were:

big steve, chris b, steve g & rickwales all ran mosler's
mrf28 I think runs an enzo.

Chris

lfisminiz
2012.02.04, 04:30 PM
Hi, just for info the bodies we ran at HerefordF28UK were:

big steve, chris b, steve g & rickwales all ran mosler's
mrf28 I think runs an enzo.

Chris

Thanks! Always interesting to see what people run.:)

Dusty Weasle
2012.02.05, 11:41 PM
January's Results and Standings are up for the Formula Mini World Championship:
http://www.mini-az.com/isrlfmwc2012a.html#FMWC_2012a_Jan

Its a small field but I hope to see more people jump into the F1 arena. This form of racing is great fun and is usually our closest matches.

Well done to Larry of RMZR for sweeping the opening rounds. The inaugural Clark circuit FAST LAP in FMWC goes to:
Larry with a 6.62sec lap.

Some of our drivers have been experiencing that intermittent control problem in our F1's that seem to crop up randomly on people. When it happened to me I ultimately had to get a new control board and its been great so far, but that's not the ideal solution.

Race #2 was a bit of a comedy of errors for us, so we hope to bring a tougher challenge to you all in February. ;)

I received an updated FAST and BODY list from the Stewards for the 80MdM. That page has also been updated. See Post #59 for the updated FAST LAP record holders in that series.

racerquinn#1
2012.02.06, 06:26 PM
good job larry!!!:D

lfisminiz
2012.02.06, 07:29 PM
good job larry!!!:D

THANKS!:) I think there is more to get out of my F-1. The problem is sometimes they are the BIGGEST pain in the A$$ to get right.;):p

hilldebrandt
2012.02.06, 08:54 PM
Well done Larry ! Wo0t !

Dusty, for the record I was using a Ferrari F430 body for GTS.

Thanks,
Gregg of RMZR.

imxlr8ed
2012.02.07, 12:54 AM
I think I'm going to make all my crew fill out setup sheets too, next time we'll have all of the specifics.

Sorry Greg... Couldn't remember what shell you had on there.

Dusty Weasle
2012.02.07, 03:36 AM
Thanks, Greg. I'll send it up to the site soon.

Don't forget I have these convenient driver log sheets available at the site:
(Scroll to bottom of page)

Perfect for signing in drivers, scruitineering, and recording their particulars. The lap data fields are just for added convenience so you don't have to look up the files later.

I always say the F1's are some of the best fun... when they work. They're fragile, temperamental and tricky to drive, but they're a blast when you get it right.

Dusty Weasle
2012.02.24, 04:25 AM
Good news on the scoring software. After two programmers failed to deliver, I've had to bring my Dad out of retirement. After a lifetime of designing Mainframes, he's been getting up to speed on WPF and XML to put this program together. Its taken a while, but I saw the Beta version working tonight. We hope to have this ready to deploy to the club Stewards within the next few days.

The way it works is you get the club-side program which makes it easy to build a driver roster and populate race results. That kicks out a file you send to the ISRL to be processed with all the others here in the ISRL-side program for final results and standings.

I'll get this to the club Stewards as soon as possible. Its been an incredibly steep hill getting to this point, and its not pretty yet, but it'll work and make series management much easier.

mleemor60
2012.02.24, 06:51 AM
THANKS!:) I think there is more to get out of my F-1. The problem is sometimes they are the BIGGEST pain in the A$$ to get right.;):p

Sometimes?

Dusty Weasle
2012.02.28, 03:40 AM
Its been a marathon but we finally have the first working version of the scoring software. Its still in a rough form. Not overly pretty, just functional for now. We'll make it better in future versions.

I'll be sending the EXE to the Club Steward with these instructions. This program keeps all the data over the course of the season, so I'll need you to enter your data from Races #1-2 as well as #3-4. Sorry. For convenience you could just jump over to the results page to find the #1-2 entries: http://www.mini-az.com/isrlresults.html

You then send in the XML file it outputs and those are processed at the ISRL end by another program.

The aim here is to make the series data management easy and consistent for everyone. This early version isn't doing data validation yet, so please check your entries carefully. Eventually this will be automatic and foolproof, but for now we just had to get it working and delivered.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r38/DustyWeasle/Mini-AZ/ISRL_DataForm_Beta.jpg

imxlr8ed
2012.02.28, 08:57 AM
We didn't run LMP this month due to bad timing and BS-ing so hopefully some other clubs ran it so then we'll all be on an even keel as far as races run.

I'll check out the result sender thingy tonight.

imxlr8ed
2012.03.02, 11:32 AM
PMed and emailed you Dusty.

Dusty Weasle
2012.03.06, 01:02 AM
February results are posted for Race #3-4. The first of the Drops have been applied and there are still close battles in the points. The LMP's have some catching up to do. Standings change over the previous month are now listed under the "CHG" column.

80MdM Results:
http://www.mini-az.com/isrldumans2012a.html#80MdM_2012a_Feb

FMWC Results:
http://www.mini-az.com/isrlfmwc2012a.html#FMWC_2012a_Feb

Inaugural FAST LAP for the Senna Circuit goes to:
GTS: Brad with a blistering 6.06sec
LMP: DJ with a 6.52sec
FM: Larry with a 6.53sec

The RMZR gang didn't run LMP this month, but Mini-AZ's DJ did, so that gives him a chance to catch up. Congratulations to Big Steve on sweeping the 80MdM from the GTS class, and to Larry on his continued sweep in the FMWC. And I see Chris B of the HerefordF28UK club is cruising to podiums on a PNWC80! Are you guys gonna take that? An 80T...? :rolleyes:

Next its on to the Earnhardt Circuit and its dual flat-out straights. Pedal to the metal in March boys!

imxlr8ed
2012.03.06, 09:54 AM
Jeez!... in the first CW race, Big Steve's pace lap was a 6.51 and his fast was a 5.99! This time in CW he ran a 6.56 pace and his fast was a 6.10... That's amazing!

Dusty Weasle
2012.03.13, 01:45 AM
The automated scoring software is coming along well. We knew it was correctly processing data when it came up with a different result than was on the website. Oops, it found an error in January's Race #2 results. :o

ChrisB's 64 laps were incorrectly Classified above all the drivers with 66 laps in Race #2. This is corrected now but had a small ripple down effect to several drivers, affecting a few standings into February:

Sorry about that. We expect to fully deploy the scoring software this month. The full automation will make sorting the results instant and accurate.

I sent out the club-side reporting software last month, but a new and improved version will be deployed shortly. This time it will be downloadable from the ISRL Downloads page. I'll let you know when its live.

Dusty Weasle
2012.03.17, 12:30 AM
The latest version of the ISRL Race Reporting program is up on the Downloads page:

Club Stewards please download this program and use it to submit your race results. Just put the EXE in the directory you want to manage your club from and run it, no install needed.

The program is still in a simple form so we could get it done, so its not pretty, but functional. You enter and update your driver roster here so you only need to input drivers and their particulars once. This list automatically populates into the results field each month for you to add their laps, fast times, chassis, etc.

IMPORTANT: I need you to input all race results to-date as the program keeps all the data cumulatively throughout the season. This outputs an XML file which you email to me for processing. If you don't have all your races input, the scoring program on my end will think you didn't run those races. (It would probably be easiest to go to the ISRL Results page and copy the results from there).

Sorry for the extra bit of work to get this going, but its easy after that. This program will eliminate repetitive data entry for you and turn hours of sorting by me into seconds.

Also don't forget to print the Race Day Log Sheets to make it easy for you to record driver variables like body and motor.

Dusty Weasle
2012.04.02, 01:57 AM
The Reports software (club-side) and Scoring software (admin-side) are at long last fully up and running. March will be the first month exclusively using the programs to manage all the data, but during testing we discovered a few mistakes I made while doing this process manually for Jan-Feb. There was also a name change that inadvertently created two drivers where there really was just one.

The ISRL site is now updated with the corrected data for Jan-Feb. A few positions changed slightly on the leader board, but nothing too dramatic. The biggest change is the FMWC Club Championship standings for Feb. Somehow I got the math very wrong. Now corrected, RMZR has moved into the lead over Mini-AZ by 28.92 points! Congratulations to the Pennsylvania guys.

http://www.mini-az.com/isrlfmwc2012a.html

With the scoring software fully functioning now, we should be able to run error free. :D

The results for March will be updated soon. (I still have to update the website manually).

imxlr8ed
2012.04.02, 10:13 AM
We couldn't get the racing in this month, only myself and Larry showed. :(

Dusty Weasle
2012.04.04, 01:20 AM
Scores are up for March's Race #5-6. Unfortunately RMZR couldn't get their race in this month so the field is a bit smaller, but hopefully they'll make a good run in April.

80 Minutes du Mans Results:
http://www.mini-az.com/isrldumans2012a.html#80MdM_2012a_Mar

Formula Mini World Championship Results:
http://www.mini-az.com/isrlfmwc2012a.html#FMWC_2012a_Mar

Earnhardt was a fast track with some tough, tight corners at the ends. Navigate the line well though and you could blast down the straights! Great fun. True to its namesake it was a hard chargin' track.

The inaugural fast lap time goes to:
GTS: Big Steve with a 5.51
LMP: DJ with a 6.02
FM: DJ with a 6.17

Congratulations guys!

The top of the leader board in 80MdM has stabilized with all the position changes taking place 10th and below. Hereford continues to pull away in the Club Championship chase, while Mini-AZ retakes the lead in FMWC, though that may only be due to RMZR missing the race. Oh, what might have been.

April visits the Wheldon circuit with a lot more twists and chicanes to negotiate. Good luck drivers!

Dusty Weasle
2012.05.07, 02:33 AM
Scores are up for April's Race #7-8 on the Wheldon Circuit.

http://www.mini-az.com/isrldumans2012a.html#80MdM_2012a_Apr

http://www.mini-az.com/isrlfmwc2012a.html#FMWC_2012a_Apr

The inaugural fast lap time goes to:
GTS: Big Steve with a 5.78
LMP: DJ with a 6.31
FM: Joe Krosner with a 6.38

Notice in FMWC Race #8 three of the FAST lap time were 6.69, that's how close we run our F1's at Mini-AZ!

There's been a little shifting mid-field in 80MdM. Big Steve continues running away with the lead, but there are still a number of tight races. Only five points separate Brad in 2nd from ChrisB in 3rd, while Hood holds 4th away from MrF28 by only 10 points.

In FMWC Dusty has jumped to the top of the leader board with only five points separating him from DJ, while Joe and Hood are tied with one race remaining.

I had a horrible string of problems this time around. In the 80MdM I actually had BOTH front tires peel off at the same time and wrap around the axles! (They were very thin). Then after winning the first FMWC race, my motor pod dropped a mounting screw for the second race leaving my car spinning unpredictably (didn't discover the cause until after the race). Unbelievable. Next race has got to be better.

One round left in this inaugural season of the ISRL series. See you all at the McLaren Circuit for May. Good luck drivers.

chris130256
2012.05.08, 03:45 AM
Dusty, just one thing.. the results in race 8 shows Brad 2nd scoring 69 in 8:00.70 and MrF28 3rd scoring 69 in 7.59.86. I think the results should be reveresed?

Dusty Weasle
2012.05.10, 01:59 AM
Initially it seems that way, however the way the scoring system works is it looks at a prescribed race duration of 8min. So technically anything under 8min is a DNF, even if by a fraction, and therefore classified behind cars on the same lap that traveled the full 8min duration.

Again, seems odd when the time is only slightly under 8min, but then the question becomes where do you draw the line? 7:59.00? 7:55.00? etc. What about the car that fails on the last lap and can't take the checkers? Rare of course, but does happen.

So the scoring software only knows to look for cars that meet or exceed the duration of 8min and can only assume others finished behind if on the same lap. Its not something I can manually change either as the software compiles the data each month to determine score, place and tie breakers based on its past calculations.

There appears to be a problem in Hereford's lap counter setup. It seems to intermittently stop scoring just shy of 8min, but not most of the time, unless someone occasionally thinks they've finished and pulls their car thus sacrificing a lap (also been known to happen, done it myself).

At Mini-AZ we switched from CORE to AMB to Giro-Z. The Giro-Z system has been extremely consistent and reliable. The transponders are very small, light weight and draw very little power. And I can't recall any occasion when the software has stopped timing prior to the full race duration. Its a solid system.

Funny story though, its Achilles heel can be the transponder's LED. Recently we had a large track day (the Fuji Circuit) but didn't have access to the vacuum to clean the track. In our 30min stock class race I was in the lead and doing great when after awhile we noticed I wasn't counting. I pulled off the track and popped the top to discover the transponder completely covered by RCP dust! I cleaned it off (now far out of the lead), but that only lasted minutes before it was covered again. What luck.

chris b
2012.05.10, 02:24 PM
It is probably an issue with the setup of the timing system, (don't know how it works) maybe the the finishing time is too short (if it is adjustable). On the times in which it did recorded a finish under 8mins though the computer didn't even try & count another lap but called the driver finished. The times as you see are only fractions under 8mins.
In theory the car with a finishing time of 7.59.** should be in front of another driver with the same lap but an 8min + time. Wether the driver finished the following lap or not.(If the computer had continued to count the driver would have 1 extra lap with a slower finishing time).
If the system is set up as is then fair enough (Chris will just have to go faster :D)

As for my times at the mo I am having all sorts of problems getting my car to stop randomly turning left for no reason.:confused::mad:

Dusty Weasle
2012.06.04, 12:35 AM
I had a similar problem recently, Chris. My car was hopping like a Kangaroo and would just dart all over the place with the slightest steering input. Afterward I discovered both chassis-side T-Plate screws were backed part way out... and... on the Disk Dampener center post one screw had completely fallen out with the second part way out leaving the post flopping loose! I effectively had no rear suspension! No wonder my Murcielago drove like it was having a seizure. It was a problem gradually building over several races, and cost me a lot of points. Lesson of the Day: Check your screws and fasteners before every race! :p

Dusty Weasle
2012.06.04, 01:01 AM
Scores are up for May's big finale, races #9-10 on the McLaren Circuit.

http://www.mini-az.com/isrldumans2012a.html#80MdM_2012a_May

http://www.mini-az.com/isrlfmwc2012a.html#FMWC_2012a_May

The inaugural fast lap times for the McLaren Circuit go to:
LMP: N/A
GTS: 007 with a 6.27
FM: DJ with a 7.00

And our 2012 Winter Season championship winners are: --------------------------------

80 Minutes du Mans
Overall
Driver's World Champion: Big Steve, UK
2nd Brad, USA
3rd ChrisB, UK

Le Mans Prototype
LMP Class Champion: DJ, USA
2nd LarryX, USA
3rd EdX, USA

Grand Touring Sport
GTS Class Champion: Big Steve, UK
2nd Brad, USA
3rd ChrisB, UK

Club World Champion: HerefordF28UK, UK

Formula Mini World Championship
Driver's World Champion: DJ, USA
Club World Champion: Mini-AZ, USA

Congratulations to our podium winners and all those who participated in this first season of the ISRL championship series. We look forward to racing with you and many others in the Summer Season beginning in July.

I've made a few adjustments to the regulations for next season that I think you will like, such as lowing the minimum weight for LMP class to 125g (w/o batteries) and removing the minimum for GTS class. Regulations and tracks will be posted soon for the 2012 Summer Season. Watch here (and the ISRL website) for updates.

We had a great time at Mini-AZ racing on these larger layouts against some terrific drivers from here to the other side of the world. Thanks again for participating everyone, and we look forward to racing with you again. Hopefully this series will grow and we'll see even more drivers. My goal is to see flags from all over the world up on that scoreboard! And remember, like the 24 Hours of Le Mans this series offers multi-class racing, so take advantage of that and lets see more of those super cars out there!

chris130256
2012.06.05, 04:19 PM
Thanks for the organisation Dusty. We've all enjoyed the bigger track of your series.
Well done to Big Steve and Brad. Their times have been incredibly close on most races throughout the 10 races!
We will be back in July.

Dusty Weasle
2012.10.03, 12:27 AM
Hi there, I noticed the view numbers growing on this thread faster than the current one, so in case you haven't seen it, the current season thread (July-Nov 2012) can be found here:
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38137

Dusty Weasle
2014.05.28, 12:14 AM
Hello again drivers! I'm pleased to announce the reopening of the International Scale Racing League with a new season of racing beginning in July 2014, and invite clubs from everywhere in the world to join in the competition.

The new series is called the ISRL Grand Prix. Its a multi-class series for Stock and Modified sports cars and features larger circuits, two Class Championships, an Overall Championship and Club Championship.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r38/DustyWeasle/Mini-AZ/Logo_ISRL_GP_Header_zpsa853efc0.png (http://s140.photobucket.com/user/DustyWeasle/media/Mini-AZ/Logo_ISRL_GP_Header_zpsa853efc0.png.html)

- 5 months, 10 races per Class (2 each mo). Each Class runs two 5min Mains, clockwise and anti-clockwise on each circuit.

- Scoring spread increases significantly as you finish higher up the field. Bonus points for setting Fastest Lap.

- STK (Stock Class)
Plastic chassis/body
70t or greater 'stock' brush motor (ie 70-80t ok, not 50t)

- MOD (Modified Class)
Anything goes for chassis/body/power. Maximum innovation.
50t or less brush motor, or equivalent brushless (ie 50, 45, 35t, etc ok, not 70-80t)

See the sporting regulations for further details:

Visit the ISRL home at:
www.mini-az.com/isrl.html

These are the circuits for the 2014 Summer Season:
Note: The start line can be placed anywhere if you don't have a 3-wide scoring loop.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r38/DustyWeasle/Mini-AZ/Tracks/ISRL_Fangio_zps27f33ba9.jpg (http://s140.photobucket.com/user/DustyWeasle/media/Mini-AZ/Tracks/ISRL_Fangio_zps27f33ba9.jpg.html)

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r38/DustyWeasle/Mini-AZ/Tracks/ISRL_Burns_zps4413844f.jpg (http://s140.photobucket.com/user/DustyWeasle/media/Mini-AZ/Tracks/ISRL_Burns_zps4413844f.jpg.html)

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r38/DustyWeasle/Mini-AZ/Tracks/ISRL_Fireball_zps28fa7f40.jpg (http://s140.photobucket.com/user/DustyWeasle/media/Mini-AZ/Tracks/ISRL_Fireball_zps28fa7f40.jpg.html)

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r38/DustyWeasle/Mini-AZ/Tracks/ISRL_Enzo_zps877d3b26.jpg (http://s140.photobucket.com/user/DustyWeasle/media/Mini-AZ/Tracks/ISRL_Enzo_zps877d3b26.jpg.html)

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r38/DustyWeasle/Mini-AZ/Tracks/ISRL_Newman_zpsedc97258.jpg (http://s140.photobucket.com/user/DustyWeasle/media/Mini-AZ/Tracks/ISRL_Newman_zpsedc97258.jpg.html)

byebye
2014.05.28, 06:42 PM
sub'd

Kris

Dusty Weasle
2014.07.23, 12:57 AM
Mini-AZ is looking forward the first round of the 2014 ISRL GP this Saturday. We're looking for serious competition and hope some of you clubs out there can join the series.

We wanted the classes to be distinct from one another but without excessive teching, so primarily motors separate the two. Requiring hotter motors and allowing anything from CF to Brushless makes Modified FAST again!

A good points fight is the heart of the competition. So because everyone loves a great underdog story, we made the points scale significantly reward finishing well. A driver lagging behind can quickly make up ground by scoring up front, and bonus points for setting the fastest lap means you best GO LIKE HELL! :D There are also several championship titles to challenge for. Gotta collect 'em all!

Tight lead-lap pack racing is the thrill we all enjoy, so the race durations are five minutes to keep the pack fighting for position from green to checkers. Keep you're teammates close and your rivals closer. Clockwise and anti-clockwise rounds mean more racing and more chances to chase those points like a dog on a ball-ball.

We need room to open these little beasts up, so we designed larger tracks with wide straights, sweeping corners, short-chutes, hairpins and broad arcs. Pick your place to blast out around for the pass, open it wide down the straight, or defend your line in the corner. Every track has its unique character.

If your club is looking for a challenge, and you have the track and the space, then we'll see you on the grid for the ISRL Grand Prix.

There are more details in the post above and the Sporting Regs can be found here:

You can send me a PM through MZR or click the "Contact" switch on the ISRL website.

Dusty Weasle
2014.08.02, 12:28 AM
Race data and Results are up for round 1 of the ISRL GP series.
http://www.mini-az.com/isrlgp2014b.html#ISRL_GP_2014b_Jul

Track speed records are updated on the Hall of Fame page:
http://www.mini-az.com/isrlhof.html#TrackRecords

The series is just getting started and there are a lot of points to score, so I hope to see more clubs join the competition.

We had a blast at Mini-AZ. A really fun layout that flowed great in both directions but handled differently in each. Lots of space to pour on the speed, slingshot momentum and challenge to pass. The addition of bonus points for Fastest Lap added the dimension of a race-within-a-race, and every race had battles for position at the end. Interestingly the Fast Lap times were all set my the mid-field finisher.

DJ and I ended up tied for P1 on the STK Class leaderboard, with the tie breaker going to DJ by his setting the fastest class lap. Hood made a dominant drive in MOD Class capturing both wins, and those two wins pushed him to the top of the Overall Championship leaderboard.

The MOD drivers were able to flex their muscles, with the average Fast Lap times improving by 0.428sec over STK.

Round #2 starts today (Aug)! Join anytime. See you on the grid.

Dusty Weasle
2014.09.02, 02:20 AM
Round #2 results with timing and scoring are up for the ISRL GP series.
http://www.mini-az.com/isrlgp2014b.html#ISRL_GP_2014b_Aug

Open to any clubs that want to race in a competitive large track series. Join anytime.

The Richard Burns Circuit proved quite challenging with its sharply twisting infield section (a nod to the Rally courses run by the late WRC champion). The long, wide straight allowed for a fast car to gain ground, but the quick direction changes demanded a good setup (or at least fresh rubber) and a precision hand at the wheel to stay ahead through the infield.

There was some close racing out there. In MOD CW you could've thrown a blanket over 2nd-5th as they all battled for 2nd on the final lap. And in the STK CCW race DJ raced his way from the B-Main to capture 2nd place!

In the MOD CCW race, Hood had me beat for 2nd by nearly a lap, all he had to do was keep it clean. Then on the final lap with only two corners to go he clipped the side, turning his nose to the wall in a dead stop. :eek: Even pushing my Porsche GT1 to the control limit, Hood still had time to back his Mosler out and make the final turns. But as we all know in racing, it ain't over 'till its over. Just as he backed up, the racing gods sent Brad flying by to clip Hood's bumper, nudging him back into the wall. Just enough for me to get by and take 2nd. Hood had me dead to rights, but I'll have to take the position just the same. Those extra 10 points move me up to 2nd in MOD Class, just 50 points behind Hood. :D

'That's a lot of 2nd's you say'? That is because Brad swept the 1st place slots in a dominant day, so congratulations to him. As mentioned before the points scale greatly rewards finishing on the podium, and though he missed Races #1-2, Brad is already moving up the leaderboard. Brad set all four fast laps to capture the maximum of +20 bonus points. He also set the initial track record of 7.406sec.

Now that we've completed the second month, the 'Position Change' column is active on the leaderboards. After eight races we now have four different winners and I hope to see more.

Round #3 starts today (Sept)! Join anytime. See you on the grid.

Dusty Weasle
2014.10.06, 12:18 AM
ISRL GP series timing and scoring results are up for Round #3 (Race #5-6).
http://www.mini-az.com/isrlgp2014b.html#ISRL_GP_2014b_Sep

Results were up on Oct 1st, but I've been fighting computer problems and forgot to put the notice up here. Sorry for the delay.

The Fireball Roberts Circuit was fast and fun with lots of high speed straights. Brad stormed away with the victories and fast laps, setting a track fast lap record of 07.987sec around the 111.1ft circuit. And as the scoring system rewards finishing up front, that has quickly moved him into 2nd place in both STK and MOD classes.

There were lots of shake ups in the standings (they are visibly noted by the green and red change arrows on the leaderboards). My car, the "Silver Moose" just didn't have the umph this time, so DJ's stronger finishes moved him into 1st in STK Class and 2nd in the Overall standings. Joe had an unusually rough day, but his grandson Destinn preformed well in STK improving his finish positions.

Well done to all our drivers, its a fun competition. Two more race days remaining in the season. There are clubs out there that wanted larger track racing, and we'd like very much to race with you in this series. Join anytime.

Hope to race with more of you in October on the Circuito Enzo Ferrari. See you on the grid.

Dusty Weasle
2014.11.02, 11:57 PM
ISRL GP series timing and scoring results are up for Round #4 (Race #7-8).
http://www.mini-az.com/isrlgp2014b.html#ISRL_GP_2014b_Oct

The Enzo Ferrari Circuit was a fun time. The STK Class standings continue to swaps around as Brad moves into the lead. Things have settled down a bit in MOD and Overall standings, but there are still plenty of close battles across the boards.

The final round of the 2014 Season begins now at the Paul Newman Circuit. (Yes, the actor. He was a dedicated racer as well, See his stats on the Results page for November).

lfisminiz
2014.11.03, 07:25 PM
Thanks for update...always good reading. :)

Dusty Weasle
2014.12.02, 12:04 AM
ISRL GP series timing and scoring results are up for final race of the season, Round #5 (Race #9-10).
http://www.mini-az.com/isrlgp2014b.html#ISRL_GP_2014b_Nov

The Paul Newman Circuit had some really close battles with several drivers finishing on the same lap, and the fastest driver was not first! (but still got bonus points). DJ swept the Fast Lap records in both classes for the Newman Circuit. There were lots of shuffles in the points standings at the end, and Hood's dominant run in STK Class moved him up two spots giving him a clean sweep in all three championship standings.

So your 2014b Champion in STK, MOD and Overall is Hood! Congratulations on a very fun and competitive season and thanks to everyone that participated. I wish other clubs had join in but we had a great time just the same.

Dusty Weasle
2014.12.02, 12:26 AM
Mini-96 Series for 2015

The ISRL Grand Prix sporting regulations for the 2015 Winter Season are posted.

Due to a location change for one of Mini-AZ's race dates we are switching the ISRL series to use the RCP 30cm track system. The space will easily fit inside a normal two car garage. Track designs are being developed right now and will be posted as soon as they are ready.

The regs are mostly the same as last season except for the track requirements. Clubs may choose to run the rough or smooth sides as they prefer. RCP “Quick” track sections may be used in place of smaller sections.

As before there are three championship titles to compete for: STK, MOD and Overall. Stock is a 70t or slower brush series, Modified is a 50t or faster brush/brushless series. Overall combines the scores from both for an overall standing. There is also a Club Championship title.

The new season starts January 1st. A number of clubs have expressed interest in running a Mini-96 series, so I hope to race with you this coming year in this new format.

See you on the grid.

Dusty Weasle
2014.12.23, 03:01 AM
(Updated with all five tracks 01/02/15)

The ISRL website is updated with the first three of five tracks for the 2015 Winter Seasons (Jan-June. Yeah, its hot by June. Just go with it). I'll bring the other tracks on line soon.

(Click on track images for printer-friendly track maps)

As mentioned in the previous post the ISRL Grand Prix will be run on the RCP 30cm track system. Mini-AZ has run some fun-run days on this setup and its surprising how many cars can manage to race together in the narrower space. It certainly demands a new level of handing!

There have been a number of clubs mentioning interest in a Mini-96 series. Tracks will fit in a 19x15ft space. All clubs are welcome to participate and we hope to race with you in 2015.

Below are the 30cm tracks, as always named for famous drivers. This time representing NASCAR, Formula 1, WRC, MotoGP and Dakar:

Petty Circuit:
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r38/DustyWeasle/Mini-AZ/Tracks/ISRL_Petty_zpsf448eccb.jpg (http://s140.photobucket.com/user/DustyWeasle/media/Mini-AZ/Tracks/ISRL_Petty_zpsf448eccb.jpg.html)

Mansell Circuit:
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r38/DustyWeasle/Mini-AZ/Tracks/ISRL_Mansell_zps0f0e3403.jpg (http://s140.photobucket.com/user/DustyWeasle/media/Mini-AZ/Tracks/ISRL_Mansell_zps0f0e3403.jpg.html)

Agostini Circuit: (Updated 06/22/15)
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r38/DustyWeasle/Mini-AZ/Tracks/ISRL_Agostini_zps6nwus1pu.jpg (http://s140.photobucket.com/user/DustyWeasle/media/Mini-AZ/Tracks/ISRL_Agostini_zps6nwus1pu.jpg.html)

Loeb Circuit:
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r38/DustyWeasle/Mini-AZ/Tracks/ISRL_Loeb_zps6f250fbc.jpg (http://s140.photobucket.com/user/DustyWeasle/media/Mini-AZ/Tracks/ISRL_Loeb_zps6f250fbc.jpg.html)

Chagin Circuit:
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r38/DustyWeasle/Mini-AZ/Tracks/ISRL_Chagin_zpsbbb463ab.jpg (http://s140.photobucket.com/user/DustyWeasle/media/Mini-AZ/Tracks/ISRL_Chagin_zpsbbb463ab.jpg.html)

Dusty Weasle
2015.01.02, 04:42 AM
The post above is updated with the finalized track list. These 30cm layouts offer wide areas for fast racing and clean passing, with some challenging narrower infield sections.

Happy New Year everyone, the 2015 season start now! :D

Dusty Weasle
2015.02.02, 01:06 AM
ISRL GP series timing and scoring results are up for the first race of the season, Round #1 (Race #1-2), and our first official races on the 30cm RCP system.
http://www.mini-az.com/isrlgp2015a.html#ISRL_GP_2015_Jan

The Petty Circuit was a fast one! We enjoyed some really close, competitive racing. In MOD race #1 (CW) the whole field finished within about 12sec of each other. And young Destinn kicked off his junior year of racing by coming within 2.417sec of scoring his first win, but 2nd will have to do for now. Unfortunately he followed that up in the CCW MOD race with a steering malfunction before completing the first lap. He took the green flag so gets points, but a very DNF finish.

Joe had a mixed day yet dominated the Fast Lap category, sweeping the bonus points for the day and owning the Track Records table, setting the fastest time in both classes and the overall best time of 04.461sec in MOD.

February visits the Mansell Circuit, which is a little more complex and has some tighter 2-wide tile sections. See you on the grid.

Dusty Weasle
2015.03.01, 07:42 PM
ISRL GP series timing and scoring results are up for Round #2 (Race #3-4).
http://www.mini-az.com/isrlgp2015a.html#ISRL_GP_2015_Feb

The Mansell Circuit was a good bit more challenging with its tighter 2-tile sections, but plenty drivable and competitive for close racing action. In the STK #4 race, 1st-3rd crossed the line within 4.071sec of each other in a thrilling last lap battle for position, and the margin of victory for 1st-2nd was 0.290sec! Fast laps for the podium finishers had a difference of only 0.144sec between them. 1st and 2nd were so closely matched their fast laps were only 0.004sec apart.

DJ had a strong day for speed, capturing three of the four Fastest Lap bonuses and sweeping the class speed records for the circuit.

March visits the Agostini Circuit which introduces the "Quick45" RCP sections. See you on the grid.

Dusty Weasle
2015.04.01, 11:31 PM
ISRL GP series timing and scoring results are up for Round #3 (Race #5-6).
http://www.mini-az.com/isrlgp2015a.html#ISRL_GP_2015_Mar

The Agostini Circuit certainly provided a different challenge with that bendy section of RCP Quick45 tiles, but it was plenty drivable. Entering it from the CCW direction proved quite difficult, demanding some precise steering to carry your speed through! The battle for track and class speed records was between DJ and Joe, but DJ managed to sweep both categories, setting the overall track record of 7.397sec. Joe missed it by 0.066sec.

We are enjoying the closest, most hard fought, fender-to-fender racing action we've ever had using this new format. Just look at the timing and scoring boards on the results page! Two of the four races for March had the top-3 fighting for position on the last lap. In STK Clockwise 2nd and 3rd were only 0.634sec apart at the checkers, barely a car length! And in MOD CCW the win was decided by a thin 1.172sec margin. In the MOD Class standings nearly everyone has scored a win. This has been a fantastic season in the ISRL. We wish more clubs would participate.

March visits the Loeb Circuit, returning to wide straights and sweeping corners with a midfield that invites some Scandinavian Flicks. See you on the grid.

Dusty Weasle
2015.05.03, 11:19 PM
ISRL GP series timing and scoring results are up for Round #4 (Race #7-8).
http://www.mini-az.com/isrlgp2015a.html#ISRL_GP_2015_Apr

The Loeb Circuit opened up the track again with more wide sections like Petty, but with some tight twists and turns in the midfield. Lots of close battles again with three different winners emerging from the four April races, and three different drivers captured the Fastest Lap +5 bonus points. Joe and DJ have continued their dominance of setting track records this season, and DJ captured the honors again over Joe by 0.103sec with a 6.423 lap in MOD.

May goes to the difficult Chagin Circuit for the final round of the ISRL GP Winter Season. Two races in each class and four total to settle the STK, MOD and Overall championship titles. Hood swept the series in 2014 and pretty much has a lock on all three titles again this year, but 2nd-4th are anyone's game. Setting the fast lap for those bonus points could make all the difference!

See you on the grid.

Dusty Weasle
2015.06.02, 12:01 AM
The final results of the ISRL GP 2015 Winter Season timing and scoring are up for Round #6 (Race #9-10):
http://www.mini-az.com/isrlgp2015a.html#ISRL_GP_2015_Apr

Track speed records and Champions are updated on the Hall of Fame page crowning our new Champion:

The Chagin Circuit... holy smokes that was hard! Easily the most difficult circuit we've ever run at Mini-AZ. This was like Monaco for Mini-Z's. You had to be truly inch-perfect lap after lap or lose time in the wall. While we had fun taking on this beast, true to its namesake the best way to race it is in a Dakar vehicle bouncing over the walls, so we'll be dropping this one from future calendars. Yowza. :eek:

Its been the ISRL's best season yet from such close racing month after month. Over the course of 10 races we saw 31 leaderboard changes, Fastest Laps beat by just 0.066sec for bonus points, wins decided by as little as 0.29sec at the line, and 8 different winners.

Now that the track falls quiet and the dust settles, your ISRL 2015 Winter Season champion, sweeping all three classes of STK, Mod and Overall, for the second year in a row is HOOD! Races didn't always go his way but he bounced back to the front for those valuable points. DJ and Joe dominated the Fast Lap times and collecting bonus points, but DJ was ultimately the speed leader setting 6 out of 10 class speed records.

Congratulations to all our drivers for running a fantastically exciting season and thanks to all those that participated!

The track list and regulations will be updated soon and posted on the ISRL website for the ISRL GP 2015 Summer Season which kicks off July 1st. We hope to see your club on the grid with us.

lfisminiz
2015.06.02, 05:58 AM
Glad to see you guys still going strong!

Dusty Weasle
2015.06.23, 12:26 AM
The ISRL Grand Prix sporting regulations for the 2015 Summer Season are posted.

The regs for the second half of the year are the same, save for a clarification of track tile substitutions and grid options. The class regs are unchanged.

As before there are three championship titles to compete for: STK, MOD and Overall. Stock is a 70t or slower brush series, Modified is a 50t or faster brush/brushless series. Overall combines the scores from both for an overall standing. There is also a Club Championship title.

The Petty, Mansell and Loeb circuits return again this season.

There are two track additions to the lineup. The Agostini Circuit has been modified to loosen up the overly difficult Quick45 chicanes into an easier flow while retaining the track's character. And the quite impossible Chagin Circuit has been replaced by the all new Kageyama Circuit, named for three time JGTC champion Masahiko Kageyama. The new layouts are pictured below (printer-friendly maps are available by clicking on the track images on the ISRL website).

Note: The Agostini Circuit uses RCP's Quick45 tiles in a way similar to slot car tracks. There is about a 1.4in overlap at one end of the chicane, but there should be sufficient track flex to connect cleanly.

The new season starts July 1st. See you on the grid.

Agostini Circuit (ver03):
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r38/DustyWeasle/Mini-AZ/Tracks/ISRL_Agostini_zpsfvcnpfhz.jpg (http://s140.photobucket.com/user/DustyWeasle/media/Mini-AZ/Tracks/ISRL_Agostini_zpsfvcnpfhz.jpg.html)

The Kageyama Circuit:
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r38/DustyWeasle/Mini-AZ/Tracks/ISRL_Kageyama_zpsksmgy9pr.png (http://s140.photobucket.com/user/DustyWeasle/media/Mini-AZ/Tracks/ISRL_Kageyama_zpsksmgy9pr.png.html)

Dusty Weasle
2015.08.23, 10:45 PM
The results of the ISRL GP 2015 Summer Season timing and scoring are up for the first race of the season, Round #1 (Race #1-2):
http://www.mini-az.com/isrlgp2015b.html#ISRL_GP_2015_Jul

They were actually posted on-time on August 1st, but between a heavy work schedule and some PC problems, I'm just now getting caught back up on posting about it. At Mini-AZ we've already run August's Mansell Circuit, but as always those results remain un-posted until Sept 1st, allowing other clubs join the series.

July returned to the wide open Petty Circuit. 3-tile wide all the way around makes for a high speed race in such a small area. About 2.7sec per lap faster than the average of the other circuits on the calendar.

Joe entered the race holding all the speed records. DJ got within 0.143sec of taking the MOD Class record, but Joe walks away still king of the track. Joe had an otherwise hit-n-miss kind of day, but by capturing 3 out of 4 of the Fast Lap bonuses was able to push his scores over the top to take the early lead in all three categories.

1st and 2nd are ties in all three championship standings with the other drivers close behind. So with four more races to go for 2015 Summer, its anyone's championship!

See you on the grid.

Dusty Weasle
2015.10.03, 09:22 PM
Apparently I forgot to post about the August (Round #2) results at the Mansell Circuit! Thought I had done it. Oops. Anyway, rest assured the results were posted at the beginning of September.
Round #2 (Race #3-4):
http://www.mini-az.com/isrlgp2015b.html#ISRL_GP_2015_Aug
Lots of shakeup in the standings breaking up the leaderboard ties from the first week.

Now to get back on schedule-
The results of the ISRL GP 2015 Summer Season timing and scoring are up for the first race of the season, Round #3 (Race #5-6):
http://www.mini-az.com/isrlgp2015b.html#ISRL_GP_2015_Sep

This was our first run on the newly redesigned Agostini Circuit. The new layout used a little less floor space, and on the day we realized we had enough track to expand it out to the usual dimensions. So since I was confident another club wasn't going to jump in... we made a last minute layout adjustment (the track map on the ISRL website shows this new version).

So we ran on the newly re-re-designed layout (Yes, if another club had jumped in on Round #3 I would have had to dump Mini-AZ's results. We took the risk). The new layout retained the Quick45 chicane complex and Agostini's characteristics while making it more drivable for 30cm tiles.

The technical sections were still quite challenging, the fast sections were a full power blast, and the whole thing was a lot of fun. In particular the chicane running in the CCW direction. The driving line nearly touches the first right side apex and arcs around to within millimeters of the left side double apex (mid-chicane). The key to the whole lap is that first apex. Get it right and you come blasting out of the chicane to carry all that speed into the 3-tile wide outer loop! Get it wrong and you're playing ping-pong. Take it cautiously and you lose 0.5sec to the bold!

DJ owned all the fast laps on the old layout. The redesigned layout is 8.8ft longer, but its faster flow allowed the old records to easily fall. DJ beat his old STK Class record by 0.597sec with a blistering 06.800sec lap. Joe beat the MOD Class record by 0.405sec, but was still a quarter second slower than STK. So DJ holds on to the track record from the Stock Class! Unfortunately DJ couldn't stay for the MOD class because that's where he really shines. What might that record have been...

Two races remain this season as drivers continue to stay in close contention and swap spots on the leardboard.

See you on the grid.

Dusty Weasle
2015.11.01, 08:59 PM
The results of the ISRL GP 2015 Summer Season timing and scoring are up for Round #4 (Race #7-8):
http://www.mini-az.com/isrlgp2015b.html#ISRL_GP_2015_Jul

October returned us to the Loeb Circuit, which brought us a big leaderboard upset and one of the tightest races this series has ever seen! STK is now tied for 1st with one race remaining.

In the STK CW race the gap from 1st to 3rd was 05.661sec. Dusty and Hood, both challenging for the championship, tied for Fast Lap out to 1/1000th of a second! Hood finished ahead of Dusty so the +5 bonus points went to Hood. STK CCW was even closer with 1st to 3rd only 00.839sec apart at the checkers and only 0.095sec between Fast Laps.

A strong finish would have cemented Dusty's championship, but two 3rd place finishes and two wins by DJ have upset the leaderboard and locked in a 3-way battle for the championship title. DJ's two wins moved him from 3rd up to a tie with Dusty for 1st and Hood close behind. With 25pts separating 1st-3rd on the leaderboard and a 20pt scoring difference between 1st and 2nd finishes, +5pts for Fast Lap, its anybody's game!

One race remains for the 2015 season at the new Kageyama circuit.

See you on the grid.

Dusty Weasle
2015.11.04, 02:16 AM
Just a quick note: We've made an adjustment to the Kageyama Circuit making it slightly larger to fill the standard space used by the other tracks. No other clubs are running, so I don't expect this will cause any problems.

The circuit image in the previous post is updated, and as always printer friendly track maps are on the ISRL website.

Dusty Weasle
2015.12.02, 01:00 AM
The final results of the ISRL GP 2015 Summer Season timing and scoring are up for Round #5 (Race #9-10):
http://www.mini-az.com/isrlgp2015b.html#ISRL_GP_2015_Nov

And our new champions crowned! Congratulations to:
Hood- Overall Champion
Hood- MOD Class Champion
Dusty- STK Class Champion

November visited the new Kageyama Circuit for the first time, and it was a fast but challenging track.

This final round began with 1st and 2nd tied in points in the STK Class, with 3rd close behind! It was an extremely close fought season from race #1 to the last lap of race #10. After the last checker flew, Hood held on to the Overall Championship by just 5 points over 2nd. 2nd and 3rd tied in points with the position going to DJ owing to his greater number of wins tipping the scales.

Thanks to everyone that participated and we look forward to racing in 2016.

=====================================

The 2016 ISRL GP sporting regs are posted:

The format is changing this time. The season will now run one per year. There are still five races but they are broken into two month groupings.
Race #1-2 Feb-Mar
Race #3-4 Apr-May
Race #5-6 Jun-Jul
Race #7-8 Aug-Sep
Race #9-10 Oct-Nov

Hopefully the broader spread of time will make this series more accessible to other clubs.

See you on the grid in 2016.