PDA

View Full Version : Mini-Z Moto Racer

ChiMiniRc
2011.12.16, 11:53 AM
I believe the text mentions a 3ch transmitter.
1/18th scale. If this thing makes a "Hang On Rider" available that leans with the bike I'm going to go nuts for it!

Blog post for any of those that can read the text and perhaps explain more.

http://www.blogtrp.fr/mini-z-moto-powaaaaa/
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk193/Greg_Zielinski/Mini-zMotorcycle.jpg
***EDIT . The pic is of the real bike (http://top-motorcycle-wallpapers.blogspot.com/2011/04/2011-yamaha-yzr-m1-motogp-pictures.html)

ChiMiniRc
2011.12.16, 12:12 PM
So this rumor video may actually have been the Kyosho Motorcycle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yA2oDq_eQNE

unearthed name
2011.12.16, 12:14 PM
Sorry my japanese is limited, but i think it'll be released on march 2012.

And also li-po battery? Hmmmmm.

ChiMiniRc
2011.12.16, 12:19 PM
Sorry my japanese is limited, but i think it'll be released on march 2012.

And also li-po battery? Hmmmmm.

So probably April for the US then. I'm a bit shocked at the level of detail.

arch2b
2011.12.16, 12:34 PM
at 1:18, is this the same as the hang on racer? if so, why brand it with mini-z?

ChiMiniRc
2011.12.16, 12:45 PM
at 1:18, is this the same as the hang on racer? if so, why brand it with mini-z?

I believe the Hang On Racer was 1:8. This thing is significantly smaller so I'm guessing that is why they went with the mini-z line.

Fovea3d
2011.12.16, 12:59 PM
The pic is of the real bike (http://top-motorcycle-wallpapers.blogspot.com/2011/04/2011-yamaha-yzr-m1-motogp-pictures.html)

arch2b
2011.12.16, 01:01 PM
ok, thanks.

it's cool and all but honestly, i'd rather pick up the buggy which can likely be run on more surfaces. i'll end up with a bike i'm sure but i doubt it would get used much if at all. bikes are such a niche market, even more so than buggies. and with pricing where it is with kyosho, it's likely going to be in the same price range as dnano/buggy.
i see lots of interest for these but i have doubts it will translate to sales. this is already the case with the buggy sadly.

ChiMiniRc
2011.12.16, 01:06 PM
The pic is of the real bike (http://top-motorcycle-wallpapers.blogspot.com/2011/04/2011-yamaha-yzr-m1-motogp-pictures.html)

Good find. I'd have to agree with you.

Then I can't wait to see what it'll really look like.

oXYnary
2011.12.16, 04:15 PM
Long ago I wished someone would make a 1/18th scale bike and lo and behold it has happened!

I'm preordering. I have a gpv-1 but its too big for inside, and too small for most outside areas.

If you have not ever driven one, it takes a few minutes to get the basic hang of it, but its just fun alone keeping it going. Motorcycles are like the Helicopters of the rc vehicles as far as skill.

imxlr8ed
2011.12.16, 04:15 PM
Big Squid in the rumor mill:

http://www.bigsquidrc.com/category/rumor/

Hmmm... onroad motorcycle or buggy... going to be a tough decision next year!

kyoshosan
2011.12.16, 11:52 PM
WOW!!! This is awesome news! So the rumors were right, it is a Mini-Z Moto! Looking forward to get more info on this :-)

imxlr8ed
2011.12.18, 12:04 AM
Love the "ehhh.... No no no no" at the end of the video. You'd think that little bike was some kind of pop star walking to a car drunk the way the guy shot blocks the camera at the end.

Only reason I doubt the authenticity is the fact that the guy has a stick controller as opposed to a KT or a Helios.

Fovea3d
2011.12.18, 12:12 AM
Love the "ehhh.... No no no no" at the end of the video. You'd think that little bike was some kind of pop star walking to a car drunk the way the guy shot blocks the camera at the end.

Only reason I doubt the authenticity is the fact that the guy has a stick controller as opposed to a KT or a Helios.

Also looks like a secret weapon from a rogue nation :cool:
In the description in japanese it is said it will need a 3 channel radio so no KT18... Also a special purpose gyro is what makes it so stable.

hrdrvr
2011.12.18, 09:16 AM
It should still be a KO radio. Doesn't look like one to me, but I'm not to up on stick radios. I can't wait to hear Kyosho release some information. I hope I can run it with my EX1, or else, it may be out of the question for me, and some of my fellow racers.

boohoo
2011.12.19, 02:29 PM
i heard it was going tobe the same size as a dnano or there abouts and that was from the kyosho uk guy and theers a rumour of a dnano kart at next years nuremberg toy fair

Fovea3d
2011.12.27, 03:01 PM
Here are the first pictures

http://www.nanospeeders.com/photos/motoracer/01.jpg
http://www.nanospeeders.com/photos/motoracer/02.jpg
http://www.nanospeeders.com/photos/motoracer/03.jpg

source (http://www.srcc-devils.de/aktionen/mini-z-motoracer-1-18-ca-maerz-2012-noch-ohne-preisangabe/a-5527/?plentyID=9add8097000092b7a1d7c74301872adc)

B-main
2011.12.27, 03:11 PM
specs in english

Scale: 1 / 18; Length: 118mm (depending on the caster angle), width: 41mm, height: 73mm; Wheelbase: 85mm (depending on the caster angle) Weight: 85g; Motor: Coreless, E-Gyro-Motor: Brushless 7.000KV; Wheel diameter: V/32, H/35 7mm, 2mm; wheel width: V / 7.1 mm H11, 3mm; Sender: KT-19

RC functions Gas brake, steering

Description
. You let the wind blow around the ears and enjoy the ride on two wheels. . For now, the action really begins. Mini-Z Moto Racer. Mini-Z Racing Experience a new generation to discover new possibilities with the Mini-Z Racer Moto.
With the motor racer KYOSHO provides a model of the first Mini-Z series with two wheels instead of four, and despite lower number of wheels increases the fascination that this category entails.
The detailed trim and attractive overall appearance to give the bike showcases the charm of a model, but far from it ...!
Equipped with an e-gyro system in the rear is the model even when driving extremely slow speeds, stable and overturns not so easy.. Thus, even beginners can easily rotate after a few minutes and enjoy your first few laps, the dynamics of the model. Die The sensitivity setting of the gyro electronics can be comfortable at the new 2.4 GHz FHSS KT-19 remote control are made. . This makes it even easier to adjust the level of intervention by the electronics of their own driving skills. And if it does once the "fall" is, can be absorbed through the crash bar fitting designed to run without manual intervention again.
! But cruising is not all! . For as the name implies, the bike is a racer on the track and feels equally at home as in your living room. . So the bike on the track to the limit can be placed on the chassis has fully adjustable suspension points. Thus, the suspension on the front and rear adjustable and also the ground clearance can be adjusted. Similarly, the delay can be set on the front wheel to the steering characteristics of the motorcycle to change and adapt to circumstances.

! And more technology is in this model! Damit der Betrieb besonders komfortabel ist kann der . In order for the operation is very comfortable, the power battery to be recharged directly on the remote control. . Optionally, provided with a USB wall charger for drive battery can be connected to a port on your existing computer. When you load on your PC can even drive two batteries are charged simultaneously, which leads to even more extensive driving pleasure, because the load times are significantly reduced.

Features Features
• • MC-01 Mini-Z Racer Moto-wheel drive with kreiselunterstütztem
• • Motherboard with innovative 2.4GHz wireless technology
• High-resolution digital steering servo with coreless motor
• • Operation is no conventional quartz
• • Infinitely adjustable E-gyro stabilization system for driving
• • Full ball bearing drivetrain
• Charger connector on the remote control
• • Painted bike is with all the decorations (Fine Hand Polish)
• • Sophisticated front axle with a lot of mechanical grip
• • Infinitely adjustable ground clearance
• • Adjustable caster angle adjustment for the steering behavior
• • Up to 40 bikes can be operated simultaneously
• • high-grip racing tires
• • Drive chassis with pre-constructed 3-Channel 2.4GHz FHSS KT-19 Remote Control
• LiPo charger with USB connection for power battery
• • Perfect look through detailed body

Erforderliches Zubehör Required Accessories
• 4 St. Team Orion AAA 1100mAh RT Akkus, Best.-Nr. • 4 pcs 1100mAh RT AAA Team Orion batteries, Order No. ORI13201 (Sender) ORI13201 (transmitter)
• Ladegerät EZ Pro-Am Digital 12/230V, Best.-Nr. • EZ Charger Pro-Am Digital 12/230V, No. ORI30402 ORI30402

Zielgruppe Target group
Einsteiger, Fortgeschrittene & Profis Beginners, advanced & professional

LED
2011.12.27, 03:46 PM
I would like to know if these will be available without transmitter and if the work with and EX-5UR ASF or any other 3 channel transmitter.

B-main
2011.12.27, 04:10 PM
I would like to know if these will be available without transmitter and if the work with and EX-5UR ASF or any other 3 channel transmitter.

maybe with a fhss module.

arch2b
2011.12.27, 04:13 PM
if it's the same 2.4 asf as the mini-z which it seems to be with the kt-18, then the 5ur would work. basically, anything that supports tiki tiki would work if i understand how tiki tiki works correctly.

B-main
2011.12.27, 04:21 PM
if it's the same 2.4 asf as the mini-z which it seems to be with the kt-18, then the 5ur would work. basically, anything that supports tiki tiki would work if i understand how tiki tiki works correctly.

asf and fhss are diffrent

arch2b
2011.12.27, 04:25 PM
ahh, i see that in the description. that will certainly make things a bit more complicated adding another system to the mix. i still question why call it mini-z moto? especially if it doesn't share the 2.4 asf? scale alone doesn't seem like a good enough excuse given that they are using it for various scales now.

cdog4w
2011.12.27, 04:33 PM
Is the 3rd channel necessary? Or just to operate tiki tiki like in the buggy and models that support it?

New radio is uglier than the old kt18 :| I'll also be pretty pissed if my asf module won't work on it, a bit of a deal breaker unless it really is that awesome. Also a shame they didn't use the dnano batteries, but I'm guessing it's due to excess weight from the huge plastic case being too high up?

imxlr8ed
2011.12.27, 06:05 PM
And it begins... PN tires, ball bearings, adjustable shocks, lexan bodies, swingarm extensions, chrome frames, streetfighter light kits, lightweight foam riders. So much for saving any money next year!

Can't wait to build a little cafe racer. Wouldn't be surprised to even see an old Harley out on the track in a year or two with a little foamed hippie behind the bars.:rolleyes:

B-main
2011.12.27, 06:28 PM
And it begins... PN tires, ball bearings, adjustable shocks, lexan bodies, swingarm extensions, chrome frames, streetfighter light kits, lightweight foam riders. So much for saving any money next year!

Can't wait to build a little cafe racer. Wouldn't be surprised to even see an old Harley out on the track in a year or two with a little foamed hippie behind the bars.:rolleyes:

You forgot the reflex oil forks and delron gears

NoBrainer
2011.12.27, 07:12 PM
oh... brushless...
Now I know what MR-04 would contain....

mugler
2011.12.27, 08:24 PM
oh... brushless...

wow, finally Brushless, on a Z product, super!!!!!
not only that but also the only brushless & lipo combo...finally fully updated electronics:)

Now I know what MR-04 would contain....

I would certainly hope so, brushed motors are yesteryears news and encourage cheating in stock classes :( time to move on.

regarding FHSS sounds as if out of all KO transmitters only Eurus will be able to run this bike since the only one currently with an FHSS module option for full size, hope ko considers FHSS for others too in case tx's can run them...ton of Helios & Ex's out there very recently purchased!:mad:

This bike rocks, wouldn't be surprised if it really takes off.
right now the smallest readily available racing grade class is 1/8 scale and on most 10th scale tracks it feels too large & too challenging to keep on all 2's for any extended time for the average driver. assuming zmoto performs with egyro should solve both above mentioned issues. good stuff!

unearthed name
2011.12.27, 09:15 PM
Buggy or motor, buggy or motor. Damn you kyoshooooo

mugler
2011.12.27, 09:45 PM
Buggy or motor, buggy or motor. Damn you kyoshooooo

We know how that goes eventually :mad:, Buggy & Motor & New F1 parts (body etc)....ouch, it's going to be an expensive year!! :rolleyes::eek:

B-main
2011.12.27, 10:15 PM
The tx in the video is futaba

Draconious
2011.12.27, 10:44 PM
Brushless?

Hmm... I was not going to come back to Mini-Z until they went brushless. My guess it is only a matter of time before there are Brushless Z Readysets... if not, it shouldnt be too hard to convert the electronics over.

If they get a Harley Davidson license, and sell a few Harley style bikes... they will sell like crazy in the USA.

imxlr8ed
2011.12.27, 11:51 PM
I figured if it was a bike it would have to be brushless, and I also agree that this would have to be the next step for anything they would attempt in the future for the four wheeled lineup. Now... bigger question would be... will it be a brushless system that can be retrofitted into say, an MR02 chassis?... fitted into a buggy? I hope Kyosho takes that into account when they finally take that next big step.

Kinda bummed I can't use a Helios with this little 2 wheeler... but there's always someone on here willing to hack the gear to try and get something to work outside of it's original design intent.

One more thought... I feel these bikes will redefine the term "clean racing". It seems like it's going to be a real challenge to navigate these in traffic.

Will the rules allow the riders to be glued on or do we keep it scale authentic and make the marshalls pick the bodies up off the track and try to get them back on the bikes before getting them going again? :D

hrdrvr
2011.12.28, 09:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiz3Cq2HVPE&feature=player_embedded

Stolen from a Russian web blog (Zino Russia, I believe):
http://www.mini-z.ru/mini-z_mc-01/

arch2b
2011.12.28, 10:05 AM
nice video. it looks very simple to control and runs smoothly at slow speeds.

hrdrvr
2011.12.28, 10:48 AM
Just to confirm, I went back and checked my f******k page. The blog is from Zino Russia.

Looks awesome. I can't wait.

Pierro
2011.12.28, 03:41 PM
Hi guys!

Indeed this little moto looks pretty nice. But for me, and if you read carefully, the motor will be a coreless.

The brushless will be for the e-gyro. That's what we hear in the video. Basically, the e-gyro is a kind of wheighted wheel spinning inside the rear wheel. This means that even at low speed, the moto will have enough gyroscopic effect (what make a bike or bicycle able to keep straight when moving) to stay on its wheel. Just what we see in the video.
That's indeed pretty cool cause on our thight track, I can surely imagine the work for the marshall if they need to launch back every moto running a little too slow after a turn.

The part I'm really scared about will be the radio compatibility. If I had to buy a eurus to use this little boy I'm afraid I simply won't buy it. My EX-1 UR is the radio I use for all my cars and I don't want to buy another high-end radio just for this bike.

Q t
2011.12.28, 04:11 PM
will this be able to go in reverse? iv never tried an r/c moto so idk if they even go in reverse to begin with.

arch2b
2011.12.28, 04:41 PM
i'm afraid i'm with pierro, not getting another radio just for this bike. as cool as it is, not worth the the added cost/frustration for me.

if it's anything like the buggy, sales will be disappointing as well. there is a lot of online love for them but this has not translated to sales which is disappointing. i'm inclined to believe the bike will be no different, or worse if on a separate 2.4 system.

kryten
2011.12.28, 04:46 PM
will this be able to go in reverse? iv never tried an r/c moto so idk if they even go in reverse to begin with.

No they dont. It's forward and brake only.

Rune
2011.12.28, 04:48 PM
if it's anything like the buggy, sales will be disappointing as well. there is a lot of online love for them but this has not translated to sales which is disappointing. i'm inclined to believe the bike will be no different, or worse if on a separate 2.4 system.

I know its off topic, but are the buggy sales really that slow?
Just got back from the track, and we have so much fun racing these buggy's. 5 cars on track tonight. Hard to imagine them not to be a hit.

arch2b
2011.12.28, 05:18 PM
yes, sales have been very slow. by the time kusa got their order, there were significantly more available than thought and we attribute this to stores cutting back orders after pre-order sales fell flat. i'm not saying all stores didn't sell through them, the CA scene around PN is not reflective of the market as a whole. i'm sure they managed to sell through a fair number given their location, facility, density of drivers, proximity to kusa, etc. my local hobby shop decided not to even carry them. they have a few mini-z but in general, hobby shops don't even carry mini-z. if we didn't race there, i know for a fact they wouldn't carry mini-z.

sorry for continued off topic.

back to moto... anyone see leaks of unpainted shells? seeing everyone with the same model is a little blah.

imxlr8ed
2011.12.28, 05:36 PM
i'm afraid i'm with pierro, not getting another radio just for this bike. as cool as it is, not worth the the added cost/frustration for me.

You feeling ok? :( That has got to be the most bummed out post you've ever put on here.

I too think it's kinda lame to go tossing away a bunch of Kyosho fans who already have the Helios... but the bike is pretty inspiring to me if only because there is nothing else like it out there.

The brushless is for the gyro?... I would've thought the coreless was running it. (weird)

Let's hope it doesn't go the way of the Lit, as I'm sure some might even say... let's hope it doesn't go the way of the DNano. Some may even include the MA010 or the F1 in that little group of disappearing small scalers. They are all great ideas but it for me it seems smarter to invest in what the majority are running, especially when money is as tight as it is now.

I say that the plain ol' Mini-Z Racer is akin to the porridge Goldilocks chose. Not too big, not too small, controllable speed envelope, right tunability.

If I can't convince my limited crew to run bikes, I'll probably be running buggies with them this year. No fun to be the only one on the track.

One other attraction for me to the bike would be that it should have no problem running outside on smooth concrete/macadam, would be fun to throw some cones out on a tennis court in the summertime.

arch2b
2011.12.28, 06:37 PM
yeah, post xmas blues i guess:p i just know that as cool as it seems, and as much hype as it may get in a few threads here, doesn't mean it will sell well. and if it doesn't sell well, that doesn't bode well for it's longevity. i bought into lit and dnano out of my own self interest and to a lesser degree for kyosho, can't afford to keep jumping into the shallow pool with a yellow tinge:rolleyes:

NoBrainer
2011.12.28, 06:54 PM
7000kv coreless brushless motor

This is not the gyro.

bulldog0407
2011.12.28, 09:29 PM
Here is the latest update.

http://kyoshosan.blogspot.com/2011/12/mini-z-motoracer-mc-01-specs.html

cdog4w
2011.12.29, 02:48 PM
So it looks like 3rd channel is gyro "gain".

Being FHSS or not won't matter for being supported by helios or older radios, that's all handled by the module. What will matter is having a variable 3rd channel vs. an on/off 3rd channel (as most pistol radios are).

I haven't used it on my radio (EX-1 UR) but it looks like it should be capable. Rock crawler guys might be of more help since they make more extensive use of 3rd/4th channels :)

Still not entirely clear if this breaks compatibility with ASF modules, but it looks like it will? Poor choice if so.

arch2b
2011.12.29, 03:15 PM
moved economics discussion to a new thread (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37496), please continue that discussion there. :D

hrdrvr
2011.12.29, 06:52 PM
It's on the Kyosho America site now.

http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Mini-Z-Moto-Racer-_p_10603.html

bobbyz
2011.12.30, 02:42 PM
ko propo does have two newer FHSS modules on their site, but it's still not clear if these (RF-903FH and RF-904FH) modules will work with the receiver in this new moto-cycle. Does anyone know if Ko Propo is doing the PCB on this model like previous mini-z cars??

oXYnary
2012.01.01, 06:47 PM
If Kyosho can somehow get a better price point in the US, they could have a seller here.

Why? As mentioned, 1/8th scale bikes have issues on most surfaces except smooth concrete or new pavement. I still like them, and hope to maybe have a class one day, but 1/5th (take 1/10th electronics) bikes can handle the tracks better. Both though need a large turning radius that can only be found on the larger 1/10th-1/8th permanent outdoor tracks. I have attempted to use the Venom GPV-1 on my 1/10th local carpet track, and it just cant get around the sharp turns easily. Now, take into account people running other cars that I have to take a completely different line from them = horror. It needs more rolling turns

This scale would be perfect, and the gyro will help with those more sharp turns. As shown in the video, can be run on smooth asphalt to RCP as well. I could run it more places.

Example of 1/5th scale bike racing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM27fujbiXs&feature=related

Also, I don't think will be offering a radio free version beyond being fhss and three channel for those wanting to use other transmitters. That transmitter also can charge the car.

unearthed name
2012.01.01, 07:08 PM
Heeeeey, i just notice they have indonesian yamaha slogan on the bike (selalu di depan) nice touch kyosho.

Q t
2012.01.01, 11:07 PM
does anybody know if the person on the bike moves when it turns? like will it lean?

ub0211042
2012.01.02, 03:57 AM
Heeeeey, i just notice they have indonesian yamaha slogan on the bike (selalu di depan) nice touch kyosho.

Malay language "semakin di depan" means getting closer ahead...and Petronas is a Malaysian oil company.

ub0211042
2012.01.02, 03:59 AM
does anybody know if the person on the bike moves when it turns? like will it lean?

i think it not a HOR type bike, there's a servo to turn the front wheel...but correct me if im wrong

unearthed name
2012.01.02, 07:06 AM
Malay language "semakin di depan" means getting closer ahead...and Petronas is a Malaysian oil company.

It's yamaha motor indonesia slogan, not petronas.

ub0211042
2012.01.02, 08:37 PM
It's yamaha motor indonesia slogan, not petronas.

oh ok..my bad :D

Knightrider1978
2012.01.10, 09:17 PM
One of the pre-production bikes was on loan to my local hobbyshop in Singapore over the weekend. Suffice to say it was a real challenge to drive

It's a real beauty of a machine and we hear the paintwork etc will be even better on the production bikes

Pictures of the bike.

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/409266_2933887757287_1563862243_32885296_159474247 7_n.jpg

The controller comes with 2 knobs to set the speed of the E gyro (flywheel in the rear wheel). The gyro spins independently of the rear wheel and tire.

One knob control the speed of the gyro on trottle, the other knob controls the speed off trottle. Driving for the first time, the manual recomends to set both knobs all the way to the right (max speed) and therefore max stability (self righting effect).

I guess the transmitter must have some built in functionality to vary the gyro speed with the trottle position so I am not sure if it is replaceable with another transmitter.

The bike handles sweepers well enough but tigher 180 corners were very challenging (balance between the bike toppling over due to too much lean angle and the front of the bike washing out).

I did ask but did not recieve an answer about indicative price.
Cheers

referjohn
2012.01.10, 09:29 PM
I was in so cal. for A1 on sat. sun. me and friend went to R241. brought our AM F1 cars. Got to get some time with this machine. friend and I were giving
two pre production test bikes to try out, two battery packs in and a real big
space and you get it.

2 Yamahas then next release will be 2 ducatis, and a later release of 2 hondas..

gyro will not allow this bike to work with the ex 5

imxlr8ed
2012.01.10, 11:51 PM
I see a red 1098 in my future! Guess the Streetfighter isn't possible. Might be hard to pull off a naked bike at this scale.

Knightrider1978
2012.01.11, 04:54 AM
I guess the Ducatis are the Moto GP machine versions, and the Hondas were in Repsol colors?

Being a MotoGP fan, I should be getting the Ducati, preferably the #46 bike :)
Cheers

I was in so cal. for A1 on sat. sun. me and friend went to R241. brought our AM F1 cars. Got to get some time with this machine. friend and I were giving
two pre production test bikes to try out, two battery packs in and a real big
space and you get it.

2 Yamahas then next release will be 2 ducatis, and a later release of 2 hondas..

gyro will not allow this bike to work with the ex 5

machgo5go
2012.01.11, 05:43 AM
Can't believe a new advance product but stuck with a cheapo KT-19.:(
I guess is all marketing.

cdog4w
2012.01.11, 01:33 PM
Shame, they could have done the mixing on the bike :| Though I guess you wouldn't have 2 discrete values for on/off, but I'd think a proper mix could work [even better] with a single 3rd channel using a module and eurus/helios/ex-1ur.

Do the existing and larger scale rc bikes have flywheels like this? If so, how did they handle mixing the gyro speed?

ChiMiniRc
2012.01.13, 11:52 PM
It looks like these will be priced similar to the MR-02ex Readyset. Not bad considering they are including the lipo battery and charger. Seems like they are in the price range of an advanced micro heli like the Blade mSR X (Also a multi gyro device and just seemed to pop into my head)

http://rcvulture.com/shop/product.php?id_product=5808

http://www.the-border.com/Kyosho-Pre-Order.html

danieluki
2012.01.14, 08:32 AM
I dont like much this Kyosho's model..... looks cheap.
Did anyone know the Silverlit 1/12 bikes...?
I think is a very fun and realistic model with active driver kneedrags , people mod them brushless , direct steering...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jcsz_omJYCg&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkvsuVgQHe8

http://images.hobbytron.com/ZX-83612-lg.jpg

http://images.imagehotel.net/37sgfxopz1.jpg

http://images.imagehotel.net/ejm5aodd46.jpg

oXYnary
2012.01.17, 03:35 PM
I think this is the radio you will need for the FHSS.

http://www.redrc.net/2012/01/ko-propo-ex-1-k-i-y-transmitter/

oXYnary
2012.01.18, 07:59 PM
So, if no one caught it, KO isn't part of this project. So the above radio will not work.

However, I'm wondering what company WAS part of this project? Anyone have information on this? Or was this totally internal Kyosho? I highly doubt it with the electronics needed like the gyro, fhss, and brushless.

Fovea3d
2012.01.18, 08:05 PM
I don't know if someone posted this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWjFds4VY6I&feature=player_embedded), or this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HCARoLcfPg&NR=1&feature=endscreen)

kyoshosan
2012.01.22, 08:41 PM
Of all videos I've seen so far, it looks like the Mini-Z MotoRacer runs best on smooth surfaces. it allows the bike to "drift", which i find so nice! Videos of it running on RCP and Carpet Tracks are not so fun. it kinds struggle to turn on those tight curves of Mini-Z tracks. I assume it will require wider track to run nicely...

benmlee
2012.01.23, 03:04 PM
This motorcycle is pretty impressive. From the video, looks like the Silverlit is more realistic with the moving driver,but this moto racer handles better. Think the main reason it handles so well is the flywheel. At the end of one of the video, the flywheel was spinning fast enough that motorcycle stayed upright for a while even when is fully stopped.
I am hoping Kyosho makes an off road version of this. That would be fun.

r46
2012.02.06, 07:36 PM
Has spot waiting in my 2 wheel collection :p

http://youtu.be/If-XiD7e5yw

Mrs Mini-Z
2012.04.03, 07:16 AM
Just wanted to let all you fans know that we have the Moto Racer (http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?productid=21979&cat=0&page=1&featured) available for pre-sale in the shop (http://shop.tinyrc.com/). Kyosho tells us they should arrive in about three weeks, so we'll have them just after that. :cool:

agisham
2012.04.03, 04:28 PM
What all hopups do you think they will make for this? I was wondering about motors. From what ive seen it is quite small.

oXYnary
2012.04.03, 05:51 PM
Well the support page for it isn't up at Kyosho yet, so no clue whats going to be available. It does use a coreless motor though, so might be a bit difficult to find a replacement. Maybe Atomic will fill that gap.

EDIT:

I know what I would like to see.

-Bigger MAH battery
-Oil if not grease front fork and rear shock.
-Light kit! This would be bad ass to drive in the dark.

kryten
2012.04.03, 06:40 PM
Uk are being shipped to dealers tomorrow,but its a bank holiday weekend so could be tuesday before they are available.

agisham
2012.04.10, 09:57 AM
Any updates on the motorcycle? : /

kryten
2012.04.10, 02:55 PM
We got ours today :) (UK)

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e109/sendapics/shop/IMG_0566.jpg

oXYnary
2012.04.10, 04:41 PM
I DEMAND VIDEOS KRYTEN!

_Rimmer

kryten
2012.04.10, 07:12 PM
Its going to be sunday before we can run them properly :( Will do vids tho.

oXYnary
2012.04.14, 05:28 PM
They finally have the support page up.

http://www.kyosho.com/eng/support/instructionmanual/mini-z/miniz_moto.html

Weird, under the option parts pdf, they are only showing the spares.

It looks like it will be easy enough to add grease to the front fork to give a little dampening, but the rear spring has no tube to attempt.

Surprised though on some of the things it has. Didn't expect the front fork to have a bearing support. You can adjust the rake, and limit the rear suspension height.

kryten
2012.04.16, 10:23 AM
Here's the video from the weekend,what a laugh these bikes are. Drifting them on hardwood is very easy too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0hbMNZ7KDI

marc
2012.04.16, 11:26 AM
I never thought you could drift an RC motorcycle.

kryten
2012.04.16, 01:09 PM
You can with these,on power and off :)

doug01n
2012.04.27, 01:08 PM
2 of theese little babes are coming to Brazil... We will try to install the trackmate transponder on them... and do a video with 2 racing in the same track. Let's hope that the mail helps us!!!

ChiMiniRc
2012.04.27, 11:53 PM
Kyosho America confirmed they shipped from their warehouse today. Expect to see them next week. If you are in the Orland Park, IL area, once we receive our bikes, stop by the HobbyTown USA to try out a demo bike on the store's track!

imxlr8ed
2012.04.28, 12:06 AM
Are those cereal bowls? I was wondering what that kerplink sound was!:D

Those are going to be awesome on hot tennis courts in the Summer!

kryten
2012.04.28, 06:32 AM
They are saucers :)
I'm quite stunned that we actually got these before anyone else it seems.

littleleon
2012.04.29, 03:34 AM
We've been waiting a while for this. My son is pretty happy it's finally arrived.
One thing though, you need a lot of space to run it.

http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg536/boof76/IMGP0494.jpg

mikedw
2012.04.30, 06:11 PM
I received mine today. I have mixed feelings about it. It looks great and will probably look great for a long time sitting on my desk. The transmitter looks awful, it's ugly and doesn't feel good in my large hand, it would have been better for my big mitt if there wasn't the bottom stand and it was more like the KT-18. Limited adjust-ability as well, trim for centering front wheel and gyro adjustment only, no end points, throttle or braking adjustments.
It's fine going around in circles on my hardwood floor, that's big circles. Drifting a motorcycle is fun for two minutes than I've had enough, I'm not a drifter. Let's get it on the track.
I have a 20'x20' DIY track that I made a really simple layout on with 3' lanes and big sweeping corners. It doesn't really handle well with traction (you have to drift it around corners) and my DIY track has a lot less traction than RCP.
Throttle and steering control are key and I spent more time picking it up then I'd of liked too. My home track is too small so, I'm not going to bother with transponder installation, my lap times were horrible. :)
I'll have it on our carpet track Wednesday, we run BRP, MRS4 and M18s on it normally so it's a fair size. When the rain stops, I'll give it a go on my driveway.
This isn't my first motorcycle, I have a Venom bike and it makes a novelty appearance once a year in a parking lot. At this point, I'll add this to the novelty shelf as well.
Cheers

mikedw
2012.05.01, 12:46 PM
Day two and driveway test. My driveway is in good shape and very smooth. I had an area of about 40'x40' and dropped down half a dozen cones into a simple layout.
As much as I'm saddened that my Z track is too small for the Moto, my driveway was great. I was able to turn the gyros way down and actually get quite good handling, no drifting needed to corner. The added space and lack of walls also let me apply throttle and flick steering to get the bike back up on its wheels.
I even managed to land 1.5" of air from running over a small twig from a nearby tree. :)
With the right amount of space, it is quite fun. It drives very similar to my Venom bike, it just won't wheelie.... yet.

60'x40' carpet track run tomorrow.
Cheers

machgo5go
2012.05.02, 06:47 AM
Sad to say if it can not run on RCP track in close racing like the cars,
then it is just not competitive for the market.:(

kryten
2012.05.02, 07:43 AM
Rossi version anyone?

http://kyoshosan.blogspot.co.uk/

imxlr8ed
2012.05.02, 10:51 AM
Ducati... too beautiful... must resist!!! :D

oXYnary
2012.05.02, 07:07 PM
Is it me or is that a combo photoshop from real version and model?

d1nzfe
2012.05.03, 04:18 AM
look, there is no gyro in the rear wheel.. not actual model somehow,highly a scaled model:cool:

mikedw
2012.05.03, 09:49 AM
I believe the Ducati is the real thing, no metal support bars coming from the side, driver has his head turned, radiator, etc.

I tried to run it last night on a carpet track with 20 years of traction compound build up. It again needs a layout made to accommodate it with easy turns. The traction was better than my driveway which made for the need for even more precise movements. There is a bit of a learning curve to driving these bikes.

I think because I wore down the plastic ends of the support bars while driving on pavement, that the rough plastic was grabbing the carpet and causing spin outs.

My conclusion is that you just aren't going to drop this down on your average Mini 96 track and start racing. A club with tons of space and endless amounts of track could make a go of it, although it would be a marshalling nightmare. I have no doubt that an ingenious member here will mod them to make them more track worthy and who knows what the aftermarket parts guys will come up with. Maybe training wheels. :)

I believe Kyosho may sell a lot of these. The detail is great and collectors will probably jump right on board. Unlike the Mini Z, slippery household floors are the easiest place to drive the little bikes and that could allow the average person to have quite a bit of fun if drifting is cool with them. It also is very good outside on the right surface, another place I wouldn't take a Z.

I put the tx in the hands of 6 guys with years of RC experience and they all said, "wow it looks great, very cool, neat" but, none of them liked driving it enough to buy one. My wife called it "cute". I'll put it on the shelf, it's just not a Mini Z racer.
Cheers

ub0211042
2012.05.03, 12:34 PM
any luck pairing this bike with any KO modules so far? It stated FHSS 2.4G on the back of the box...

Fovea3d
2012.05.03, 12:35 PM
Thank you Mike for your review. I was going to order mine after seing it doing not so bad on a mini96 > this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uzvq9vwdyUhttp://) but now I have mixed feelings. Maybe the one on the vid was modified to steer tight.

mikedw
2012.05.03, 01:15 PM
I wouldn't think it would pair with a KO module. Kyosho site has this disclaimer: *ASF 2.4GHz transmitter for MINI-Z cannot be used

I wouldn't see the point except for comfort and preference. There are only 3 adjustments and 3 knobs, gyro high, gyro low and centre front wheel.

The driver in the video is very good in my opinion. We need that driver to come on here and tell all, :). I don't have RCP but, I couldn't get around like that on any surface I tried. I'm not too bad with my bigger bike so, it can't be just my bad driving... maybe it is my bad driving.
I seem to be able to get around the same as the videos of them drifting on hardwood. I can run the battery down without a wipe out.
Maybe the clear ball on the end of the support bars is optimal on RCP allowing you to actually pivot on it????? If my experiences were like that video, I might have been too giddy to type anything and probably still running right now, lol.

Don't take my comments as bad, it is very fun in the right spot. I'm just not going to add it to the race rotation on Sundays with my buddies.

ub0211042
2012.05.03, 01:22 PM
What i mean is other KO modules besides miniz asf ones :)

mikedw
2012.05.03, 01:34 PM
Sorry, only have Mini Z module. I use Spektrum in everything else.

It seems I'm going to get a chance to run this on a massive concrete floor in a clean warehouse. Should be fun.

oXYnary
2012.05.03, 06:37 PM
KO already piped in and said this is not made by them and uses a different 2.4 FHSS setup incompatible. It does raise the question to me that was this a in house design or another third party company? If so, who?

Mike, driving a bike is not like driving a car. Which you may realize, but I don't think many do. It takes a much more smooth driving style. You have to lean the bike in the corner with the steering then use the throttle to adjust the angle. Driving a bike is the land equivalent of flying a Heli. Its many times the experience itself of just driving it consistently that can be satisfying.

As for racing, Mike is right. You really need bigger tracks than most RCP. 1/18th size would be perfect.

mikedw
2012.05.03, 10:26 PM
I couldn't agree more.

After you lean it over and adjust the throttle to get through the corner you have to stand it back up too. It doesn't return to centre like a car does if you let go of the wheel.

The bike is 1/18th scale and multiple bikes could be run together on an appropriate sized layout. The carpet track I was on had plenty of room for other bikes.

Watch your battery doors, mine popped off a few times.

I was told by an avid heli guy; before the days of micros and co-axials; that flying a heli was like balancing a ball bearing on a sheet of plate glass.
Cheers

marc
2012.05.04, 11:09 AM
What scale would this bike be? And could you mod any plastic model kit's to make a custom bike? I'd love to see a replica of the Honda Repsol Racing motorcycle.
My brother has the real Honda Repsol replica and it would be cool to have an RC version of it of this caliber.

kryten
2012.05.04, 12:25 PM
What you have to take into account is you need the gyro on it's lowest setting to get around a mini 96,with the gyro on full power,it does not want to turn.
I do think it could use a stronger steering link,the stock one feels like a piece of AM aerial.

The main thing to get your head around is not steering like a car. You steer to tip the bike into the turn,then let go of the steering to take the corner,using throttle and minimal counter steer to get through the turn. Then power or more aggressive counter steer will pick the bike back up again.

@Marc,it's 1/18 and Maisto do a huge range of 1/18 model bikes.

marc
2012.05.04, 02:31 PM
Thanks Kryten!

hrdrvr
2012.05.04, 04:00 PM
After seeing the few videos of these bikes running on RCP I opted to get a few for our race group. I received them yesterday, and after 24 hours of learning how to drive again, I am having very much fun with this little RC!

I will say that the learning curve has been a steep one for me. I didn't expect to just run mine around the track first try, but I didn't think I was going to have to re-learn how to actually drive. It was a challenge for me just to keep the bike upright and headed in the direction I wanted to yesterday. Today, I am actually following a cone course and cornering the bike at varying speeds. After 4 packs today, I am already seeing myself tightening up my lines, and carrying more speed through the corners.

My initial list of cons:
- The battery door will not stay on for me. I have to go around and locate it after pretty much every run, as it doesn't hardly ever make it back to the pits with the bike.

This will be less and less of a problem as I keep from running it into things, as it does take a slight impact to remove it.

- The side bars are a little long, or low, IMO. They tend to drag pretty bad, which isn't a problem on a perfectly smooth surface, but on my tile floor they tend to catch in the grout lines. They also have too much grip, and spin me out on the RCP.

Ive been toying with the height and angle of them, but I am having trouble getting it balanced where they are long enough to get the bike restarted, but high enough to keep from dragging. Something that rolled along the track better than the balls would be awesome! The balls are especially bad since I tested this bike out on concrete. It handles the bumps very well, but the concrete scuffed the balls, and they drag even worse now.

- The battery life isn't that good, but I knew that coming in. It is a small LiPo and cant be expected to run for hours.

Things I like about the bike:
- Charging is very easy and fast via a PC USB port. It's a little slower but highly convenient to be able to plug the charger right into the TX.

- The bike handles different surfaces very easily.

- Its very fast for its size out of the box.

- The quality and detail are of the standard I expect from Kyosho.

- Honestly (and Ill prolly catch flack for this) I think they are priced very well. Compared to some of big Ks other novelty vehicles, this is the most cost proficient one Ive seen. The amount of technology and quality in this machine screams for a high price, but IMO, Kyosho stayed in a good range to make sales, and provide a good product for a fair price.

I will be further testing this bike over the next few days, and will likely log quite a bit of time with it. Ill keep posting my findings if any one is interested.

doug01n
2012.05.05, 08:44 AM
Can someone measure the size in mm of the battery?
I'm already having ideas for getting extra after market batteries for it.

A closer pic of the plug would be awesome too... :)

reaper
2012.05.05, 12:44 PM
Im using 130mah kyosho minium batterys just pull the black plastic bit off and the fit perfectly
And at 2.00gbp delivered you carnt beat them

doug01n
2012.05.05, 01:51 PM
Is it bigger than 39mm x 12mm x 7mm?

reaper
2012.05.05, 02:52 PM
not sure but it fits mine .....same plug and everything
Its made for the kyosho minium aeroplane
Here ther are on ebay and as said the black bit just pulls off
http://www.*******o.uk/itm/260964567408?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

doug01n
2012.05.05, 03:04 PM
I just ordered 6 of this:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/catalog/N130-1S-25(1).jpg

Hope it fits! It's a 25-40C Lipo pack, that can be charged at 10C (1.3A current), or 6 minutes charge. U$1.33 each... and a cable that charges 6 of them at the same time with a lipo charger.

rkk
2012.05.07, 06:22 PM
Mine came today but it doesn't sound like the gyro works. Those of you that have them, what should I hear after the ESC initializes? I expected to hear the gyro spin up. Instead it sounds like it is trying to for about 3 seconds but there is drag/resistance that keeps it from getting up to speed. Thoughts?

rkk
2012.05.08, 08:39 PM
After a bit of tinkering the gyro came to life! I've only got 2 packs through it but it is a blast to drive!

Just realized I'm coming up on my 10 year anniversary. Not even 1 post a week average :(

rkk
2012.05.08, 08:59 PM
I just ordered 6 of this:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/catalog/N130-1S-25(1).jpg

Hope it fits! It's a 25-40C Lipo pack, that can be charged at 10C (1.3A current), or 6 minutes charge. U$1.33 each... and a cable that charges 6 of them at the same time with a lipo charger. It looks like that Turnigy batter is about 2 mm longer than the stock battery. I have the battery from the Minium airplane and the battery door won't close all the way (although to be fair I haven't tried to stuff the battery in very hard)

oXYnary
2012.05.08, 09:52 PM
Initial Impressions: Great Detail. Controller wheel feels kinda cheap vs mini-z one. Can replace it. Large steering radius, even with gyro at lowest setting, in fact I think the gyro adjustment isn't even needed for the third channel. Will mess with rake angle to see if can tighten. The gyro sounds loud. The side balls for leaning aren't articulated, so they rub/bounce on the ground. Thats the biggest flaw.

Otherwise fun to drive! Took a few hits thought would break something, but A-Ok.

Didn't realize but AR Racing was involved in design:

ChiMiniRc
2012.05.08, 10:11 PM
It looks like that Turnigy batter is about 2 mm longer than the stock battery. I have the battery from the Minium airplane and the battery door won't close all the way (although to be fair I haven't tried to stuff the battery in very hard)

What's the plan with the large plastic end cap? I have a lot of those guys for my Blade Heli's but even shaving off the fins the battery is to large to make it into the battery bay. Are you prying the plastic ends off?

oXYnary
2012.05.09, 02:29 AM
I don't know if anyone else has seen this or its just me. But the steering wire seems to be too angled over the front bumper, so the last 4mm or so of travel up, it hits the wire and pushes it up till it hits the inside portion of the upper chassis. Then if you try to turn the fork when its like that its catches.

It might be as simple as taking some of the bend out of the wire. Or raising it slightly from the servo horn. Probably also relies on the fork rake as well for when or if it catches.

rkk
2012.05.09, 07:40 AM
What's the plan with the large plastic end cap? I have a lot of those guys for my Blade Heli's but even shaving off the fins the battery is to large to make it into the battery bay. Are you prying the plastic ends off? not sure what the plan is there but I've got a battery sitting in a saltwater bath for my efforts:)

As far as the radio goes, I'll be ditching it as soon as a suitable replacement is found

doug01n
2012.05.09, 02:02 PM
Plan? well... I'm a little impulsive and geek thinking. I like changes and mods... When I get the bike and the battery in my hands, I'll tell you what I can do about it. lol

marc
2012.05.09, 02:11 PM
Can somebody post a picture of the bike alongside a Mini-Z car? I know they are of different scale, but I'd still like to see how they display together.

reaper
2012.05.09, 02:33 PM
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee251/reaperz_photos/IMG_20120414_123204.jpg
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee251/reaperz_photos/IMG_20120414_123217.jpg

marc
2012.05.09, 02:37 PM
Thanks Reaper!

reaper
2012.05.09, 02:39 PM
no probs mate
I would highly recomend them it gets much more use than my optima its just so much fun,
And on smooth surfaces it drifts what more do you want lol :D

reaper
2012.05.09, 02:44 PM
What's the plan with the large plastic end cap? I have a lot of those guys for my Blade Heli's but even shaving off the fins the battery is to large to make it into the battery bay. Are you prying the plastic ends off?

The ones i got just simply pulled off leaving the connector all i tack' its had about 15 charges now and still running fine in the bike

J-Milz
2012.05.09, 10:15 PM
Just opened my moto today and tried to negotiate it around on RCP. WOW! It's hard! I tried o turn the gyro's up, nd then down.....no luck. Which is recommended? I understand the driving technique is different, but does nobody have any suggestions?:D

rkk
2012.05.09, 10:17 PM
The ones i got just simply pulled off leaving the connector all i tack' its had about 15 charges now and still running fine in the bike

Reaper,

Any chance I could get an after shot of the battery, I'd like to figure out where I went wrong.

ChiMiniRc
2012.05.10, 01:51 AM
Unboxing video (http://youtu.be/ziMdw8FabF8)for y'all

Mrs Mini-Z
2012.05.10, 08:22 AM
Hi All,
Just wanted to let you know that the Moto Racer (http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?productid=21979&cat=0&page=1&featured) is in stock and ready to ship in the shop (http://shop.tinyrc.com/home.php). :)

Happy Racing!
Meridith :)

reaper
2012.05.10, 11:29 AM
Just opened my moto today and tried to negotiate it around on RCP. WOW! It's hard! I tried o turn the gyro's up, nd then down.....no luck. Which is recommended? I understand the driving technique is different, but does nobody have any suggestions?:D
Rcp will be a challendge , not because of the surface just the width ,

Reaper,

Any chance I could get an after shot of the battery, I'd like to figure out where I went wrong.

Suresure i can but i dont think i still have the black bit probably in the trash :-)

ChiMiniRc
2012.05.10, 01:22 PM
Bigsquidrc.com unboxing article with pictures is up (and link to previously posted video)

http://www.bigsquidrc.com/kyosho-mini-z-moto-racer-unboxing-and-video/

kryten
2012.05.10, 03:17 PM

The off power gyro set high will be easier to learn with,but when you get faster it stops the bike tipping in. I'd recommend having it set to max until you get the hang of it.

oXYnary
2012.05.11, 12:56 AM
Anyone else experiencing the moto getting locked into a turn? In that it takes forever for it to get out of a steep slow turn if your turning the wheel the opposite direction. I think its the wire, not sure if related to issue I found, or its a tad too small. I realize the wire is acting as a saver and the "leeway" a two wheel drive vehicle needs. Again though, wondering it its still a tad too flexy.

Maybe Atomic or other can come up with something? Some type of dampening and softer tires would be nice as well. Would help reduce that jiggle the moto exhibits trying to upright itself.

Also, wish there was a way to turn off the gyro completely from remote.

rkk
2012.05.11, 10:30 PM
No issue with the steering lock yet (fingers crossed). I have had a couple other minor issues though. Gyro issues when I first put the battery in and then a battery connector came lose both simple quick fixes. This thing is a blast to drive. Much easier to drive than my venom 1:8th bike.

ChiMiniRc
2012.05.11, 11:06 PM
[QUOTE=rkk;432986]No issue with the steering lock yet (fingers crossed). [QUOTE]

I noticed after a few hard front end collisions, the caster on the bike got knocked back. The front wheel was so far back it rubbed the fender. I just pulled it out again and it was fine.

rkk
2012.05.11, 11:35 PM
So they seem to be fairly resilient :) lord knows mine has taken its lumps.

ChiMiniRc
2012.05.11, 11:45 PM
So they seem to be fairly resilient :) lord knows mine has taken its lumps.

Extremely! I’ve stepped on one myself personally as well one of the kids that race with us at the club (The kid stepped on the bike, not me stepping on the kid  ). The side bars got bent but that’s it. Plenty of full speed straight into a wall crashes. The worst was the front pin that the steering pivots on and one of the two bearings popped out. Popped back in and worked fine. Also lots of rough pavement driving with jumps, front somersaults from hitting things in the parking lot. They are strong.

Fovea3d
2012.05.12, 04:13 PM
Just got mine.
The only drivable surface I have here is the carpet track in my attic, about 30" wide. Wow the first laps were tough... but getting better, and I hope in a close future, much better :) I hate bumping into the barriers even if it looks strong. Run time is low. Gyro is screaming, feels like driving an electric toothbrush he he...
Quality is good, reminds me my Silverlit Ducati only half size.

http://www.nanospeeders.com/photos/bike.jpg

marc
2012.05.12, 04:44 PM
Maybe you can now design futuristic motorcycle farings for the bike with your 3D printing. :)

I can't get how cool that Shara is. Are there images of the real car?

Fovea3d
2012.05.12, 05:00 PM
Maybe you can now design futuristic motorcycle farings for the bike with your 3D printing. :)

I can't get how cool that Shara is. Are there images of the real car?

Sure! Well my first thoughts for a shell + biker was something like those (https://www.google.fr/search?q=joe+bar+team+miniatures&hl=fr&rlz=1G1GGLQ_FRFR295&prmd=imvns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=wtquT9DtF8-U8gP3j6GiCQ&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CC4Q_AUoAQ&biw=1065&bih=717&sei=xNquT7-AGMKO8gOegLXNCQ#hl=fr&rlz=1G1GGLQ_FRFR295&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=joe+bar+team+figurine&oq=joe+bar+team+figurine&aq=f&aqi=g1g-S1&aql=&gs_l=img.3..0j0i24.2262.2262.2.2445.1.0.0.1.1.0.0. 0..0.0...0.0.iVEBTOqLYUs&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=1d2d286e0d514d4e&biw=1065&bih=717), from "Joe Bar Team" comics, but any modern bikes like cafe racers, trail bikes, Harleys would do... I need to take full measures on the motoracer chassis and study how the farings are attached first.

OT the Shara proto was never finished 1 (http://www.nanospeeders.com/photos/shara1.jpg) 2 (http://www.nanospeeders.com/photos/shara2.jpg)

marc
2012.05.12, 05:45 PM
How about Tron-style motorcycles? :D

Fovea3d
2012.05.12, 09:12 PM
I gained some stability on carpet by setting the ride height to the minimum, the front travel is about 4mm now, rear lowered accordlingly. It won't wander like it did whith the high setting. Problem, the side bars are touching more often now, I need to resolve that.

I managed to throw the bike full throttle out the curves while drifting. That thing has some potential. Also did my first wheelie ;)

Major concern, the stock tires have no grip. With something like ATM 10° shores the beast would reveal itself and burn rubber...

rkk
2012.05.12, 10:39 PM
Sure! Well my first thoughts for a shell + biker was something like those (https://www.google.fr/search?q=joe+bar+team+miniatures&hl=fr&rlz=1G1GGLQ_FRFR295&prmd=imvns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=wtquT9DtF8-U8gP3j6GiCQ&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CC4Q_AUoAQ&biw=1065&bih=717&sei=xNquT7-AGMKO8gOegLXNCQ#hl=fr&rlz=1G1GGLQ_FRFR295&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=joe+bar+team+figurine&oq=joe+bar+team+figurine&aq=f&aqi=g1g-S1&aql=&gs_l=img.3..0j0i24.2262.2262.2.2445.1.0.0.1.1.0.0. 0..0.0...0.0.iVEBTOqLYUs&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=1d2d286e0d514d4e&biw=1065&bih=717), from "Joe Bar Team" comics, but any modern bikes like cafe racers, trail bikes, Harleys would do... I need to take full measures on the motoracer chassis and study how the farings are attached first.

OT the Shara proto was never finished 1 (http://www.nanospeeders.com/photos/shara1.jpg) 2 (http://www.nanospeeders.com/photos/shara2.jpg)

they seem to handle small jumps pretty well. I'd love to see a trail bike if not a full on MX bike.

marc
2012.05.12, 10:54 PM
Next thing Kyosho needs to make is a quad, and a mini snow-mobile. :D

Fovea3d
2012.05.12, 10:56 PM
they seem to handle small jumps pretty well. I'd love to see a trail bike if not a full on MX bike.

I did a quick mockup with my own bike, an old Honda XLRM (http://www.nanospeeders.com/photos/hondamotoracer.jpg). It will fit fairly well.

One problem though, the stock front wheel is too small for a typical trail or MX bike, but should be OK for a supermoto style.
I guess for offroad and jumps a bigger front wheel may be better.

UPDATE: my carpet track was dusty so I had to disassemble the bike for cleaning. I took pictures for those interested (http://www.nanospeeders.com/forum_z/index.php?showtopic=1581&st=0&#entry13484).

rkk
2012.05.13, 06:57 AM
Thanks for those pics, I've been curious but too busy to break it down. Looks like reasonable access to the motor. Kyosho, X-speed please.

bevo
2012.05.13, 07:46 AM
Are there any videos of people actually racing these, with 4 or 5 on a track at once?

rkk
2012.05.13, 11:50 PM
Are there any videos of people actually racing these, with 4 or 5 on a track at once?

We only have 2 locally and didn't race this week (mother's day). Hopefully I'll get some video next Sunday.

doug01n
2012.05.14, 02:24 PM
Mine just arrived...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45287315/Galpas/DSC_0913.JPG

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45287315/Galpas/DSC_0914.JPG

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45287315/Galpas/DSC_0919.JPG

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45287315/Galpas/DSC_0920.JPG

I'll test it tonight at home, and thursday at galpas track!

:D:D:D:D

reaper
2012.05.14, 02:27 PM
you will love it .....and hate it at the same time :D
Thrashing about is sooooo much fun
Trying to get it round a track is frustrating , untill you get the knack and it just seems to all fall into place

mikedw
2012.05.14, 06:38 PM
If the sidebar balls actually turned and weren't fixed, I think it wouldn't bounce the bike so badly when leaned over too far. Mine is better now that they are worn flat from running in the driveway.

Durability is really good, full speed into wall, full speed wedge under truck tire, full speed down a flight of stairs, I'll let anyone try it.
A few scratches, mostly on the drivers helmet. I tape the battery door now, my eyes can't take looking for it anymore.

oXYnary
2012.05.15, 01:06 AM
fwiw I was able to twist the balls without breaking them off. So you can turn them if they wear flat. (like going from asphalt to rcp)

Fovea3d
2012.05.15, 01:15 AM
What is interesting is it drives like a bike and not like a car.
To turn at slow speed you have to destabilize the bike with a slight steering input and as soon as it starts to lean release the steering and give throttle to compensate. Accurate throttle control is key. Its fascinating doing figure 8's at very low speed without touching the sidebars. Reminds me my slow speed riding lessons long time ago :D

doug01n
2012.05.15, 06:06 AM
I'll try it... I was a really desaster in the parking lot today... I'll have to re-learn to drive!

mikedw
2012.05.15, 09:14 AM
I was thinking more along the lines of them spinning freely like a ball bearing.

oXYnary
2012.05.15, 04:20 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of them spinning freely like a ball bearing.

I agree! But I mean for now, at least you can ruin one side of them while having a smooth side you can twist to so you don't spin out when going back to a high traction surface like carpet or rcp.

Fovea3d
2012.05.15, 05:09 PM
I broke the servo horn wirewhile driving... when I looked the wire was just gone. I could not find it in the carpet fibers.
I repaired it with antenna wire, I had to print a pattern diagram to scale to reproduce the shape. I used a very thin wire from an Epoch indoor racer aerial, these are thinner than the old AM MZ antennas.
The steering is now softer than original. When holding the bike upside down the wheel won't center anymore but rest left or right. But it works good and handling is not affected.

rkk
2012.05.16, 09:04 PM
I tape the battery door now, my eyes can't take looking for it anymore.

Amen! First tip of Moto Racer, tape the door. :)

hrdrvr
2012.05.17, 02:16 PM
To go along with the battery door being taped, I also reshaped the side bars. I bent them up to give a little more clearance while cornering. Ive bent them up enough now that it is hard to restart the bike without physical intervention. It is worth it though....I just try harder not to wreck.

I wish I was progressing further with my driving, but had to take a couple of days off to re-paint the thing. I hate driving the same thing that I see every one posting pictures of, so I did a respray over the factory paint. I could have gotten a better finished product if I would have removed the decals and done some sanding before getting started. With my lack of driving skill, I figured I'd let this be a "practice" paint job, for practicing driving :D

I think it turned out cool though, and am looking forward to doing some more :D

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/Members%20rides/Landon/photobucket-2329-1337278805973.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/Members%20rides/Landon/photobucket-3676-1337278766503.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/Members%20rides/Landon/photobucket-2291-1337278786942.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/Members%20rides/Landon/photobucket-3781-1337278822378.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/Members%20rides/Landon/photobucket-3413-1337279267534.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/Members%20rides/Landon/photobucket-1129-1337279288423.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/Members%20rides/Landon/photobucket-3855-1337279309365.jpg

doug01n
2012.05.17, 02:38 PM
Awesome work man!!! I was thinking about painting mine too... but I won't do this untill they put the body kit in the stores. My painting skills reaaaaly sucks.

Your motoracer is spetacular!!!!

hrdrvr
2012.05.17, 04:34 PM
Thanks Doug! It was a little trickier than a car, but I think it looks good enough for me to bash it up :D

LitoReyes
2012.05.22, 06:27 PM
Long time lurker here, but I thought I'd share a couple of short vids of me testing the Moto Racer on a tight RCP track in Newbury Park, CA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BdSeRaPkUI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcIyL4eVLNs

rkk
2012.05.22, 11:25 PM
Long time lurker here, but I thought I'd share a couple of short vids of me testing the Moto Racer on a tight RCP track in Newbury Park, CA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BdSeRaPkUI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcIyL4eVLNs

WOW impressive drive! Videos like that make me think I'll actually be able to get around a track before my kit arrives and proves otherwise. lol Moto Racer was no exception. :)

LitoReyes
2012.05.23, 10:16 AM
WOW impressive drive! Videos like that make me think I'll actually be able to get around a track before my kit arrives and proves otherwise. lol Moto Racer was no exception. :)

Thanks! That was with a Moto Racer straight out of the box. Now that I've done a bit of tuning, I've dropped the lap times by two seconds.

I mounted a MyLaps transponder powered by an e-flite Blade MCX battery in place of the rider, and it weighs within a couple of grams of the stock weight. I'm working on mounting the transponder inside the rider and powering it off the main pack, at the expense of a few seconds of runtime. The MyLaps RC4's only draw 19mA (according to the specs), so it shouldn't affect the runtime all that much.

ChiMiniRc
2012.05.23, 11:04 AM
Amen! First tip of Moto Racer, tape the door. :)

Ditto! Tape that door.
It looks like the spare is being sold as an entire lower cowling for $20! So don't lose it!

LitoReyes
2012.05.23, 11:58 AM
Ditto! Tape that door.
It looks like the spare is being sold as an entire lower cowling for $20! So don't lose it!

Funny -- I have two of the production Moto Racers and both of my batt doors are just fine without having to tape them. They have never popped off. Maybe I'm not running them hard enough. ;)

ChiMiniRc
2012.05.23, 12:22 PM
Funny -- I have two of the production Moto Racers and both of my batt doors are just fine without having to tape them. They have never popped off. Maybe I'm not running them hard enough. ;)

I bought 4 of them for the Chicago Mini R/C club to use and they all do it. It does take a decent hit to pop it off but it is HARD to find. Any new owner I would warn to check for the cover after a hard hit.

LitoReyes
2012.05.23, 12:34 PM
Okay, I have to admit that my Moto Racers are "track only", as are all of my 1:5-scale on-road RC motorcycles. The only ones that I'll run anywhere are the dirt bikes -- the Venom VMX450 and Duratrax DX450.

herman
2012.05.24, 01:59 AM
warning - off topic....

hey litoreyes.... now that sounds pinoy.... are you? :D

LitoReyes
2012.05.24, 02:56 AM
herman: Yes. Born in the States, lived in Southern California for the past 42 years.

reaper
2012.05.24, 04:13 AM
wow man you sure can handle that 1/5 , any setup tips for our little bikes ?

doug01n
2012.05.24, 10:13 AM
I think we will need an aftermarket tire to handle it in our carpet track... it looses the grip too easy.

LitoReyes
2012.05.24, 08:34 PM
Doug: Kyosho is coming out with an option tire set. I assume it will be a softer compound.

Reaper: Thanks for the compliment! The first thing is that you have to slow the bike down to get it to lean, give it steering to get the bike down, then back off the steering and use the throttle to control the arc. Really, getting a bike to exit the turn when you want it to is what takes the most practice. You always want to be getting back on the throttle halfway through the turn, if not sooner, to get the bike to stand back up again, using counter steering if you have to. Now, if you have to immediately set up for another tight turn, you might have to stand on the brakes again as soon as it is upright. Even more so than with a car, knowing the track is really important, since you have to plan two turns ahead -- three if it's a twisty layout.

The Moto Racer really handles a lot like a 1:5-scale bike. There are a few things to unlearn from car driving, like backing off the steering once it's laid down, but like with anything new, practice will give you the muscle memory needed to get them running smoothly.

LitoReyes
2012.05.24, 10:00 PM
I forgot to mention something about the setup. The stock suspension settings are way too stiff -- loosen up the fork screws a couple of turns, as well as the rear spring pre-load screw. For quicker turn-in, remove the two brake discs from the front wheel; they are cast aluminum and help with stability, but at the expense of transition speed.

Kyosho is also coming out with optional steering servo horns with different wire sizes for steering tuning. I'm going to start experimenting with thicker wires next week on my own replacement horns.

oXYnary
2012.05.25, 04:57 PM
For quicker turn-in, remove the two brake discs from the front wheel; they are cast aluminum and help with stability, but at the expense of transition speed.

Don't they add to front traction though with having more weight near the tire?

LitoReyes
2012.05.25, 11:45 PM
Yes, they do add traction, but like I said, it's a compromise. If you are looking for more responsive steering, it's a tuning option.

I'm still trying to find the "perfect" setup for RCP tracks, so I might go back to using those weights. But for now, the path I'm on is with them removed.

reaper
2012.05.26, 04:17 AM
any tips on ride hight and front rake angle ? :-)

LitoReyes
2012.05.27, 09:08 PM
Like everything else, fork rake is a compromise. The RCP track I run on is pretty bumpy from new tiles, adjacent tiles with opposing grain, and seams that aren't fully seated, even though the layout is changed only monthly. For that reason, I've been using the forks out to soak up the bumps in conjunction with the fork screws backed out so that 2mm of the screw heads are visible with the forks fully compressed. With my bigger bikes, I tend to have the forks as upright as possible (without them hitting the cowl, of course) without getting a headshake. Headshake can be dialed out with a steering damper on the 1:5 and 1:8 bikes, but we don't have an option for that on the Moto Racer (yet!!!!). I've tested the rake settings with and without the "brake" discs, and still prefer the longer wheelbase to soak up the bumps.

Here are my settings so far:

Front: Fork screws 2mm of the heads exposed with fully compressed
Fork Rake: Fully out (longest wheelbase)
Rear: 0.0-.5mm droop (no droop with a lightened rider, 0.5 with a standard rider)
Sliders: wire bent so balls are 8mm back from stock
L Gyro: 80%
H Gyro: 50%

I'll be experimenting with thicker steering wire and grooving the tires once some parts arrive on Tuesday. Also, I've cut away a lot of one of my riders to fit a MyLaps transponder in there. But there is a company in Spain that is making polycarbonate Yamaha cowl with an Aprilia and a lightweight rider on the way. That polycarbonate rider should be easier to put a transponder in without a weight penalty.

doug01n
2012.06.01, 11:57 AM
Hi guys... for those who are with grip problems in carpet tracks, here's my solution untill the carpet tires are available:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45287315/Galpas/DSC_0977.JPG

A nail cutter did the job... (ok, it's not nice, but better than ruin the tire with my bad skills on a dremmel cutter).

Here's some extra pictures for you:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45287315/Galpas/DSC_0930.JPG

The gearbox:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45287315/Galpas/DSC_0974.JPG

Rear wheel with the ball bearing:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45287315/Galpas/DSC_0975.JPG

Rear pic with the giro motor exposed:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45287315/Galpas/DSC_0976.JPG

Rear cutted tire (sorry, wrong focus):
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45287315/Galpas/DSC_0978.JPG

Front tire after the mods:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45287315/Galpas/DSC_0979.JPG

The grip is awesome now... I'll send Atomic an e-mail with this pics to develop tires for carpet. If You guys got any question, just ask!

ChiMiniRc
2012.06.01, 05:37 PM
Our Chicago friend Manny has put together an article on BigSquidRC detailing how he installed a Maisto 1:18 diecast onto his Mini-z Moto!

http://www.bigsquidrc.com/building-the-mini-rossi-modding-the-kyosho-mini-z-motorcycle/

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk193/Greg_Zielinski/Mini-Z-Moto-Valentino-Rossi-17.jpg

akura2
2012.06.02, 08:23 PM
I broke the servo horn wirewhile driving... when I looked the wire was just gone. I could not find it in the carpet fibers.
I repaired it with antenna wire, I had to print a pattern diagram to scale to reproduce the shape. I used a very thin wire from an Epoch indoor racer aerial, these are thinner than the old AM MZ antennas.
The steering is now softer than original. When holding the bike upside down the wheel won't center anymore but rest left or right. But it works good and handling is not affected.

You've got PM

doug01n
2012.06.05, 10:14 AM
So... I was searching youtube videos and I saw this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Del1NSVPdlU

Whata heck??? Gyro off? ball bearing mod on the side was already been planed...

oXYnary
2012.06.05, 03:29 PM
So... I was searching youtube videos and I saw this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Del1NSVPdlU

Whata heck??? Gyro off? ball bearing mod on the side was already been planed...

Notice the rear shock as well?

doug01n
2012.06.05, 03:46 PM
Notice the rear shock as well?

Yep... An Oil shock... I think he inverted the wheel, the objective use a single rear arm, but it handles good... I'll try to make this roll bearing bars DIY and see what happens on the track.

hrdrvr
2012.06.05, 07:30 PM
The shaft bearings from and AWD have the right inside diameter. I popped one on, but they still catch on the tile gaps on our marble floor, so I took the back off. I just fold the bars up high enough that they don't drag at all any more.

Fovea3d
2012.06.06, 12:20 AM
I had an issue with the rear wheel starting to spin with the gyro and the bike automatically shut off. It turned out that I seized the ball bearing inside the rear wheel 1 (http://www.nanospeeders.com/photos/seized1.jpg), 2 (http://www.nanospeeders.com/photos/seized2.jpg). It spins at the same high speed as the gyro so it may have a short lifetime. I replaced it with a dnano front ball bearing, they are the same.

LitoReyes
2012.06.06, 03:26 AM
That looks like an R246 aluminun shock (and I just happen to have an extra one handy!!!). With that beautiful flowing track, no gyro is needed.

akura2
2012.06.07, 07:12 PM
That IS a nice track!!! Can't wait to get mine

akura2
2012.06.08, 06:20 PM
THE best Moto Racer video I've seen so far

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQzd2otv30A

doug01n
2012.06.11, 07:39 AM
Hey guys... did you like my new front tire?

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/45287315/Galpas/2012-06-07%2011.30.54.JPG

Working on the balance of the new rear tire... but the grip is awesome... ;)

BovineD
2012.06.19, 12:14 AM
Hey guys picked up a couple of these when in HK last month at 150$ each but how the heck do you drive them??? Not sure if I have enough room as I cant keep these things upright long enough to turn without flipping over. I have the gyros set at max but can't maintain any slow speed stability to try and maneuver around. Definitely a steep learning curve...

doug01n
2012.06.20, 02:43 PM
You have to re-learn how to drive.
Particular issue: My bike is loosing signal when otter 2.4Ghz radios or cars are turned on. Our club is underground, is there anyone experimenting the same issue? How to resolve it?

I tried to re-bind the bike, but threre´s no effect 'cause it wont bind if is already binded with the samen radio.

doug01n
2012.06.26, 07:35 AM
Is there anyone racing theese babys?

oXYnary
2012.06.26, 02:08 PM
Hey guys... did you like my new front tire?

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/45287315/Galpas/2012-06-07%2011.30.54.JPG

Working on the balance of the new rear tire... but the grip is awesome... ;)

Are you going to sell these?

doug01n
2012.06.26, 02:39 PM
In fact, they are already in the market...
http://www.egrracing.com/shop/images/large/atomic/AR140_143_l.jpg

It's a front Mini-z MR03 atomic W-groove tire 20º. The tire is stretched, arround the front wheel, and doesn't comes out! I'm trying to put 2 rear mini-z tires in the rear wheel, but it's hard to balance correctly!

r46
2012.11.03, 10:56 PM
thread gone quiet hows every one getting on with bikes?
just fitted atomic rims to mine ;)

http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz24/triks75/IMG-20121104-00220.jpg

HammondCheese
2012.11.05, 12:00 AM
Wouldn't be surprised if a few people aren't waiting for the new skins. I'm personally holding off until the Stoner model is released. Actually it was hard to choose between the Repsol models. The Pedrosa one comes with a 1:1 scale Dani. He's just disappeared from the MotoGp podiums. My theory is Kyosho has acidentally packed the real one in one of the boxes - so every Pedrosa model comes with a chance of getting a real Dani.... maybe :)

r46
2012.11.05, 01:00 PM
:D hes in there!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-oCX90oW3F1Q/UGRRPphAoaI/AAAAAAAAVGw/yTlXwtQx-I0/s640/main-3.jpg

Dani done well this season brought the pressure to jorge, if dani never got side swiped by hecta he was insight for that no 1 plate :) Last round coming would of been decider between who be champion jorge or dani. Think i'll grab casey bike brighter to see apexing corner ;) Lost the love towards the ducuti paint scheme looks tacky for some reason. When lexan,white body kits hit shelfs fancy a Suzuki rep either crescent rizzla or relentless
or
Gresini honda super sic'
this season duke scheme

MXMRCR
2012.11.06, 02:56 AM
i'll probably get Stoner too but i'm hoping Kyosho will do white versions so we can paint our own, i fancy doing a Monster Energy CRT bike :rolleyes:

Richy your bike is looking good dude, i also gave mine a red right leg..great minds think alike hehe.

kryten
2012.11.06, 05:08 AM
Kyosho already do a white body for these, but as usual they are stupid money.

r46
2012.11.07, 12:21 AM
cheers mark ;)

I'm hoping with the lexan body would allow usage of bigger cell :)
When are those sweet alloy forks being released?

MXMRCR
2012.11.12, 09:06 AM
cheers mark ;)

When are those sweet alloy forks being released?

i'm hoping they're gonna be pretty soon, anyway after watching the final round of the motogp from valencia yesterday i was bored and i still got this monster energy bug so i set about my bike, just got it finished before bed time :)...

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk131/optionboy/DSCF8204.jpg

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk131/optionboy/DSCF8205.jpg

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk131/optionboy/DSCF8203.jpg

bye bye..
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk131/optionboy/DSCF8209.jpg

kept it nice and simple and stayed with a matt finish.

the seat unit was bothering me, in Yamaha mode with a painted seat it looked good but in matt black home paintjob mode it looked totaly unfinished so i just cut a seat from some black card stock and held in place with a dab of double sided tape....not brilliant but i can't think of anything else thin enough that will let the riders 'poop' go through the hole in the seat unit and hold him on the machine...

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk131/optionboy/DSCF8213.jpg

r46
2012.11.12, 11:32 PM
:cool: looking good!

vigilanterc
2013.01.03, 08:43 PM
I forgot to mention something about the setup. The stock suspension settings are way too stiff -- loosen up the fork screws a couple of turns, as well as the rear spring pre-load screw. For quicker turn-in, remove the two brake discs from the front wheel; they are cast aluminum and help with stability, but at the expense of transition speed.

Kyosho is also coming out with optional steering servo horns with different wire sizes for steering tuning. I'm going to start experimenting with thicker wires next week on my own replacement horns.

Actually the front stock disks are Steel. I CNC machined new ones from 6061-t6 alloy.
The are scalloped and ventilated like real ones . Mine are much lighter.
Check out the pics at vigilante-rc.com what's new page.....
I

d1nzfe
2013.02.11, 08:41 AM
Any setups to share on rcp track?
stable n fast to flick around on the rcp track?

Stone Adams
2013.06.08, 09:10 PM
I'm thinking about picking up a couple of these fantastic little bikes and I had 2 questions. 1 do you glue the tires on. 2 when is the Casey stoner slated for release? Thanks in advance for any answers and I can't wait to try these out