PDA

View Full Version : stripped part, need some help fixing it

bevo
2011.12.30, 11:05 AM
I stripped out the threads in the part that holds the front body mounts. Is there a way to fix this without having to replace the entire chassis? If not I may just super glue the mount on and use the same body with that car forever.

I've never replaced a chassis, if it's not really that hard, or doesn't involve any kind of soldering then I may give it a try, but I'm really not wanting to have to take out the servo and board and everything.

Any quick and easy fix would be super.

bevo
2011.12.30, 11:46 AM
Didn't mean to make 2 threads. My computer froze up and did 2 of them on accident.
Mods please delete one if you can.

cowboysir
2011.12.30, 12:04 PM
drop a bit of super glue onto your screw, thread it in carefully and then let sit for a bit. The CA glue should react with the plastic and refresh your threads for a while. Be careful removing and replacing the screw once you've done the CA trick.

bevo
2011.12.30, 02:42 PM
That's what I've been doing. It's been working for now, but I figure sooner or later I'll accidentally glue the mount to the chassis. I'm just going to keep gluing it and when that stops working I'll swap everything out.

lfisminiz
2011.12.30, 08:08 PM
Is this a 03 chassis?...If so, just put different screws up through that you can put small nuts on the end.
Screw
Through nose clip
Through chassis
Enough of screw sticking out to put 2 small 2MM nuts on end.

cowboysir
2011.12.30, 10:58 PM
The only part of that I don't like is adding the extra weight to the front. It may be in my mind...

bevo
2011.12.31, 06:05 PM
Is this a 03 chassis?...If so, just put different screws up through that you can put small nuts on the end.
Screw
Through nose clip
Through chassis
Enough of screw sticking out to put 2 small 2MM nuts on end.

That's just so crazy it might work. I can't believe I didn't think of that. It's just an extra loner car I have to tryout different parts on and let new people borrow, so the extra weight isn't that big of a deal. Thanks for the quick fix.

glider
2012.02.20, 06:24 AM
Hello Bevo,

For future reference there is a better solution than using CA.

I have given a detailed description of it here:

http://dnano-mini-z.tumblr.com/post/16918528406/dnano-care-and-feeding-and-some-tuning-points

scroll down to the section titled stripped screw holes.