PDA

View Full Version : 1/18th offroad

miniznewb
2012.01.02, 01:49 PM
Just wondering if you guys know of anywhere that runs it besides dirt oval.

hilldebrandt
2012.01.02, 02:24 PM
Race Place at the Quakertown Farmers Market used to run on weekends, but their website doesn't say if they run outdoors anymore.

I might run 1/18th scale off-road at my backyard track come late spring or early summer...won't decide until then, though... :cool:

bermbuster
2012.01.02, 02:44 PM
unfortunately 1/18th scale has peaked....
there is a core group of 1/18 scalers in MD and CT...
The 1/18th mini nats happen in CT around Easter. Check out
www.rcmadness.com they are in Enfield, CT

lfisminiz
2012.01.02, 09:13 PM
Just wondering if you guys know of anywhere that runs it besides dirt oval.

Justin.....sorry, cant help on this...BUT!!!!!! Go get the mini-z buggy!;) Im working on jumps and bumps already for them when we get together this month.:p They work mighty good with some small changes.

imxlr8ed
2012.01.02, 10:17 PM
Mushroombowl down in Kennett Square used to run 18th every year indoors in the winter... Don't know if they still do or not. 18th onroad with the Xrays was their bread and butter but so much has changed with new cars in different scales that I doubt they still run them. Trucks always had a good following though. Check their site out, you'll definitely find out then. Heck of a drive for you though.

Hey Larry, you gonna cut out a section of your lawn out back this spring? Thanks for the Helios fix too bud, works like a charm and I manage to fit it into the drop-down setup too.

lfisminiz
2012.01.03, 04:24 AM
Mushroombowl down in Kennett Square used to run 18th every year indoors in the winter... Don't know if they still do or not. 18th onroad with the Xrays was their bread and butter but so much has changed with new cars in different scales that I doubt they still run them. Trucks always had a good following though. Check their site out, you'll definitely find out then. Heck of a drive for you though.

Hey Larry, you gonna cut out a section of your lawn out back this spring? Thanks for the Helios fix too bud, works like a charm and I manage to fit it into the drop-down setup too.

No problem and no, on RCP with ramps/jumps/mogules etc...is fine with me.:rolleyes:

miniznewb
2012.01.03, 06:59 AM
Thank you for the replies, Larry I'm working on a buggy lol just got my ex1 ur and sent Dave g a body to get Done along with a few f1 goodies so buggy is next.

lfisminiz
2012.01.03, 03:21 PM
Justin...bring your F-1 along also. I had off Chritmas to New Years, so i had alot of time to get organized. Got my F-1 on track again after a tear down/re-built.

QUINN...Bring your F-1 and AWD. Worked on that too. Its starting to look pretty good.

We should have enough different vehicles to run more classes or run AWD with 2WD and match motors up to even them out together.:)

miniznewb
2012.01.03, 05:47 PM
The f-1 will be there, little upset I couldn't find a motor mount anywhere but got the other stuff I wanted

lfisminiz
2012.01.03, 06:26 PM
The PN ones are tuff to find. I think i saw 3 Racing ones floating around. Double check the shop here.

KA2AEV
2012.01.03, 07:02 PM
I know Trains and Lanes just north of Allentown right off of Rte 33
(actually think its in Easton, but Im not sure!)
has two outdoor tracks, one paved and one dirt as well as an indoor
one, but Im not sure what scales they're running

miniznewb
2012.01.03, 07:09 PM
Yes I race 1/10th every once in a while, but they don't have any kinda of 1/18th league. I figured there wouldnt be much around for it as 1/10th seems to be the most popular