PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Racing... what're we doing?

imxlr8ed
2012.01.03, 04:45 PM
Really want your opinions on this. I was thinking of getting back into HFAY (already ordered motors for us) but I want to know if you guys are up to running 2WL layouts again.

OR...

There is a new series that our HFAY friends from out in AZ are heading up that is utilising a 3WL layout. Rules are a bit different though, read up here:

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37417

I know we've all talked about this a bit here and there but I need to know what we want to do as a club. Play and tune time is great, but competition is key! We all have F1s now too... even if you guys just want to run the F1 exclusively... it doesn't matter to me, I just want to race as a club again!

You just all gotta commit to it if were gonna run it! :D

racerquinn#1
2012.01.03, 04:57 PM
i liek the idea of the ISRL series,think thats what it is..............yup thats it. im in for it to race these cars again. i want to see if i still have it in me to compete against these guys!!!

imxlr8ed
2012.01.03, 05:01 PM
Yeah... me too considering you just beat me last time we raced in Mod!

Larry? Justin? Greg?

I'd like to get a race on the schedule for the very end of January.

miniznewb
2012.01.03, 05:22 PM
I do like the bigger tracks like the new series and would love to race as a club. Only proplem I might have is depending on car shows that I have to attend for work are on Sundays once in a while. Would prolly only miss one for that though

hilldebrandt
2012.01.03, 05:58 PM
I'm absolutely up for the bigger layouts, and the end of January works for me for the first event. Count me in !

lfisminiz
2012.01.03, 06:31 PM
Bigger track for me to.
In between racing that, hopefully between the buggies, F-1, AWD, we should be able to put more organized racing in also.

lfisminiz
2012.01.03, 06:32 PM
Depending how it works, i would only miss an occasional race due to bigger events here and there.

lfisminiz
2012.01.03, 09:01 PM
Of course the only problem i see is with the shape of your basement, it will limit what layouts can be done for the other clubs. Would be nice to do other layouts and switch around more. I dont remember ...where you sit/pit, is there room to be made there for a wider area or is that a solid wall?

imxlr8ed
2012.01.04, 08:15 AM
I think Dusty may mirror some of the later layouts so they can fit in my basement. It's gonna be tight and we may have our support pole in the middle of the track for one or two of them (just consider it very slow traffic... no biggie!). Places to stand may be tough to find but I think it's worth it.

So, sounds like the first race is going to happen the 29th. I have no problem scheduling around local races Larry, you just may have to run twice a month once in a while! Just cut into your personal basement time to make it up! ;)

I have no problem scheduling around car shows either, as long as we know when they are going down. No problem Justin!

I'm just saying that I really see no reason why we can't get together at the beginning of the month and figure it out... especially when there is this really cool thing called the internet, and it's like really easy to plan events with other people! :p

I'll post up for the event and date on another thread soon.

arch2b
2012.01.04, 12:16 PM
I think Dusty may mirror some of the later layouts so they can fit in my basement. It's gonna be tight and we may have our support pole in the middle of the track for one or two of them (just consider it very slow traffic... no biggie!)...
almost spit soda out my nose on that one:p

miniznewb
2012.01.04, 12:31 PM
You guys should be used to slow traffic now I've been there a few times lol.

imxlr8ed
2012.01.04, 02:54 PM
Yeah, but when I blatantly hack you, your car moves out of the way. The pole won't be as forgiving.
If it does get to that point of having to drive around it, I may design a splitter/guardrail for it.

lfisminiz
2012.01.04, 03:30 PM
Yeah, but when I blatantly hack you, your car moves out of the way. The pole won't be as forgiving.
If it does get to that point of having to drive around it, I may design a splitter/guardrail for it.

So your telling me you cant just move the pole and re-design it, MISTER ENGINEER!:p
Oh and i guess me running twice a month is like you comming along to races with me!!!;):rolleyes::eek::D

miniznewb
2012.01.04, 04:20 PM
So your telling me you cant just move the pole and re-design it, MISTER ENGINEER!:p
Oh and i guess me running twice a month is like you comming along to races with me!!!;):rolleyes::eek::D
I know a guy with some 35 ft I beams he wants gone we can rearrange that basement lol.

hilldebrandt
2012.01.04, 06:57 PM
almost spit soda out my nose on that one:p

Ray, don't you know that drinking and posting don't mix ?? LOL :p

imxlr8ed
2012.01.04, 07:02 PM

Ouch... ok, you got me there.

The pole... Not sure how much of my first floor would fall into the basement if I was to remove it. I-beams would work but I think It would be a pretty major mod to my house. Got me thinkin though... how bad is it when a guy sits and debates about major structural modifications to his home to support his hobby? :o

lfisminiz
2012.01.04, 09:36 PM
Ouch... ok, you got me there.

The pole... Not sure how much of my first floor would fall into the basement if I was to remove it. I-beams would work but I think It would be a pretty major mod to my house. Got me thinkin though... how bad is it when a guy sits and debates about major structural modifications to his home to support his hobby? :o

GO, GO, GO....Do IT, Do IT!!!;):p

imxlr8ed
2012.01.04, 09:46 PM
Not good to take advice from a fellow addict. If I did do it, no way I'd be doing it in the wintertime.:D