PDA

View Full Version : Raceday January 29th in Reading PA...

imxlr8ed
2012.01.04, 12:22 PM
We are running the first installment of the new ISRL series on January 29th... 10am - 6pmish? We'll decide the days schedule as we go.

Here's the layout for the first race:

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32436&d=1324632001

Here's the basics from Dusty's thread:

80 Minutes du Mans
A multi-class Le Mans style sports car and prototype race.
Each race is 8min for a total of 80min run in a season.
Classes all run and scored together. Positions are for Overall, Class, and Club Championships.
LMP class: 102mm+ prototype cars. Open motor. Plastic or Lexan. Lots of modification available and encouraged. 150g min (w/o batts)
GTS class: 98mm- sports cars. 70t+ motor. Plastic bodies. Some modification available. 125g min (w/o batts)

Formula Mini World Championship
Stock class F1 cars running 70t+ motors. Some modification available. 150g min (w/o batts)
Races are 70 laps (should take about 8min)
Driver and Club Championships

I have some questions about these rules myself, but I will update as soon as I get some answers. If you guys have questions as well, post'em up.

hilldebrandt
2012.01.04, 08:28 PM
I read at first in the rules that GTS and LMP would be run together, then later it says that they can race seperately, so which is it ?

I have a GTS and F1 basically ready to go, if we're gonna run LMP I need to know so I can put one together by then...

miniznewb
2012.01.04, 09:28 PM
I am also wondering the same thing as I would need to start preparing another car

imxlr8ed
2012.01.04, 09:58 PM
I just put out that question on Dusty's thread today. I didn't check back yet. I'll do that now.

imxlr8ed
2012.01.04, 10:05 PM
Didn't see a response yet but he did send me the actual rules, just havent gotten around to review them yet.

miniznewb
2012.01.05, 05:51 PM
Well I have another 03 on the way so as soon as we get an answer for this question I guess it will be time to get some lm parts on the lol. I have a lm body as I saw you brought up the bodies somewhere( been on here to much lately to remember which thread.

One thing I was wondering is what kind of rear suspension set up as far as dampers, haven't really seen any for 102mm

imxlr8ed
2012.01.05, 06:11 PM
If you wanna run LMP class:

102mm+ prototype cars. Open motor. Plastic or Lexan. Lots of modification available and encouraged. 150g min (w/o batts)

I have some well-beaten 102mm LM bodies if someone needs to borrow one. If we are going to run all three classes, I would prefer that you guys show up with all three cars that day. Were not going to have time for someone to switch a car over to 102 from 98 or vice-versa.

I will also prefer to run these classes separately... I feel it would just go smoother and the racing would be better. Doesn't really make sense to have 4 racers on the track, 3 running GTS and one running LMP... just doesn't make sense to me. If one of us runs a class, we all run it.

With that said... are we definitely running all three classes?
You have an F1, right Greg?
Quinny... we can swap your car around to an LM whenever you bring your gear over. Larry... we'll prolly need your 102mm stockroom to browse and purchase, would be awesome for us all!

I am expecting a certain level of commitment to this series in case you didn't notice. :p Last time we ran HFAY, I kinda got left holding the RCP when nobody showed... just don't want to be in that spot again. We will nail down all the dates for our next race within the first week of each month.

miniznewb
2012.01.05, 06:53 PM
I'm down to run all three. My gts class is ready, f1 is about ready some parts coming and haven't found a motor mount yet but it will definitly be running. I'm am down to run LMP just have to know if we are running that before I order all the stuff for it

hilldebrandt
2012.01.05, 07:26 PM
I'm up for running all 3. Yes I have an F1 and it's ready to go, and I will have a LMP car ready in time.

Miniznewb, PN makes a 98 - 102 mm motor pod that will work with most disc dampers...that's what I'm using for LMP...

Oh and I AM comitted for the whole series...need some major track time ! LOL

lfisminiz
2012.01.05, 09:45 PM
Count me in for all 3. I have xtra LM bods also.

Justin, your best bet and easiest, get the PN Reconfigure pod. Give me a call before you order. I might have a piece or 2 to save you some money.

miniznewb
2012.01.05, 10:03 PM
this was the motor mount i was about to order.

https://kenonhobby.3dcartstores.com/PN-Racing-Mini-Z-MR0203-98-102mm-V4-LCG-Motor-Mount-Blue_p_42912.html

seams very similar to the pn 94-98 i run on my other 03 which im a fan of, i will prolly be giving you a call tomorrow or saturday to get some tips on the lm chassis

Dusty Weasle
2012.01.05, 10:17 PM
Hi guys, I just found this thread and if I understand correctly some drivers are planning to run LMP and GTS. While this is possible by splitting up Mains by class allowing a driver to run twice, this effectively makes you two different drivers. (Nothing wrong with that really, but you'd be racing against yourself for Overall Position in the standings :D).

Just so there is no confusion, there is not a separate LMP race and a GTS race. They are all scored together in a clockwise then anticlockwise race. How you break up your Mains (speed, class, or driver hair color) is up to each club, just like OLPS. (Minimum 3 cars start the race).

So you could for example run the clockwise race with an LMP only Main and two GTS only Mains of three cars each, but those results are still sorted together into one race to score from one pool of points. On the scoreboard drivers are categorized by Overall Position and Class Position from those results.

I hope this doesn't disrupt your plans. My hope is to to see a mix of classes across the clubs competing for points.

lfisminiz
2012.01.05, 10:24 PM
this was the motor mount i was about to order.

https://kenonhobby.3dcartstores.com/PN-Racing-Mini-Z-MR0203-98-102mm-V4-LCG-Motor-Mount-Blue_p_42912.html

seams very similar to the pn 94-98 i run on my other 03 which im a fan of, i will prolly be giving you a call tomorrow or saturday to get some tips on the lm chassis

That will work to. I might even have an xtra. Ill be around tomorrow after 4 for rest of night. Saturday ill be home off and on....no problem.

imxlr8ed
2012.01.06, 10:40 AM
this effectively makes you two different drivers. (Nothing wrong with that really, but you'd be racing against yourself for Overall Position in the standings :D).

Hey guys! We get to use all of our secret identities in LMP Class! :D

Fine with us Dusty!... the crew seems really geared up for this.

I may get some time to whip up a 102mm tonight. I'm thinking to run something like a Speedy07... I think much more than that iwould be overkill for these tracks. What motor are you planning to use Larry?

I did order 4 brand new HFAY Spec motors... I will now only use 2 of them so the other 2 will be up for grabs.

imxlr8ed
2012.01.06, 11:15 AM
Ok, have a better understanding now:

Quote from Dusty: "80MdM: Correct, exactly like OLPS, except now its two classes competing for the same 200 points each race. LMP has the power advantage, but GTS has the weight advantage."

So... if you run both, you may be taking points away from yourself! Cars are still in their respective classes but they all grab from the same points pool.

The CT70t motors are apparently legal for this series... if you've seen my Mazda down the backstretch, you may want to get one or two of these to have on-hand.

miniznewb
2012.01.06, 12:31 PM
well i let myself go alittle and just placed 4 orders should have everything i need though. :)
ill be running a 70t motor in all three classes atleast this first race as the only one i have and track time with is the gts class. a faster motor will only hurt me lol

imxlr8ed
2012.01.06, 02:13 PM
well i let myself go alittle and just placed 4 orders should have everything i need though. :)
ill be running a 70t motor in all three classes atleast this first race as the only one i have and track time with is the gts class. a faster motor will only hurt me lol

Been racing for years now and faster motors still hurt me too... don't worry, you'll be up to our speed soon.

lfisminiz
2012.01.06, 04:28 PM
Hey guys! We get to use all of our secret identities in LMP Class! :D

Fine with us Dusty!... the crew seems really geared up for this.

I may get some time to whip up a 102mm tonight. I'm thinking to run something like a Speedy07... I think much more than that iwould be overkill for these tracks. What motor are you planning to use Larry?

I did order 4 brand new HFAY Spec motors... I will now only use 2 of them so the other 2 will be up for grabs.

Hey Ed...im thinking a 50T in my LM at the most. Maybe even one of my faster 70T but i think 50T, pretty much the same as your running. I think thats plenty for this size track anyway.

hilldebrandt
2012.01.07, 06:54 PM
Ct 70 turns are hard to come by right now...sold out everywhere !!

lfisminiz
2012.01.07, 07:45 PM
Ill take the PNs. ALL the CT 70T i had/have glitch the crap out of my cars.:(

miniznewb
2012.01.07, 08:14 PM
I may have an extra ct70 you can use hilldebrandt as I think I just bought the last 2 from RR :) and I have another 2 here I believe, I heard people having trouble with them buy i have yet to have any myself.

Larry hey what's your number again I got a new phone and it must not have switched over, and I was able to grab the last of the RR arms I could find here at the shop so ill be good with those. Just wondering on the 03 I got from you is that the long king ping set up? I'm hoping that will fit under my lm body

imxlr8ed
2012.01.07, 10:50 PM
Talked to Gasman a day or two ago, and he likes the idea behind the Lemans style racing but thinks we should leave it mixed like the real series. What do you guys think? Do you want to run mains with GTS cars mixed with LMP cars... or keep them separate like Stock and Mod?

Personally, I think some fast cars trying to navigate around slower cars may cause issues and may get some tempers up a bit as well. If I would choose to drop my LMP on the track and start gunning for inside lines, it may cause some wrecks if the others aren't running the same wider lines. I'm not saying that it couldn't be done tactfully... I'm just saying that it may be a bit tougher for all of us.

I'm down for keeping them separate but if you guys feel differently, I'll gladly go that route!

hilldebrandt
2012.01.08, 04:39 PM
@miniznewb - Thanks. I may want to use it, but I think I'll stick with my PN's as I have a very couple of solid 70T's...

Ed, if we run the classes together there would be a problem, as I would be a hazard to you and Larry ! :eek:

Seriously, if we run together I would only run GTS then (and still be a hazard as well...hehe):p

But, whatever everyone decides is fine with me...

miniznewb
2012.01.08, 05:15 PM
I agree with hildebrandt, I would also be a hazard on the track.

imxlr8ed
2012.01.09, 12:03 AM
I was thinking I would be more of a danger... shoving slow cars out of the way because I don't know how to pass. (no really... I never took that class! ;) )

Just got my F1 straightened up for this series. I popped in my only CT70t and am impressed with the results. This is a really good F1 motor, the power is very smooth out of the corners, can't wait to get it into some traffic. Also starting to get my LMP up to speed as well, that involves getting some plastic and glue up front so it doesn't shatter like glass at every contact (it's a Porsche962). I would suggest to run the LM Mazda if you want an LM that lasts.

hilldebrandt
2012.01.16, 05:18 PM
Just ordered the PN 50T BB from Kenon for the LM Class...now to get a body ready ! :D

miniznewb
2012.01.16, 05:45 PM
Talked to Gasman a day or two ago, and he likes the idea behind the Lemans style racing but thinks we should leave it mixed like the real series. What do you guys think? Do you want to run mains with GTS cars mixed with LMP cars... or keep them separate like Stock and Mod?

Personally, I think some fast cars trying to navigate around slower cars may cause issues and may get some tempers up a bit as well. If I would choose to drop my LMP on the track and start gunning for inside lines, it may cause some wrecks if the others aren't running the same wider lines. I'm not saying that it couldn't be done tactfully... I'm just saying that it may be a bit tougher for all of us.

I'm down for keeping them separate but if you guys feel differently, I'll gladly go that route!
o great i also have the 962, well hopefully it last atleast for the first race lol.
i happen to have that one for some reason so ill use it till it cant be used.

imxlr8ed
2012.01.16, 06:00 PM
When I get home, I'm gonna start dremeling out some bumper reinforcements. I have enough to make a few so it's no prob to cut out some more.

lfisminiz
2012.01.16, 07:51 PM
Just glue the crap out of them and add a reinforcement piece inside of front end.;)

lfisminiz
2012.01.20, 04:51 PM
Ed...since you were on vacation, i assume you saw any updates on the upcomming race? All looks good.
Brush up and make sure you know how to run it.:rolleyes:

hilldebrandt
2012.01.27, 05:20 PM
Got my order in from PN, I'll be trying out the new gear diff come Sunday !

See ya'll then.... :P

imxlr8ed
2012.01.27, 05:37 PM
Got my order in from PN, I'll be trying out the new gear diff come Sunday !

See ya'll then.... :P

You just worry about getting your laps on buddy... don't be wrenchin all day! :p

That goes for all yall! Quinny, you better get here early to get your F1 together! I'm home tomorrow morning (Saturday) so feel free to stop over and wrench on this thing.

Larry, pick a car and stick with it... a few tenths isn't going to mean anything when you lap us 10 times each race!

And Justin... your job is to take out all of the orange, black and grey cars on the track as much as possible, I'm confident you're up to the challenge. ;)

miniznewb
2012.01.27, 07:25 PM
I got that ed, I have 2 new bodies with no scratches ill have to fix that. I just got 2 of the cars running today working on the 3rd but I should be good to go.

imxlr8ed
2012.01.27, 07:37 PM
Just picked up the balance of my track that I let an ex-racer borrow so were good to go on tiles. I forgot how much track he had of mine! Now I gotta fill up my shed again.

We'll definitely get those bodies a more race-authentic look by the end of Sunday Justin!

lfisminiz
2012.01.27, 09:41 PM
And ED...how about you make sure your ready to go bright and early!:p:D We got tune time. Tune till 12, eat, race by 12:30-1. That should be enough time....i think.:rolleyes::D

miniznewb
2012.01.27, 09:45 PM
Yea ed where starting at 8am this week right

imxlr8ed
2012.01.28, 08:21 PM
You knock on my door at 8am on a Sunday and it won't be me you'll have to worry about. She may may not tear your heads off... never can tell! :o

Track is going to be set up in the next hour or two... just have to cut around the pole yet.

lfisminiz
2012.01.28, 11:48 PM
See you guys tomorrow...10-10:30. IF anybody needs/wants any part that i might have to sell....let me know. Ill check before i go.:)

imxlr8ed
2012.01.29, 01:07 AM
Just got Quinns F1 figured out, had to trim and shim the potentiometer and rewire the whole thing.

Quinn... You have the top cover for the servo and front. Also the motor spacers? I hope so cause theyre not here!

Larry... Just in case, if you have any of the stock F1 spacers and parts... Please bring some if you can.

Just gotta vacuum tomorrow morning and rig up a pole deflector.

lfisminiz
2012.01.29, 10:14 PM
Good running and a good crowd. Matter of fact...alot of running. Next time we should be able to cut the day of racing much shorter.;) We still can finish between 5-6.:)

imxlr8ed
2012.01.30, 01:21 PM
Had fun yesterday, I think we all got a real good idea of what will face us for each of these coming events. The weight conformity for LMP is something I will address though... seems really outlandish to drop that much lead and pocket change onto a car that is supposed to be the "faster open" class.

My Porsche blew up after getting introduced to the pole by one of you guys, the hit was so hard that it even cracked the reinforcement plate in the nose! Lesson learned, I'm buying some shoe-goo and another white body to have on hand for the next event (maybe that's where all that extra weight was supposed to go? ;) ).

Welcome back to Tanner... you do drive better than I thought you would, you even nudged Justin out of the one A-main! Bring your stuff next time so we can get you updated!

Welcome back to Greg as well! Sucks your F1 went to intermittent power status, I can rewire it up for you if you want me to.

Results will be sent out tonight, hope we did well. I have a feeling we're going to be blown away though... don't know why. :o

hilldebrandt
2012.01.30, 07:37 PM
Yeah, it was a good race day despite my F1 going dead. I'll rewire it before the next raceday....

imxlr8ed
2012.02.01, 09:27 AM
Ok guys, 19th or the 26th...

Please post! I want to post the date before the end of the week.

miniznewb
2012.02.01, 09:50 AM
Either date is fine with me

hilldebrandt
2012.02.01, 04:34 PM
Both are fine with me, too...

lfisminiz
2012.02.01, 04:47 PM
Both should be good.

racerquinn#1
2012.02.01, 05:08 PM
here is the stock a-main race. other races should be on my youtube channel or on the side bar of video!!!

http://youtu.be/q0k087FZ724

imxlr8ed
2012.02.01, 11:13 PM
26th it is then! Thanks for being so prompt guys. I'd make it the 19th but I think my other half is planning something that Saturday night.

Oh, and feel free to stop on over to RCtech and RCuniverse to post on my threads there too! I swear people on those sites must think I'm racing with imaginary people! Just promoting our club... Figured maybe you guys would want to help. Search on "mini racing in reading"... they should pop up.

Thanks again for the vids Quinn, good work!

miniznewb
2012.02.01, 11:27 PM
If only you could edit the blue car. Lol I did find later my one jug nut came loose that why I could turn, o well

imxlr8ed
2012.02.02, 09:36 AM
Jug nuts?... :confused: :D

Sorry J, can't edit but at least you have more track to practice on! (and make sure you practice the other direction too!)

imxlr8ed
2012.02.03, 10:09 AM
Hey guys!... we got our a$$es handed to us!:

http://www.mini-az.com/isrldumans2012a.html#80MdM_2012a_Jan

:D

But hey, at least we have the top four drivers in LMP!!! ;)

lfisminiz
2012.02.03, 04:45 PM
Dont really think it was that bad. Its been awhile that we ran a more competitive format, let alone running in reverse. I know i left alot of laps on the track...especially in GTS. My Honda was awesome but the driver was off a bit.:p

miniznewb
2012.02.03, 05:53 PM
o yea ed we are dominating the LMP class haha. im just hoping to hit 50 next time out