PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Tekin 1/28th Nationals

Z_408
2012.01.06, 04:24 PM
Once again Inside Line Racing will be hosting the Tekin 1/28th Nationals. There will be some minor rule changes this year and a new class. We are in the process of finalizing the details. Please stay tuned.

Date: March 23-25, 2012

mleemor60
2012.01.06, 05:23 PM
Added to event calendar.

yasuji
2012.01.10, 08:33 AM
:Donce again inside line racing will be hosting the tekin 1/28th nationals. There will be some minor rule changes this year and a new class. We are in the process of finalizing the details. Please stay tuned.

date: March 23-25, 2012

ExCITED!:D

Z_408
2012.01.23, 05:58 PM
Classes for this years event:

Sportsman Stock (PN 70 Turn)
Pan Car Stock (PN 70 turn)
Modified GT
Pan Car Modified
Lone Mini-Zorro (PN 80 Turn)

Signs up we ready by the end of the week.

thanks.

Z_408
2012.01.24, 07:50 PM
Lone Mini-Zorro:

This class will be an attempt to recreate IROC style racing. In this class all contestants will use the same car and radio. Each qualifying round will be one minute in duration and the racer will qualify by them self. After each round the field will be cut in half. This will occur until the field is left with one racer. Every round will count. Racers will use their own batteries. This is a winner take all event.

Rules are subject to change.

twinkie
2012.01.25, 01:27 AM
lone mini-zorro:

This class will be an attempt to recreate iroc style racing. In this class all contestants will use the same car and radio. Each qualifying round will be one minute in duration and the racer will qualify by them self. After each round the field will be cut in half. This will occur until the field is left with one racer. Every round will count. Racers will use their own batteries. This is a winner take all event.

sugoi!!!!!

bermbuster
2012.01.25, 07:34 AM
Lone Mini-Zorro:

This class will be an attempt to recreate IROC style racing. In this class all contestants will use the same car and radio. Each qualifying round will be one minute in duration and the racer will qualify by them self. After each round the field will be cut in half. This will occur until the field is left with one racer. Every round will count. Racers will use their own batteries. This is a winner take all event.

Cant wait.....

Z_408
2012.01.26, 02:41 PM
Sign ups are ready. Second class free if you sign up and pay by January 31st. Will have new rules up soon. Just a few changes.

Sign-Up (http://insidelineracing.com/tekin2012.html)

thanks.

blt456
2012.01.31, 12:13 AM
Signed up and paid for pan and gt modified! Can't wait for this race!

yasuji
2012.01.31, 01:35 AM
signed up! paid! gt mod and pancar mod!:D

Z_408
2012.01.31, 01:10 PM
Just a reminder that today is the last day to sign up early and get your second class FREE. In order to qualify you must sign up and paid by the end of today. A handful of racers have already taken advantage of this offer. Only two months left.

color01
2012.01.31, 04:49 PM
Looks like Pan and GT Mod it is then. :) Gonna have to get a lot of new equipment for this race and mount tires like crazy though. :eek:

Z_408
2012.01.31, 09:33 PM
Only a few hours left to take advantage of the second class FREE. We already have 17 racers signed up. Looking to be a good turn out with still two months to go.

Romel_T23
2012.01.31, 10:48 PM

PNracing
2012.01.31, 11:20 PM
See you guys soon!

phea
2012.02.01, 12:41 AM
+1 gt mod & pan mod:)

wcrotty
2012.02.09, 07:40 AM
got my ticket. Can't wait for the event.

yasuji
2012.02.09, 08:54 AM
got my ticket. Can't wait for the event.

super sweet!:D

sinister129
2012.02.12, 11:26 PM
What is the schedule for each day?

wcrotty
2012.02.13, 09:04 AM
what are the body rules for this year?

changw414
2012.02.15, 02:18 AM
What does the schedule look like? is there a handout motor?

wcrotty
2012.02.15, 11:15 AM
Also any hotel information for us out of towners?

Z_408
2012.02.15, 02:41 PM
What is the schedule for each day?

Tentative schedule as of right now:
Friday: all day practice
Saturday: morning practice, qualifying
Sunday: last qualifier, mains

Z_408
2012.02.15, 02:44 PM
what are the body rules for this year?

Rules will be up later today.

Z_408
2012.02.15, 02:44 PM
What does the schedule look like? is there a handout motor?

Hand out motor for all stock classes.

Z_408
2012.02.15, 02:45 PM
Also any hotel information for us out of towners?

Working on a room block, should have information by the end of the week.

Z_408
2012.02.15, 02:57 PM
Attached are the rules for this years Tekin race. The only major change is the wing rule this year.

Good luck racer's, only a few weeks left for sign ups. Last day to sign up is February 29, 2012.

ucdinh
2012.02.16, 12:54 PM
Signed up see you guys there :-)

Z_408
2012.02.16, 06:28 PM

Sportsman Stock:
Tony Truong
Derrick Victoriano
Michal Palusinski
Mateusz Palusinski
Elliott Miyashiro
Ezra Gold
Christina Gold
George Strichen
Ellen O'Rourke
David Colbert
Kyle Colbert
Teresa Colbert
Will Chang
Fabian Fernandez
Michal Montuy

Pan Car Stock:
Tony Truong
Derrick Victoriano
Philip Ng
Elliott Miyashiro
carlito tuason
Ezra Gold
Christina Gold
George Strichen
Clint Yow
william crotty
Ray Cilloni

GT Modified:
Stephen Bui
Michal Palusinski
Mateusz Palusinski
Luke Melikian
grant matsushima
Philip Ng
Elliott Miyashiro
Romel Tuason
Brian Ma
carlito tuason
Romel Tuason
Ezra Gold
Chad Nelson
David Colbert
Kyle Colbert
Clint Yow
william crotty
Ray Cilloni
Peter Dinh
Binh Do

Pan Car Modified:
Stephen Bui
Luke Melikian
grant matsushima
Brian Ma
Romel Tuason
Chad Nelson
william crotty

Z_408
2012.02.22, 03:49 PM
Just got the room block finalized.

Reservation Link for Double-Double Rooms:
Courtyard San Jose Cupertino >>
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/SJCCU?groupCode=inlinlb&app=resvlink&fromDate=3/22/12&toDate=3/26/12

The cut-off-date of Monday, March 12, 2012 to receive the group rate.

PNracing
2012.02.22, 06:44 PM
Thanks, hotel booked. 89+9 tax

Z_408
2012.02.27, 08:07 PM
Just a reminder that the last day to sign up is February 29th.

This year's Tekin race format will change slightly. We will be having 5 rounds of qualifying. Qualifying rounds will be four-minutes long, only one round will count towards your qualifying position. Fours rounds will be on Saturday and the last chance qualifier will be on Sunday. Triple A-mains will be seven-minutes, lower mains will be five-minutes. Six spots are available in this years A-mains, no bumps. All lower mains will have a max of 5 cars and all mains will race for a trophy.

Less than a month to go. Good luck everyone.

Z_408
2012.02.29, 04:29 PM
Today is the last day to sign up.

Thank you to all the racers that have signed up. This is shaping up to be a great event.

Z_408
2012.03.12, 04:36 PM
Attached is the tentative schedule for the race weekend. It should not change much but might change slightly.

color01
2012.03.12, 10:06 PM
Binh, for the race weekend can you take me out of Pan Mod? I'm totally not prepared for it and would prefer not to become a moving chicane. :o Thanks!

Z_408
2012.03.13, 01:47 PM
Binh, for the race weekend can you take me out of Pan Mod? I'm totally not prepared for it and would prefer not to become a moving chicane. :o Thanks!

No problem. See you next week.

wcrotty
2012.03.16, 09:39 AM
ok i see this on the schedule "Trophy Presentations"

crossing my fingers Binh. hahaha

yowza
2012.03.22, 12:40 PM
The hardware is in and folks are laying claims already :D

And if last night’s clubs race is any indicator this weekend will bring out the competiveness in all of us. Should be some good racing. Good luck to everyone and let's have some fun!

phea
2012.03.23, 01:11 AM
Oh yeahhhhh Tekin comin... Friday gonna be busy.

yasuji
2012.03.26, 10:21 PM
well... back from the TEKIN NATIONALS had an awesome time with the ILR family!
it was a struggle all weekend to find a good rythem as both of my cars felt as if they were performing @ 75%
for PANCAR MOD we only had 7 registered drivers so the decision was made to run a random grid 7 races with each racer taking a turn at the tq spot!
great fun and all 7 racers ran at there top level but i knew i did not have the car to be in contention for the win.... i ended up 3rd 3rd 4th 5th 4th 6th i think came away with overall 4th!

in GT MOD every one was running close as can be as far as qualifying and lap times!
STEPHEN BUI taking the early TQ spot.... and in Q3 i had a super clean run grabbing the TQ spot by just over 2 sec
i managed to hold on to the TQ for the AAA Mains!
i knew i didnt have the pace to run away with it so i came up with a plan to control the pace from the front...
AND IT WORKED! i won A1 2nd in A2 and 3rd in A3
with the tie breaker giving me the over all win over PHILIP and BIHN!

btw! MOSLERS RULE!!!!!!!!!

i had a great time and cant wait for the next one! thank you to all that made this race possible!

color01
2012.03.26, 11:08 PM
Very nice job Grant! I royally screwed up my setup after Saturday, underestimating the amount of traction that would come up midway through Sunday, but still had fun making my way back from last place in the B. :) Lots of data gleaned from this race due to testing out a different setup every qualifier, I think I'll be able to make a good showing this year at RCX!

Thanks again Binh for hosting this race and to Philip and Tekin for sponsoring it!

twinkie
2012.03.28, 02:24 PM
this year was a blast.... and the fastest I have ever driven mod. Cant wait till RCX. Granted the mod car is not mine...but I have yet to return it. Pop's is letting me run it a bit more. I'm trying to sneak it back into my box for when I go to RCX. LOL

Z_408
2012.03.29, 04:07 PM
Thank you racers for making this event great, the level of competition was awesome. Big thank you to Philip at PN Racing for stepping up to the plate every time with the great sponsored prizes and supplying the motors for the stock classes. Thank you Reflex Racing, Atomic, iLap, and R1 Wurks for sponsoring the event with great prizes. Thank you to all the racers that helped behind the scenes, keeping the weekend running smooth. For everyone that traveled from far to race with us, thank you, you guys took the event to the next level.

In the sportsman stock class it took the entire triple A-main to determine the winner. Ezra Gold consistently set the fastest lap times of the day but was unable to put together a clean run in the mains. Gold held the fast lap of 8.66 seconds. Michal P. was your TQ and winner of the first A main. In A2 Montuy was able to stay out of trouble and take home the W. A3 came down to the wire with Dave C. taking the main in the final lap. When the smoke cleared, Montuy became this year’s Tekin Sportsman National Champion.

In pan car stock, Romel Tuason of PN Racing set the TQ and ran away with the first two mains and this year’s Pan Car Stock Tekin National title. This left A3 open for the remainder of the field to fight for second. It was a good race down to the wire with Ryan Crabb pulling out the victory. Cilloni held fast lap of 8.47 seconds.

In modified GT, the top four drivers in qualifying were within two seconds. Matsushima on his third run of the day managed to take home the TQ. In A1 Matsushima lead wire to wire and the first win. In A2, Matsushima lead for the majority of the race. A2 was a very close race, 5 of 6 drivers finished on the same lap. One simple bobble would drop you a few positions. Philip was able to edge out the A2 win with three laps to go. In A3, it was a sudden death race between Matsushima and Ng. This race also saw 5 of the 6 racers on the same lap at the finish line. With the stars in alignment this day, I was able to win A3 0.256 seconds in front of Ng for the A3 victory. Fast lap was set by Nelson with a 7.902 second lap and Stephen Bui with the second fastest time of the day with 7.911 seconds. Matsushima claims this year’s Tekin Modified GT title for the second year in a row.

In pan car modified we took a page out of the Reedy book and ran seven heads up races with each racer taking a chance at the pole. We ran four mains on Saturday and three on Sunday. Bui driving his pan car for the first time the since the PN Nationals in October was able to find his groove early. He was able to win three mains on day one. On Sunday, Nelson was hot early with the first two main victories with Bui coming in second both times. In the last main of the day, Tuason was able to stay clean and take home the victory. With the Tekin Pan Car Modified National Championship wrapped up and thirty seconds left on the clock, I announced that Nelson has set the fastest time of the weekend. Then I made a request for Bui to attempt to take down the fast time. Bui then complied and dropped the fastest lap of the weekend, 7.85 seconds. Stephen Bui is this year’s Tekin Pan Car Modified Nation Champion.

The racing was fun this weekend but the hanging out after the racing was as fun. These events are about having fun, winning is the bonus. I hope that everyone had a great time. Like always, we hope to leave you asking only one questions, “Hey Binh, when is the next one?.”

I will post results and pictures soon.

PNracing
2012.03.29, 07:29 PM
Can't wait to watching the video again.

paluch
2012.03.30, 01:52 PM
Great event as always. Thanks, Binh. Tons of fun. Can't wait for videos and the next one (when is KO coming?).

BTW. It's Michal P. :D

Z_408
2012.04.05, 08:26 PM
Modified GT: 1st: Grant M, 2nd: Philip Ng, 3rd: Binh D.
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/2012%20Tekin%20Nationals/IMG_3803.jpg

Pan Car Modified: 1st: Stephen B, 2nd: Romel T, 3rd: Chad N
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/2012%20Tekin%20Nationals/IMG_3786.jpg

Pan Car Stock: 1st: Romel T, 2nd: Ryan C, 3rd: The Crotty
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/2012%20Tekin%20Nationals/IMG_3778.jpg

Sportsman Stock: 1st: Michael M, 2nd: Dave C, 3rd: Michal P
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/2012%20Tekin%20Nationals/IMG_3766.jpg

More pictures and video to come.