PDA

View Full Version : Differences between MA-010 and MA-015

angel7692
2012.01.08, 09:02 PM
Hey All,

Do you know what the differences between the MA-010 and the MA-015 are?

Does the MA-015 have anything to do with the MR-015? And while we're on that topic is the MR-015 a cheaper Mini-Z? I see going online for about $100 for a body and chassis combo.

herman
2012.01.08, 10:58 PM
hmm...

i'll take a guess...
the ma-010 is the initial release of the awd mini-z chassis... they came in 27mhz am and 2.4ghz variants...

the ma-015 is the later version awd coming in 2.4ghz with the added feature of having a tiki-tiki and gyro options...

click here for more info on ma-015 c/o kyoshosan (http://kyoshosan.blogspot.com/2011/04/kyosho-new-mini-z-ma-015-awd.html)

machgo5go
2012.01.09, 12:08 AM
hmm...

i'll take a guess...
the ma-010 is the initial release of the awd mini-z chassis... they came in 27mhz am and 2.4ghz variants...

the ma-015 is the later version awd coming in 2.4ghz with the added feature of having a tiki-tiki and gyro options...

click here for more info on ma-015 c/o kyoshosan (http://kyoshosan.blogspot.com/2011/04/kyosho-new-mini-z-ma-015-awd.html)
IMO, advantages of MA-015 beside being 2.4GHz, it is the MR-03 Tiki-Tiki board with instant reverse and steering servo is coreless which means works with optional Gyro.

byebye
2012.01.09, 12:21 AM
To answer the last question about the MR-015 it was created to accomodate narrow bodies. The electronics and most hop-up parts are the same as the MR-012 except for the steering rod, chassis and small parts kit.

The chassis has the batteries stacked one on top of the other unlike the MR-02 which lays the battereies flat with a low CG design in comparison. The MR-015 handles much like the MR-01 because most of its chassis characteristics are the same. But realize that not all MR-01 parts are interchangable with the MR-015.

The reason the price is lower is because its probably an 27mhz AM car.

Kris

arch2b
2012.01.09, 01:52 PM
the differnce between the ma-010 and ma-015 is control board and top cover. the new control board is the latest 2.4asf tiki tiki board with ports on top which required the new top cover.

Traveler
2012.03.12, 04:22 PM
IMO, advantages of MA-015 beside being 2.4GHz, it is the MR-03 Tiki-Tiki board with instant reverse and steering servo is coreless which means works with optional Gyro.

Eddie, are you sure this is the MR-03 board with instant reverse AND coreless servo???

Been trying to get an anwer to the first part of this question in THIS (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37851) thread, but so far no one has been able to confirm 100%. Thanks!

Traveler
2012.03.12, 05:01 PM
I think this picture of the RA-23T board for the AWD confirms that the MA-015 does not use the coreless servo motor, so the only remaining question is has the reverse delay issue been corrected on this board and on the new RA-24T board that went into the new MZ-015?

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32724&stc=1&d=1331585972

dvsgod
2012.10.24, 02:59 PM
is there any difference on the awd chassis that act more like a solid rear axle or are they all independent suspensions? unlike the 1/10th scale im used to running, i heard the independents are not as responsive when it comes to drifting the minis. im only planning on buying one for myself so im trying to figure my best option for this platform. my wants for this class: drifting, awd, and as many body options as possible. I think i have the body fitment understood and most are under the 94mm and i noticed some of the chassis adjust for multiple lengths. so any body that has been doing it for awhile that can lead me into the most conservative direction without the trial and error breaking my bank would be greatly appreciated:D

ChiMiniRc
2012.10.24, 05:11 PM
is there any difference on the awd chassis that act more like a solid rear axle or are they all independent suspensions? unlike the 1/10th scale im used to running, i heard the independents are not as responsive when it comes to drifting the minis. im only planning on buying one for myself so im trying to figure my best option for this platform. my wants for this class: drifting, awd, and as many body options as possible. I think i have the body fitment understood and most are under the 94mm and i noticed some of the chassis adjust for multiple lengths. so any body that has been doing it for awhile that can lead me into the most conservative direction without the trial and error breaking my bank would be greatly appreciated:D

I can only speak from experience. When I was trying drifting with the mini-z it was very challenging. I had a 1/14 scale recoil drift car and it was easier so i'd only assume 1/10th would be that much easier. I realize a gyro may be considered "cheating" but you still have to get your angles and entry speeds right. With the gyro you at least get a smoother drift. I have seen videos of people doing great drifts without the gyro but having tried, the skill level is a bit beyond my reach.

With the gyro the standard ma-010, ma-015 rear end or the ma-015 with the DWS rear end where both great. My preference was with the DWS when the drift tires came off.

DWS with gyro - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCTsyeVyR3U
DWS without gyro - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bid66ZAbPcY

color01
2012.10.24, 06:12 PM
The solid axle minis are not smooth IMO, and DWS drifting is definitely the most refined as far as Mini-Z goes. Pricey though.

The trick to smooth drifting in 1/28 is simply high polar moment, the 90mm bodies with lots of overhang are the way to go. It sounds wrong but I have a Ferrari F40 waiting to go on my new MA015 lol...

dvsgod
2012.10.26, 02:02 PM
thanks for the reply ChMiniRc and color01. they have the gyro for the 1/10 scale but ive never touched it. Im totally into the challenge w/o on the z scale. for future preference the ma-015 dws with the tiki mode has the optional gyro "placement ready" right? And the ma-015's have the chassis length adjustable for the longer bodys and theyre the narrower of the two (ma-010 / ma-015), correct? and the price is steep but i'm only planning the one chassis. im getting my 10 year old one m-03 for xmas so i at least have to have one to race with him. thats why im interested in the most versatle so i can just change bodys for a change. my 1/10 collection is rediculous, no need to go far into this one. would u guys happen to know if the 2.4 tiki tiki works with any 2.4 controller? do i just need a three channel to take use of the speed boost when running the 70%?

DMALMAD
2012.10.26, 04:09 PM
Tiki Tiki only works with a three channel radio that is asf (specific to mini z) and when the car comes, the tiki tiki is not set, you have to change To tiki tiki mode py pressing the bind button I think...? also even if you don't get the ma-015 and instead you get the ma-010 you still need an asf radio (ex-5ur, kt-18,eurus, Helios, ex-1ur, ex-1kiy) all of those radios except for the kt-18 is tiki tiki compatible.

pfcparts
2012.10.26, 05:04 PM
So the newer 015s have a dedicated gyro port and "tiki tiki"
mode with no coreless servo motor? I'm wondering if those
options are really used at all? Doesn't seem like much of
an incentive to upgrade from 010s then...

Is it the same gyro used for the dnano (if they still have
those)?

parts

dvsgod
2012.10.26, 05:42 PM
so between the ma-010 and the ma-015 2.4 ghz is available for the radio. what about the body fitment? are they both mostly adjustable for the range of bodys (minus having to buy spare parts to adjust for certain lengths). and is the ma-010 available in dws as a readyset? i found the tx-less and bodyless chassis, but thats gonna be a couple extra dollars adding body and transmitter.

DMALMAD
2012.10.27, 12:39 AM
I think the ma-015 can do 94-98 stock??? or at least the audi r8 body chassis set is 98. But the stock ma-010 can do 90-94, but with 98 spurs and length blocks (sold by pn or atomic) you can easily do 98 mm and you can go from 90-98 since the parts are interchangable.

DMALMAD
2012.10.27, 12:45 AM
Also i forgot to mention, most bodies will fit if you have the right wheelbase, but some bodies will not fit over the Ma-010. Well at least for me i could not get the enzo ferreri body to fit, which is one of the tightest bodies, and i could fit the Mclaren which is somewhat tight. Lastly, if you are gonna drift, get a ma-010 specific body like the Subaru or the lancia, but if you are gonna race get the f430 or the Lambo. I could be wrong though this is just my opinion so if anybody has better body recommendations they are probably better than mine.

dvsgod
2012.10.29, 03:52 PM
thanks for that info. i have a couple interests in bodies, so thats why i was wanting to know the versatility of the chassis. instead of buying extra chassis just want to change bodies as i get bored. the honda hsv is awesome but ill probably end up with an s15 or r34 or the classic skyline