PDA

View Full Version : ASF Board Variations?

BlackBerry
2012.01.08, 11:58 PM
I have been searching with no luck. I am just curious as to how many different kinds of 2.4 boards there have been now, and what their differences are. Based on the very limited information I have found, I notice there is a MZ408 and then an MZ410 with "chase mode".

-Are there any other boards?

-What differences/updates were there if any other than chase mode in the ASF board variants? (ie: FETs)

-Of these boards, which ones were available in the MR-03?

-Is chase mode a physical difference on the board or can this be programmed on the regular boards?

Thanks,

BlackBerry

byebye
2012.01.09, 12:38 AM
I have been searching with no luck. I am just curious as to how many different kinds of 2.4 boards there have been now, and what their differences are. Based on the very limited information I have found, I notice there is a MZ408 and then an MZ410 with "chase mode".

-Are there any other boards?

-What differences/updates were there if any other than chase mode in the ASF board variants? (ie: FETs)

-Of these boards, which ones were available in the MR-03?

-Is chase mode a physical difference on the board or can this be programmed on the regular boards?

Thanks,

BlackBerry

-Don't know of any other boards. early versions of the 2.4ghz boards part numbers may very by chassis(mr-02, 015, 010, overland, monster, F-1).

-Only differences other than chase mode from what I recall is the coreless servo motor for the mr-03.

-Don't know the part numbers but I've only seen two versions, the newest utilizing the coreless motor and the chase mode.

-Don't remember seeing a physical difference but I haven't looked at them that closely. From searching I notice there isn't a gyro plug on the original asf conversions for MR-02/015 am cars. I don't believe this can be programmed however I do not recall the ability or inability for a firmware update.

Kris

BlackBerry
2012.01.09, 12:56 AM
Thanks for the quick reply Kris.

Regarding this "coreless" servo motor;

-Did all MR-03s didn't get them?

-What benifit does it have over the older servo motor?

-Can the coreless motor be installed on boards with the older servo motor?

-If yes to the above, is it simple "plug and play"? (for lack of better wording)

I just picked up an MR-03 non chase mode thinking there was only one board variant in the MR-03, hence all the questions. It was a good price so I can't complain, but I'll be kicking myself if its not capable of the latest "hardware" updates without changing the expensive board out. I can care less about chase mode. Sorry about all the questions, my only concern was FETs, this servo motor is news to me.

BlackBerry

blt456
2012.01.09, 01:04 AM
-Are there any other boards? For the 03, no.

-What differences/updates were there if any other than chase mode in the ASF board variants? (ie: FETs) I don't think there are any differences other than the chase mode. Haven't seen any differences in the product descriptions or when I have driven other people's cars (reg and chase mode boards)

-Of these boards, which ones were available in the MR-03? both

-Is chase mode a physical difference on the board or can this be programmed on the regular boards? there is a version c sticker on the board. can't be programmed on the regular 03 board.

Regarding this "coreless" servo motor;

-Did all MR-03s didn't get them? yes

-What benifit does it have over the older servo motor? I think it's smoother and faster. with the 03 board, servo motor, and servo assembly, it's a bit more precise than the 02 servo.

-Can the coreless motor be installed on boards with the older servo motor? Yes, I know someone who has an 02 board in his 03 chassis.

-If yes to the above, is it simple "plug and play"? (for lack of better wording) You need to solder small wires. so no, you have to do modifications to the board (probably voids the warranty)

I just picked up an MR-03 non chase mode thinking there was only one board variant in the MR-03, hence all the questions. It was a good price so I can't complain, but I'll be kicking myself if its not capable of the latest "hardware" updates without changing the expensive board out.

Don't trip. The chase mode board feels exactly the same as the regular 03 board. You aren't missing out on anything special. The chase mode is practically useless once you can control your car.

BlackBerry
2012.01.09, 01:30 AM
Thanks for the informative reply blt456, that answered all my questions. When I said "plug and play" I meant solder in, lol. Didn't know we got warranties with our cars?

So all I'm missing is chase mode, that's fine. Though it would have been fun to play around with for about 5 minutes :).

Thanks again,

BlackBerry

byebye
2012.01.09, 02:45 AM
So all I'm missing is chase mode, that's fine. Though it would have been fun to play around with for about 5 minutes :).

Thanks again,

BlackBerry

I feel the same way...

Kris

arch2b
2012.01.09, 01:57 PM
i started a PCB identification (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22736&highlight=identify+board) thread long ago but it's never taken off unfortunately. this could have been a very useful database.

there are numerous version of each board made, am, ad-band, 2.4 asf. kyosho apparently does not keep records as to what boards were produced, indentifying codes, etc. which i find very disappointing. i've asked them several times over the years and always told, information not available or we do not keep records for that.

PLEASE, if you have clear pictures of various PCB's, please post them to the linked thread.

imxlr8ed
2012.01.09, 04:13 PM
Maybe it never took off because we can't get to it?

Link keeps telling me that I'm not a priviledged individual... I need permission... I suck... blah, blah, blah... :rolleyes:

byebye
2012.01.09, 04:14 PM
Oops...

Kris

arch2b
2012.01.09, 05:45 PM
hmm, guess it was moved at some point. put it in mini-z science for now.

BlackBerry
2012.01.09, 07:25 PM
lol. Yeah, works now. I'm surprised after all these years of mini-z this information is not yet gathered. I'll post pics of my PCB+Box part numbers when I get the time.

Thanks arch2b.

BlackBerry