PDA

View Full Version : New KO Radio - KO Propo EX-1 K.I.Y.

ub0211042
2010.10.30, 01:47 AM
KO Japan replied and confirming the hand unit is causing the problem, new unit will be sent to me. 3 out of 8, thats a scary number :eek:. hope no one will experience this again.

oXYnary
2012.01.17, 04:30 PM
http://www.redrc.net/2012/01/ko-propo-ex-1-k-i-y-transmitter/

My questions are does it have USB/Computer capabilities and most important for here. Can it be set to run on ASF or FHSS per model since it has no module.

GIHOSU
2012.01.17, 04:50 PM
I just saw the release, very interesting to say the least. There certainly will continue to be programming capabilities. I wonder about Mini-Z support...

twinkie
2012.01.17, 04:53 PM
those look awesome... i would pimp one with a pink handle... its different, i like it.

EMU
2012.01.17, 05:04 PM
That radio looks sick. If it works with Mini-Z, this may be my next radio...

KO PROPO Staff
2012.01.17, 05:49 PM
It will have PC connection, but what the software does has not been released yet. This is only for the current FHSS system and not for Mini-Z.

I don't know what the plans are for Mini-Z yet. Might be a separate main unit that you change out.

arch2b
2012.01.17, 05:58 PM
looks interesting. it would be nice if it were mini-z compatible via module.

how does one change out components? are their diagrams yet?

oXYnary
2012.01.17, 06:16 PM
It will have PC connection, but what the software does has not been released yet. This is only for the current FHSS system and not for Mini-Z.

I don't know what the plans are for Mini-Z yet. Might be a separate main unit that you change out.

Thumbs up for the PC connection.

I hope the ASF can be dealt with with a firmware update, I know my Nomadio was able to take different 2.4 standards *until Horizon tried to sue them.

Shouldn't be any reason to have to use different hardware especially since KO would be for both for ASF and FHSS. Should be just reprogramming the radio chipset to broadcast/receive differently.

Do you know if the Moto MiniZ FHSS will work though?

josyskunk
2012.01.17, 08:36 PM
I was wondering when it will be released?

color01
2012.01.17, 10:15 PM
Bleeeegh 4AAA. :rolleyes: Unless KO has some clever tricks in the electronics department (I hope so!) this radio runs the risk of getting drowned out by the 11.1V and sometimes even 14.4V radios at the track!

TheSteve
2012.01.17, 11:11 PM
Bleeeegh 4AAA. :rolleyes: Unless KO has some clever tricks in the electronics department (I hope so!) this radio runs the risk of getting drowned out by the 11.1V and sometimes even 14.4V radios at the track!

The voltage is irrelevant, any/all 2.4ghz radios run the transmitters at 3 or 3.3 volts no matter the input voltage.

Anyway, I'll stick with Futaba...

color01
2012.01.18, 02:58 AM
While I've been told this as well, the last KT-18 I've owned had a significantly stronger signal with a 7.2V Li-ion replacing the stock 4.8V setup. My Eurus gets drowned out much less now after I replaced the 9.6V pack with an 11.1V LiPo. I can't explain that, so I'm going on my empirical data.

BlackBerry
2012.01.18, 06:38 AM
I'm I the only one that finds this thing hideously ugly? Maybe seeing one with black grips will change my mind. On second thought, no it won't.

J-Milz
2012.01.18, 09:43 AM
Looks like some Star Wars she-ite....Its uglyness make it even more attractive....if that's possible.:eek: Im also concerned about the compatability with other scales, since there is no removable modules. I run spektrum stuff in my larger scales, and was wondering if that will all become junk if I was to convert.

Gonzo007
2012.01.18, 12:49 PM
I'm I the only one that finds this thing hideously ugly?

Nope you are not the only one. I will stick with my 4pk.

Colin

TheSteve
2012.01.18, 01:46 PM
While I've been told this as well, the last KT-18 I've owned had a significantly stronger signal with a 7.2V Li-ion replacing the stock 4.8V setup. My Eurus gets drowned out much less now after I replaced the 9.6V pack with an 11.1V LiPo. I can't explain that, so I'm going on my empirical data.

Heh, I am afraid its just your imagination. Old school 27, 72 and 75 Mhz radios generally had more output with voltage though.

And yes, to answer other posts, the radio is ugly.

KO PROPO Staff
2012.01.18, 08:45 PM
To each his own on the way the Tx looks.

Voltage does not make a difference as the max output for FHSS is 100mW and as stated 3-3.3V is the operating voltage for a 2.4GHz chip set. 100mW is a FCC regulation for max output.

Most likely there will be a separate main unit for Mini-Z as the module components are different. The FHSS will not work with the Mini-Z bike as Kyosho used a different vendor for this system.

PC interface will be most likely for downloading/changing/saving data. No updates or changing modulation. Nomadio did offer that with their system and where are they now?

oXYnary
2012.01.18, 08:56 PM
Most likely there will be a separate main unit for Mini-Z as the module components are different. The FHSS will not work with the Mini-Z bike as Kyosho used a different vendor for this system.

THAT I did not know! Hmmm... Now Im wondering the quality of the moto if KO is out of the picture. :eek:

PC interface will be most likely for downloading/changing/saving data. No updates or changing modulation. Nomadio did offer that with their system and where are they now?

Making radios for the US military at the tax payers expense because it pays better. No wait, NOW it seems they have moved unto mobile networking. I guess they go where da money is. :D

Really though, Nomadio showed that modulation COULD be changed without modules for 2.4 radios. Anything else, is just a way for a manufacturer to get more money for "upgrades".

Chicken Little
2012.03.13, 09:51 AM
So what's the word about being able to use this also for the mini-z application? It would be a big disappointment to the community if it's the otherwise. :rolleyes:

KO PROPO Staff
2012.03.13, 12:37 PM
KO Japan is working on a separate "Main Unit" for mini-Z that will have only functions for the mini-Z. This we will probably not see until the end of the year.

oXYnary
2012.03.13, 05:41 PM
Super, so basically you have to have a separate radio just for Mini-Z. The main module has the cpu and screen and thats the most expensive part (and uneeded if they had engineered the system to take be firmware 2.4 switchable or at least take additional modules) So you have to buy two $500 radios versus one for all classes. :rolleyes:

KO really shot themselves in the foot.

KO PROPO Staff
2012.03.13, 05:58 PM
Super, so basically you have to have a separate radio just for Mini-Z. The main module has the cpu and screen and thats the most expensive part (and uneeded if they had engineered the system to take be firmware 2.4 switchable or at least take additional modules) So you have to buy two $500 radios versus one for all classes. :rolleyes:

KO really shot themselves in the foot.

Having two modules in the main unit was not possible, as I have told you before they are different modules.

The main unit for mini-Z will be sold separately or as a complete transmitter set.

Chicken Little
2012.03.13, 10:09 PM
My plan was to buy this radio if conversion for Mini-z was possible, but by what's been said so far, it's gonna be a very expensive option to have if I also wanted to use it for other application non mini-z related. Not really an option to splurge on in this economy. Just another reason for the waining interest in Mini-Z racing.

Felix2010
2012.03.14, 03:28 AM
KO Japan is working on a separate "Main Unit" for mini-Z that will have only functions for the mini-Z. This we will probably not see until the end of the year.
1st let me say -
I like KO PROPO Txs. I have a Helios and an EX-1UR. I am driving the EX1-UR more lately so I skipped the Eurus instead I figured on waiting for the post-Erus Tx.

Dear KO PROPO - Please, why is Mini-Z an afterthought? I am exclusively running Kyosho Mini-Z Scale right now. Mini-Z is not waning in my opinion; Just the opposite - Mini-Z has never been as big:D. With All the KO Propo Professional Txs we Mini-Z guys purchase, why do we not get to have the best stuff you guys(KO) have to offer when it is available for 1/10/etc scales? I like this EX-1 KIY very much but it really bums me out to have you guys put what seems to be half-effort for us Mini-Z scale drivers.
Im looking forward to buying an EX-1 KIY for Mini-Z when it becomes available:) Awesome Tx:D

marc
2012.03.14, 10:27 AM
Radios are meant to be more functional then attractive. The cars we race can be as attractive as we want them to be, but I'm not not as concerned about the appearance of the radio as I am about it's usability, and comfort level.

KO PROPO Staff
2012.03.14, 01:47 PM
Guys, 80% of the functions in the EX-1 KIY would not be used for mini-Z and seemed a waste. They are working on a "dumbed" down version for the mini-z.

As for feeling like we have not focused on the mini-z you are correct. We have to look at the grand total in units sold and the mini-z market is big, but not as big as the 1/10 & 1/8 market and that is where we had to focus first.

Please be patient and the result will be worth the wait.

egonzalez
2012.03.14, 02:44 PM
Guys, 80% of the functions in the EX-1 KIY would not be used for mini-Z and seemed a waste. They are working on a "dumbed" down version for the mini-z.

As for feeling like we have not focused on the mini-z you are correct. We have to look at the grand total in units sold and the mini-z market is big, but not as big as the 1/10 & 1/8 market and that is where we had to focus first.

Does the lack of function have anything to do with the current boards? In theory, if you make the radio and the board, shouldn’t the function compatibility between the two be a little higher than 20%. This might require a new board??? Will we be losing functionality by going to this radio? What functions are you talking about specifically? I totally understand that you need to prioritize resources to build/design radios that are going to sell in the masses. I also appreciate that you build/design radios that work with the MiniZ community. No other manufacture has done this and that’s why I only run KO.

EMU
2012.03.14, 05:29 PM
I too have found KO radios to be the best radio for Mini-Z. I currently own 2 Helios radios, and have been thinking about getting a Eurus, but want to see if what comes to market will be better suited for Mini-Z. I have over 30 cars, and use a seperate model memory for each one. Having the data card helps transfer my settings from one radio to another. Especially if someone is borrowing a car and has a Helios, I can just give him my settings and he can just drive instead of having to adjust the radio for an hour...

Having a feature to transfer this data can be VERY useful in our community, where racers tend to lend/share cars MUCH more often than larger scales. Perhaps even a function to export settings to a computer, so you can email them to a racer across the country... Or you can store your settings if you ever need to reset your radio/send it in for repair.

I would also like a little more control of the throttle linearity, more points to adjust. I sometimes have to use punch with curve and throttle trim to get it to feel right. A display graph would be nice for this...

If the radio will be specific to Mini-Z, I think that it will be necessary to include a drag brake adjustment. This should have been included on the bios of the ASF boards, but it was decided to include Virtual Inertia instead, which everyone that I know disables.

All ASF boards should be able to work with increased drag brake provided by the radio with small adjustment in programming, if you release to neutral, it should be able to apply as much brake as you set, if you double tap brake, it switches to reverse. We are currently using throttle trim to do this, and it is really a pain as the window for adjustment is rather small before reverse is lost.

Felix2010
2012.03.14, 08:49 PM
KO PROPO Staff - Thank you for the reply, and I apologize if my first MSG sounded harsh, I meant it sincerely and simply-put. I appreciate your understanding.

I like your radios and really like the EX-1 KIY style. I fully intend to by one when they are available:D

The only other thing is, you said we Mini-Z drivers would only use 20% of the KIY functionlity; And then another member asked why only 20% when KO makes the boards for Mini-Z and the Txs? Is this a little bit strange when you stop and think about it for a second?

I would say most Mini-Z drivers use more than 20% than the functionality of their high-end Ko Radios for Mini-Z racing.:) It would be great to have more Mini-Z tailored functionality to the EX1 KIY if KO is doing a "dumbed-down version.

KO PROPO Staff
2012.03.14, 11:05 PM
Guys the EX-1 KIY is a 4 channel system. There is 2-way, 3-way, 5-way, analog, 4WS mix, AMP mix and throttle mix for the 3rd and 4th channel. These would never be used for mini-z. This is what I was getting at.

They are working on a main unit that will be tailored to the mini-z and functions that can be used with it.

EMU- Drag Brake has been available on the EX-10 Eurus. Graphs are displayed on the EX-1 KIY and there is a PC interface to download/upload your settings.

chad508
2012.03.14, 11:23 PM
i have the eurus and have missed this drag break setting. what is it labeled as. its not something i normally play with but would like to see if it could come in handy

mleemor60
2012.03.15, 07:08 AM
Guys the EX-1 KIY is a 4 channel system. There is 2-way, 3-way, 5-way, analog, 4WS mix, AMP mix and throttle mix for the 3rd and 4th channel. These would never be used for mini-z. This is what I was getting at.

They are working on a main unit that will be tailored to the mini-z and functions that can be used with it.

EMU- Drag Brake has been available on the EX-10 Eurus. Graphs are displayed on the EX-1 KIY and there is a PC interface to download/upload your settings.

Now if you just had something that is left hand compatible.

Chicken Little
2012.03.15, 08:38 AM
Now if you just had something that is left hand compatible.

The KIY is left handed compatible

KO PROPO Staff
2012.03.15, 03:42 PM
The drag brake is called nut brake for neutral brake.

Left handed grip unit will be available in July.

cdog4w
2012.03.27, 07:49 PM

Why, oh why do manufacturers refuse to create an updated module spec? The main unit really should not have included the transmitter deck. I understand you like it when we buy a whole new radio, but I hope you understand that we like *not* doing that and being able to use one radio for every RC we own. It seems counter to your "build your perfect radio" concept of the KIY too (which I love otherwise).

Can you say if [internally] there is a digital signal we could intercept? I know the futaba 4pk has an internal serial data stream that can be used :)

Bodom
2012.03.28, 04:04 AM
I cannot understand why there is a separate radio system for Mini-Zs in the first place :confused:
I understand that every radio manufacturer has it's own standard for 2.4GHz systems and they claim their system is fastest and most advanced.
But why Ko Propo makes two standards for 2.4GHz itslef :rolleyes:

Second - why the Mini-Z Motorbike doesn't come with ASF system? (oops, this might be actually a question for Kyosho itself)
And now for the K.I.Y. - W.T.F. ? Kill yourself with a hammer ?
Super high-end expensive missile launcher that has to change the main unit to control different type of missiles :confused:
To me its a brilliant idea but born lame.:mad:

cdog4w
2012.03.28, 04:36 PM
I cannot understand why there is a separate radio system for Mini-Zs in the first place :confused:
I understand that every radio manufacturer has it's own standard for 2.4GHz systems and they claim their system is fastest and most advanced.
But why Ko Propo makes two standards for 2.4GHz itslef :rolleyes:

Second - why the Mini-Z Motorbike doesn't come with ASF system? (oops, this might be actually a question for Kyosho itself)
And now for the K.I.Y. - W.T.F. ? Kill yourself with a hammer ?
Super high-end expensive missile launcher that has to change the main unit to control different type of missiles :confused:
To me its a brilliant idea but born lame.:mad:

They get faster response for cheaper. As KO pointed out, mini-z only needs 2 channels, so sending 4 channels in a generic (1/10 capable) transmitter is taking up valuable framerate time for mini-z. Enter tiki-tiki and you have a third channel, but I'd bet they kept it to 1 bit digitally to keep the speed up. Enter the moto, they need that 3rd channel to be proportional and thus the new radio format.

This is speculation though :)

d1nzfe
2012.05.17, 12:56 PM
And the ASF 2.4ghz module is official... :D

arch2b
2012.05.17, 01:09 PM
worth noting...

Repair Policy
All EX-1 KIY systems will have a serial number for each region that it is sold in. This will be used to know where the system was purchased. So if you need any service the Tx will have to be sent back to the region from where it was originally purchased.
All repair service must be sent to the region where it was originally purchased.
KO Japan will only accept international repairs from the regional distributor.

TheRinger
2012.08.09, 12:39 PM
Has anybody tried this radio with the mini z module yet? Just notice some places have it in stock.

chad508
2012.08.09, 12:57 PM
I would like to but I have been hearing a lot of bad stuff about it being to top heavy. And at 500 bucks it's a big gamble.

josyskunk
2012.08.09, 02:00 PM
I have ordered one from Japan and have been using for a week now.
The followings are my personal opinion and I am not trying to affect the sale of otherwise really nice radio
Yes, it is top heavy and especially noticeable when my last radio was a 4PKs with Li fe battery.
Then I "upgraded" with the balance weight at the bottom, replaced the 3D drop down with the standard steering unit. (The 3D drop down is rather nice but it is just too heavy and make the already top heavy radio really off-balance.) The balance is "OK" now. However the weight still on the high side still need some getting used.
KO suppose to release Li Fe/Lipo battery soon but I dont think it will help the balance because the battery sits inside the handle which is the lower part of the radio.
Also the larger hand grip is A MUST. The original is way too small even for my small hand.

On the good side, the response time is crazily fast and I have to tune to 60% steering speed to get the same feel as my 4PKs (does that mean it is 40% faster than the 4PKs which is 901sm module :rolleyes:)
Also, the steering and throttle are more linear and seemed to have higher resolution.( all personal feel without any scientific evidence)

Overall I am happy with the radio but expected more since previous EX1 had really good balance
p.s.anyone interested in a brand new (only used for 20mins) 3D drop unit, pm me

yasuji
2012.08.09, 11:03 PM
been doing testing with this radio and all i can say is WOW!!
I am a MARS driver... haven't found a any radio that suits my driving style like the KoPropo Mars
TILL NOW!!... the kiy is a few oz heaver than my mars but the adjustability and response of it makes me faster and more consistent than i can be with the mars... the size and the weight will take a little getting used to but for me it os a great trade off!
:D

ub0211042
2012.08.16, 06:05 PM
Hi guys,

I bought the KIY from Japan few days back, and i've encountered some BIG problem. My car runs by itself...at first i taught it was my car problem. It wasn't, its the KIY.

In the monitor view, u can actually see what each channel are doing and in my case...the TH bar flickers left and right without me holding the TH trigger.

I've tried factory reset, adjust TH, adjust trim...i works only for a while and the problem will happen again. I tried swap with my friend's Hand unit and it works flawlessly.

Hope someone can shed some light on this, thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1nLZScXfpI

KO PROPO Staff
2012.08.16, 06:19 PM
If you have performed the Adjust TH (enter the function, pull full throttle, push full brake, back to neutral) and press and hold the enter button. Compete will be shown and you will be taken back to the System Menu.

If you have done this correctly and still have problems, then the throttle pot might be damaged and you should send it back to where you purchased it to get fixed or replaced.

ub0211042
2012.08.16, 06:25 PM
If you have performed the Adjust TH (enter the function, pull full throttle, push full brake, back to neutral) and press and hold the enter button. Compete will be shown and you will be taken back to the System Menu.

If you have done this correctly and still have problems, then the throttle pot might be damaged and you should send it back to where you purchased it to get fixed or replaced.

Yes, i've did all that and still having problem...OMG have to send it back to Japan then :(. is this a rare case or happen to other ppl before?

KO PROPO Staff
2012.08.16, 06:45 PM
This is why you should purchase from your local shops (distributor) in case there is a problem.

It is rare, but can happen as nothing is perfect.

ub0211042
2012.08.16, 07:07 PM
This is why you should purchase from your local shops (distributor) in case there is a problem.

It is rare, but can happen as nothing is perfect.

thanks for ur reply, lesson learned :o

RC.DNA
2012.08.31, 11:59 PM
A friend of mine got the exact same prob. He has it returned to local reseller and had a full refund. It's a faulty Master Unit.

RC.DNA
2012.09.01, 12:02 AM
BTW, just ship it back to Japan for a fix. Supposedly you just need to pay the shipping fees.

ub0211042
2012.09.01, 12:39 AM
sent mine to KO Japan, they cover the shipping both ways thank god for that.
Now still in Japan and waiting for them to check whats the problem.

RC.DNA
2012.09.02, 01:33 AM
good to hear that. By the way, the problem seems not to be uncommon. In the track here, 3 out of 8 EX-1s have the same issue. It turns out that it's the grip handle that causes it and the Master Unit is fine, as at least in our 3 cases. And we notice that the packing of the grip unit is bad with inadequate protection, which might be the reason for broken grip unit during shipping.

Anyway, we have explained this to the local reseller in Hong Kong and ask them to reflect the situation to KO.

josyskunk
2012.10.06, 04:02 AM
I have a question about the throttle high point, for the standard 1/10 radio using mini z module, the throttle high point is set at 60%( according to KO web site) then what is the throttle high point for KIY EX1 ASF for Mini Z, does the default setting take into account that it is for Mini Z (since it is specially made for mini z only) and using the default setting (which is 100) will use the full range of ESC on the Mini Z board ?

ub0211042
2012.10.06, 04:11 AM
I have a question about the throttle high point, for the standard 1/10 radio using mini z module, the throttle high point is set at 60%( according to KO web site) then what is the throttle high point for KIY EX1 ASF for Mini Z, does the default setting take into account that it is for Mini Z (since it is specially made for mini z only) and using the default setting (which is 100) will use the full range of ESC on the Mini Z board ?

i put mine at 100...u can try pulling full throttle then hear the RPM....will peak at 100...

Rune
2012.10.14, 01:23 PM
Voltage does not make a difference as the max output for FHSS is 100mW and as stated 3-3.3V is the operating voltage for a 2.4GHz chip set. 100mW is a FCC regulation for max output.

The manual says: Use batteries which have adequate remaining capacity. Weak
batteries mean lower transmitting power and may result in
malfunctions.

Does it support unregulated 7,4 lipo?
Does it have the same output power as the Euros?

unearthed name
2012.10.15, 12:06 AM
no rune. i think KIY has more power than euros right now. with Greece crisis and all.lol.

and i think it's the same between KIY and eurus.

Rune
2012.10.15, 03:07 AM
no rune. i think KIY has more power than euros right now. with Greece crisis and all.lol.

and i think it's the same between KIY and eurus.
Haha:p
Not easy to write the correct name...:o

But what you say are that the EX10 Eurus has lower transmitting power than the new EX1.
Can Ko Propo confirm this?

KO PROPO Staff
2012.10.16, 06:58 PM
The manual says: Use batteries which have adequate remaining capacity. Weak
batteries mean lower transmitting power and may result in
malfunctions.

Does it support unregulated 7,4 lipo?
Does it have the same output power as the Euros?

You can use a 2S Lipo for the EX-1 KIY, just make sure you set it to the correct battery mode being used so that you get the correct low voltage warning.

The output is the same as the Eurus due to FCC and international frequency broadcasting regulations.

Rune
2012.10.17, 08:56 AM
Thanks a lot.
Any info on when the lipo pack are scheduled for release?

machgo5go
2012.10.27, 07:58 AM
Hi guys,

I bought the KIY from Japan few days back, and i've encountered some BIG problem. My car runs by itself...at first i taught it was my car problem. It wasn't, its the KIY.

In the monitor view, u can actually see what each channel are doing and in my case...the TH bar flickers left and right without me holding the TH trigger.

I've tried factory reset, adjust TH, adjust trim...i works only for a while and the problem will happen again. I tried swap with my friend's Hand unit and it works flawlessly.

Hope someone can shed some light on this, thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1nLZScXfpIKO Propo America took care of it under warranty in faulty Trigger repair service & Great turnaround time also.

yasuji
2012.10.27, 09:16 PM
KO Propo America took care of it under warranty in faulty Trigger repair service & Great turnaround time also.

glad to hear it!

yahuzz
2012.11.23, 10:06 AM
Is still possible to use MINIZ ASF Setting Card with EX-1?
i wasn't able to find any information about it...
And in case it cannot be used with, is there another solution?
thanks a lot

KO PROPO Staff
2012.11.26, 01:02 PM
Is still possible to use MINIZ ASF Setting Card with EX-1?
i wasn't able to find any information about it...
And in case it cannot be used with, is there another solution?
thanks a lot

The EX-1 KIY does not use the ICS card system. You can use the hand setting programmer with the ICS cards is your other option.

Grampah
2013.06.28, 07:48 AM
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone can tell me how or if the ex-1 v2 asf supports reverse I cant see anything in the manual going to be very frustrating if a unit made for mini z has no reverse . Hope someone can put me in the right direction. Thanks Greg

chad508
2013.06.28, 08:27 AM
i dont have version 2 but it should have reverse.probably just need to rebind or check your settings.

KO PROPO Staff
2013.06.28, 11:51 AM
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone can tell me how or if the ex-1 v2 asf supports reverse I cant see anything in the manual going to be very frustrating if a unit made for mini z has no reverse . Hope someone can put me in the right direction. Thanks Greg

There is reverse. As chad508 mentioned, you will have to check your settings. Make sure you do not have your brake high point set too high.

Also remember that you have to brake and then go back to neutral and then brake again to engage reverse.

Grampah
2013.06.29, 01:10 AM
Hey thanks guys ,got it done. It was my throttle brake settings. Much appreciate the advice..
Man this **** is addictive (-:

cheriesland
2013.07.12, 07:28 PM
Today i have experiencing problem with steering trim, it was suddenly add trim itself to right (sometimes to left) and it happen many times. Already done with plug and unplug steering extension, replacing new batteries, all reset but seems not solved the problem. My EX-1 only for Mini-z.
Anyone has same experience with me? Please help to solve this problem...

Dave

Rune
2013.07.13, 05:36 AM
Sad to hear.
Have you tried to recalibrate it?

I have to say I have experienced a lot of problems with these radios myself.
3 grip units: Throttlepot bad.
1 steering unit: Broken steering wheel adapter
1 main unit: Loosing bind when car is about 5 meters away
1 main unit: Non functioning menu button (Bad soldering)
1 main unit: Resetting itself when I was driving.

cheriesland
2013.07.13, 01:21 PM
already done with recalibrate, however problem still happen..
maybe I will ask distributor here for this issue.. perhaps they can do repair or got replacement..

yasuji
2013.07.14, 10:52 AM
Today i have experiencing problem with steering trim, it was suddenly add trim itself to right (sometimes to left) and it happen many times. Already done with plug and unplug steering extension, replacing new batteries, all reset but seems not solved the problem. My EX-1 only for Mini-z.
Anyone has same experience with me? Please help to solve this problem...

Dave

what chassis? have you checked the steering servo?can you see this on the display?

chad508
2013.07.14, 12:04 PM
you could also go into the menu and cut off the trim adjustments from the wheel, just to make sure they are not getting hit by accident.

cheriesland
2013.07.14, 04:03 PM
what chassis? have you checked the steering servo?can you see this on the display?

EX-1 asf ver.1, i tried with 3 different MR-03 still got same result

you could also go into the menu and cut off the trim adjustments from the wheel, just to make sure they are not getting hit by accident.

I know that.. Funny thing is when i did 'little tap' on near steering extension, suddenly trim adjust by itself.. Already try with new steering but seems not solve the issue

Felix2010
2013.08.23, 02:37 AM
I don't know if this has been explained but has the EX-1 K.I.Y. (Now Ver.2) ASF 2.4gHz signal speed increased over the previous Flagship KO PROPO TX, the EX-10 EURUS ASF 2.4Ghz Tx?? How is the signal processing different, or the same? Thanks for the info, Best Regards!:D

quazster
2014.02.07, 07:12 AM
About the speed of the link, there is no noticeable difference between Eurus and KIY. The KIY seems has more resolution in the A-D conversion of the throttle and steering pot and this translates to somewhat smoother feel in some situations.

By the way, the KIY has shares the same module with the bone-stock KT18 transmitter and the RF-901SM and RF-902SM modules:

http://quaz.jkr.fi/mini-z/KIY-module.jpg

Inside KIY

http://quaz.jkr.fi/mini-z/KT18-module.jpg

Inside KT18

http://quaz.jkr.fi/mini-z/RF901-SM.jpg

Inside RF-901SM

Some 5 guys at our club have been using KIY. Everybody has had some problems and the need to modify their transmitters and replace parts to get them to work. One of our guys has gone through 5 main units and 4 steering units... The throttle and steering goes bad at some point in all the versions, even the version 3 is riddled with problems. The problem is of mechanical kind and just bad design. And other of our guys went through 3 left hand grip units and when the 3rd broke, he bought Futaba 4PKS. There is real quality issues that KO should just admit.

The Eurus and older Ko Propos have none of these issues and have proven to be ultra reliable transmitters. I have had only one memory place go corrupt in my Eurus but this was totally my own fault and was indicated in the manuals.

dameetz
2014.10.01, 12:49 PM

I just bought this radio the latest version 3, I too have the same question as the above quote. From bench test the rpm would peak at 80 hi point travel, is this correct?

lfisminiz
2014.10.01, 12:55 PM
Seems to be in the 70-80 area.

dameetz
2014.10.02, 12:09 PM

Thanks for the info

Racer-HH
2015.01.26, 06:57 AM
Just recently bought a new KIY v3 ASF TX.

Now I have the situation, that one car looses binding on training day after approx 10 laps, needs rebinding and works fine just for the rest of the day. This happend two weeks in a row.

It only happens to my VE car on memory slot #6. I still need to check the same car with a different memory slot, but all other cars just work fine on their respective slots.

Any ideas from your side? Return for exchange? Other diy options?

lfisminiz
2015.01.26, 11:03 AM
I havent had any problems with this version or KIY but i know on my Helios i had a similar problem. That model might get corupt on that peticular model #. I had sent it back and they re-flashed it. If its this, try that car on a different model....# 11 or whatever, see if its opk on that one.

dwight
2015.01.26, 04:37 PM
I have two KIY radios and one of them won't bind on a few of my channels. I sent it back to KO for the firewall issue I was having and after they fixed that the KIY worked fine on every channel.

KO PROPO Staff
2015.01.27, 02:53 PM
Just recently bought a new KIY v3 ASF TX.

Now I have the situation, that one car looses binding on training day after approx 10 laps, needs rebinding and works fine just for the rest of the day. This happend two weeks in a row.

It only happens to my VE car on memory slot #6. I still need to check the same car with a different memory slot, but all other cars just work fine on their respective slots.

Any ideas from your side? Return for exchange? Other diy options?

If it's just a particular model memory I would try another to see if you have the same problem. If you don't have a problem on another model memory, then try to reset the problem model memory. I doubt that changing a model memory would solve your problem if all the others are working correctly. It might be something with the car's board.

dwight- never heard of a "firewall" issue, maybe your RF board had a problem and was re-programmed to correct and corruption issues.

Harold996tt
2015.07.05, 11:08 AM

Strangely for mine I need to be well above 70 to get full rpm.