PDA

View Full Version : 3pks/asf module integration like 4pk possible?

fishcake
2012.01.30, 04:26 AM
i have been readin the forum to add the KO PROPO RF-901SM ASF module into futaba 4pk.

the power, ground and ppm signal cables are connected to the DSC port of the 4pk. and all you need to do is to switch on the radio in LCD only mode and the PPM signals are sent to the ASF module via the DSC ports.

my question is.. can we do the same for the 3PKS?
being a neat freak, i have integrated a spektrum HRS module in my 3PKS. and i play 1/10 and 1/8 frequently, just hoping i could rotate my 3pks with my mini-z without having to remove my spektrum HRS module.

Does anyone knows how to do it?

TheSteve
2012.01.31, 05:16 PM
The 4PK mod does not use the DSC port directly, it uses the same data however its inverted.

I believe the 3PK has a display only switch(I know the 3PJ does so the 3PK should as well) So you'd just need to connect the power for the MiniZ module to some place that gets turned on by that switch. The ground is common as is the PPM/HRS data output between the two modules.

fishcake
2012.03.11, 03:17 PM
hey thanks for the reply!
saw your 'how to' thread on moddin the 4pk/4pks.
and you connected the 901sm module with a servo wire.
can i assume that you have connected the 901sm terminals with the appropriate colours?

as in, the white wire actually goes to the signal pin, black to ground and red to power?

i have stripped down my 3pks, but sadly, there aren't any pins like the ones in 4pks. so i thought i'll just solder the signal wire directly to the dsc port.

TheSteve
2012.03.11, 09:58 PM
Yes, white is signal, red is positive and black is negative.
The DSC port will not work as the data is inverted from what you actually need.
Without opening a 3PK to analyze it further the best connection points to use are the same ones a normal plugin module uses. Of the 5 pins you only need 3 of them and they will be in the same order in the 3PK that they are in the 4PK.

The only thing that will be different then the 4PK is that both the internal model and the plugin module will always be active and transmitting when the power is on.

fishcake
2012.03.12, 01:06 AM
hmm.. okay, so my best would be to connect the -ve pins to a switch and have them manually switched to the preferred one?

TheSteve
2012.03.13, 03:26 PM
You could cut the trace on the PCB leading to the module positive connection pin and then add a two position switch that can send power to the original module pin or the MiniZ module.