PDA

View Full Version : 90-94mm MM mount #MR9094

gctkaz
2012.02.01, 07:38 PM
Hello gentlemen,

I purchased this mount (http://www.kenonhobby.com/PN-Racing-Mini-Z-MR015MR02-90-94mm-MM-Motor-Mount-Orange_p_42817.html) from Kenon.

I can see they have it set up for a Mini Cooper, but for the life of me the shortest I can get this is only to 94mm.

I tried fitting this on two different MR-015 chassis. One is a bare 015 ASF RM chassis, the other was a VW Golf R32 i-series with HM. On both of these, if I set the T-bar all the way in, I still only get 94mm.

How can I get this to 90mm? Did PN lie to me or do I need a shorter T-bar?

One more thing, this came with two countersunk screws for the motor, and the rest of the screws are the same size - too long to screw in the part that attaches the motor..! I suppose I could use some washers if I can find any in the right size..

herman
2012.02.01, 08:29 PM
what t plate are you using? the rm t plate is longer than the mm t plate...
i'm thinking that you might need the shorter t plate...

hope this helps

gctkaz
2012.02.01, 08:39 PM
Haha yeah I'm an idiot!!

The MR-015 chassis (not the VW readyset) came assembled in a RM configuration but also included the MM hardware, which I never opened. I just looked closer now and the baggie has a T-plate which is 4mm shorter.

I guess this issue is now solved. Silly me. Thank you herman!

PNracing
2012.02.01, 11:39 PM
what t plate are you using? the rm t plate is longer than the mm t plate...
i'm thinking that you might need the shorter t plate...

hope this helps

Thanks Herman faster then I answer.

herman
2012.02.02, 04:10 AM
no problem... glad to help... :D

gctkaz, post pics of your set up when it's done and probably a review...
i've been wanting to try out that motor mount... :D

gctkaz
2012.02.02, 04:50 PM
I'm afraid there won't be pics nor a review.

First of all I don't have a disc damper. I sort of had a stupid way to use only the stock rear shock but that's the smaller issue. I can't use this with my intended body due to lack of upper clearance, so I won't be using this mount at all. I guess it's really meant for hatchbacks but I wanted to use it with a sports car body.

I will order an old RM which I hope will work and let me use the basic stock rear shock, but I will have to wait a while to recover some funds so I can order in some other stuff all at once.

In a few weeks I will see if someone local wants to take this mount off my hands, otherwise I can let you have it unless you can source it more easily in Asia.

herman
2012.02.02, 09:05 PM
hmm... kinda sad to hear after all the trouble...
what body were you planning on using?

xmodcanuck
2012.02.02, 11:06 PM
what body were you planning on using?

Yeah, what body?? Because that mount will work perfectly with the VW body you have.
And even if you're having trouble with it, don't give up on it yet. Bring it with you for the next meet and I'm sure someone can help you. Cowboy is full of useful knowledge.

cowboysir
2012.02.02, 11:55 PM
I've got this exact pod working for my Porsche gt1 body so we can pretty much make it work for any 90mm sportscar with some careful work.

Don't give up hope...see you on the 12th

gctkaz
2012.02.03, 10:40 AM
Haha, right on. I'll bring it to the meet.

Like everything I buy, this needs to fit on a Nissan S15, but if it needs even the slightest shaving, I won't use it, I will just go with the PN RM pod.

The VW R32 is going to be my 'loaner' car, which might end up being more hopped-up and better handling than my personal racers :rolleyes:

cowboysir
2012.02.03, 03:28 PM
Haha, right on. I'll bring it to the meet.

Like everything I buy, this needs to fit on a Nissan S15, but if it needs even the slightest shaving, I won't use it, I will just go with the PN RM pod.

Well like almost everything I own, I have modified my mounts DDS to fit under the roof line of my 911GT1. If you can't plan on some modification you might just be stuck with hatchbacks...we'll look and see what we come up with.