PDA

View Full Version : Front Droop?

BlackBerry
2012.02.02, 10:57 PM
Does anyone run any droop in their front end or do you guys just zero it out with shims on the kingpin?

Thanks,

BlackBerry

unearthed name
2012.02.02, 11:19 PM
i just use 1 mm shim down of the knuckle to lower my ride, and then put 0.5 mm shim for droop. and then 0,2 mm shim to preload (set-up for my reflex racing reverse low profile suspension)

color01
2012.02.02, 11:20 PM
You need to measure droop not just by zeroing it out on the bench, but actually measuring the droop with bodies, batteries, etc. at full racing weight. On the bench, it's going to feel like a slight (usually around 0.5mm with soft springs) preload.

On the reverse-kingpin front end and MR-02 style kingpin front end, I run zero droop almost exclusively, it's very effective in preventing traction rolling. The double A-arm has built-in droop for the most part, I never got around to playing with it really.

BlackBerry
2012.02.03, 01:19 AM
You need to measure droop not just by zeroing it out on the bench, but actually measuring the droop with bodies, batteries, etc.

I completely forgot about body weight. Thanks.

So zero droop. Is anyone running any droop?

BlackBerry

color01
2012.02.03, 02:38 AM
mugler runs tons of front droop -- sometimes he's faster than me, but I've got more steering. :p