PDA

View Full Version : Storing NiMh cells?

BlackBerry
2012.02.12, 08:45 PM
I don't have a charger capable of charging my cells to a certain capacity just yet. My cells are only used once a week. Should I store them peaked or "discharged" from when my car comes off the track. I don't use a discharger.

Thanks,

BlackBerry

arch2b
2012.02.12, 08:52 PM
Depends, how serious are you with your racing? From your other posts, sounds like you take it pretty seriously. I haven't managed cells more than cycling them when I first them in 10 years. It's more of a time/benefit ratio for me meaning the added time to deal with all that isn't worth the effort for fractional improvement in my racing. Isn't going to change where I land in the pecking order enough to make it worthwhile. I'm sure you will however get some very good advice from the srus racers that will add that ever slight edge that every looks for and can uses to their advantage AND in the position that it makes a difference. When your at the top of the heap, the margins are much smaller that hose of us in the middle.

There are many very informative battery discussions that are worth reading as well.

Quick example (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31384)

llssm
2012.08.06, 09:10 AM
Batteries are a tough product to perfect, lots of variables go into what their lifetimes will be.