PDA

View Full Version : New Mini-Z Buggy problem.

Kloker
2012.02.21, 05:17 PM
Hey.

I just bought a Mini-Z buggy. And during the installation of it I had some problems. First of all when i throttled it reversed instead of going foward, didnt find anything in the manual how to fix the problem but after a bunch of buttonmashing and holding in buttons i finally got it to go straight. But now it feels like it accelerates faster in reverse than straight forward. Also the brakes is strange, it doesnt brake as fast as I want it to. It brakes really fast when going from reverse to throttle, but then again it seems it just slams the forward gear in instead of braking.

Anyways. I was thinking if something might be assembled wrongly on it? As it feels like it's accelerating faster in reverse and so on.

Kind Regards
Kloker

kryten
2012.02.21, 07:05 PM
When you paired it,you have set the chase mode function on. I believe to reset it you hold the pairing button down on the car when its already on for 3 seconds.

Kloker
2012.02.21, 07:24 PM
When you paired it,you have set the chase mode function on. I believe to reset it you hold the pairing button down on the car when its already on for 3 seconds.

Okey, how do you set the chas mode on? To reset to fabric I start it with the B button down. So how do i put on the chase mode?

You know if the x-speed motor is a big difference from the stock one ?

Kindest of regards!
Kloker

kryten
2012.02.21, 07:46 PM
I'm sure it is activated and deactivated the same way,without using ICS of course :)
X-speed is quite a big difference in speed to standard. Decent batteries will help too. Though i did break stock dogbones with an x-speed.

Kloker
2012.02.22, 04:48 AM
I'm sure it is activated and deactivated the same way,without using ICS of course :)
X-speed is quite a big difference in speed to standard. Decent batteries will help too. Though i did break stock dogbones with an x-speed.

ah k, maybe need to buy some new dogbones then. I got got Orion 1100rt batteries, but I don't have a charger yet.. Forgot to buy that, but get it on friday, and hopefully the x-speed motor aswell.

Seems like i can only activate chase mode with the optional transmitter, i only have the one that includes in the ready set. Or maybe there is some way to activate it permanantly?

Kind regards
Kloker

180SX SR20
2012.02.22, 07:32 AM
Chase mode is deactivated from the factory. There's no way of verifying if your chase mode is activated/deactivated with a KT-18 controller.

You probably paired your TX with your MB-010 while holding your trigger foreward ( training mode ). Try pairing it without touching the throttle.

Hope that helps. I've got an MB-010 and love it!

kryten
2012.02.22, 07:46 AM
There's no way of verifying if your chase mode is activated/deactivated with a KT-18 controller.

Actually that's not strictly true. If your car goes faster backwards than forwards,then you have chase mode on.Even with a KT18.

180SX SR20
2012.02.22, 08:01 AM
....oh, that's right man! sorry about that. :D

ScoobyPete
2012.02.22, 08:06 AM
They don't included all the manuals in the box for the buggy.
you need to download them from Kyosho.

Parts list:
http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/instructionmanual/mini-z/pdf/Mini-Z_Buggy_SP.pdf

Exploded View
http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/instructionmanual/mini-z/pdf/MB010-T12_Mini-Z_Buggy_EX.pdf

Intruction Manual
http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/instructionmanual/mini-z/pdf/MB010-T12_Mini-Z_Buggy_IM.pdf

Kloker
2012.02.22, 09:09 AM
Chase mode is deactivated from the factory. There's no way of verifying if your chase mode is activated/deactivated with a KT-18 controller.

You probably paired your TX with your MB-010 while holding your trigger foreward ( training mode ). Try pairing it without touching the throttle.

Hope that helps. I've got an MB-010 and love it!

I tried to pair it a few times, also made sure not touching the wheel or throttle. But still the same. Backwards has more acceleration and feels like it's about the same topspeed. I also factory reseted it. But still the same result.

They don't included all the manuals in the box for the buggy.
you need to download them from Kyosho.

Parts list:
http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/instructionmanual/mini-z/pdf/Mini-Z_Buggy_SP.pdf

Exploded View
http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/instructionmanual/mini-z/pdf/MB010-T12_Mini-Z_Buggy_EX.pdf

Intruction Manual
http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/instructionmanual/mini-z/pdf/MB010-T12_Mini-Z_Buggy_IM.pdf

Thanks, I overviewd it but couldnt find anything about my problem. strange.

ScoobyPete
2012.02.22, 09:30 AM
Thanks, I overviewd it but couldnt find anything about my problem. strange.

I had exactly the same thing happen to mine and I ended up sending mine back to Kyosho via Kryten due to this problem.

It's a shame Kyosho haventy included all the manuals you need when they ship the buggy :(

I will dig out the email Kyosho sent back with the car about switching off Tki Tiki with out ICS cable.

Kloker
2012.02.22, 09:38 AM
I had exactly the same thing happen to mine and I ended up sending mine back to Kyosho via Kryten due to this problem.

It's a shame Kyosho haventy included all the manuals you need when they ship the buggy :(

I will dig out the email Kyosho sent back with the car about switching off Tki Tiki with out ICS cable.

Ah sweet! Really nice of you!

Bodom
2012.02.22, 09:54 AM
1. Chase mode
Comes deactivated from factory. It activates and deactivates from the car.
The procedure is the following:

Turn on the transmitter
Turn on the Buggy
Hold down the pairing button of the Buggy for 2 seconds (the red diode turns off and then turns on again)
Release the button
This way you turn on and off the chase mode.
Try this procedure and check the speed again. When the speed is considerably slower - you have chase mode on. when it's faster - you have chase mode off.

2. Throttle end points.
You can adjust throttle endpoints of the transmitter.
It is done this way:

Turn on the transmitter
Turn on the Buggy
Put the buggy on something so the tires stay in the air
Pull the trigger to full throttle
Adjust the end point using the throttle trim button (up - increases the endpoint, down - decreases it)

Try increasing the end point.
You can adjust reverse speed the same way, just hold in reverse instead of full throttle.

3. Training mode.
The transmitter has "Training mode". It is indicated by flashing diode of the transmitter. Training mode decreases considerably the max speed of the car. To turn on "Training mode":

Hold down full reverse
While holding in reverse - turn on the transmitter
When it turns on - release reverse

To turn off "Training mode":

Hold down full throttle
While holding the throttle - turn on the transmitter
When it turns on - release throttle

Kloker
2012.02.22, 10:25 AM
1. Chase mode
Comes deactivated from factory. It activates and deactivates from the car.
The procedure is the following:

Turn on the transmitter
Turn on the Buggy
Hold down the pairing button of the Buggy for 2 seconds (the red diode turns off and then turns on again)
Release the button
This way you turn on and off the chase mode.
Try this procedure and check the speed again. When the speed is considerably slower - you have chase mode on. when it's faster - you have chase mode off.

2. Throttle end points.
You can adjust throttle endpoints of the transmitter.
It is done this way:

Turn on the transmitter
Turn on the Buggy
Put the buggy on something so the tires stay in the air
Pull the trigger to full throttle
Adjust the end point using the throttle trim button (up - increases the endpoint, down - decreases it)

Try increasing the end point.
You can adjust reverse speed the same way, just hold in reverse instead of full throttle.

3. Training mode.
The transmitter has "Training mode". It is indicated by flashing diode of the transmitter. Training mode decreases considerably the max speed of the car. To turn on "Training mode":

Hold down full reverse
While holding in reverse - turn on the transmitter
When it turns on - release reverse

To turn off "Training mode":

Hold down full throttle
While holding the throttle - turn on the transmitter
When it turns on - release throttle

Ah sweet! THanks mate! Will try that out!

Kloker
2012.02.22, 10:42 AM
Okey, after fiddeling around a little bit i got the reverse and throttle to be about the same. still feels like the reverse it a tad quicker but not much. Is the reverse supposed to be as fast as the throttle? I can lower the reverse pretty much but the throttle aint getting faster.

Regards

Bodom
2012.02.22, 11:01 AM
Okey, after fiddeling around a little bit i got the reverse and throttle to be about the same. still feels like the reverse it a tad quicker but not much. Is the reverse supposed to be as fast as the throttle? I can lower the reverse pretty much but the throttle aint getting faster.

Regards

And what was causing the slow forward speed?
Overall I think your buggy is fine..
All the symptoms you describe in your first post are due to bad transmitter/car setup.
Forward and reverse speed should be the same.
All my Z's feel a little bit punchier in reverse than in forward, but not overall slower in forward than reverse. This never bothered me because I don't drive in reverse much.

ScoobyPete
2012.02.22, 01:53 PM
Here is what they guy at Kyosho Europe said:
To fix the case mode, Switch on push the pairing button on the chassis for a few seconds and this should fix the problem.

Just realised that's what Kryten posted earlier.

Kloker
2012.02.27, 09:16 AM
Argh! My last reply didnt post properly. Oh well! It all worked out, was some poor transmitter adjustments and crappy batteries. After the propper batteries was inserted and transmitter adjusted it went like a charm.

I bought the X-Speed motor to it aswell, and it was a nice upgrade! Car has a really nice acceleration speed now.

Thanks for all the help!

Best regard

Kloker

Kloker
2012.03.06, 12:49 PM
Hello guys.

Today when i drove around a little with the car i noticed a problem. it made a strange sound and the right wheel on the car wobbled when the others didnt. i makes a little dashing sound when throttling, i tried to take the wheel off and then on again but didnt fix it, i also checked if i could find a part that was broken but with no succes.

Any ideas of what it can be? You want me to post a video of it?

Kind Regards

oXYnary
2012.03.06, 06:17 PM
You might check the mb-010 section. It might be the cross pin on your dogbone, a bent axle, or a blown bearing.