PDA

View Full Version : Android app update with voice/sound

zround
2012.02.26, 11:34 AM
I've update the Android application to include voice/sounds. Download link: http://www.zround.com/request.php?44

* A sound is played at best lap time
* The bell rings when you get the overall best lap since the application was started.
* Lap times can be read out (all, best, best today). YOU MUST have installed a voice engine in your mobile with the language pack needed. See the voice imput/output section on your mobile device settings.

You can choose the events you want to enable for reading, also you can "disable" sounds for a silent operation. See the application menu ...

http://www.zround.com/image/ZRoundAndroidSettings.PNG

Best regards,

Jesús.
http://www.zround.com

LED
2012.02.26, 12:56 PM
Will this one also work for me? :)

zround
2012.02.26, 01:09 PM
Yes, it will.

chad508
2012.02.26, 01:23 PM
Where is the link for this app

zround
2012.02.26, 02:36 PM
Here you have the direct link: http://www.zround.com/request.php?44

wildjohn
2012.03.23, 11:46 PM
can anyone tell me how to set this up at my local track? thanks.

reaper
2012.03.24, 04:46 AM
downloaded and just get "cannot open this file"

zround
2012.03.24, 06:04 AM
can anyone tell me how to set this up at my local track? thanks.

What your local/PC needs:

1) Wifi Network (internet connection is not required).
2) Enable "Remote Service" into the ZRound Remote configuration page
3) ZRound PC must be connected to the access point (wifi or ethernet cable)

What your mobile needs:

1) Android 2.3 OS. The 2.2 version will work but minimun 2.3 is recommended
2) The mobile must be connected to your local wifi network.
3) Download the zround.apk package from zround.com and install it.
4) Configure your transponder number in ZRound for Android (use application menu)

What would be nice to have:

1) Headset. You can enable "sounds" but they can disturb other racers.
2) Voice announces. You should install a TTS engine (Pico TTS works and it is free)

zround
2012.03.24, 06:09 AM
downloaded and just get "cannot open this file"

It means you could download the file. Your Android mobile should know how to open the .apk file as it is a standard Android application package.

Check if you are using a 2.2 or higher device. There is an special download for 2.2 devices into the ZRound download section. It could help.

Regards.

chad508
2012.04.09, 10:37 PM
okay i have been trying to get this to work for a couple days but am having no luck. i believe the problem to be in the zround host name. is it the wifi name? can't seem to get anything to work. I'm not sure what to try next. thanks for any help you can provide

LED
2012.04.10, 01:55 AM
Hey Chad

The zround host name should be the IP you are trying to connect to.
In my case I'm using a router (not trough internet) and the ip is 192.168.0.100

You can find that ip by typing ipconfig in the cmd screen of you computer.
In most cases it will look like my ip. Maybe 192.168.1.100 or something like that.
Look for the default gateway ip (if im not mistaking).
Port is standard 5000
Good luck

Sinister_Y
2012.04.10, 06:31 AM
Check out the instructions for the playbook version as the ZRound settings part is the same:

http://minicarclubofcanada.com/Software.aspx

That should make it easy. I've also included screenshots etc...

chad508
2012.04.10, 08:31 AM
thanks for the info. i should be good to go now. i'll be giving it a try tonight

wildjohn
2012.04.10, 02:24 PM
i have everything configured correctly however i keep getting an error when i try to connect on my mobile phone. (the error appears on zround pc) it says
exception on remote service: error decoding tcp/ip message from viewer.
what am i doing wrong? thank you.

zround
2012.04.10, 04:01 PM
i have everything configured correctly however i keep getting an error when i try to connect on my mobile phone. (the error appears on zround pc) it says
exception on remote service: error decoding tcp/ip message from viewer.
what am i doing wrong? thank you.
You need at least ZRound 1.12 to work with Android. Please check it, it seems your ZRound is older.

thanks for the info. i should be good to go now. i'll be giving it a try tonight

If your mobile is Android 2.3 or higher you can left blank the IP address and port because the software can discover ZRound server on the network.

If the mobile can't connect to ZRound or you have an older Android version you can try to use the "manual" settings.

Best regards,

Jesus.

chad508
2012.04.11, 09:57 AM
ok thats the problem. we are on 1.11 build 2. we may have to wait until after our regional race this weekend to change over. would hate to have problems before a big event.

thanks

zround
2012.04.11, 02:53 PM
ok thats the problem. we are on 1.11 build 2. we may have to wait until after our regional race this weekend to change over. would hate to have problems before a big event.

thanks
Ok, I understand your decission. I wish you the best for the event!!

Regards,

Jesus.

chad508
2012.05.13, 11:33 AM
we finally got to update zround and use this app. it works great, but i have one question is there any way to be able to have music play and this work on top of the music? not sure if its an app fix or a android problem

zround
2012.05.13, 02:28 PM
we finally got to update zround and use this app. it works great, but i have one question is there any way to be able to have music play and this work on top of the music? not sure if its an app fix or a android problem

Now the standard volume for the "music stream" is used. I think a higher volume could be used but I need to read about it and make some tests. If I can find time to work with this I will include the feature in the next release.

Regards,

Jesus.

chad508
2012.05.13, 03:59 PM
Sounds good. no rush at all.

NoBrainer
2012.10.07, 10:03 AM
On Android 4.0.4 I get a program crash for each setting I adjust.
The app remember what I changed, but it's annoying that it crashes every time.

I think the default port 5000 should be filled in.
Also check the "Enable sounds/voice" and "All laps reading".

Using it with the 1.12 beta 8

zround
2012.11.01, 01:28 PM
On Android 4.0.4 I get a program crash for each setting I adjust.
The app remember what I changed, but it's annoying that it crashes every time.

I think the default port 5000 should be filled in.
Also check the "Enable sounds/voice" and "All laps reading".

Using it with the 1.12 beta 8

I have tested the new release with 4.0 simulator and it works, please download it and tell me if the issue is solved.

Thanks in advance,

Jesus.

NoBrainer
2012.11.05, 03:43 AM
Editing settings now is perfect!
App don't crash for eatch edited setting.