PDA

View Full Version : Which brands should be chosen?

angel7692
2012.03.03, 08:40 AM
Hey all,

I've been looking to upgrade my MA-015 Tiki Tiki. Problem is there are so many companies to choose from! Below are some off the top of my head.

3racing
Atomic
PN Racing
Kyosho

Who should I choose? I was thinking of picking a company and using only their parts as I figure they'd work best together. It'd be like a Dinan BMW in a sense. (PN Racing MA-015)

Does each company have parts that it does best? And does Kyosho make good parts? Or does Kyosho set a standard and the other companies use that as a benchmark to improve on?

Thoughts?

thestug
2012.03.03, 01:41 PM
Hey all,

I've been looking to upgrade my MA-015 Tiki Tiki. Problem is there are so many companies to choose from! Below are some off the top of my head.

3racing
Atomic
PN Racing
Kyosho

Who should I choose? I was thinking of picking a company and using only their parts as I figure they'd work best together. It'd be like a Dinan BMW in a sense. (PN Racing MA-015)

Does each company have parts that it does best? And does Kyosho make good parts? Or does Kyosho set a standard and the other companies use that as a benchmark to improve on?

Thoughts?

It really depends on how much you want to spend. Kyosho generally has the highest quality stuff. PN and Atomic also also high quality just cheaper. 3racing is on the cheaper side, but still good quality. I wouldn't worry too much about the parts not working if you mix them. I have no problems mixing all 4 companies parts. I generally just go with what is cheapest and available.

gctkaz
2012.03.03, 04:52 PM
I'm mixing all kinds of stuff on my AWD, but the majority of my parts are 3Racing just because of the price.

Where you might run into compatibility problems is with the DWS/SAS rear end, you'll probably want to stick with one brand for those parts, or the A-arm front end if you really feel like going crazy. Everything else should drop right in and work with others.

angel7692
2012.03.09, 09:39 PM
Thanks. With that in mind I'm going to use Kyosho option parts when I can.

EMU
2012.03.09, 10:56 PM
I would recommend the 3Racing swingshafts over the Kyosho. Cheaper and more durable. Kyosho swingshafts wear at the joint to the point of failure when used on the front end. I have not had the same wear on the 3Racing.

For the rear end, Kyosho DWS is the way to go. Especially with the option orange shocks.

Front end, I would use Kyosho 1.5d plastic knuckles for now. Figure out the tire and spring setup, that will be more important than other upgrades. DWS provides more grip and stability without sacrificing much steering.

Most other parts besides DWS and PN A-arm are completely interchangeable between manufacturers, as they are based on the Kyosho chassis design.

Kyosho ball differentials are the best, but expensive.