PDA

View Full Version : Which of the 2.4 don't have the annoying reverse delay?

Traveler
2012.03.09, 03:23 PM
Went shopping for a replacement board to put in an F1 and got confused as to whats what given the number of new 2.4 boards from Kyosho out there now, in part because of the new Chase Mode (Tiki-Tiki) versions.

I believe that the 02, AWD and F1 2.4 boards (RA-18, RA-19 and RA-18F) are essentially the same except for the length of servo/pot wires and possibly the wire orientation, and that all three boards have the reverse delay.:mad: The original 03 board (RA-22) comes with the coreless servo motor and no reverese delay:), so I assume the new RA-22B 03 Chase Mode board is also reverse friendly.

Question is, do the new AWD and F1 Chase Mode boards (RA-23T and RA-24T) come with the reverese delay like the RA-18, RA-19 and RA-18F boards or are they like the RA-22 boards? :confused:

Can anyone set the record straight? Thanks!

cowboysir
2012.03.09, 03:38 PM
Any variation of the RA-22 are reverse friendly....didnt know there were other variations specific to chassis design.

The problem is that they were created for a higher ratio servo of the MR03 and require that you have an aftermarket TX that can program steering percentages. Where an MR03 only requires 65-70% to get full throw you need upwards of 95% to get the same throw from an MR02/010/F1

Traveler
2012.03.09, 03:47 PM
Any variation of the RA-22 are reverse friendly....didnt know there were other variations specific to chassis design.

Thanks for the response. Yes, I know the RA-22 is reverese friendly. Question is are the AWD's new RA-23T and the F1's new RA-24T like the 03's RA-22 when it comes to reverese or like their earlier versions (not reverse friendly)? I've modified my original post to make this more clear.

The problem is that they were created for a higher ratio servo of the MR03 and require that you have an aftermarket TX that can program steering percentages. Where an MR03 only requires 65-70% to get full throw you need upwards of 95% to get the same throw from an MR02/010/F1

Yes, I read THIS (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37432&highlight=RA-22) thread on that and found GIHOSU's explanation very helpful.

Thanks again! :)