PDA

View Full Version : PN tire Trueing issue

TheRinger
2012.04.12, 12:58 AM
So I ordered up some PN 15 degree front slicks and 6 degree slick rears. I Trued up the 6 rears and they came out great. Then I started on the 15 fronts and they started to seep some sticky grease as I was Trueing them.( please forgive the spelling, it's 1am in my neck of the woods) Has anyone else had this problem?
PN part#RSF15 RCP slick front tire 15 degrees. I've Trued these tires before with no problem a couple of years ago but the new track that the club got which is the special edition gray track doesn't seem to like kyosho tires so I decided to try different tires and now this happened. Please help. :(

bcpzx3
2012.04.12, 01:12 AM
Never had that problem before. Could you have possibly overheated the tire and caused it to slightly melt? Just a suggestion, I wasn't there during the truing process.

TheRinger
2012.04.12, 12:06 PM
Never had that problem before. Could you have possibly overheated the tire and caused it to slightly melt? Just a suggestion, I wasn't there during the truing process.

I don't know? I was thinking that same thing but I did the 6 degree rears and they came out beautiful before these. I'm using a truer that is basically a motor stand that holds a 540 motor and I use wood blocks that have sandpaper that I've used for years. I can adjust the speed of the motor but that didn't seem to make a difference.

briankstan
2012.04.12, 12:24 PM
I've had the 15 slicks go gooey as well. I like to use the 15 x-pattern tires as they seem to be a different compound.

I've not tried the 6 degree tires I figured they would get to hot on my Hudy truer.

themelis factor
2012.04.12, 01:57 PM
I don't know? I was thinking that same thing but I did the 6 degree rears and they came out beautiful before these. I'm using a truer that is basically a motor stand that holds a 540 motor and I use wood blocks that have sandpaper that I've used for years. I can adjust the speed of the motor but that didn't seem to make a difference.

I use 15x compound trued down, they will get gummy if i true them down quickly. If you take your time with them they come out beautiful. Just try truing them slowly and see if there is a difference.:D

blt456
2012.04.12, 02:54 PM
I had this problem when I first started truing tires. I used a 12v ps and trued the tire way too fast. Now, I use a 7.4v lipo and take about 2-3 minutes per tire. The PN 15x tires do get sticky if you leave them on the sanding drum, but I have found that if you just true a little bit then let it sit, it will cool down.

chad508
2012.04.12, 04:24 PM
what kinda run time do you get out of the lipo

Mike Keely
2012.04.12, 05:44 PM
what kinda run time do you get out of the lipo

I am using a 7.4 also 1200ma and on a charge it will do about 8 sets of front tires on the hudy truer. So much easier then using my checkpoint charger in the motor break in mode with 7 volts.

blt456
2012.04.12, 06:25 PM
I use a Thunder Power 4300mah lipo. I only charged the pack when I bought it because it was only half-charged from the factory. I haven't had to charge it since, which was February of this year.

chad508
2012.04.12, 11:32 PM
thanks mike and luke. i'll have to give it a try.