Z_408
2012.04.12, 04:43 PM
June 23, 2012.

Please stay tuned for more details.

bcpzx3
2012.04.13, 03:35 PM
June 23, 2012.

Please stay tuned for more details.

Score! Hopefully i'll be the first to sign up. Since that's the only thing i can get first in.

DanDan
2012.05.01, 04:01 PM
If we had a concours competition I'm sure you would take first in that ;) Your paint jobs look amazing.

twinkie
2012.05.01, 04:04 PM
If we had a concours competition I'm sure you would take first in that ;) Your paint jobs look amazing.

dont worry a couple of club races...and I'm sure.. it wont be so pretty afterwards LOL

Z_408
2012.05.08, 04:12 PM
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/2012%20KO%20Propo%20Mini-Z%20Grand%20Prix/ko4flyer.jpg

Sign-ups coming soon.

phea
2012.05.08, 09:26 PM
:rolleyes: ....:D

Z_408
2012.05.08, 09:48 PM
2012 KO Propo Mini-Z GP Rules

yasuji
2012.05.08, 10:21 PM
2012 KO Propo Mini-Z GP Rules

im in for gt mod!!! getting a crew together from so-cal ... rt now we r at 5 drivers coming up!:D

bcpzx3
2012.05.09, 02:38 AM
Sign-ups coming soon.

Uh huh... I thought you said it was open already. :mad:

s4kebomb
2012.05.09, 04:11 AM
Will there be mini class this year?

bcpzx3
2012.05.09, 05:26 PM
According to the rules. It looks like

Sportsman Stock GT
Expert Stock GT
GT mod

Z_408
2012.05.10, 02:24 AM
Will there be mini class this year?

Sorry, no mini class this year.

Z_408
2012.05.10, 02:25 AM
Good luck racers, sign ups are ready.

Link (http://www.kopropo.com/america/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=110&Itemid=158)

bcpzx3
2012.05.10, 02:37 AM
Good luck racers, sign ups are ready.

Link (http://www.kopropo.com/america/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=110&Itemid=158)

DONE!

signed up for Sportsman stock GT and Mod GT

twinkie
2012.05.10, 12:40 PM
sportman stock
GT mod

and if its allowed...Expert stock for kicks and giggles

yowza
2012.05.10, 01:19 PM
sportman stock
GT mod

and if its allowed...Expert stock for kicks and giggles

Sportsman...man, I better mount up some paddle tires to wade through all the sand that's going to be left on the track :D

twinkie
2012.05.10, 01:57 PM
maybe things will go well and this will be the race where I get expelled from the sportsman class :)

I swear... I will not sandbag the KO... I'm going for the "W" this time.

Z_408
2012.05.14, 06:43 PM
I have gotten many questions regarding the sportsman stock and expert stock class. If you are signed up to run sportsman stock, you can not run expert stock.

Z_408
2012.05.14, 11:11 PM
New rule change for Expert Stock Class: Fixed gear ratio

phea
2012.05.15, 01:03 AM
New rule change for Expert Stock Class: Fixed gear ratio

Finally a Stock class with equal speed, Where do I sign up!? :D

bcpzx3
2012.05.15, 06:16 AM
Finally a Stock class with equal speed, Where do I sign up!? :D

too late for you.

Z_408
2012.05.15, 04:18 PM
Thank you to everyone that have already signed up. We already have 20 racers signed-up. Please remember that May 26th is the last day to sign up and get the second class free. Payment must also be paid that day. Only 5 weeks left, good luck.

ucdinh
2012.05.16, 07:33 PM
Signed up ready to go.

what is the fixed gear ratio going to be?

Thanks.

sinister129
2012.05.17, 12:53 AM
All signed up! Should be by sometime soon to pay.

Z_408
2012.05.21, 05:22 PM
Just a reminder that this Saturday is the last day to get your sign up in and payed for to get the second class FREE.

Gear ratio has not been decided yet for expert stock but most likely it will be 5.77.

twinkie
2012.05.21, 08:07 PM
should be stopping by today to pay

sinister129
2012.05.23, 06:43 PM
What is the schedule going to be like? Its only a Saturday race right?

Z_408
2012.05.24, 02:11 PM
What is the schedule going to be like? Its only a Saturday race right?

This will be a one day race. Schedule has not been set, however all the previous years, we set up around 7am and finish around 8pm. Total time for the day will depend on total sign ups. I will get a better idea once all the sign ups are in.

sinister129
2012.05.24, 07:25 PM
Perfect! That works. This is going to be my first time running at the KO race so i wasnt sure if it was a single day race or 2 day. But thanks for that post. Looking forward to this race!

Z_408
2012.05.31, 03:55 PM
Just a reminder that June 9th is the last day to sign up to race KO this year.

Expert Stock Class Update:
Fixed gear ratio: 5.889, 64 pitch only
Hand out motor: PN 50 turn bushing

blt456
2012.06.01, 09:44 PM
Very excited for this upcoming race! Expert stock here I come :D

Z_408
2012.06.04, 07:58 PM
Update Racer list:

Sportsman Stock:
Dave Colbert
Teresa Colbert
Kyle Colbert
Tony Truong
Elliott Miyashiro
Laura Cook
Derrick Victoriano
Gianno Hardyanto
George Strichen
Fabian Fernandez
Wendra Poedjorahardjo
Will Chang
Andy Lee
Alan Mendoza
RayLeung
Jacob Leung
Denny Jewell
Dave Jewell
Joe Huynh
Thai Duong
Ezra Gold
Christina Gold
Michal Palusinski

Expert Stock:
Clint Yowza
Luke Melikian
DanIel Zaring
Stephen Bui
Peter Dinh
Ryan Crabb
Carlito Tuason
Romel Tuason

Modified:
Dave Colbert
Tony Truong
Clint Yowza
grant matsushima
Elliott Miyashiro
Derrick Victoriano
Gianno Hardyanto
George Strichen
Wendra Poedjorahardjo
DanIel Zaring
Stephen Bui
Peter Dinh
Ryan Crabb
Carlito Tuason
Alan Mendoza
Vicky Tuason
Denny Jewell
Dave Jewell
Romel Tuason
Ezra Gold
Mateusz Palusinski
Michal Palusinski
Steven Huynh

Youth:
Kyle Colbert
Christopher Guzman
Nathan Tuason
Mateusz Palusinski
Tyler Biesemeyer

Ladies:
Teresa Colbert
Laura Cook
Hanh Le
Ellen O'Rourke
Vicky Tuason
Taylor Tran
Christina Gold

bcpzx3
2012.06.05, 04:11 AM
Excited for the race, been soo busy lately I haven't had anytime to stop by and practice.

Z_408
2012.06.07, 04:51 PM
June 9th is the last day to sign up. The list just keeps growing, we are getting close to 60 drivers. The biggest class now is sportsman stock with 32 drivers, modified has 27 drivers. This is going to be a crazy event.

Driver's list:

Sportsman stock:
Dave Colbert
Teresa Colbert
Kyle Colbert
Tony Truong
Elliott Miyashiro
Laura Cook
Derrick Victoriano
Gianno Hardyanto
George Strichen
Fabian Fernandez
Wendra Poedjorahardjo
Will Chang
Andy Lee
Alan Mendoza
Ray Leung
Jacob Leung
Denny Jewell
Dave Jewell
Joe Huynh
Thai Duong
Ezra Gold
Christina Gold
Mateusz Palusinski
Michal Palusinski
David Clark
Danny Silveira
Ruben Silveira
Matthew Hui
Raymond Hui
Larry Nazareno
Susumu Kodani

Expert Stock:
Clint Yowza
Luke Melikian
DanIel Zaring
Stephen Bui
Peter Dinh
Ryan Crabb
carlito tuason
ROMEL Tuason
Ray Cilloni

Modified:
Dave Colbert
Tony Truong
Clint Yowza
grant matsushima
Elliott Miyashiro
Derrick Victoriano
Gianno Hardyanto
George Strichen
Wendra Poedjorahardjo
Luke Melikian
DanIel Zaring
Stephen Bui
Peter Dinh
Ryan Crabb
carlito tuason
Alan Mendoza
Vicky Tuason
Denny Jewell
Dave Jewell
ROMEL Tuason
Ezra Gold
Mateusz Palusinski
Michal Palusinski
Matthew Hui
Raymond Hui
Ray Cilloni
Steven Huynh

Ladies:
Teresa Colbert
Laura Cook
Hanh Le
Ellen O'Rourke
Vicky Tuason
Taylor Tran
Christina Gold

Youth:
Kyle Colbert
Christopher Guzman
Nathan Tuason
Mateusz Palusinski
Tyler Biesemeyer

MDRTales
2012.06.08, 01:23 AM
Hey guys it's Clement how do i sign up for this race?

twinkie
2012.06.08, 01:41 AM
http://www.kopropo.com/america/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=110&Itemid=158

Z_408
2012.06.09, 02:06 PM
We have now hit 60 racers. If anyone wants to join this race, today is the last day to sign up. Only two weeks left to get your cars ready. Good luck.

See you at the track.

blt456
2012.06.24, 10:40 PM
What a great event! I had a great time the entire day.

As for racing, qualifying was a bit of a challenge for me. I was worried I wasn't even going to make the A main :o but I got my car dialed in q3. It was cool racing with a handful of norcal's top drivers in the expert A main.

The fixed gear ratio idea worked out really good. I looked at all the expert cars on the straightaway and in the infield and they all looked very close.

Thank you Binh, Chris, and Steven for everything.

Hopefully pictures and videos of the racing will be posted. I need a new picture for f******k haha

unwritten
2012.06.25, 03:51 PM
What a great event! I had a great time the entire day.

As for racing, qualifying was a bit of a challenge for me. I was worried I wasn't even going to make the A main :o but I got my car dialed in q3. It was cool racing with a handful of norcal's top drivers in the expert A main.

The fixed gear ratio idea worked out really good. I looked at all the expert cars on the straightaway and in the infield and they all looked very close.

Thank you Binh, Chris, and Steven for everything.

Hopefully pictures and videos of the racing will be posted. I need a new picture for f******k haha

do you mind sharing your setup?

blt456
2012.06.25, 05:00 PM
Expert A main: qualified 6, 1st place

Chassis: mr03 w/ 2x2 8858 fets, new antenna, no switch, upgraded wires, ti screws (total weight was 168g)
Motor: handout 50t bushing (9/53)
Body: lexus sc430 (atomic lexan window, stock wing)

Front:
- Rev kingpin (kyo lower arm w/ kyo flourine balls, kyosho upper arms)
- pn wide spring holder
- pn lowdown knuckles (.5mm below, 1mm above)
- pn wide aluminum 0 tierod
- pn blue front springs
- pn delrin +1 20mm rims w/ kyo 30 slicks trued to 23mm

Rear:
- pn v3 motor mount (#2 up)
- pn dds (green springs)
- ball diff (reflex hubs, pn shaft, 5 balls, r241 plates, 53t lsd spur)
- pn delrin +1 20mm rims w/ pn6 radial
- reflex t-plate mount
- pn 4 silver t-plate

unwritten
2012.06.25, 05:11 PM
thank you...

twinkie
2012.06.25, 05:51 PM
luke your run the flourine balls....I think those things are nice... I put a set in Daniels car with some nicely polished king pins and it felt so smooth. So I guess you actually like them too, or was it just parts you had laying around?

MDRTales
2012.06.27, 10:22 PM
Any vids/results of the race:)?

twinkie
2012.06.28, 10:48 AM
Any vids/results of the race:)?
how can you forget where you placed... you took home hardware lol :)

MDRTales
2012.06.29, 08:28 PM
Hahaha true:p

Z_408
2012.07.02, 09:50 PM
Big thanks to all that attended and supported this years KO Propo Mini-Z GP. Thank you to all the sponsors for making this event a success. Thank you Robert from KO Propo, he was there early in the morning setting up the track and late at night helping tear down the track. KO was also very nice to the racers this year with great raffle prizes, many t-shirts and two radios (EX-1UR and a Eurus). Thank you Philip from PN Racing for supplying all the stock class motors. Thank you Atomic for sending many raffle prizes and making sure every racer walked home with many Atomic products. Thank you CT from Reflex Racing for all the great new products from their line. Thank you to Craig from iLap for the great transponders. Thank you Sophia from R1 Wurks for the sending the great batteries for the raffles. Please help support our sponsors, they step up and make the event even better. Lastly, I would like to thank all the behind the scenes helpers. This race would not happen without you guys.

The final count had us over 60 drivers this year, it was a great turn out and a great showing for our scale. Everyone acted very professional and I was proud of the level of sportsmanship.

This years track is what I like to call fast technical of 24 by 14 tiles. Traction seemed to be good in the early morning with traction really coming up once the sun rolled over the track. It made for good racing and it appeared that all cars were pretty dialed early on.

The biggest class was the sportsman stock class with nearly 40 drivers. Derrick V. set the early TQ for round one. Now with every driver knowing what it was going to take to make it to the A-main, everyone stepped up. We saw the TQ change hands a few times through out the day but in the end Michal P put down the cleanest run to take home the TQ. In the main Michal P got out to start and never looked back. The remainder of the podium however was still up for grabs. Ezra G did not have the best hole shot however he made it a battle and worked his way all the way back to fourth just tenths away from the final podium spot. Fabian F. was also a victim of a bad hole shot but was able to grind it out and take the third spot on the podium. Clement K was the sleeper of the event. He made it to the A-main on his last run and was only a few seconds out of TQ. This put him two on the grid. Clement had a chance of taking home this years title however a few too many mistakes gives him this years second spot on the podium. As I said earlier Michal got out on the hole shoot and never looked back. He was not to be denied this years title. Congratulations to this year's KO Propo Mini-Z GP Sportsman Stock Champion and our newest expert driver Michal P.

In expert stock this year we tried something new. All expert drivers were required to run a fixed gear ratio of 5.889 and a 50 turn bushing PN Racing motor. With the amount of torque the gear ratio was able to generate this class lead to some close battles. Multiple people were on TQ runs but in the end Romel was able to come in two seconds faster and take home TQ. In the mains it was back and forth the entire race. One simple mistake would put you back two to four spots. This race had multiple racers taking a chance at the one spot. We had six of the seven drivers on the same lap. In the end it was the sleeper on the grid that would take home this years first place trophy. Luke M. was able to come from six on the grid to become this year's KO Propo Mini-Z GP Expert Stock Champion.

In modified we had the field go down to the E-main. Many people had a chance at TQ in this class. Steven H was on a TQ run in the last qualifier of the day but one bobble at the end of his run cost him TQ. Stephen B was able to put down the cleanest run of the day and and take home TQ honors. Romel T of PN racing was able to get a clean hole shot and never looked back. The remainder of the field was left to fight for the last two spots on the podium. No lead was safe. Drivers were swapping positions like Kim K swapping partners. Grant M while in chase mode was able to drop the two fastest times of the day with a 9.70 and a 9.71. It was a frantic race and when the dust settled, it was Romel T taking home this year's KO Propo Mini-Z GP Modified title.

In the kids class we saw a new champion crowned, Mateusz P. Kyle C gave him a good run until the last turn. All the kids performed great and it looks like the future of Mini-Z is in good hands.

The highlight of the event this year? The Ladies class, hands down. We had a full field of 8 racers. Each lady racer was announced in dramatic fashion. Before the race, each driver was given WWF style introductions with their favorite music playing. During their race we had their music playing and there was a lot of energy. The racing also lived up to the excitement with the race going down to the last lap. This year Christina G took home the inaugural Ladies Class Championship. We expect this class to be a fixture for many years to come. Great job ladies.

It was a great day of racing. There has been much more interest at the shop of late and we have had record new RTR sales. I was very pleased at the level of racer etiquette during qualifying and mains. We at Inside Line Racing hope that everyone had a good time. It was my pleasure to be a part of this race. Like always, we hope that you only have one question for us, "Hey Binh, when is the next one?" However for some reason, I think you know when the next one is.

Till next time, remember, slow is fast, but fast is faster.

blt456
2012.07.13, 08:38 PM
Sportsman A main:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG5eSKoiRFE&feature=plcp

Expert A main:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCMkz_duQ2I&feature=plcp

Modified A main:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXndv_x5fIM&feature=plcp