PDA

View Full Version : Need mr-01 motor case

jasond
2012.04.15, 01:08 AM
I occasionally break out my pair of old mini-z's, and today I broke the cover part on one of them that holds the motor into the motor mount. An exhaustive search of the internet has produced no replacements. Is this part the same as one of the later cars? Does anyone know where to get this, or want to sell me one?

The actual motor mount is a "high" mount, over the axle. I would like to find the "mz3" mount so I could use either my speedracer mach 5 or bmw z8 body, but I'll be happy just to make the thing run!

herman
2012.04.15, 11:36 PM
first off... welcome the the forums jasond....

if i'm not mistaken, they are the same... you can use the newer plastic motor cover clip on the old motor mount...

i'm not too sure if there are compatibility issues re: using the mr03 high mount with the mr01 gear/ball diff...

just to be sure use the mr01 gear/ball diff with the mr01 high mount,
and mr03 gear/ball diff with the mr03 high mount...

wondering if anybody can clarify if you can indeed use the mr01 gear/ball diff in a mr03 high motor mount...

i think that the mr01/mr03 shaft lengths are different... hope this helps

jasond
2012.04.16, 12:03 AM
Thanks! You're correct, apparently the shaft on the diff is a different length between the mr-01 and subsequent models (lucky me).

The low mount for the mr-01 is listed as part "mz3", but I can't find one.

herman
2012.04.16, 11:30 PM
where are you located? if you are located near a hobby shop or track i'm sure you might be able to get one... a ready fix solution (which i saw somewhere) is to find a couple of small zip ties and bind the motor to the motor mount...

if you can't get any... i'm sure that the newer mr03 motor mount & mr03 gear/ball diff assembly would fit the mr01

good luck and hope this helps... :D

180SX SR20
2012.04.17, 10:16 AM
that zip tie is a great idea! i use those on my 1:1 scale car all the time. I wish i knew that before I had bought an MR02 motor pod and diff.

targetingxmod
2012.04.17, 06:04 PM
I occasionally break out my pair of old mini-z's, and today I broke the cover part on one of them that holds the motor into the motor mount. An exhaustive search of the internet has produced no replacements. Is this part the same as one of the later cars? Does anyone know where to get this, or want to sell me one?

The actual motor mount is a "high" mount, over the axle. I would like to find the "mz3" mount so I could use either my speedracer mach 5 or bmw z8 body, but I'll be happy just to make the thing run!

i have an mr01 wich i converted to 2,4ghz.
And have some plastic stuff that had been upgraded to alloy.
Can you post a picture of what you want, and i may sell my piece to you. For what you say you are refering to the clip that grabs onto the motor cradle, fixing the motor?

Is this it?
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb18/fronterasportforum/Mini-Z%20Mr01/24_220320111386.jpg
-The black plastic clip that holds the motor on? The pointing clips on the motor cradle are ok, you broke the clip, right?

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb18/fronterasportforum/Mini-Z%20Mr01/78_100120122308.jpg
-The alloy one on back of the motor!

jasond
2012.04.17, 06:23 PM
Yes, it's just the clip, and per herman's response, I know the ones for later cars work. I'll buy the whole pod assembly and throw the rest away. The internet has newer pod assemblies for sale, but not the mz3 assembly for the mr-01 chassis.

Getting a later pod and a ball diff is really way more than I'm willing to put into a car that I take out to the driveway every six months!

jasond
2012.04.17, 06:23 PM
Thx for all the help, btw!

herman
2012.04.18, 05:09 AM
where are you from? i'm sure that there will be somebody on the forums that might be near you... and well they just might have some extra parts or motor clip sitting in their tool box...

the cheap way to go is the zip tie...

you're right as far as investing in a ball diff just for driveway driving... keep it simple...
if you do buy a newer motor mount assembly, try getting a matching gear diff for it... again if you're near somebody who is into the hobby or if you are near a track, there might be someone who might just give you the gear diff / motor mount assembly / or just the motor clip...

good luck... hope this helps... :D

herman
2012.04.18, 05:12 AM
that zip tie is a great idea! thanks but the idea wasn't originally mine... i saw somebody do that a looong time ago...

oh i sent you an email btw...