PDA

View Full Version : *ARCHIVED* Mini-Z GTG Previous Seasons (Chat & Announcements)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

KhabraDBR9
2013.04.15, 11:51 PM
Schools just wrapping up, hopefully I'll be able to make it out sometime soon!

DaveW
2013.04.18, 11:03 PM
I ran into Marty's friend David yesterday and Marty is going to be out on Sunday.

cowboysir
2013.04.19, 10:06 AM
Cool beans...motivates me to finish one more project!:D

TheSteve
2013.04.19, 12:26 PM
I plan to run one of the races with Marty's car - should be good times.

gctkaz
2013.04.19, 03:02 PM
I am so in. I hope to be right on time for setup this time. Gotta get those laps in so I can hope to give Steve some pressure one of these days :o

Let's try to be within 10 laps by the end, for now!

FocusOne
2013.04.19, 08:29 PM
I'll be busy then...

DaveW
2013.04.22, 01:04 AM
Thanks to everyone who came out today! Another awesome time was had. :)

You guys were so dialed in today. :eek:

With so may early arrivals to help with the setup we had the track down, electronics and all, before 10AM. Thanks guys.
Also can`t forget the crew that hang out at the end and help get it all outa there as well. Thanks also!

Our next GTG here is slated for May 5th so keep that date free! :cool:

Official announcements in the near future.

Dave :D

cowboysir
2013.04.22, 09:30 AM
Big thanks to Dave for the best layout yet...the flow was so good I nailed down my first and second race wins ever (in newton)!

Super day guys....thanks again.

TheSteve
2013.04.22, 01:13 PM
Had a great day too! The fast lap battles with the various cars at the end was a blast.

gctkaz
2013.04.22, 06:41 PM
Seriously Derek, what did you put in the tank yesterday? I really enjoyed some of those white knuckle chases that lasted for several laps.

Thanks again DaveW for your generous hosting, I'm already looking forward to the next one, although I think I nearly have my cars dialed in so there isn't much left for me to tweak. *Might* try putting the stock plastic pod back in place of the PN 70T as both Steve and Grant on their 6T pinions could still match my 8T speed on those long straights and I wonder if it's just me or it's the motor.

TheSteve
2013.04.22, 06:54 PM
Its all about carrying speed out of the corner.

cowboysir
2013.04.22, 08:44 PM
Seriously Derek, what did you put in the tank yesterday? I really enjoyed some of those white knuckle chases that lasted for several laps.

Thanks again DaveW for your generous hosting, I'm already looking forward to the next one, although I think I nearly have my cars dialed in so there isn't much left for me to tweak. *Might* try putting the stock plastic pod back in place of the PN 70T as both Steve and Grant on their 6T pinions could still match my 8T speed on those long straights and I wonder if it's just me or it's the motor.

I didn't make any changes to the chassis other than putting on the 458 shell. It seriously allowed me to roll into corners carrying more speed than previous cars. I'm hoping that my new Audi I'm building will be as good since I don't plan on any "weight saving' measures (like i did on my last Audi).

I have to try and get time with my other chassis the next gtg...tough to do when one car is so damn sweet to drive.:D

cowboysir
2013.04.27, 12:53 PM
Out of curiousity, did anyone find an oval yellow light lens at the last teardown of track? I seem to be missing one from my Marlboro Porsche.

Not a big deal but it'd be cool to find.

DaveW
2013.04.28, 12:51 AM
Out of curiousity, did anyone find an oval yellow light lens at the last teardown of track? I seem to be missing one from my Marlboro Porsche.

Not a big deal but it'd be cool to find.

Nothing mentioned during teardown.
The clubhouse is in use by others tomorrow so I checked it after work today.
The spot people put small bits and pieces found - none.
My sweetie vacuumed after our teardown so I had the forensic team check the vacuum cup - no luck there!

cowboysir
2013.04.28, 01:42 AM
Oh well...thanks for the efforts, Dave. Hopefully see you with new finished car this GTG.

Thanks again,

:D

TheSteve
2013.04.28, 02:06 AM
There was a small piece found at the previous meet, we weren't sure what it was though, a piece of epoxy off a car or perhaps it was your light piece - are you sure it left at this meet and not the previous one?

gctkaz
2013.04.30, 02:06 PM
If the next meet is on May 05, I will miss this one. I hope to be at the following meet, and at Aberdeen once those meets resume. Have a fun one, gentlemen.

RFick73
2013.04.30, 05:10 PM
Next Club GTG:

Sunday, May 5th

Layout to be determined

This one will be held @ Dave's Place in Newton

Hyland Creek Village
6841 138th St., Newton
Buzzer #: 39
>>Google Map (http://goo.gl/maps/WscL)<<
http://gallery.mailchimp.com/0b6aa3222559729be0b334628/images/Dave_s_Google_Map_2.jpg

http://gallery.mailchimp.com/0b6aa3222559729be0b334628/images/Dave_s_Google_Map_3.jpg

It's a gated complex, when entering, please wait on the other side for the gate to close completely before advancing.
Press in the code #39 for the clubhouse.
(It's also posted on the intercom board)

The Club House is in the middle of the complex (it's the only single story building.)
Make use of any parking spot that's not a driveway directly in front of someones unit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Track setup is @ 9am, Racing by 10-11am & break down for around 4-5pm.
Most people are showing up closer to 11 or 12, come out earlier if you can to help setup or at least start running!

The Entry fee for this GTG is $10
If you show up early to help setup or stay late to help break down,
you will be refunded $5 of your entry fee!
Bring an extra $5 with you if you wanna pitch in for Pizza.
*PLEASE TRY TO BRING CORRECT CHANGE!*

Take my Cell # down and bring it with you in case there are any issues:
Ryan: (778) 988-3425

RFick73
2013.04.30, 07:14 PM
Sunday May 5th's official GTG posting can be found >>HERE (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=444874&postcount=9)<<

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Also, as a teaser announcement...

The club has secured a medium sized hall (40'x60') for just under $200 near Columbia Skytrain Station in New Westminster.
We have booked the hall for June 23rd. (The weekend after Father's Day)
I am thinking regular GTG pricing of $5/$10 will apply for the day & the club will pay the difference.

Derek will be bringing his track down so we should have quite a large setup for this day. (15 second+ lap times?)
Regular GTG hours of 9-5 will be in affect for this day.

Be sure to book the day off to come out & run with us!

More info to be posted in it's own thread soon!

gctkaz
2013.05.03, 09:54 PM
If the next meet is on May 05, I will miss this one. I hope to be at the following meet, and at Aberdeen once those meets resume. Have a fun one, gentlemen.
False alarm! I think I can come out, although I might not stay for teardown this time.

FocusOne
2013.05.04, 04:25 AM
I won't be able to make it out to this one. have fun!

RFick73
2013.05.04, 10:50 AM
I've finally posted the last two GTG's Main & Practice times.

They can be found >>HERE (http://bcmini-zclub.com/Race_Results/Race.html)<< on our website. :cool:

cowboysir
2013.05.05, 10:03 PM
Great time yet again today...felt strong with my 03 and worked on the 02 with its tri shock to where I felt a little more comfortable with it.

A tough/challenging layout made for intense efforts to pay attention to the line.

Everybody better get stoked about the BTE (big track event) coming up...all of my track indoors in the city with some 90cm sections will make a fast flowing layout.

Steve, is it possible to wire 2 Trackmate timing wands so we can do sector times?

RFick73
2013.05.05, 11:05 PM
The only problem I see with that Derek is that the software only recognizes the one overhead at a time.

Dave own's his own timing system & the Club owns one as well, we theoretically could run them both at the same time.

Steve would need to chime in to speak on the logistics of running two overheads in the same timing system.

I assume we could run them all on the same loop & controller, but how would the program deal with that? I'm assuming it would count each pass as a "lap" so even laps would be through one overhead & the odd laps would be through the other sensor & we would just half our final lap totals to see what we did & we'd also have to add the two times together to see what we did each lap.

Oi. :confused: Steve, is there a "easy" way of pulling this off?

TheSteve
2013.05.05, 11:55 PM
With two sets of hardware its really the software that matters. I'm not sure if Flipside supports two controllers at once which would give split times.
I'd ideally like three loops total so the track is split into three sections, just like F1.

RFick73
2013.05.06, 12:12 AM
Steve, can the Trackmate software do that?

Or do you know of timing software that will work with Trackmate that would do it?

TheSteve
2013.05.06, 01:01 AM
Steve, can the Trackmate software do that?

Or do you know of timing software that will work with Trackmate that would do it?

Nothing that is free that I know of.

cowboysir
2013.05.08, 09:44 AM
From the response I got at my thread query, I don't think sector time timing beams is going to be on for the big track event.

Ryan is working hard on a layout for the event. It's a bit difficult to plan the combination of two types of track and fit it all into the 40 by 60 space.

I'm planning on a prize for the event....I'm likely to have a custom one off body finished for the event so its a fair chance the top points haul will take home a shiny new racing shell. :D

As for the points, I don't see us stressing about catagories. We can talk about it but for the most part we are all fairly even with a various chassis at different power levels.

I call dibs on planned time for F1, though....;)

RFick73
2013.05.08, 11:33 AM
I am frantically working on getting a nice big layout for the June 23rd GTG.

I have sent a Beta version off to Derek (Cowboy) & DaveW to make sure I'm on the right track. Get it, track!?! :rolleyes:

I will possibly start a new thread for it as I'd like it to become a more common thing for our club. I'd like to see a nice big indoor layout at least 3 times a year if possible.

Y'all keep an eye out for the thread!
Cowboy, you can also post up points info for the day in that thread as well.

Y'all keep an eye out for it!

cowboysir
2013.05.08, 05:22 PM
Can you re send the layout info, Ryan? I accidentally deleted it off my phone and now I can't see it anywhere...

From what I remember it looked good and I'd say the 45s and inside wide corners will fit great.

I'm going to ask my friend Landon about the Carolina Cup points series...it looked a very good idea for gathering/calculating.

DaveW
2013.05.09, 01:09 AM
Cowboy, I think you're right about the sector timing being a no go for that day.
If someone finds out about a product that supports this then let's look at it.

Ryan's got his work cut out for him. Working with the two track sizes is a pain, having to make sure it all lines up without "tweeking" the track to much.
Having said that, when he's done and got something he can post up, I think you're gonna think it's pretty sweet! :cool:

Cowboy - in case Ryan hasn't gotten back to you yet - I forwarded the draft via e-mail.

Dave

DaveW
2013.05.10, 12:57 AM
BTE (big track event).
Points series.
Custom body up for grabs.

I need more practice. :eek:

Next Newton GTG May 26th.

RFick73
2013.05.12, 11:26 AM
Next Club GTG:

Sunday, May 26th

Layout to be determined

Hyland Creek Village
6841 138th St., Newton
http://gallery.mailchimp.com/0b6aa3222559729be0b334628/images/Dave_s_Google_Map_2.jpg

http://gallery.mailchimp.com/0b6aa3222559729be0b334628/images/Dave_s_Google_Map_3.jpg

It's a gated complex, when entering, please wait on the other side for the gate to close completely before advancing.

The Club House is in the middle of the complex (it's the only single story building.)
Make use of any parking spot that's not a driveway directly in front of someones unit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people are showing up closer to 11 or 12, come out earlier if you can to help setup or at least start running!

RFick73
2013.05.12, 11:27 AM
Official announcement for May 26th in Newton can be found >>HERE (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=445139&postcount=10)<<

cowboysir
2013.05.27, 02:05 PM
Decent turnout and quality racing (except for me of course) this past Sunday. Thanks again to Dave for hosting and putting up with our track change requests.

Lets hope I can swing better than 5th for the next races. :rolleyes:

My motto for the weekend was "at least I beat Dave (xmodcanuck)!"

Seriously fun time gents...lets all get stoked for the next race on the 9th.

TheSteve
2013.05.27, 02:59 PM
It wasn't a track layout I care to repeat however there were plenty of good laps. I especially enjoyed the laps I did with Derek's and Ryan's F1 cars.
Thanks for everyone's hard work who make these great days happen!

and Derek's Abarth looks killer...

cowboysir
2013.05.27, 07:32 PM
and Derek's Abarth looks killer...

Just wait for my next line up of bodies...Audi, McLaren F1, 03 NSX, Ferrari 430, Ferrari 458, 09 GTR, Force India F1 and Minardi F1 (of course).

No more spending on mini z bodies for me.

DaveW
2013.05.29, 01:26 AM
It wasn't a track layout I care to repeat however there were plenty of good laps....

I have to admit that was an "interesting" layout.
As no one came up with something new (bad DaveW) :mad: we used an adaption of the 2nd track we ever put in this clubhouse.
Steve, you should have seen it before the revision(s) took place. :eek:

Thankfully we have evolved how we design these things since then.

I've got an idea of something much nicer for the 9th. ;)

But ... it was still fun. :D

Thanks again for all who come out and throw down some laps, and to all that help with the setup/teardown.

cowboysir
2013.05.29, 04:41 PM
I've got an idea of something much nicer for the 9th. ;)

Hope it's similar to that layout that had me hitting the top step of the podium and getting within .5sec of grant and Steve's practice times.

Ill be missing the coverage of the Montreal GP...is there any cable hook up in the house?

TheSteve
2013.05.29, 04:57 PM
Too bad I'm not a little closer, we could start with some MiniZ, go watch the F1 and then head back for more racing.

My new AAA's arrived today, all cars will be faster at the next meet...

DaveW
2013.05.31, 12:52 AM
My new AAA's arrived today, all cars will be faster at the next meet...

Great, that's just what we all wanted to hear. :eek:

Ill be missing the coverage of the Montreal GP...is there any cable hook up in the house?

Sorry, no cable in the clubhouse. :(

cowboysir
2013.05.31, 09:06 AM
Sorry, no cable in the clubhouse. :(

So that means you'll make it up to me by laying out that sweet track I had an inspired driving day.

TheSteve
2013.05.31, 12:42 PM
So that means you'll make it up to me by laying out that sweet track I had an inspired driving day.

I vote we give Derek his track layout.

gctkaz
2013.05.31, 02:30 PM
I liked the one we had during the meet after Derek's favourite track :o

It doesn't really matter to me with the BTE coming up though. That's what I'm looking forward to more.

DaveW
2013.06.01, 12:55 AM

I vote we give Derek his track layout.

Sounds like we're gonna have a repeat of a recent layout!

RFick73
2013.06.09, 10:46 PM
Had a blast today on the 90degree rotated repeat layout! :)

Sure, I was in the midle of the pack most of the time, but there was a lot of good racing to be had!

I hope to see averyone out at the VBTE in New Westminster in 2 weeks time!!! :cool:

Let's make it one to remember!!!

RFick73
2013.06.09, 11:16 PM
Next Club GTG:

Sunday, June 23rd

The Layout:
http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac132/RFick73/RC_Stuffs/RCP%20Track%20Layouts/c82ec808-1ce2-4be2-b763-cd2969da0e24_zps975082f8.jpg
As you can see, the track will be a mixture of almost all of the clubs track & Derek (CowboySiR) is graciously bringing most of his track down from Whistler to add to the mix!

The final setup logistics will be worked out on the day of, but basically I foresee us setting up our tables along the bottom portion of the track &
the drivers will stand in front of the tables or along the left hand side of the track.

The room is just under 40'x60' & only cost us a measly $180 to rent it for the day.

The straightaway itself is approx. 45' long!!! :cool:

The VBTE (Very Big Track Event) will be held @ the Freemason's Lower Hall in New Westminster

508 Agnes St., New Westminster, BC

>>Google Map Link (http://goo.gl/maps/6ELrY)<<

http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac132/RFick73/RC_Stuffs/RCP%20Track%20Layouts/Misc_GTGs_Etc/FreeMasonsHall1_zps7653d8b6.jpg

http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac132/RFick73/RC_Stuffs/RCP%20Track%20Layouts/Misc_GTGs_Etc/FreeMasonsHall2_zpsd3433ef0.jpg

The entrance to the room we are renting is along the back road (Victoria Street) of the building.
There is a parking lot immediately beside the building that we can make use of that is also accessible from the back. (Victoria Street)

http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac132/RFick73/RC_Stuffs/RCP%20Track%20Layouts/Misc_GTGs_Etc/FreeMasonsHall3_zps9f04d3c0.jpg

Track setup is @ 9am, Racing by 10-11am & break down will be at 5pm.

There will be plenty of tables & chairs available, but please bring extension cables & power bars with you!

The Entry fee for this GTG is our usual $10

RFick73
2013.06.09, 11:18 PM
The Official link for the Sunday, June 23rd VBTE in New Westminster can be found >>HERE (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=445764&postcount=11)<<

TheSteve
2013.06.09, 11:25 PM
Had a great time today, even if I do complain a lot, lol.

Only ran AWD cars today, both worked great, especially on right hand turns!

DaveW
2013.06.10, 02:06 AM
Thanks to everyone who came out today.
Had an awesome time today, seen some really good battles on the track!

Can't wait for the VBTE, only 2 weeks away!

Make sure you're out for this one and bring/tell everyone you can think of.

cowboysir
2013.06.10, 10:11 AM
I hope I can build up some cars that actually perform this time. :mad: f-ing sucks to have my 2 favorite cars have motor meltdowns during the first 15 minutes of showing up and then only being able to sort of fix one.

Anyways, rant over...

It turns out that the British GP won't be missed...it's on the 28th!:D

Fingers crossed I can build a respectable chassis for the big track...if not ill run my F1 all day. :p

DaveW
2013.06.12, 01:03 AM
I hope I can build up some cars that actually perform this time. :mad: f-ing sucks to have my 2 favorite cars have motor meltdowns during the first 15 minutes of showing up and then only being able to sort of fix one. :p

I'm confident that you'll shake that one off, come out with a great chassis and perhaps a can of whoop?ss.

cowboysir
2013.06.12, 02:16 PM
I'm confident that you'll shake that one off, come out with a great chassis and perhaps a can of whoop?ss.

I certainly hope so...pretty depressing to go from that awesome day in April to tailing the field by a min of 6 laps each session.

My Fiat chassis feels decent so that'll just get a wheel change and swap to the Marlboro GT1. My 98 mm chassis is going to require a bit of work...the front is all cracked and tweaked. Hope a chassis swap will bring back some consistent direction

cowboysir
2013.06.24, 01:46 PM
Had a quick thought about the possible July 21 Whistler event...we may consider booking Newton just in case the weather Kacks out...that way we can send out the day before notification weather dependent.

I'm not carting my track to the underground...they are not cleaning it this year and I'm not about to blow a day doing it myself. It's either outdoors at my house or not at all

DaveW
2013.06.25, 02:05 AM
Had a quick thought about the possible July 21 Whistler event...we may consider booking Newton just in case the weather Kacks out...that way we can send out the day before notification weather dependent.

I'm not carting my track to the underground...they are not cleaning it this year and I'm not about to blow a day doing it myself. It's either outdoors at my house or not at all

I got your back here.
I`ll make the call tomorrow.

To bad about the underground though - That was a great place!
Last time as it was horrible outside and we could still stay outa the winda and rain - heck I wore short`s!

Bummer!

Awe heck - It`s summer - I`m gonna bet we`re coming to your place. :D

RFick73
2013.06.28, 03:58 PM
Next Club GTG:

Sunday, July 7th

The layout for our next GTG is to be determined & layed out by Dave W.

This one will be held @:
Spencer Green
21138 88th Ave., Langley
Buzzer #: 289

>>Google Map (http://rcclubofcanada.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0b6aa3222559729be0b334628&id=512c8dbb6c&e=9971586da3)<<
http://gallery.mailchimp.com/0b6aa3222559729be0b334628/images/Marty_s_Map_1.jpg

http://gallery.mailchimp.com/0b6aa3222559729be0b334628/images/Marty_s_Map_2.jpg

It's a gated complex
Press in the code #289 for the clubhouse.

The Club House is right at the front entrance of the complex
Make use of any parking spot marked guest & please do not park in people's driveways.

RFick73
2013.06.28, 03:59 PM
The official posting for the upcoming GTG on July 7th in Langley can be found >>HERE (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=446072&postcount=12)<<

Hope to see y'all out @ the track!

cowboysir
2013.07.01, 11:03 AM
Pretty sure I can make this one...

Will this be a combo of Marty's and Dave's track?

DaveW
2013.07.02, 01:11 AM
Will this be a combo of Marty's and Dave's track?

Yes, Marty has made his two "wide L's" available so it should be a good sized layout.

gctkaz
2013.07.05, 09:18 PM
Depending on the weather report, I may go for a ride with my scooter group for lunch, so I should show up for 2 hours or so towards the end. Derek rest assured I have your motor mount and Losi micro packed and ready for exchange. Sit tight!

cowboysir
2013.07.08, 08:46 PM
opinions/suggestions are welcome....I'd like to get feedback to tweak (if needed) and get enjoyment for all comers.

Nothing too technical (so i can hopefully rule the day :rolleyes:) and mostly 3 wide....and yes we will be running clockwise (my house my rules):D

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a258/CowboySiR/layout5_zps4dc7d4a6.jpg

TheSteve
2013.07.08, 11:12 PM
Clockwise!!! The way tracks should be.... (I did quite enjoy Dave's layout on the weekend though)

RFick73
2013.07.09, 12:21 AM
Ok, ok...

I've asked which way we should run @ GTG's & on the forums & never really received a solid response.

Since I've finally seen some chatter/feedback in regards to it both from a seasoned veteran RC Racer & an avid racing fan, hence forth we shall run clockwise!!!

:cool:

I know it doesn't really matter, but I want to do what others are doing or is the normal. Me be normal? Yeah, right! :D

See ya in two weeks Derek!

TheSteve
2013.07.09, 04:14 PM
I'm all for a clockwise track direction. And yes I like to complain(but I always have fun). Perhaps though that should just be another variable like the track layout. Maybe mix it up a little and try one direction one meet and the other the next meet. I'm always going to vote for clockwise but an extra challenge never hurt either.

I think many people may be surprised to find their car turns better in one direction then the other. Going the other way exposes these things quickly.

DaveW
2013.07.10, 02:50 AM
Sweet layout - no changes required as far as I'm concerned! - It's ready to run. :cool:

Can't wait! :) but I have to. :(

cowboysir
2013.07.17, 04:11 PM
Trying to get an idea of whistler visitors for the upcoming GTG:

Ryan
DaveW
DaveH
Geoff?

If its just the 5 of us I'm not sure we should bother and we should just set in Newton. I know its a lot to ask of people's time to make the drive all this way...

Any other confirmed?

gctkaz
2013.07.18, 12:24 AM
Weather report looks great so far. You can put Bak Choi as a possibility. I will contact Bak Choi on Saturday to see if he wants to carpool with me. I think Grant is also likely to show up with his super hardcore setup.

It's just a bit of driving for us, Derek I'd say the biggest time commitment is coming from you with all your preparations!

DaveW
2013.07.18, 01:42 AM
I was talking with Colin yesterday and he's undecided.
I'll be speaking with him again tomorrow so I'll try to get a better idea.

My two-bits worth.

Even if it's a smaller crowd, I think it's time for us to do the commuting for a change. It's an super scenic drive.

On top of that,

It's a Big Track.
We get to run outside.
It's only once or twice a year we a chance to visit.
Plus, I know from experience, the food afterward's awesome!

The G
2013.07.18, 02:33 AM
I'm in, what time is set up?

cowboysir
2013.07.18, 09:37 AM
Cool...good to hear its on!

Well be setting in around 8:30-9 and likely get it finished for 10-ish...with some of the track showing up with Dave(?) that'll likely be the only delay.

Ryan has my laptop and hopefully has updated my timing system with the transponder numbers. Ill text him about it.

DaveW, I'd think it might be a good idea to bring your canopies...it's going to be full sun for the first part of the day and some cover might be good.

Well plan for a pizza delivery for lunch but expect whistler prices to be more than average. The slices are way heartier though....

Looking forward to it guys.:D

RFick73
2013.07.18, 10:01 AM
The laptop is up & running! :)

I'll have to work with Dave W. to get the latest transponder listing for ya.
I'm sure we can work something out before Sunday.

I'm glad that it looks like were still on!
I'll be in touch with Derek on Saturday for a final update.

It is a nice scenic ride up, that's for sure! :D

It's also nice to run outside once in a while. :cool:

Look forward to seeing y'all in Whistler!

cowboysir
2013.07.18, 10:24 AM
....and I'm looking forward to my final attempt at driving an AWD! It'll be good to have theG here so i can pick his brain about the BL AWD setup. If it sucks and I still hate driving AWD then I'll be finally selling it in disgust.:D

TheSteve
2013.07.18, 01:28 PM
....and I'm looking forward to my final attempt at driving an AWD! It'll be good to have theG here so i can pick his brain about the BL AWD setup. If it sucks and I still hate driving AWD then I'll be finally selling it in disgust.:D

Gear diff in the front, ball diff in the rear. Select the tires to balance oversteer/understeer. As little drag brake as possible as the drivetrain handles that for you. Front suspension should be quite a bit stiffer then the rear.
With the motor removed ensure the entire drivetrain is very free. No need to gear too aggressive, the brushless motor has good speed. If messing with ICS to set the drag brake also set start power to the lowest possible setting.

I'll likely be painting some trim on the house, have a great time!

cowboysir
2013.07.18, 03:45 PM
Gear diff in the front, ball diff in the rear. Select the tires to balance oversteer/understeer. As little drag brake as possible as the drivetrain handles that for you. Front suspension should be quite a bit stiffer then the rear.
With the motor removed ensure the entire drivetrain is very free. No need to gear too aggressive, the brushless motor has good speed. If messing with ICS to set the drag brake also set start power to the lowest possible setting.

I'll likely be painting some trim on the house, have a great time!

If I was to salvage a gear diff from my buggy should I steal the front or rear one from it (or does it make a diff-erence)?

Otherwise I'm pretty much on your setup tips...maybe a bit stiffer spring for the front.

TheSteve
2013.07.18, 04:04 PM
Front or rear doesn't matter. The stock buggy diff is the same as the stock awd gear diff. If you want an affordable upgrade you can now buy a "hard" buggy gear diff which has the spider gears made of metal. I am very pleased with them so far. The buggy ball diff is also a great option for the awd, much cheaper then the all aluminum ball diff(works better if you add a thrust bearing though).

cowboysir
2013.07.18, 06:46 PM
I realize there's a better place to discuss this but one more tech question on the gear diff front....

I'm guessing the idea behind this setup is to give a nice loose front to lower resistance but give you fast direct pickup in the front once throttle is applied?

Is that the gist of it?

TheSteve
2013.07.18, 07:25 PM
More then anything we just want to tone down the front end. If you use a ball diff and run on a bumpy track the front end will tend to pull right or left on each bump. It doesn't take much of a bump either, the mini96 track joints will easily do it.

Aside from massive oversteer or understeer the secret to a good car is that it will run straight down the straight away with no steering correction from the driver. All really fast cars will be point and shoot.

DaveW
2013.07.19, 02:25 AM
Cool...good to hear its on!

Well be setting in around 8:30-9 and likely get it finished for 10-ish...with some of the track showing up with Dave(?) that'll likely be the only delay.

Ryan has my laptop and hopefully has updated my timing system with the transponder numbers. Ill text him about it.

DaveW, I'd think it might be a good idea to bring your canopies...it's going to be full sun for the first part of the day and some cover might be good.

Looking forward to it guys.:D

Sweet.
Looks like we are go for fun!

There's a box of 50cm track in my garage, which I'm going to hand off to Dave H tomorrow. This means it'll get to whistler before I do! No delay there!

Shade covers also on the way!

I'll work with Ryan to get the transponder numbers ported over.

Can't wait to get up there and run some laps!

Gonna be fun guys.

cowboysir
2013.07.20, 01:52 PM
Everybody better plan on sunscreen and hats....the main part of the day is full sun on the track.

for those needing it I'll have 40shore Kyoshos. I dont know if itll come to that but you never know...

Menu is planned and because of the warm day I'm going to grill some burgers. i know its not Pulled Pork but you guys will have to suffer.:D

Remember that coming this way is with the weekend flow of traffic so give a little bit more time and watch for the cops pulling over speeders. Historically (my past experiences) they watch vigilantly through Lions Bay, Brittania Beach and the pullout by Alice Lake (just past squamish).

see you guys tomorrow.;)

The G
2013.07.20, 07:59 PM
Derek, can i get your address.

cowboysir
2013.07.20, 10:54 PM
If Ryan didn't get the info to you by now:

23-1380 cloudburst dr

Put it in google maps on your phone...

gctkaz
2013.07.21, 12:34 AM
Oh, how we must suffer to eat burgers! :p

Thanks for the speed trap/sunscreen/hat reminder, Mario had some family stuff come up so I will drive up on my bike. I will leave my home around 07:00am, hopefully I will be there in time to catch part of setup.

DaveW
2013.07.24, 01:46 AM
Whistler was AWESOME. (so was the food)

For those of you who prefer to stay closer to home, I've booked the clubhouse here in Surrey for Aug 11.

It's one week after the long weekend, so I hope lotsa people can show up.

Come out and have some fun!

DaveW
2013.07.25, 01:08 AM
Proposed schedule change.

As Derek posted, he would prefer the 18th for his next GTG as the 25th has some challenges.
I'm all for it as it's always a great time running outdoors on the big track! :cool:

I'm proposing to change the GTG here to the 4th from the 11th.
That eliminates the back-to-back weekend thing, but brings up another issue as it is a long weekend.

Can I get some feedback as to whether I should book for the 4th, the 11th or what. :confused:

As far as I'm concerned the Whistler event takes priority as we run here all winter long.

I just don't want to wait a month between gtg's. :D

gctkaz
2013.07.25, 01:35 PM
I have a family event on the 3rd and my cousin has hinted at something which may take place on the 4th so I want to leave that day open. Don't count on me being available that weekend, but don't let that stop you from setting the date if you can get a large enough head count!

cowboysir
2013.07.25, 04:19 PM
See WSRS thread:

Keep the 11th, book the 25th in case Whistler is rained out.

DaveW
2013.07.26, 12:01 AM
Keep the 11th, book the 25th in case Whistler is rained out.

There we have it. Whistler date's decided, so we keep with the 11th down here. I've left a VM to get a tentative for the 25th. :)

RFick73
2013.08.08, 02:12 PM
Next Club GTG:

Sunday, August 11th

Layout to be determined

Hyland Creek Village
6841 138th St., Newton

RFick73
2013.08.08, 02:13 PM
Sunday, August 11th official posting can be found >>HERE (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=446859&postcount=13)<<

gctkaz
2013.08.09, 01:29 PM
I won't make it this coming Sunday, and it looks like there will be lots of family stuff for the rest of the month too. I have also been sorely lacking any interaction with human females so I need to try to do some of that... sorry guys. We'll see how it goes.

RFick73
2013.08.09, 01:43 PM
I have also been sorely lacking any interaction with human females

Just so ya know in advance, be careful, they have cooties! :eek:

cowboysir
2013.08.09, 02:03 PM
i'm going to make it even though it'll be an interesting highway drive with the squamish music fest going on...hopefully leaving early enough to avoid most of the traffic jams.

I also have a finished product for theSteve...teaser pics in a couple hours!;)

Teamcsimon
2013.08.11, 12:13 AM
Gonna miss this with Bak Choy cos there is on road nitro going on tomorrow, have fun guys.

TheSteve
2013.08.11, 11:54 PM
Good day today, tied for fastest lap with The G - 10.29 seconds !!!

cowboysir
2013.08.12, 10:21 AM
Thanks again to DaveW for the space and fun layout...once I found my groove I enjoyed the close battles between me and DaveH.

See you guys in September.

The G
2013.08.13, 11:59 PM
I had a lot of fun. Great on track battles and very clean racing. Thanks for hosting Dave.

RFick73
2013.08.14, 12:08 AM
*cut* and very clean racing.

I think you can chaulk that one up to me being in the pits wrenching the while GTG. :p

DaveW
2013.08.14, 02:13 AM
Awesome running, thanks again for all who came out!

As always it was a great time and yes, great battles!

Next one's set for the 25th.

More info to follow.

TheSteve
2013.08.14, 01:18 PM
As Derek mentioned it was an excellent layout.

The G
2013.08.15, 12:05 AM
I think you can chaulk that one up to me being in the pits wrenching the while GTG. :p

No, that's not it at all. Yes we saw very little of you on track. But your driving and everyone's is improving, except Marty. No matter what sport your into practice is key. When i first started coming to the meets i never raced. To me it's just practice, as i am retired from that scene. I try to average 4 to 5 hours of driving on track. I would however like to race a 24 Hours of Le Mans style event. Since Steve talked me into getting my Us spec car i have enjoyed it. Also added a few cars but need a meet every week.The outdoor 10th scale on road scene is pretty dead. I miss running the fleet. The Mini z cars are the only r/c i presently run. Looking forward to next week and trying the new mods i have made to the cars.

DaveW
2013.08.15, 01:05 AM
Hey "The G" great to see you've joined the club - in a posting kinda way that is. :)

Thanks for the positive feedback - gets "interesting" trying to change it up every time. You can only get so many turns and straights into a 20' x20' space. At least we've reversed direction now so we can reuse all the layouts and they'll seem like new. ;)

Did feel kinda different with Ryan stuck in the pit all day working on those new VE's. Hopefully he'll have them configured and ready to run (or at least test drive) next time. :eek:

RFick73
2013.08.18, 11:30 PM
Next Club GTG:

Sunday, August 25th

Layout to be determined

Hyland Creek Village
6841 138th St., Newton

RFick73
2013.08.18, 11:32 PM
The official posting for Sunday, Aug. 25th GTG in Newton can be found >>HERE (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=447063&postcount=14)<<

The G
2013.08.26, 11:41 PM
Another great event hosted by Dave. A personal favorite track layout that has to be repeated. The overpass just makes it more challenging. My 50th was killer, get it right and you could just lay the power down. Looking forward to the next gtg.

DaveW
2013.08.27, 01:15 AM
Thanks again for everyone who came out.

Had a great time, some good battles!

Smaller then regular turnout but with summer winding down - I get it!

Special thanks to Geoff and Simon - track was setup by 10ish!
Also thanks to Grant and Geoff for the help with teardown.

Next GTG info posted soon!

cowboysir
2013.08.27, 10:08 AM
Pretty disappointed you guys didn't mention missing my witty reparte on race day. :D

Looking forward to getting down for the 8th...I might have a few surprises to show off.

TheSteve
2013.08.27, 04:26 PM
Pretty disappointed you guys didn't mention missing my witty reparte on race day. :D

Looking forward to getting down for the 8th...I might have a few surprises to show off.

I wasn't there either, must have been a very quiet race day!

DaveW
2013.08.28, 12:47 AM
I wasn't there either, must have been a very quiet race day!

Now that you mention it there was a rather unusual quietness around the track from time to time. hmmm. ;)

RFick73
2013.08.28, 03:19 PM
Just a heads up..

Dave W. will be taking some time off from Racing & going Camping on the 8th which would be 2 weeks from our last date.

Currently Colin is looking to book his common room for the 8th.

I will be sure to post with as much info as soon as we know anything.

If Colin's is a bust, we will most likely be in Newton again for the 15th.
If the 8th happens @ Colin's, then we'll most likely be in Newton for the 22nd.

Again, I'll post as soon as we know more.

cowboysir
2013.08.28, 04:45 PM
I hope we can race the 8th....if not I don't think ill see you guys until October.

RFick73
2013.09.02, 05:03 PM
Next Club GTG:

Sunday, Sept 8th

Layout to be determined

This one will be held @ Colin's Club House in Surrey

Hatfield Park Place
6530 - 121st St., Surrey
>>Google Map (http://goo.gl/maps/0h99V)<<
http://gallery.mailchimp.com/0b6aa3222559729be0b334628/images/Colin_s_1.JPG

http://gallery.mailchimp.com/0b6aa3222559729be0b334628/images/Colins_2.JPG

Dave W. will not be attending this GTG as he will be taking vacation time during this weekend.
I will also possibly not be able to attend as I was asked to help cover this Sunday as a co-worker is unable to make it.

Due to this, & the fact that Colin is a generous fellow, there will be no fee for this GTG.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM Colin

RFick73
2013.09.02, 05:07 PM
The official posting for the upcoming GTG @ Colin's can be found >>HERE (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=447285&postcount=15)<<

cowboysir
2013.09.08, 10:59 PM
Awesome day!!! 50cm track, clockwise direction and plenty of laps made for a great time.

Hope Ryan can organize the next layout for the 29th...I think that's my next free Sunday in September.

TheSteve
2013.09.09, 01:25 AM
Had an awesome time today. A huge thank you to Colin for his effort and generosity. He covered the cost of everything today and put out an extreme effort to bring it all together. And Happy Birthday to him!

I loved the track size and the bigger tiles, made for some fast laps.

http://thesteve.ca/colinstrack.jpg

cowboysir
2013.09.09, 10:11 PM
if only the rails would stop reaching out and making my cars spin!?

Seriously good fun though...thanks again Colin! (hope your bday is going well);)

The G
2013.09.10, 11:18 PM
I almost didn't make this one being sick. Thanks to Colin for hosting.

RFick73
2013.09.11, 01:53 PM
Preliminary outlook for the next GTG will be, as requested by Derek, on the **EDIT** 29th **EDIT** & be held in Newton.

I have unfortunately already booked that weekend off for a family outing so I will be missing that one. I'll be out soon, my VE's want to be run!!! :D

We are looking at booking the Guildford 'Forest Manor' location as it's a bit bigger locale & it may be nice to go back to our roots & try it out again & an outing to Langley will be coming up in the near future as well.

Perhaps another New West visit may be in order too in the next few months...

Thoughts?

DaveW
2013.09.12, 01:37 AM
Looks like I missed a good one! Thanks to Colin for hosting!
The pic of the track looks awesome.

Trailer's back home.
Firewood's depleted a bit more. (thanks G it burned great)!
Got a Pink Salmon in the freezer - they're running good now, I'm thinkin' perhaps I gotta get me a fishing rod!

That trip's outa my system - but it's only temporary - It's a re-occurring camping condition that I can't seem to shake.
If I could only host a GTG at my camp site - hmmm - rcp on gravel - probably not a good idea.

Anyway - Our next GTG here is the 29th.
I guess it's better than gravel!

Gonzo007
2013.09.12, 10:56 AM
Thanks for everyone that made it out. I had a blast

I am pretty sure if everyone was up for it I could host another event in October.

We will see what we can put together.

I won't be at Sept 29th. I am going to run OGR first race of the year the day before.

Have a good event.

Colin

cowboysir
2013.09.12, 10:17 PM
Looking forward to the 29th. That weekend is an anniversary of sorts since it'll be 20yrs living in Whistler.

2 thumbs up for the choice of date!

RFick73
2013.09.18, 08:58 AM
Next Club GTG:

Sunday, September 29th

Layout to be determined

Hyland Creek Village
6841 138th St., Newton

The entry fee for this GTG is $10

RFick73
2013.09.18, 09:02 AM
The official posting for the upcoming Sunday, September 29th GTG can be found >>HERE (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=447543&postcount=16)<<

I will not be able to attend as I will be taking my family to the Vancouver Aquarium that day.

Be sure to come out to the GTG & have fun!

DaveW
2013.09.30, 01:23 AM
Thanks to everyone who came out.

I've heard that some thought we weren't on for today - I guess we'll have to advertise better.

For those who missed, we'll see you next time! :)

Here's a pic of today's layout.

http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af150/Dwwiebe01/photo_zps899adf89.jpg (http://s1002.photobucket.com/user/Dwwiebe01/media/photo_zps899adf89.jpg.html)

TheSteve
2013.09.30, 01:48 AM
Thanks for hosting Dave!

The track seemed wider with so few of us out there, yet with Mario, Derek and myself the room was rarely quiet.

A good time was had by all.

gctkaz
2013.09.30, 11:47 AM
Sorry guys, was really busy with work yesterday and I expect to be for the next few months. I still hope to make it out occasionally!

cowboysir
2013.09.30, 11:50 AM
Thanks for hosting Dave!

The track seemed wider with so few of us out there, yet with Mario, Derek and myself the room was rarely quiet.

A good time was had by all.

Ditto...having the "white noise generator" beside me still caused me to lose focus over and over again.:D(thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it.)

cowboysir
2013.10.01, 10:32 AM
Think the 20th works as the next possible date? Next weekend being Can Thanksgiving doesn't really pan out for a lot of people obviously....

DaveW
2013.10.02, 12:05 AM
Think the 20th works as the next possible date? Next weekend being Can Thanksgiving doesn't really pan out for a lot of people obviously....

Yes, as a matter of fact, I do think the 20th is a good date.

The clubhouse is booked - and I'm gonna strive for more advertising effort this time!

DaveW
2013.10.04, 12:06 AM
The October 20th GTG is going to be at Marty's place in Walnut Grove. Not in Newton as previously posted.

This will be our last chance to run there, so let's strive for a bigger turnout. Pass the word around!

We're going to combine Marty's 50cm with our 30cm to come up with something "exciting".

Official notifications to follow.

TheSteve
2013.10.04, 01:35 AM
Awesome I can't wait!

RFick73
2013.10.18, 09:51 AM
Next Club GTG:

Sunday, Oct. 20th

A rough sketch of our next layout, by Dave W.
https://gallery.mailchimp.com/0b6aa3222559729be0b334628/images/photo.1.1.jpg

This one will be held @:
Spencer Green
21138 88th Ave., Langley
Buzzer #: 289

>>Google Map (http://rcclubofcanada.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0b6aa3222559729be0b334628&id=512c8dbb6c&e=9971586da3)<<
http://gallery.mailchimp.com/0b6aa3222559729be0b334628/images/Marty_s_Map_1.jpg

http://gallery.mailchimp.com/0b6aa3222559729be0b334628/images/Marty_s_Map_2.jpg

It's a gated complex
Press in the code #289 for the clubhouse.

The Club House is right at the front entrance of the complex
Make use of any parking spot marked guest & please do not park in people's driveways.

RFick73
2013.10.18, 09:54 AM
The link to the official posting for Sundays GTG can be found >>HERE (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=448026&postcount=17)<<

This will be our last GTG @ Spencer Green as Marty will be moving very soon. :(

Be sure to come on out & make it a great goodbye bash!

cowboysir
2013.10.20, 09:40 PM
Two thumbs up for today's layout!!! Even though I had problems yet again with my cars I enjoyed the snappy reparte with the few people who actually showed.

No more big layouts like this one...:(

See you guys mid November...visiting back east at the end of October.

TheSteve
2013.10.20, 10:05 PM
Two thumbs up for today's layout!!! Even though I had problems yet again with my cars I enjoyed the snappy reparte with the few people who actually showed.

No more big layouts like this one...:(

See you guys mid November...visiting back east at the end of October.

I don't think it was two thumbs you had up when I was looking, lol (and I have pictures to prove it!)

Was an awesome layout today, best ever in Langley. AWD car was dialed, had a great time. Thanks to all who made it possible.

cowboysir
2013.10.20, 11:58 PM
Figured out my VE problem....one of those epic front impacts I took from Ryan stripped 3/4 of my 4th servo gear.

You can put that photo on for when I call you so it comes up on my number....that's what I have for all my call list as well!

DaveW
2013.10.21, 12:21 AM
Had a great day today.
Thanks Marty for hosting one last time before your move.
Thanks also to everyone else coming out, helping out, making this day possible.

http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af150/Dwwiebe01/DSC04413_zps9d6b6beb.jpg (http://s1002.photobucket.com/user/Dwwiebe01/media/DSC04413_zps9d6b6beb.jpg.html)

That's a good long straight away on the right side of the pic - which brings me to my second pic.

My Porsche had a "few" dings from the "odd collision" in the past, but today I graduated into the school of custom bodywork.
Just look at the awesome amount of Creative customization we accomplished in just a spit second! :eek:

Perhaps putting in that hotter motor also has a dark side. :rolleyes:

http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af150/Dwwiebe01/DSC04422_zps83e9a559.jpg (http://s1002.photobucket.com/user/Dwwiebe01/media/DSC04422_zps83e9a559.jpg.html)

That's gonna take a bit of duct tape to fix! :D

TheSteve
2013.10.21, 12:26 AM
Great shot!

cowboysir
2013.10.21, 03:28 PM
Had a great day today.
Thanks Marty for hosting one last time before your move.
Thanks also to everyone else coming out, helping out, making this day possible.

http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af150/Dwwiebe01/DSC04413_zps9d6b6beb.jpg (http://s1002.photobucket.com/user/Dwwiebe01/media/DSC04413_zps9d6b6beb.jpg.html)

That's a good long straight away on the right side of the pic - which brings me to my second pic.

My Porsche had a "few" dings from the "odd collision" in the past, but today I graduated into the school of custom bodywork.
Just look at the awesome amount of Creative customization we accomplished in just a spit second! :eek:

Perhaps putting in that hotter motor also has a dark side. :rolleyes:

http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af150/Dwwiebe01/DSC04422_zps83e9a559.jpg (http://s1002.photobucket.com/user/Dwwiebe01/media/DSC04422_zps83e9a559.jpg.html)

That's gonna take a bit of duct tape to fix! :D

My bad entirely Dave...I hope you'll accept my Marlboro Porsche gt1 as apologies.

DaveW
2013.10.22, 12:05 AM
My bad entirely Dave...I hope you'll accept my Marlboro Porsche gt1 as apologies.

Thanks for your generous offer but there's no apology required.

It's not your fault that I spun out at the end off the long straight pointing back the way I came just as you were launching that beast of a car down the same stretch of track like a F-18 taking off catapult one of the USS Enterprise. :eek:

I'm sure you didn't have missile lock, aiming for the RED "O" in the middle of my hood, you know the one that kinda looks like a TARGET. :mad:

No, I'm sure it was a complete mistake - at least that's what I said when I hit your car earlier in the day. I also said it after when I hit your car again afterwards. So it must be true. If I can say it so can you! ;)

All fun aside, we're good. As far as I'm concerned, I was totally at fault - I got in the way. :)

The cars in the body shop - and, besides,
I have collision.

cowboysir
2013.10.25, 09:17 AM
Thinking about the 9th for the next GTG? I don't know what others plans are but I'll be back from my east coast visit by then....

DaveW
2013.10.26, 01:20 AM
Thinking about the 9th for the next GTG? I don't know what others plans are but I'll be back from my east coast visit by then....

Funny you ask.
I've reserved the clubhouse here for Sunday the 10th.
That's also a long weekend so if I could get some feedback from people whether they can/will attend or not, I'd appreciate it.
We usually avoid long weekends, but if we can get enough interest, we'll run.
You can post it here or PM me - just let me know.

Thanks

cowboysir
2013.10.26, 07:23 PM
i forgot its a long weekend....i can't believe how stupid I am considering its an important holiday in canadian history.

That being said, I'm still up for it, obviously. I'm in as long as it doesnt snow that weekend.;)

Timmigrant
2013.11.02, 02:30 PM
I dragged my old Mini-Z out and itching to run it again. Would love to come check out one of these events!

cowboysir
2013.11.03, 02:40 PM
You're more than welcome to join in the action.

Now we just have to figure out if there's interest in racing this Sunday or not.

xmodcanuck
2013.11.03, 04:30 PM
Now we just have to figure out if there's interest in racing this Sunday or not.

It's not very often that Nov 11 makes a long weekend so it's not like people plan to go away like a May long weekend.

I don't have 'long weekend' plans so if Sarah's not working, I'll be there.

TheSteve
2013.11.03, 07:04 PM
I plan to be there!

cowboysir
2013.11.03, 07:36 PM
Sweet...the list develops!

We should get Ryan to send out a feeler text to the club and send a reminder so we can get people motivated...

Mario better show or I'll sell his Eneos Lexus to the highest bidder. :D

DaveW
2013.11.03, 09:03 PM
Good to see some feedback here!

We'll proceed as planned.

Ryan's asked about and is going to get the word out.

DaveW
2013.11.03, 09:12 PM
I dragged my old Mini-Z out and itching to run it again. Would love to come check out one of these events!

Drop by any day we're running. Bring your car and run some laps.

Info can be found right here in the announcement thread.

Teamcsimon
2013.11.04, 12:49 AM
Most likely I could make this one cos this is a long weekend, no work on Saturday this week. I'll try to get Mario to this one too.

DaveW
2013.11.04, 01:20 AM
Most likely I could make this one cos this is a long weekend, no work on Saturday this week. I'll try to get Mario to this one too.

Sweet!

Looking forward to a good crowd ! :D

RFick73
2013.11.04, 01:31 AM
Next Club GTG:

Sunday, November 10th

Layout to be determined

Hyland Creek Village
6841 138th St., Newton

RFick73
2013.11.04, 01:32 AM
Sundays Official GTG post can be found >>HERE (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=448290&postcount=18)<<

TheSteve
2013.11.04, 06:38 PM
With any luck I think Dan may be in for this Sunday as well.

gctkaz
2013.11.05, 02:17 AM
I am going to do everything I can to make it out to this one, or at least part of it. Really hope I can make it, I've been absent too long!

FocusOne
2013.11.05, 02:36 PM
I won't be able to make it to this one -__-

cowboysir
2013.11.05, 11:48 PM
Found out I'm not at this one either...father in laws birthday and we're making lunch up here for him.

From the roll call it sounds like I'm going to miss a big turnout.

Bummer:(

gctkaz
2013.11.07, 12:37 AM
Might be a false alarm. It's only Wednesday and I am already utterly pooped, and I will have errands to run this weekend to add to the backlog of work I need to catch up on :(

TheSteve
2013.11.10, 09:10 PM
Great track today Dave, thank you to yourself and everyone else who helped to make it possible. I have to say there was an outstanding amount of clean driving today, by far the best I have seen.

Well other then Mr "Cheater foam", he drove terrible all day, lol.

and we missed you Derek, its just not the same without you cursing.

http://thesteve.ca/track.jpg

cowboysir
2013.11.10, 09:31 PM
Got Foam? LOL! I think we have to start hiding his box of foam tires on him...

I missed swearing up a storm today guys...I'd post my usual departure salute here but I'd probably get an instaban.:rolleyes:

That looked like a sweet layout!

Anyhow, I hope the weather will cooperate for some work for me soon and give me the next upcoming GTG sunday for racing.;)

BTW, I recently acquired a mini-96 so i hope to neaten it up and set it in my spare room for practice....maybe it'll help me improve my array of salty language.

DaveW
2013.11.11, 12:46 AM
That was awesome!

Thanks to all who came out. From the feedback, I was thinking it was going to another one of those "quieter type" days but it turned out good.

There was a lot of great driving today. Some nice battles.

Like Steve said, there seemed to be a lot less "carnage" today.
It was also somewhat quieter around the track perimeter. hmmm.
Wonder if there's a connection?
Naw, there were a few people missing, must be my imagination! ;)

I appreciate all the help setting up/tearing down. It's not as fun as throwing down some laps but it's kinda important!

I've booked the clubhouse for Dec 1st.
That'll likely be our last GTG for the year!

Mark your calendars!

cowboysir
2013.11.11, 01:41 PM
That was awesome!

Like Steve said, there seemed to be a lot less "carnage" today.
It was also somewhat quieter around the track perimeter. hmmm.
Wonder if there's a connection?
Naw, there were a few people missing, must be my imagination! ;)

I've booked the clubhouse for Dec 1st.
That'll likely be our last GTG for the year!

Mark your calendars!

Pretty sure comments in there were directed at me....I can't help myself sometimes.

You guys should worry if I'm quiet...that's when I'm actually angry about something.

Fingers crossed for no snow on the 1st!

DaveW
2013.11.12, 12:48 AM
Pretty sure comments in there were directed at me....I can't help myself sometimes.

You guys should worry if I'm quiet...that's when I'm actually angry about something.

Fingers crossed for no snow on the 1st!

Oops! :o

It appears that my attempt at a quick stab at poking humor about the carnage on the track missed that mark. I gotta go back to humor school or something!

As far people being "verbal" around the track goes. That it a huge part of what makes this so much fun. If it wasn't for all the trash talking/cheers and geers it'd just be a bunch of guys driving cars around.

Also hoping for no snow! :)

cowboysir
2013.11.22, 09:46 PM
Does anyone in the club still run the McLaren F1GT? I'm thinking I recall Simon maybe but anyone else...?

I may have a one off body for a McLaren runner but I don't have a front clip.

Either that or I'll get a nose clip off Steve and keep it. :D

Teamcsimon
2013.11.24, 01:45 AM
Does anyone in the club still run the McLaren F1GT? I'm thinking I recall Simon maybe but anyone else...?

I may have a one off body for a McLaren runner but I don't have a front clip.

Either that or I'll get a nose clip off Steve and keep it. :D

Hey Derek, I'm using a alumi. one, I still have the plastic one, you can have it if you want.

cowboysir
2013.11.25, 03:28 PM
weather shaping up to Kack out on me...I may not be able to get to this one. This really sucks because I wanted to show off my new bodies and bring mario his SC430.:(

Maybe if the snow cooperates and i finish work early enough I'll make the drive but I'm not feeling positive about it.

RFick73
2013.11.27, 12:17 PM
Next Club GTG:

Sunday, December 1st

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/0b6aa3222559729be0b334628/images/IMG_1143_1_.1.jpg

Hyland Creek Village
6841 138th St., Newton

RFick73
2013.11.27, 12:21 PM
The official posting for the next upcoming GTG can be found >>HERE (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=448678&postcount=19)<<

Wow, 19 documented GTG's in a year.
I know there were a couple that didn't make it to the forum to get posted too!
That's a good year! Almost 2 a month! Well done guys!

Lets try for 24 next year!!!

I regret that I don;t think I'll be able to make it out for the last GTG of the year. =(

I'm gunna try to though, darn job interfering with my fun time!

TheSteve
2013.12.01, 09:11 PM
Quite the race day... It was a busy busy track at times with very few places to hide it seemed. I can't give anyone a clean driving award today. The winner of the races was the lucky one who got taken out the least.

Still I hope everyone had a good time, I know I did.

Thanks to Dave for hosting and everyone else who makes it all possible. We did a lot of meets this year, fingers crossed we can do even more in the future.

cowboysir
2013.12.01, 10:04 PM
I think I should send out some apologies to the group today...my cars seemed to have issues every timed race and it made for inconsistent driving feel. My attempts at lightening the constant whining/complaining about hacking didn't seem to go over with a few people so please take my apologies at face value here and now.

I feel we shouldn't take ourselves too seriously though...when I groan about getting spun around in the opening laps by the faster guys that start behind the group (why do we line up like that again? It seems it'd make more sense to set the premier leaguers in the front so they can at least get around once and then pass) I hope everyone understands I'm trying to be funny. If i'm having problems with my car I'm not deliberately or purposefully blocking/hacking...I'm sure opinions vary but that is not my plan when i get on track.:rolleyes:

Otherwise, I'd say a decent event with a fun, challenging layout to drive. Kudos to Dave and all who set up.

Hope everyone has a good Christmas and New Years... see you next season.:D

gctkaz
2013.12.01, 10:04 PM
Thanks all for a fun day. I certainly enjoyed it and almost all my cars were well-behaved (sometimes). I was quite pleased with some laps I got on both 70T and 50T rigs. I hope by the next meet I will have a new toy to try.

You all enjoy a happy politically-correct festive winter season and new year, see you next year!

DaveW
2013.12.02, 12:29 AM
Thanks everyone for a great day.
That was our last GTG for the year and I'd say we went out with a bang!

And a bash, smash, crunch as well!

Pretty good turn out made for some interesting running both for the timed events and open practice.

Traffic was certainly a factor on how cleanly one made it around the track.

Here's where all the fun took place.

http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af150/Dwwiebe01/IMG_11501_zpsbf6e76cc.jpg (http://s1002.photobucket.com/user/Dwwiebe01/media/IMG_11501_zpsbf6e76cc.jpg.html)

Note the holiday lights on the timing bridge.

That festive creation (distraction) backfired as I got turned around at that corner and got smoked by 4 cars in rapid succession, the last one taking my body right off! I think it was 4 - it happened so fast.

That's just the kinda day it was!

cowboysir
2013.12.25, 12:12 AM
Just a quick shout out to wish everyone in the club a Merry Xmas. Hope we all get plenty of RC gear for next years GTGs...

TheSteve
2013.12.25, 04:43 AM
Just a quick shout out to wish everyone in the club a Merry Xmas. Hope we all get plenty of RC gear for next years GTGs...

Merry Christmas all!!!

More parts and new toys have already been ordered, laps times continue to improve on the test track.

xmodcanuck
2013.12.25, 05:14 PM
Merry Christmas fellow Z-racers.

Mr.Claus brought me exactly what I wanted...........I should hope so, I was Santa.

DaveW
2013.12.26, 02:00 AM
A quick "late in the day" MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone.
I hope everyone had a GREAT day.
Our next GTG is delayed until Jan 12 as someone else reserved the clubhouse for the 5th about 3 months ago but I wasn't aware of it. :(

However, that gives more time to practice and fine-tune your car's for our first GTG of the year.

Can't wait as it's already been to long. :D

You know the drill - official announcements to follow.

Merry Xmas,

Dave

gctkaz
2013.12.26, 02:11 PM
Happy belated Christmas, gentlemen.

I'm looking forward to the 2014 GTGs, hope to see you all in a few weeks!

Gonzo007
2013.12.27, 12:51 PM
A quick "late in the day" MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone.
I hope everyone had a GREAT day.
Our next GTG is delayed until Jan 12 as someone else reserved the clubhouse for the 5th about 3 months ago but I wasn't aware of it. :(

However, that gives more time to practice and fine-tune your car's for our first GTG of the year.

Can't wait as it's already been to long. :D

You know the drill - official announcements to follow.

Merry Xmas,

Dave

Merry Late Christmas to everyone.

I won't be able to make that meet again. I will be on the island for a race. Have a good meet.

Colin

RFick73
2014.01.02, 01:23 PM
I'll be closing the 2013 Chat thread within the next few weeks so be sure to migrate the chat over to this thread.

The reason I break it out each year is to make sure the thread doesn't get out of control size wise & makes it easier to search.

Here's to an awesome 2014 Season!
Make sure to subscribe to this thread to get updates!

RFick73
2014.01.02, 01:28 PM
I'm making a new 2014 Mini-Z GTG Season (Announcements) thread so we can archive the old GTG dates and easily find the new ones for the upcoming Season!

Be sure to subscribe to changes in this Thread!

It will be kept closed as it is for announcements only.
Please use the new 2014 Chat thread that can be found >>HERE (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39535)<<

RFick73
2014.01.02, 01:33 PM
Next Club GTG:

Sunday, Jan. 12th

Layout to be determined

Hyland Creek Village
6841 138th St., Newton

RFick73
2014.01.02, 01:34 PM
The official posting for the upcoming GTG on Sunday, Jan. 12th in Newton can be found >>HERE (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=449254&postcount=2)<<

RFick73
2014.01.02, 01:37 PM
Hey all, please be sure to start moving your chat over to the new thread >>HERE (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39535)<< as this thread will be closing soon.

I will keep it around for archiving purposes.

Be sure to UnSubscribe from updates on this thread & Subscribe to the new thread.

Thank You!

RFick73
2014.01.02, 01:40 PM
Hey all,

Please be sure to UnSubscribe from this thread & Subscribe to the new 2014 Announcements thread that can be found >>HERE (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39536)<<

Thank You.

cowboysir
2014.01.02, 09:37 PM
I'm hoping my back/shoulder/arm will be recovered by then....it got seriously screwed up a couple weeks ago and I'm still struggling with nerve pain level 10 in my forearm. It makes it hard to use the steering on my tx.

Fingers crossed I can recover enough and it doesn't snow

TheSteve
2014.01.03, 12:58 PM
Hope it gets better Derek - if not and it is long term a stick radio may be an option.

DaveW
2014.01.03, 11:36 PM
Hopin' for a speedy recovery.

Perhaps TheSteve might be onto something - a lot less twisting action.

TheSteve
2014.01.12, 09:13 PM
Great layout and tons of great driving today! Thanks for hosting Dave, sure seemed like everyone had a great time.

cowboysir
2014.01.12, 09:43 PM
:(. Bummer I missed it...hope the weather cooperates for the next one

RFick73
2014.01.12, 11:43 PM
I'm so sad & miffed that my job has me working Sundays. It's killing me!
For the past 8months I've been itching to get out & hang with y'all & run ya off the track. :D
At least I HAVE a job... :rolleyes:

It was looking like I may have Sundays off, but that was shot down bu the other guy. *grumbles* :mad:

I've asked to have the 26th off, so we'll see how it goes.
Hopefully I should be out in two weeks @ the next GTG in Newton.

Hope ta see y'all there!

The G
2014.01.13, 01:24 AM
I had a very nice and relaxing day. No in your face drama. Thanks once again for hosting Dave.

DaveW
2014.01.13, 02:03 AM
Thanks to everyone who came out and participated in setup/teardown and of course throwing some laps down.

The day started out pretty slow.
We had the track pretty much down by 10:00.
Fully up with the timing/projection by 10:30.
Thanks to the "morning shift" here. :)

As the day progressed we had more people drop by till we had a good number in the afternoon.
Lotsa nice battles, pretty clean for the most part, "stuff" happens sometimes. ;)

At days end, teardown was so quick, I was amazed.
The track was down, boxed, back to my place, everyone's personal gear packed up, clubhouse tables/chairs/furniture back to where it belongs, in under 30 minutes.
Thanks to the "afternoon shift" here. :)

Special thanks for those how do "double duty".

http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af150/Dwwiebe01/20140112_1430541_zpsfa035ba9.jpg (http://s1002.photobucket.com/user/Dwwiebe01/media/20140112_1430541_zpsfa035ba9.jpg.html)

Here's a pic of today's layout.

Our next GTG is set for the Jan 26th.

gctkaz
2014.01.13, 12:45 PM
Everybody has gotten so fast, I was the slowest driver of the day! It's cool to see how everyone improved in only one year. I might need to tune my car and my skills a bit for next time :)

cowboysir
2014.01.13, 05:46 PM
Everybody has gotten so fast, I was the slowest driver of the day! It's cool to see how everyone improved in only one year. I might need to tune my car and my skills a bit for next time :)

Be there on the 26th and I promise to still be slower than you, Geoff. :D

RFick73
2014.01.19, 07:03 PM
Next Club GTG:

Sunday, Jan. 26th

http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac132/RFick73/RC_Stuffs/RCP%20Track%20Layouts/2014-01-26Resized_zps2aa2e262.jpg

Hyland Creek Village
6841 138th St., Newton

RFick73
2014.01.19, 07:09 PM
Hey guys!

The official announcement for next weeks GTG can be found >>HERE (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=449499&postcount=3)<<

I have come out of retirement & booked the day off & I WILL be there!!!

The track layout goes back a bit more to our roots with a wee bit more 60cm than were used to, but I think we can handle it!

It's just a propposed layout afterall, you don't have to listen to me. (I talked myself out of a 30cm wide section that I know Dave W would have loved!)

I hope to see y'all out at the track.

TheSteve
2014.01.19, 07:40 PM
I won't be able to make the meet, so you will all have to manage without my comments and heckling.

I have noticed when the track is 3 tiles wide the meets appear to be more successful with a lot less drama.

gctkaz
2014.01.19, 10:32 PM
The level of drama might be related to the track width, but I don't think it co-relates with success! ;)
I think a day of drama with all the usual suspects would still be fun, unless your car gets stepped on...

I have my sights on an Atomic AMZ, just waiting for some Paypal funds to show up but I doubt I will have the chassis in time for the 26th. Probably will not be able to make a purchase until mid-week, I just hope the stock at tinyrc shop doesn't run dry before then!.

edit: AMZ ordered from tinyrc! With Priority shipping to US, it might be delivered during the week and then I can go get it on Saturday. Fingers crossed!

cowboysir
2014.01.19, 11:01 PM
If it was me, I'd make the most of our 90cm opportunities.

It's nice to use all your track up but if it's at the expense of not being able to pass without bumping/rubbing it affects everyone's day of racing.

RFick73
2014.01.20, 11:54 PM
It's not so much about using the track up, I miss some of the good ol' tight layouts.

Don't get me wrong, I prefer the nice open & flowing ones, but a little of this, & a little of that is nice from time to time.

I've put together an offering layout wise, it's been forever since I last did. =/
I say we put er down & make changes as we see fit & go with what everyone wants on the day of course.

I hope to see y'all out @ the track!

xmodcanuck
2014.01.21, 03:17 AM
I'm gonna throw my 2cents in here too. I agree about the 3 wide. Running a 2 tile track is fine if it's 3 or 4 or maybe 5 cars on track but when there's the potential for 9 or 10 or 12 cars, 3 wide is the only way to go. As one of the slower drivers, I personally find it way easier to move out of the way with 3 tiles.

cowboysir
2014.01.21, 08:54 AM
The problem I see with "laying it out and making changes" is that once you've gotten that design placed there's very little leeway for adding space.

The other problem with "technical" track layouts is the disparity between our club's driver abilities and power levels on chassis. You can drive as precise as you want and still have your flow ruined by faster cars who take liberties with the difference in overall speeds and passing locations.

I really hope you can plan on some wider areas in your layout, Ryan.

RFick73
2014.01.21, 02:26 PM
Sigh... :p

I've heard your pleas & cries! :D I've got another masterpiece I'd like to submit!

How's this guy look? Limited 60cm & a small 90cm technical section. :cool:
Click >>HERE (http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac132/RFick73/RC_Stuffs/RCP%20Track%20Layouts/2014-01-26_zps00829289.jpg?t=1390332173)<< for the larger version

http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac132/RFick73/RC_Stuffs/RCP%20Track%20Layouts/2014-01-26Resized_zps2aa2e262.jpg

cowboysir
2014.01.21, 06:29 PM
I think that'll do just fine.

As for your "sigh..." comment, i hope you understand where I'm coming from when I request a smoother more open layout...

Imagine you drive 2hrs to get to a GTG, have a 60cm layout with 8-10 guys (5 of which are faster than me and 2 maybe 3 of them don't look ahead enough to avoid my slower car) and I spend much of the day bitching about getting helped off my line then I get to drive home another 2hrs....

If it comes to that i might as well just stay home...at least with 90cm there's a chance i can get out of the way and those who don't look far enough can avoid my slower car.

Thanks Ryan.;)

TheSteve
2014.01.21, 06:52 PM
I think the revised layout looks like a great track to drive, I'm a sucker for overpasses.

RFick73
2014.01.22, 12:52 PM
As for your "sigh..." comment, i hope you understand where I'm coming from when I request a smoother more open layout...

My wife would like to know if you would care for some nice fine cheese? :D

I do hope your able to make it down on Sunday!

cowboysir
2014.01.22, 04:33 PM

Yes Please...

When you set up a technical track at home you should have the wife drive it and then ask her if she'd drive 4 totalhrs to compete with others (and you with your snappy barbs about "whining") ;)

With Steve missing there will be less play by play on my terrible driving, though!

TheSteve
2014.01.22, 05:15 PM
With Steve missing there will be less play by play on my terrible driving, though!

True Story

DaveW
2014.01.23, 01:43 AM

Just like in grade school. If you're gonna bring cheese, bring enough for everyone. ;)

Cause I like cheese, especially the "fine stuff". :D

Good job on the second layout - It'll be fun to run.

cowboysir
2014.01.26, 09:45 PM
Who's got 2 thumbs and had the best day in surrey racing mini z?

This guy. :D

Honestly thought it went really well. Nice layout and tough competition. Good times....

gctkaz
2014.01.26, 09:54 PM
Fantastic layout, I loved it. Hard to believe after all the dramatic discussion. Sub-9-second lap times for such a long distance to cover means excellent flow, and great driving from everybody. Those were some of the closest races in memory, with first and last place separated by only one lap.

Happy bday xmodcanuck, thanks for sharing the cake (and thanks to Mrs. cowboysir for making it)

DaveW
2014.01.26, 11:36 PM
Awesome day.

As always, thanks to all who can out.

There was a lot of fun battles on the track today, and as mentioned, the heats had plenty of close finishes.

It's nice to note we had a couple of "new (to us)" drivers visit, and hopefully, they'll make our gtg's part of their routine.

Here was todays track

http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af150/Dwwiebe01/20140126_0957281_zpsacc56796.jpg (http://s1002.photobucket.com/user/Dwwiebe01/media/20140126_0957281_zpsacc56796.jpg.html)

cowboysir
2014.01.27, 08:33 AM
Pretty sure that's mine. Ill grab it next time I make it.

The G
2014.01.28, 07:41 PM
I had a great day. Thanks again to Dave for hosting. A great track layout, one to be repeated. I also really enjoyed the cake.

cowboysir
2014.01.28, 11:15 PM
So is there a date set for the next gtg? My 020 parts came in the mail and I hope to get it together soon for some home practice.

Since the home practice did well for my 03 I'm excited to get some more driving "in anger".:D

TheSteve
2014.01.28, 11:55 PM
Nobody told me there was going to be cake...

DaveW
2014.01.29, 01:27 AM
Nobody told me there was going to be cake...

And what a good cake it was!!!

Later I found out we had a small crowd with Jan birthdays - yourself included.

So happy birthday to all you January guys!

Sorry you missed out on the cake Steve. :(

DaveW
2014.01.29, 01:37 AM
So is there a date set for the next gtg? :D

It's either the 9th or the 16th.
I checked the calendar and both dates are available for the clubhouse as of tonight.
The 9th is a long weekend but it's up to you guys. I'm game if you are.

Post up some feedback and we'll go from there!

I'd like to decide within a couple of days. :)

Thanks

Dave

cowboysir
2014.01.29, 09:15 AM
Isn't the feb long weekend something ridiculous like "family day"?

I'm in for either if the weather cooperates.

DaveW
2014.02.01, 12:27 AM
Due to a number of factors the long weekend is getting to be a busy one.

I've booked the clubhouse for the 16th.

Hope to see you there.

TheSteve
2014.02.01, 12:29 AM
awww, I thought family day = MiniZ day

FocusOne
2014.02.01, 01:17 AM
crap, yet another day where I can't make it -__-

cowboysir
2014.02.01, 11:46 AM
At least this will likely let me get my 020 ready and give me some practice with it.

Fingers crossed for clear weather.

RFick73
2014.02.11, 10:22 AM
Next Club GTG:

Sunday, Feb. 16th

Layout to be determined

Hyland Creek Village
6841 138th St., Newton

RFick73
2014.02.11, 10:25 AM
The official posting for the upcoming GTG: Sunday, Feb. 16th in Newton can be found >>HERE (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=450021&postcount=4)<<

Still no change in my schedule yet. Who know's when I'll be back out again. :confused:

cowboysir
2014.02.14, 02:54 PM
It's looking pretty unlikely that I'll be able to make this Sunday...we finally have a real weather system on our doorstep and today is day 5 and looks like we've got another 7 to go.

Don't miss me too much though. Once I'm done work I'll be skiing powder. :D

If events change ill do my best to come race.

TheSteve
2014.02.14, 05:44 PM
Break out the good bodies people, Derek can't make it!

oh wait, hmm, now that wasn't very nice. I have fets for you!

cowboysir
2014.02.14, 06:41 PM
Break out the good bodies people, Derek can't make it!

oh wait, hmm, now that wasn't very nice. I have fets for you!

BURN!:D

Since I got my mini-96 i have seemed to improved a bit and my setup changes I made to my 03's has transformed them into decent race chassis...I held my own pretty well in the last event and if i recall there was one race where due to Grants bad luck in the beginning we all finished within a lap of each other in the top 5.

As for the board it'll most likely have to wait...on the off chance the weather cooperates check your pms Sunday morning before you head to Newton and if i've messaged you it means I'll make it.

gctkaz
2014.02.14, 07:04 PM
And I'll be sliming up the track again with my Atomic front tires if I can't get tires from Derek :p

I've some work to catch up with so I might have to leave shortly after lunch time. Maybe that means I can travel a bit lighter if I don't have to bring a battery charger and I won't leave too much crud on the track.

TheSteve
2014.02.17, 12:54 AM
Thanks for hosting today Dave. Great layout that looked simple yet was tough to get each turn perfect. The overpass always entertains!

DaveW
2014.02.17, 02:01 AM
Thanks for hosting today Dave. Great layout that looked simple yet was tough to get each turn perfect. The overpass always entertains!

Thanks,

After the original was laid down Geoff and Dave H. made some mods that really made it better than designed - thanks guys.

Also, thanks to everyone else who came out and made it a great day.

In other news:

Marty has offered us the opportunity for another GTG at his place (spenser green) in Langley. I'm trying to see if we can get Ryan out there so I'm holding off on a date pending his feedback, looks like it's going to be later in the month, perhaps the 23rd.

I'll keep you informed as this plays out.

In the mean time, We'll have another one here prior, I'll confirm availability tomorrow and post it up. It'll be 2nd or the 9th, I'm shooting for the 2nd.

Here's today's layout. Thanks guys.

http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af150/Dwwiebe01/20140216_1635521_zps793e7107.jpg (http://s1002.photobucket.com/user/Dwwiebe01/media/20140216_1635521_zps793e7107.jpg.html)

xmodcanuck
2014.02.17, 11:29 PM
Marty has offered us the opportunity for another GTG at his place (spenser green) in Langley. I'm trying to see if we can get Ryan out there so I'm holding off on a date pending his feedback, looks like it's going to be later in the month, perhaps the 23rd.

I'll keep you informed as this plays out.

In the mean time, We'll have another one here prior, I'll confirm availability tomorrow and post it up. It'll be 2nd or the 9th, I'm shooting for the 2nd.

I vote for the 2nd and the 16th and then langley on the 30th. 3 weeks is too long.

cowboysir
2014.02.18, 09:24 PM
I vote for the 2nd and the 16th and then langley on the 30th. 3 weeks is too long.

What he said:

Btw, if we're planning a gtg at Marty's will he combine his track with the clubs? I can't be counted on weather wise...

DaveW
2014.02.19, 12:06 AM
Btw, if we're planning a gtg at Marty's will he combine his track with the clubs? I can't be counted on weather wise...

Marty's already agreed he'll have his track there to combine with ours.

DaveW
2014.02.19, 12:39 AM

I agree with the 3 week thing, especially this time of year, with all the rotten weather.

We're a go for the 2nd - clubhouse is booked.

I've put a tentative on it for the 16th - I going on a course for work and want to check the date to make sure there are no conflicts.

I'll try to firm things up sooner than later for rest of the month.

DaveW
2014.02.22, 11:45 PM

Here we are!

2nd and 16th in Newton and the 30th at Marty's.

cowboysir
2014.02.23, 01:22 PM
who's got 2 thumbs and hopes the weather cooperates?....this guy.:D

cowboysir
2014.02.26, 09:52 PM
With the 3 different weather readings from the pattern about to come into the Whistler area i cant say for sure if I'm there on Sunday.

One says snow, another says cold and slight chance of snow and one says freaking cold and sun with snow on Monday.:confused:

Anyhow, I've got fingers crossed it holds till Monday cause i'm keen to not shovel and go "race".

stay tuned for a Sunday morning report for those i owe money/buying stuff from.;)

cowboysir
2014.03.01, 09:26 PM
I'm officially out...snow here and projected snow in Vancouver I'm not driving in sh1+ weather all day long.

See you in 2 weeks. TheSteve I still want that F40 so don't foist it on anyone else.

TheSteve
2014.03.01, 10:17 PM
I'm officially out...snow here and projected snow in Vancouver I'm not driving in sh1+ weather all day long.

See you in 2 weeks. TheSteve I still want that F40 so don't foist it on anyone else.

No worries, still have it here. I might be there tomorrow, might stay home and work on other projects, haven't decided yet.

The G
2014.03.03, 10:00 PM
Thanks to Dave for hosting. A great test and tune day. Good on tracks battles. The bare roads seemed to scare people away. I did however see a few snow flakes.

DaveW
2014.03.04, 12:40 AM

Good call.
There was plenty off problems on the Sea to Sky due to the weather. I believe it was also closed for a while.

Seems to have been a "snow" day all around.

Streets around here were clear. They take pretty good care of the street in from of my place here as there's a lot of traffic along there.
Of course, that doesn't take into account getting outa your own driveway or side streets though!

Plenty of space for open running and yes, plenty of good battles when the cars got closer together.

Check it out!

http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af150/Dwwiebe01/20140302_1227221_zps8e0ce957.jpg (http://s1002.photobucket.com/user/Dwwiebe01/media/20140302_1227221_zps8e0ce957.jpg.html)

cowboysir
2014.03.15, 09:08 PM
It looks like I'm going to get screwed yet again...what was supposed to be 6c and rain turned into 1c/0c and the possibility of 30cms of snow. Even if we get 5 to 10 of wet snow I'm going to be crushed at the end of it and likely won't drive down.:(

I'm all packed and thinking positive though...i'll post here in the AM if I'm coming or not.

gctkaz
2014.03.15, 09:34 PM
I should be able to make it tomorrow. Steve, will you have a transponder for sale?

FocusOne
2014.03.16, 12:45 AM
One again, I won;t be able to make it tomorrow.

However, I do plan on going to Marty's for the GTG in Langley on 30th (if it's still going to happen). I'll finally get to race after all these months, and I'll finally be able to give CowboySiR his transmitter XD

cowboysir
2014.03.16, 11:04 AM
The weather gods cooperated....I'm in! Be there 10:30ish!

cowboysir
2014.03.16, 09:35 PM
Thanks again for making a great track for some good close racing, Dave! Two thumbs up!!!!:D

TheSteve
2014.03.16, 09:40 PM
What a great day, fun layout, the MA020 was on fire(9.13 fastest lap) and Derek not only made me a custom Audi he also told me I was number 1 when he left!

Thanks for hosting Dave.

I'd also like to say it was the cleanest day of MiniZ running I have ever seen.

gctkaz
2014.03.16, 10:06 PM
A great day of driving from everyone! I was afraid every time xmodcanuck passed me, because in my head I was already thinking "That's a lap I'm never getting back". It might have been a track layout that allowed people to drive very consistent laps.

I'm uncertain if I will make it to Marty's meet since I will be out of town and just returning late Saturday evening prior. I might prefer to rest for a day.

cowboysir
2014.03.16, 11:49 PM
I found out it was a repeat course so the Dave's and grant had practice from the previous GTG.

In retrospect I feel pretty good about my days laps.