PDA

View Full Version : PNWC 2012 Final Race host by Insideline Racing

PNracing
2012.04.25, 07:57 PM
PNWC 2012 Final Race host by Insideline Racing

Vallco/Cupertino Square Mall
2nd floor, across from the food court
10123 N. Wolfe Road, Cupertino, CA 95014, USA.

Nov 9-11, 2012

Open for everyone signup this year, no need qualify at regional,

booking your ticket to airport SJC (9.6 miles) or airport SFO (33 miles),

hotel information will be upload soon.

bcpzx3
2012.04.30, 05:16 PM
Sounds great! Sign me up for Stock GT and Stock Pan please.

chad508
2012.04.30, 07:46 PM
this should end up being a big event being on the west coast. i looked into flights and its not to bad. if things look good around that time of year i hope to make it out

ucdinh
2012.05.01, 04:09 PM
Sweeet! We'll be there for sure.

PNracing
2012.08.01, 03:11 PM
another question: Is the track layout for the Novemeber race going to be public? Or will it be the same design as your regional layout?

Sure will be difference to regional, and the size will be huge.

chad508
2012.08.01, 06:27 PM
when we had the worlds in myrtle beach. the layout was designed and layed out the night before the first day of practice. so who ever was there to help put it down got to see it but no one got to run on it.
i would also assume all classes offered at the regionals will be offered at the worlds as well.

blt456
2012.08.01, 06:37 PM
I will be more pointed in my questions.

Where is the registration sheet?

What specific classes are going to be held this year? I assume the same as last year?

** Who will have knowledge of the track layout prior to the event?

** In otherwords, will your sponsored drivers have knowledge of the track layout before the public will have knowledge of the layout?

1. The event is about 13 weeks away, so there is still a lot of time for everyone to register.
2. Usually the regional classes are the classes held at the finals.
3. Philip and the track owner are usually the only ones who know what the layout is ahead of time so it can be built for the practice day (sometimes it is built the night before the practice day)
4. ^

I also went to the 2010 PNWC in Myrtle Beach and I got to the track first on Friday morning (all day practice). I think the layout was already down, but that didn't put anyone at any significant disadvantage.

twinkie
2012.08.02, 01:49 PM
im right there with you ARN... I doubt I'll make A...if even come close

PNracing
2012.09.19, 04:44 PM

http://pnwc2012.pnracing.com

DanDan
2012.09.25, 02:18 PM
Is the track layout posted in the gallery section of the PNWC website going to be the worlds layout?

Thanks
=Dan

PNracing
2012.09.25, 06:28 PM
Is the track layout posted in the gallery section of the PNWC website going to be the worlds layout?

Thanks
=Dan

The layout will be release Nov 8 night for setup.

ARN
2012.09.25, 08:48 PM
what time would you expect the mains to be over on Sunday?
I have a 12 hour drive and need to work Monday.

Also, will transponders/counters be provided?

twinkie
2012.09.26, 07:25 AM
hmmm....pan mod or gt mod...I'm kinda leading towards pan... decisions, decisions.

DanDan
2012.09.26, 02:19 PM
hmmm....pan mod or gt mod...I'm kinda leading towards pan... decisions, decisions.

I'm undecided about the classes I wish to run as well. I want to do F1 and Lemans Pro-Stock. For my "normal" class, I'm still unsure if I want to run stock, mod or pan mod.

PNracing
2012.09.26, 03:00 PM
what time would you expect the mains to be over on Sunday?
I have a 12 hour drive and need to work Monday.

Also, will transponders/counters be provided?

The final will be Sunday, should be finish around 7:00pm.

PNracing
2012.09.27, 10:56 AM
Update drivers list

http://s431563875.initial-website.com/drivers-list/

ARN
2012.10.03, 09:27 AM
whomever runs on large tracks,

I am running a standard 64P 53T PN Diff with 70 turn motor with Peak900mah batteries, for this race on a track this size what pinion would you suggest for 2wd stock?

DanDan
2012.10.03, 02:05 PM
ARN,

I found that with a 70t, you'll want to be in the ball park of 13/52.

ARN
2012.10.03, 02:54 PM
Thanks Dan, I'm glad I asked.... I was thinking a 11/53 would be about max for a 70t.

Let me ask another question about that ratio with a 13; If I only have an RCP wide-L to practice on, should I expect the motor to overheat quickly? or will these motors handle a full ten minutes on a small track without damage to the motor or fets from over heating?

DanDan
2012.10.03, 04:55 PM
If you have a smaller track like a Wide-L, I'd say start at 9/53 and gear up if you feel it's necessary. My philosophy is that it is better to undergear than overgear. For your Wide-L, you will want to run a smaller pinion gear.

For a bigger track, I'd recommend 13/52. At Inside Line's regular track setup I would run a 12/53 or a 13/53 for 70t stock. The Worlds is going to be in the mall theatre atrium, which will allow for a bigger track.

ARN
2012.10.03, 09:00 PM
i just want to use the same pinion as what i would use at this race. i've been using a 9 pinion, but i have not tried any thing else yet and just don't want to burn up a motor practicing, Thanks

color01
2012.10.03, 10:17 PM
Might even go 14/53 for the Worlds' track, given a larger layout than normal Binh's tracks. :) I've yet to figure out if I'm racing Stock or Mod but if it's Stock that's what I'd be expecting ratio-wise.

mugler
2012.10.15, 02:35 PM
Update drivers list

Is there a newer updated driver's list?

Racers, where are all the Formula 1 and Le Mans entries at?:) Those are the two classes I've signed up for & been prepping so really hoping to see those two class entries hitting 16 soon but a little scared now:eek:

ARN
2012.10.15, 05:38 PM
F1 is my favorite class. I dont understand why so few entries....

If F1 gets cancelled then there is no reason for me to sign up and attend...

(I am still on the fence about attending, but would not be near as exicted without F1)...

mugler
2012.10.15, 06:19 PM
F1 is my favorite class. I dont understand why so few entries....

If F1 gets cancelled then there is no reason for me to sign up and attend...

(I am still on the fence about attending, but would not be near as exicted without F1)...

Lack of F1 entries is particularly a head scratcher...just a few short months ago at RCX 2012 when all NorCal racers came down we had a full heat of F1 cars and I don't think anyone could argue that class is anything but fun :) Even then we did not have 16 entries though but around 10-ish I wanna say?...I think having set a minimum of 16 entries for F1 and LM is just not realistic...probably something like 8 entries should be the required minimum for US held races so that it has a chance to happen first and expand the following time(s). even in 1/10 scale 2012 iic in Vegas (largest carpet race in the world) there were only 14 F1 entries and there is a huge F1 scene (60 total UF1 racers) in close by SoCal alone...just can't expect this many entries for mini-z.

BTW there's a new Mazda 02LM listed on e**y by a US seller.

blt456
2012.10.16, 01:23 AM
There aren't enough pan car drivers and 3 classes might get cancelled if there aren't 16 signups per class. I know there are 12 days left but basically everyone I know has already signed up.

I am most likely going to run pan car and gt mod on the same car.

There are currently 7/16 required drivers for pan mod. If you would be willing to sign up for pan mod, put your name here to see if there will be enough drivers.

ARN
2012.10.16, 11:51 AM
I am most likely going to run pan car and gt mod on the same car.

Does the Pan car shell give any lap time difference compared to your GT shell? Seems to me that these two classes could be combined if there is not a difference. (I wreak havoc into the walls too much to notice in either class, that's why I ask...)

also, Mugler, do you see lap time differences between F1 & LaMans? maybe they can be combined if that is an option. (not something I would like to see, but just an idea.) also, thanks for the link tip, how strong are those rear spoiler wings? is there much breaking issues in LaMans?

DanDan
2012.10.16, 02:17 PM
There are currently 7/16 required drivers for pan mod. If you would be willing to sign up for pan mod, put your name here to see if there will be enough drivers.

If it helps the class stay on the schedule, I will run Pan Mod.

Mugler, It doesn't really surprise me. Only a handful of us in Norcal own an F1 and ILR doesn't race them due to lack of interest. It's a shame because the F1 is a lot of fun to race. The last chance I had to race mine, we were going wheel to wheel and laughing the whole time.

blt456
2012.10.16, 06:59 PM
A pan body on top of any chassis will make it more stable and give it more grip, essentially making any car faster. The PN lexan pan body would be most comparable to the mosler body.

If we both sign up for pan, that means 7 more drivers will need to sign up. I am planning on buying a pan body and the posts if 7 more people to sign up.

DanDan
2012.10.16, 07:45 PM
If we both sign up for pan, that means 7 more drivers will need to sign up. I am planning on buying a pan body and the posts if 7 more people to sign up.

I got one still new in package if you need it.

mugler
2012.10.16, 08:19 PM
also, Mugler, do you see lap time differences between F1 & LaMans? maybe they can be combined if that is an option. (not something I would like to see, but just an idea.) also, thanks for the link tip, how strong are those rear spoiler wings? is there much breaking issues in LaMans?

Due more delicate body pieces and more so the open wheel nature of F1 cars mixing them up with any other class will not be a good idea, also F1's have a different drive-line than all other shorter and wider classes. I'm guessing a well tuned LM car will be faster than F1 but not 100% sure on this(both with 50T).
regarding LM spoilers, on Mazda and C9 not very durable but mute point since PNWC rules allow you to remove those and install Lexan wings instead as long as they are under 45mm in height . Kyosho sells very effective front bumpers for mazda and porsche LM cars but not for C9 though racers have come up with all kinds of DIY enforcemt techniques for C9.

Mugler, It doesn't really surprise me. Only a handful of us in Norcal own an F1 and ILR doesn't race them due to lack of interest. It's a shame because the F1 is a lot of fun to race. The last chance I had to race mine, we were going wheel to wheel and laughing the whole time.

At Kenon club races there's now 5 of the regulars that have an F1 + a seasonal visitor so that's a total of 6 and the plan is to run the F1 class every club day next to GT stock and mod classes. we started it off with 3 BTW so it took some doing. since us SoCal & NorCal crowd race at least 2 times a year that I can remember as of this typing (RCX & KO), if it was predetermined that there will be an F1 class for these two races with a minimum required of 8 racers then I would think and hope this would give a reason to all Cali clubs to run more F1 races during their regular club schedule to be prepped for these meets.

As DanDan mentioned F1 is just too fun not to run:D

ARN
2012.10.16, 10:07 PM
good info mugler, thanks!

I'm guessing I will wait until the deadline to commit for this race pending if there is F1.

I havent raced RC since 2006 and my last PNWC was in 2005,
So this last month I've been trying out some new mini-z'ss and having fun in my garage... maybe next year I will come down for a PNWC....(If there is F1 of course.)

My two twin boys are getting good fast so maybe it will be all three of us next year....(if PNWC falls on a school break....)(Philip, hint hint, SUMMER)

mugler
2012.10.16, 10:52 PM
good info mugler, thanks!

I'm guessing I will wait until the deadline to commit for this race pending if there is F1.

I havent raced RC since 2006 and my last PNWC was in 2005, here is me in the red having a great time in that F1 A main...

So this last month I've been trying out some new mini-z'ss and having fun in my garage... maybe next year I will come down for a PNWC....(If there is F1 of course.)

My two twin boys are getting good fast so maybe it will be all three of us next year....(if PNWC falls on a school break....)(Philip, hint hint, SUMMER)

Oh wow! a trip down the memory lane...i was there that day!...not racing but checking out the action for a couple of hours. Even bought a Formula 1 ASC from the parts boot there, it was the now discontinued red on white toyota!

My fingers are crossed for occurrences that will still lead to F1 class happening this year so maybe will see you in November after all :)

Racer-HH
2012.10.17, 09:48 AM
I would not recommend to run classes like LeMans and F1 together in one heat.

But to encourage people to sign up for a world class event like PNWC I would not set a limit like 16 drivers as minimum. As long as you have a (nearly) full starting grid in one heat (depending on track size this could be 6, 8, 10 or more drivers) these people should have a race and some fun with their RCs. And if spectators do not see what Mini-Z racing can be in all its facettes, maybe some possible new racers will not be attracted at all.

Just my 2 cents.

chad508
2012.10.19, 10:30 PM
this question is for the locals. i see its like 30 miles from SFO to the track, but how is the drive. i keep going back and forth about making it out and the airfare is a lot cheaper into SFO but if the 30 mile drive takes all day i may pass. i have never been to the west coast so this would be a great way to get to go

blt456
2012.10.19, 10:51 PM
Hey Chad!

Don't bother with driving. The drive is only about an hour from SF to SJ but it's not worth the hassle trying to rent a car and do all of that. You would probably need to fly in Thursday afternoon so that way you can get to the hotel by the evening and you can get the whole day on Friday for practice.

The san jose airport is closer to the track, but SFO to the mall is accessible by public transportation. These are the most logical steps:

1. fly into sfo
2. take BART (public train) from sfo towards san francisco/pittsburg bay point (you want to get off at embarcadero)
3. Get a taxi from the street to pick you up from embarcadero bart and take you to the 4th/king caltrain station
4. take caltrain from 4th and king to sunnyvale (zone 3)
5. get off at sunnyvale and take a taxi from there to the hotel by the track

When you are at the hotel, you can probably just carpool with others to get to the mall or just have them drive you there. It's literally a 2 minute drive.

When going back to myrtle beach, you should:

1. take a taxi from the hotel to sunnyvale caltrain
2. get off at the millbrae caltrain station (this is a BART and caltrain station)
3. take the bart towards SF (SFO, daly city, or pittsburg/ bay point)
4. you'll get to SFO then take one of the rail cars to your terminal

Here are the caltrain links:

http://www.caltrain.com/schedules/weekdaytimetable.html
http://www.caltrain.com/schedules/weekendtimetable.html

Here is the map for bart:

http://www.bart.gov/schedules/bystation.aspx

Taxi from sunnyvale to the hotel should be $20 and taxi from the Embarcadero to caltrain and caltrain ticket is $17.

If you want, just pm me and I can send you my phone number so you can call me.

DanDan
2012.10.20, 03:52 AM
Chad: The drive from SF to SJ is about an hour. If you don't wish to drive, I would take BLT's suggestions. If you wanted to get out and experience the bay area and make somewhat of a vacation out of it, I would say get a car. But if you are here for strictly business...by that I mean having a fun weekend with your Mini-Z, you can utilize the cabs and caltrain to accomplish your transportation goals :)

ARN
2012.10.23, 09:15 PM
since no F1, I had to cancel my reservations... maybe next year ???
I dont know why, but I cannot drive a racer as competitive as a F1 so thats my reasoning if anyone was wondering....

Looks like it will be some great tight racing, have fun all!!

color01
2012.10.23, 09:37 PM
I was talking to Philip and Grant today and maybe there's a chance to rally up some last minute support for F1... but more as an exhibition class than a true "you're the World Champ" competition. I will sign up anyways, worst case the class is truly out, I will then have store credit with Binh lol.

F1 and GT Mod here we go...!

chad508
2012.10.23, 10:06 PM
i would be in for f1 as well. getting the needed 16 for the class may be hard to do. but i am interested in the hand out 50turn pan class that took its place

color01
2012.10.24, 04:27 AM
The idea (nothing set in stone yet) is that maybe, with 8 F1 drivers, we can run an exhibition class instead of needing 16 as per the other classes. I think it'd be nice at the very least for entertaining spectators, not everyone knows about the GT cars but everyone knows an F1 when they see one.

herman
2012.10.24, 05:34 AM
good luck to all participants.... looking forward to videos and pics.. :D

bcpzx3
2012.10.24, 11:13 AM
4 More days for sign up guys.

DanDan
2012.10.24, 01:54 PM
If you are interested in running F1, sign up and let PN know that we want to run it! If we can be an exhibition class, that would still be great because I think it would be a lot of fun for everyone involved.

Bring 'em out! Don't give up hope guys. Most importantly, sign-up!

mugler
2012.10.24, 03:11 PM
3 more confirmed SoCal F1 racers are not on that list yet so that makes 6 for F1 so far. I'm sure there are at least 2 more NorCal guys who own F1's and can run and get us to 8 for an exhibition class not to mention other general late signups...all in all F1 exhibition looking likely at the moment.

As mentioned above All those who are attending for other classes and are thinking about F1 too, please sign up for F! as well now so organizers know what they're dealing with and a question:in the unlikely event that class gets canceled there will be a refund, correct?

color01
2012.10.26, 03:08 AM
Heh, looks like all the $89 hotel rooms are booked. Well done Brian... :o

twinkie
2012.10.26, 10:08 AM
all right I'll sign up for F1 as well when I'm at Inside line on sat. The car is bone stock.

mugler
2012.10.26, 11:38 PM
all right I'll sign up for F1 as well when I'm at Inside line on sat. The car is bone stock.

Awesome! Looks like we just need one more sign up to run Formula 1 exhibition class:D on the driver's list, racers # 14 & #55 are also signing up so that will make 7 already and just need one more to run this funnest of all classes :p!

Who else is in?

ARN
2012.10.27, 11:35 AM
Glad too see a few racers pushed to make something happen! good job.

Too late for me to try to schedule everything all over again.

chad508
2012.10.27, 12:43 PM
I did not sign up for f1 but if we end up running it I will jump in as well

yasuji
2012.10.27, 08:13 PM
well it looks as if i will not be defending my 2011 PanCar Mod title this year as there is not enough entries.
i guess i can wait till next year:)
however it looks like pancar pro stock is going to be a happening class
:D

PNracing
2012.10.28, 02:29 PM
I did not sign up for f1 but if we end up running it I will jump in as well

Chad, may I put your name on F1 too?

chad508
2012.10.28, 03:06 PM
Chad, may I put your name on F1 too?

I was about to send you an email about it. I have already paid for the other classes so if I can pay for f1 when I get there then pls add me to the list.
Thanks

PNracing
2012.10.28, 03:28 PM
I was about to send you an email about it. I have already paid for the other classes so if I can pay for f1 when I get there then pls add me to the list.
Thanks

No problem.

PNracing
2012.10.28, 03:29 PM
Thanks

So, you are only one person run four classes.

chad508
2012.10.28, 03:55 PM
Hopefully I can run Atleast one good

color01
2012.10.28, 10:21 PM
You'll be a busy man for sure, haha. We will not disturb you that weekend! :p

Looks like F1 is coming together for everyone, awesome, mugler and I just got our F1's dialed in today at Kyosho R241 and we should be good to battle with everyone else -- bring it on gentlemen. :)

Also, if this is the appropriate place to discuss I wanted to propose we go with Kyosho 30/20 slicks exclusively in the F1 race (gentlemen's agreement) to get the speeds of the cars roughly the same, and really make the race close. Obviously I would not be suggesting this for a trophy race, but since we just want to run the F1's and put on a good show, the spec tire could provide the opportunity to have really close battles. Any thoughts Philip, and us racers signed up for F1?

herman
2012.10.28, 11:20 PM
+1 color01... (this is just my opinion, others may disagree) i kinda like the idea of f1 being a spec race, it will put up a good race for drivers and a good show for spectators to see and experience... driving skill will definitely play a big part in the race... :D

chad508
2012.10.29, 07:30 AM
I'm fine with spec tires but I say 40/20 combo. I can't drive with the 30s

twinkie
2012.10.29, 12:43 PM
sorry guys... couldn't sign up for F1... funding restraints...

mugler
2012.10.29, 02:49 PM
I'm fine with spec tires but I say 40/20 combo. I can't drive with the 30s

Definitely on board with spec tires too, great idea.
regarding 40/20 personally I haven't even tested it so it might be fine & good to go (will test this weekend at Kenon)...Alternatively as an idea, spec can be kyosho slick 20R and either 30 or 40 fronts (slicks only )...I think that would still accomplish 90%+ of what spec-tire rules try to accomplish & also make everyone happy.

PNracing
2012.10.29, 03:25 PM
Already 8 drivers signup!!!!!

We can run up to 10 drivers in one class, anyone want to in, just sign up or email me philip@pnracing.com

PNracing
2012.10.29, 03:26 PM
Rules updated, please read it!

http://s431563875.initial-website.com/schedule-rules/

PNracing
2012.10.29, 03:42 PM
Driver List updated!!!

SAGISI
2012.10.29, 06:48 PM
Anymore changes to the rules happening before worlds? I think there should be a cut off date for anymore rule changes.

color01
2012.10.29, 07:06 PM
Definitely on board with spec tires too, great idea.
regarding 40/20 personally I haven't even tested it so it might be fine & good to go (will test this weekend at Kenon)...Alternatively as an idea, spec can be kyosho slick 20R and either 30 or 40 fronts (slicks only )...I think that would still accomplish 90%+ of what spec-tire rules try to accomplish & also make everyone happy.
The difference between 30 and 40 is pretty large, I don't think allowing both is going to be viable. The 40's are a very "forgiving" tire whereas the 30 bites, and at the PNWC track it might mean up to a 0.5-second difference in hot lap (consistency always another factor).

Chad, could you try throwing on the 30 fronts, and then taking out two screws on the F1 side plates? That is how we're running our F1's at Kenon and when they don't glitch, they're comfortable handling-wise on the 30/20 tire combo.

chad508
2012.10.29, 07:32 PM
i can try but honestly if i have to change my car to run it i will just sit it out. no offense to anyone but im pushing my luck by coming from the east coast and running all 4 classes. im fine with what everyone else decides i was just going to run to fill the spot.

yasuji
2012.10.29, 07:46 PM
Anymore changes to the rules happening before worlds? I think there should be a cut off date for anymore rule changes.
aside from the pancar pro stock class all of the updated world cup rules reflect the changes that were made to the regional rules at the beginning of 2012

MDRTales
2012.10.29, 10:02 PM
Should be a good battle in stock.

mugler
2012.10.30, 12:31 AM
Should be a good battle in stock.

with 53 entries so far, it should be epic!

Regarding F1 spec, I guess only 4 out of 8 are on this thread and therefor able to participate in voting...I guess any spec tire decision will have to be finalized among racers at the event?
Anyway in case spec tires happens, I'll be good with both 30/40 options being allowed for fronts if that what ends up being decided since overall it still totally follows the spirit of spec tire rules as far as cutting down on endless time consuming & costly tire testing and keeping racing closer. There would be only one other front tire to test... that should be easily doable for all should anyone even decide to test. in 10th scale on-road TC, there have been numerous spec tire classes with similar tires rules, in this case I'm just taking a page out of that.:)

MDRTales
2012.10.30, 03:49 PM
with 53 entries so far, it should be epic!

Regarding F1 spec, I guess only 4 out of 8 are on this thread and therefor able to participate in voting...I guess any spec tire decision will have to be finalized among racers at the event?
Anyway in case spec tires happens, I'll be good with both 30/40 options being allowed for fronts if that what ends up being decided since overall it still totally follows the spirit of spec tire rules as far as cutting down on endless time consuming & costly tire testing and keeping racing closer. There would be only one other front tire to test... that should be easily doable for all should anyone even decide to test. in 10th scale on-road TC, there have been numerous spec tire classes with similar tires rules, in this case I'm just taking a page out of that.:)

I don't agree, you should stick with just 40 front slicks and just tune.

MDRTales
2012.10.30, 03:51 PM
Actually it should be the kit stock combo of 30rear and 40 front.

color01
2012.10.30, 04:44 PM
Actually it should be the kit stock combo of 30rear and 40 front.
That, would be terrible. The I've never seen 30 rears hook up on RCP.

i can try but honestly if i have to change my car to run it i will just sit it out. no offense to anyone but im pushing my luck by coming from the east coast and running all 4 classes. im fine with what everyone else decides i was just going to run to fill the spot.
That's fair enough, if you do the 30 fronts and loosened side plates and it doesn't work, I am game for just sticking it out with the 40's and making the chassis turn. The 30/40 proposal is convenient but the difference in performance is just too large IMO, I will stick with one, whichever everyone can use without the rear coming out (probably 40).

hrdrvr
2012.10.30, 05:45 PM
The F1 kits I most recently sold came with 20/40. I ran the last cup race at our store with the car out of the box.

DanDan
2012.11.03, 03:49 AM
Sorry about my waffling, but I decided to follow through with F1. I won't have as much fun watching on the sidelines as I will watching from the stand.

I think I'm already rollin' on 40's up front. I'll get some 20's and talk to Binh tomorrow @ ILR

color01
2012.11.04, 11:39 PM
I really hope they bite at Binh's track. And if not, I guess no worries because I am bringing spares of 40's as well as 30's so we can all make the cars work no matter what we decide on.

For the record I tried the 40's yesterday at Kenon and glitching issues aside, I could see that the car was comfortable wearing them -- not fast but comfortable.

mugler
2012.11.05, 02:35 PM
Brian I tested my car too and with it's current set-up it is not drivable with 40 front slicks, which bring us to the point that some car setups in combination with driving style are suited for 40 fronts and some for 30 fronts and as such both 30's and 40's should be on the menu of choices and each racer can go with whichever they feel they are fastest with....I don't see how that is not more than fair for all. For only one front tire my vote would be strictly for 30's otherwise I'll be driving for funzies as a back marker only. BTW I hope everyone realizes spec tire conversation has been about kyosho slicks and not grooved... just in case anyone missed that part.

bcpzx3
2012.11.06, 01:23 AM
I notice the schedule shows "Raffle Prizes" 3 times during this event. Does that mean there are 3 different raffle drawings? :eek:

PNracing
2012.11.10, 06:22 PM
Result online

http://pnwclive.pnracing.com

lfisminiz
2012.11.10, 09:07 PM
Philip...thanks for update.:)

bcpzx3
2012.11.11, 09:56 PM
Great weekend, had lots of fun and nice meeting everyone.

- Tony

quazster
2012.11.12, 06:29 AM
Any videos?

Can the track profile be seen anywhere?

color01
2012.11.12, 11:33 PM
Thanks again to Philip, Binh, all the ILR crew and all the drivers who came out and made this a great event. :) The venue I think was the only issue, lots of glitching problems for many cars including mine, and if that had been solved it would've made for even better racing than we had.

Also, personally, it was great to see the NorCal drivers again and I picked up a lot about setup from the various drivers I talked to. There will not be a blog post about my PNWC adventure (didn't have time to take pics) or setup per se, but I have some interesting developments that will show up as I settle back in and start working on a new project for the new season. ;)

twinkie
2012.11.13, 09:30 AM
Thanks again to Philip, Binh, all the ILR crew and all the drivers who came out and made this a great event. :) The venue I think was the only issue, lots of glitching problems for many cars including mine, and if that had been solved it would've made for even better racing than we had.

Also, personally, it was great to see the NorCal drivers again and I picked up a lot about setup from the various drivers I talked to. There will not be a blog post about my PNWC adventure (didn't have time to take pics) or setup per se, but I have some interesting developments that will show up as I settle back in and start working on a new project for the new season. ;)

You know after driving your car on sunday, I never got a chance to ask you what you are running. I really liked it. But I guess I can go look on your blog for your initial setup and work my way from there.

ARN
2012.11.13, 11:01 AM
Philip, so what's the word on 2013 PNWC? any thoughts of where you plan on having it? start some rumors:D

chad508
2012.11.13, 12:43 PM
no date set but its going to be in paris

ARN
2012.11.13, 07:11 PM
lol, and I thought california was a hard sale to my wife......:o

color01
2012.11.13, 07:23 PM
You know after driving your car on sunday, I never got a chance to ask you what you are running. I really liked it. But I guess I can go look on your blog for your initial setup and work my way from there.
I'll put some pictures together of the final setup and put it on the blog, but it will be missing some special parts. ;) lol...

What would be really cool is if everyone were generous enough to post their setups online in a database (much like 1/10 TC guys do). It'd be informative to compare notes even if a lot of us are hundreds/thousands miles apart. :)

lfisminiz
2012.11.13, 09:43 PM
I'll put some pictures together of the final setup and put it on the blog, but it will be missing some special parts. ;) lol...

What would be really cool is if everyone were generous enough to post their setups online in a database (much like 1/10 TC guys do). It'd be informative to compare notes even if a lot of us are hundreds/thousands miles apart. :)

Good idea!:)

quazster
2012.11.14, 02:31 AM
Any pictures, videos, reports coming up? How about the layout?

This is also one problem with almost all of the bigger Mini-z races, if you weren't there you missed everything :-)

PNracing
2012.11.14, 10:49 AM
GT Mod A Main Round 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFpvHWEywSE

PNracing
2012.11.14, 05:45 PM
Photos Gallery

http://s431563875.initial-website.com/gallery/

DanDan
2012.11.14, 09:13 PM
Getting to meet racers from other parts of the world and seeing those friends who we don't get to see every race was the best part of racing the worlds from me. It was great getting to have dinner with Team Guatemala and share tales about our club racing experiences. Getting to meet and race against Chad and Alex was great and getting to see Brian, Clement, Grant and Crabb again was awesome.

I also had a good laugh when I saw the picture of Jackson dancing Gangnam-Style (http://s431563875.initial-website.com/s/cc_images/cache_293550304.jpg) in the Worlds picture gallery. My worlds experience was made by the good moments off the track. Getting to bring a trophy back to show my friends was a cool bonus.

MDRTales
2012.11.18, 11:08 PM
My first mini z worlds was definitely a good experience as I met new friends and just had a lot of fun!!! I had some epic battles in the stock main. Thanks to the PN crew and the Inside line crew for running such a great race!! The race reminded me its all about the fun and not for trophy's that will collect dust on a shelf:)

Z_408
2013.01.03, 01:46 AM
It was an honor and a privilege to host the 2012 PNWC.

First off, I would like to give a big thanks to Philip for trusting me with his signature event. The PNWC is the pinnacle Mini-Z race and it was very special to the Inside Line Racing family to host this race and for it to be the first time it was held in the Bay Area.

Big thanks to all of our sponsors for the great raffle prizes, Kyosho, R1, Reflex Racing, Tenbol, Trp, and KO Propo. KO was very generous to us this year and donated a KIY for the raffle. Please remember to support our sponsors.

Many months of planning and many hours go into making this event happen. I would like to thank all the racers that helped behind the scenes to allow this event to happen. Local racers came out in full force to support this race and help out where ever needed. Thank you, you guys are what makes this community great. Thank you local racers for your support and making this event possible. You guys raced with great sportsmanship and were very gracious hosts to visiting racers.

Many thanks to all the racers who traveled far to race with us. It was great to meet all the overseas racers and make new friends. I hope the trip was worth it and we hope to see you guys again. For me, the best part of these races is to meet new people. I encourage everyone to attend these kinds of races for the experience.

There were many highlights from this event. However for me, it was seeing racers that I have known for a long time get to win a trophy for the first time. These are not A-main trophies, these are lower main trophies, however, it is a joy to see the excitement of a racer getting their first trophy. I think that sometimes in the heat of a race and things dont go our way, we get frustrated and upset. At those times I like to remind racers that we choose this hobby because it is fun. Seeing racers have fun is why I do this.

Every night after racing we all went out to eat, drink, and hang out. This gave everyone an opportunity to talk and get to know everyone. I had the chance to meet many new people and get to know how their racing was back home. I am sure if anyone has seen the photos of the races or the dinners, you guys can see it was a great event.

The level of racing was top notch at this event. We at Inside Line Racing also pride our self on good racer etiquette and everyone showed that at the PNWC. There were battles in every main down to the last lap. We had 10 kids sign up for the event, maybe making this a PNWC record. We also had many ladies racing with us. Luckily I did not race, because they would have beat me. These ladies were fast, especially Carla.

We got a chance to crown two first time PNWC champions at this event. One of them Stephen Bui, he won the modified class. Some of you may know this but Stephen was one of my first racers. He walked into my store over six years ago with an Xmod and today he is a PNWC Champion. I am sure neither of us were thinking this back then. Great job Bui, we are all proud of you.

The second new winner was Alex R. all the way from Guatemala. He won the stock class. In this event, three racers had a chance to win the title in A3, Bui, Sagisi, and Alex. It was a tight battle all the way to the final laps. In the end Alex was just a little cleaner and took the title home to Guatemala. Great job Alex, you put Guatemala on the map.

In the pan car 50t class it was Grant Matsushima with the win in A3 that sealed his second PNWC title. He is more accustomed to driving a 33t turn but he was able to adjust to the slower speeds and take home the Ws needed for his second title.

Again, thank you to everyone that attended the race, you guys are what makes this possible. I hope everyone had a great time and like always, we hope you only have one question, Hey Binh, when is the next one?

bcpzx3
2013.01.03, 01:55 AM
When is the next one?

chad508
2013.01.03, 09:13 PM
i guess that guy that won f1 just doesn't count. lol

thanks for putting on such a great event Binh. I hope to make out that way again soon. Maybe we can get you on the east coast for a race as well.

Z_408
2013.01.03, 11:53 PM
Sorry, wrote that really fast.

In our F1 exhibition class, Chad M. of Reflex Racing got his car working early on in the weekend and took home the TQ. In the mains Chad had to battle early on but in the end is consistency was too much for the field. Chad went on to take the main easily. Good job Chad, see you at the next one.

Rune
2013.01.20, 07:37 AM
Any more videos from the finals?

phea
2013.01.20, 03:48 PM
Woohoo PNWC so fun! Nice write up, everyone always your in depth coverage Binh.

Rune unfortunately no one caught any footage to my knowledge. :confused:

chad508
2013.01.20, 04:11 PM
There was a go pro running if I remember correctly.