KA2AEV
2012.05.08, 06:19 PM
Anyone have any experience installing the minature batteries
in these things?

Im wondering if the polarity of the batteries matters

Mike

TheSteve
2012.05.08, 06:43 PM
So you want to add lights and batteries onto/into each rim?

I can see it being possible with a small enough silver oxide battery or even a very very small LiPo, and then an LED or two - if you use an LED the polarity would certainly matter. You would also need the wheel to be balanced.

73 - VE7FM

arch2b
2012.05.08, 06:49 PM
i vaguely recall there being polarity signs on the rings but i have not seen any of those wheel light rings in years. they look pretty cool though. atomic mods has a video demonstration.

this is from the glowmasta set

KA2AEV
2012.05.08, 08:43 PM
Ray you hit the nail on the head
Thanks dude
They are Glowmasta's Picked them up at the local track awhile
ago and was watching a race on cable TV here and saw the guys brake linings glowing when he hit the brakes and said to my son,
hey we can do that!
So after I finish cleaning out the motors on the cars in the stable
This is going to be my next project!

Steve Im going to PM ya
Thanks OM & 73!!!

arch2b
2012.05.08, 08:56 PM
Cool, I did the same thing after watching initial d episodes.

marc
2012.05.08, 09:43 PM
Hey quick question. I thought these lights were always on and were activated by spinning. How exactly do these work? They might be interesting lighting effect on my Eflite Blade MQX quad-copter. :)
If they light up when they spin, I wonder if I can mount them on the propellers shaft.

herman
2012.05.09, 01:28 AM
yeah i'm thinking the same thing... can anybody confirm if the the lights are always on while spinning?

it would be cool though if it could be activated during deceleration instead of by spinning...

KA2AEV
2012.05.09, 02:41 PM
I'll let you guys know
I should be able to get to it either tonight or tomorrow

Throaw
2012.08.06, 05:47 AM
So you want to add lights and batteries onto/into each rim?

I can see it being possible with a small enough silver oxide battery or even a very very small LiPo, and then an LED or two - if you use an led lights (http://www.niceledlights.com) the polarity would certainly matter. You would also need the wheel to be balanced.

73 - VE7KZ

LED lights not consume much power. So small batteries work well.

arch2b
2012.08.06, 06:29 AM
spinning activates the lights. they are not always on.

WorldClassZ
2013.07.24, 05:16 PM
Are these things still available from anywhere at all or are they for all intents and purposes, now extinct?