PDA

View Full Version : Tony's Quest for A-main Stock GT

bcpzx3
2012.05.10, 01:08 AM
Hey guys, I've started up a blog here in California. If your interested in following my blog and checking out my setups and things I change feel free to check out my blog here http://questforamainchamp.blogspot.com/

blt456
2012.05.10, 01:16 AM
I have tried the f430gt and sc430 bodies in stock. I prefer the lexus sc430 because it feels less twitchy in the front and a bit more planted. I posted my setup in the 2011 PN regional thread if you want to check that out, maybe it could help you.

Also, I find that I get more power when charging batteries at the track. Simple reason is that when I charge the batteries at my house and then use them at the track, even after peaking them, they are cold. I discharge them at my house and charge at 1amp at the track (this is when the batteries are warm).

bcpzx3
2012.05.10, 02:16 AM
I have tried the f430gt and sc430 bodies in stock. I prefer the lexus sc430 because it feels less twitchy in the front and a bit more planted. I posted my setup in the 2011 PN regional thread if you want to check that out, maybe it could help you.

Also, I find that I get more power when charging batteries at the track. Simple reason is that when I charge the batteries at my house and then use them at the track, even after peaking them, they are cold. I discharge them at my house and charge at 1amp at the track (this is when the batteries are warm).

Sounds great, I will try to dig up that thread and check out your setup.

Well from what I see with my maha charger, when a battery is peaked it reads 1.47volt, after it sits for a bit it will drop back down to about 1.44volt. I could be wrong, but i'm assuming the .3volts is the extra power/punch of what people gain when the battery is HOT (hot as i'm temperature also).

As a personal preference I prefer to not run on HOT batteries because once the voltage drops I have to end up changing my throttle and steering timing for turns which tends to throw me off.

Plus less things to carry to the track :D

bcpzx3
2012.05.10, 02:29 AM
Here is my 80t stock setup from the FPR and ILR regionals:

FPR regional: qualified 8th, finished 1st
ILR regional: TQ and win

Body: lexus sc430 w/ 7g lead weight attached to rear
Chassis: mr03 w/ 2x2 8858cz fets

Front:
- Reverse kingpin
- PN front clip w/ 4 spacers
- Blue springs
- PN lowdown knuckles (1.2mm above knuckle, .4mm under)
- 20mm rims w/ 20x patterns trued to 22.5mm (15x patterns for ILR)

Rear:
- Reflex top cover
- PN cf tplate #5
- PN parada rear tires (kyosho 20 slicks for ILR)
- PN v3 motor mount (#2 axle spacers)
- DDS with PN green springs top and bottom
- QteQ ball diff 13/53 (14/53 for ILR)

I was able to find the setup.
What made you want to add weight onto the rear of the lexus body?
Was it more stable afterwards?
What wing are you running on the body?

blt456
2012.05.10, 10:56 AM
I was able to find the setup.
What made you want to add weight onto the rear of the lexus body?
Was it more stable afterwards?
What wing are you running on the body?

I didn't make weight and the 7g weight I got from Binh put me 1-2g above min weight.

To be honest, I couldn't notice much of a difference after putting the weight on the rear. I put the same 7g weight on the front of the chassis at the FPR regional, but I didn't notice anything significant there either haha.

I ran the stock wing at FPR and ILR. I ran the reflex wing at the nationals but it gave me too much rear traction and it didn't allow my car to lean as much in the corners. That is why I prefer the stock wing for stock class.

I'll be at ILR this Saturday so you can check my car out if you want.

bcpzx3
2012.05.12, 12:54 AM
Sounds good, I probably wont be racing but I'll swing by and say Hi.

phea
2012.05.12, 12:35 PM
When you gonna do some test n tunings?

nssjshp
2012.07.07, 06:13 PM
Great work keep it up your article about Front Suspension Tuning is very informative.

bcpzx3
2012.10.28, 04:09 AM
Will be adding updates frequently until the PNWC november 9-11 2012.