Rune
2012.05.17, 05:24 AM
New website up and running.

http://new.lapz.com/

Facebookpage also:)
http://www.facebook.com/lapz.timing

LED
2012.05.17, 05:54 AM
Nice to hear because my club still uses lapz.
But unless they do something drastic with the price, and make a 100 cm cable there is a major typo on the site.
the best lap counter and timer for micro racing

And I like to know where they are shipping from.

Rune
2012.05.17, 06:13 AM
Nice to hear because my club still uses lapz.
But unless they do something drastic with the price, and make a 100 cm cable there is a major typo on the site.

And I like to know where they are shipping from.

This is what I know.
The shop only contains a few items, and are not representative for the future.
I have been told that the items in the shop are there to supply the urgent needs for spare parts and transponders.
New batches are in the works, and will be announced quite soon.

Cables will be available in lengths up to 3 meters and maybe even longer.

They are working on distributors, but the items available in the shop will be shipped from Norway.

I dont think prices are set in stone yet, so keep checking the page for updates. I think it will be very competitive pricing on these systems:)

LED
2012.05.17, 06:21 AM
Ow nice to hear its europe, no extra costs for importing then.
Well if you know these guys I would suggest making some sort of expansion set for those who now use a 60 cm bridge on a 1 meter track at a lower price.
I would be interested in getting rid of the narrow section in our track, but I'm not willing to spend a fortune on it.

Thx for the info, I will keep checking the site.

Rune
2012.05.17, 06:28 AM
Ow nice to hear its europe, no extra costs for importing then.
Well if you know these guys I would suggest making some sort of expansion set for those who now use a 60 cm bridge on a 1 meter track at a lower price.
I would be interested in getting rid of the narrow section in our track, but I'm not willing to spend a fortune on it.

Thx for the info, I will keep checking the site.

I will forward your wishes:)
This should be very possible. It should only bring the need for an extension cable, and some more recievers.

BTW. The new transponders will be lighter:)

TheSteve
2012.05.17, 02:47 PM
Saying you're "the best lap counter and timer for micro racing " is a pretty bold statement. I think you're going to have back that statement up with impressive specs if you want us to believe it - system accuracy, transponder size, transponder weight, transponder range, transponder cost, overhead cost, total system cost etc.

Rune
2012.05.17, 03:35 PM
Saying you're "the best lap counter and timer for micro racing " is a pretty bold statement. I think you're going to have back that statement up with impressive specs if you want us to believe it - system accuracy, transponder size, transponder weight, transponder range, transponder cost, overhead cost, total system cost etc.

Yes:)
Talking to the guys, they have a lot of things going on that should make this system quite unique.
The Lap-Z system as we know it is nothing new, but has been out of production for a short time. They are relaunching it now, and are working on different stuff.

What makes this or that system best in everybodys eyes is not easy to tell, so I want argue on these things...

And just to be clear: I am not Lap-Z:) Just sharing the info I have so people can know the system still are available.

saddad
2012.05.18, 01:34 PM
good news that lapz is back more choice of systems is always a good thing (2 years to late for us) we only changed to robbitronic as we couldn't replace a broken transponder or get new ones for new members

arch2b
2012.09.11, 06:08 AM
Read the post just before yours...

LED
2013.09.16, 07:00 AM
So
any updates on a 100 cm cable ? :)

Rune
2013.09.16, 09:56 AM
I am told that a distributor are soon in place.

Regarding different lengths this should be no problem, as it will be sold in kits.

The flatcable are generic and can be changed quite easily by yourself.

Add on to the 60cm unit will require a new cable. This can be arranged. PM me.

When the owner and distributor are in agreement I will get them to visit here and spread the info:)