PDA

View Full Version : 2.4ghz ma-010 troubles

WhiteCharisma
2012.05.22, 07:46 PM
I just recently received my 2.4 ghz ma-010 from a member on the forum and at first, it was running well but I noticed something weird. When I let go of the gas for it to go back to the "neutral" position on the Kt-18, it brakes. I can't get this to stop. I've also run into the problem where pressing forward on the trigger made the car run forward instead of reverse. It didn't come with a manual, so I'm really confused on a fix. I tried to rebind it, but it didn't work. Any ideas on how to completely reset the car or fix this problem? I know the chassis isn't binding because when I took out the motor, it rolls nice and smooth. I also can't get it to reverse no matter what I've tried... I've been looking up this problem and I haven't found a solution for it and its been about an hour. Help would be appreciated :) thanks!

UPDATE: So I got some fresh batteries and changed out the motor with a stock one and it seems to be the same problem I had with my other MA-010, which was a motor that was dirty and not broken in. With the stock motor, it's very smooth and works great going forward!!

I still have a problem going into reverse though. I read up on it, but I can't seem to reset the board properly. I can sometimes get it to go in reverse, but other times it doesn't work. It's also very slow in reverse, is that normal? thanks.

imxlr8ed
2012.05.22, 09:39 PM
I always set the throttle trim 4 to 5 beeps forward of the center beep. On some cars I set it forward until the fets start to "sing" and then back it off one beep. Not sure if this is your issue but figured this may help.

herman
2012.05.23, 07:18 AM
click here to see kt-18 online manual (http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/instructionmanual/digital_prcs/pdf/82001_perfex_kt18_m.pdf)

click here to see ma-010 online manual (http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/instructionmanual/mini-z/pdf/Mini_Z-MA_010-ASF-CHASSIS_m.pdf)

it happened to me before too... try going through the manual... you can probably do a transmitter reset first... if that doesn't work, you can reverse the settings (throttle and steering - see page 26 of the kt-18 manual)... hope this helps... :D

reaper
2012.05.23, 12:59 PM
reset the kt18 mate i think from memory its hold throttle trim down button wile turning on

WhiteCharisma
2012.05.24, 02:23 PM
So I got to mess with it more with full batteries, I think I reset it properly now. Thanks for the manual! It helped a ton!! Now I can get my car to reverse and such with no troubles.

I have one more question though. Since I'm new to 2.4ghz and the KT-18, when you first turn it on, why does it go into training mode? Is that normal? I have to turn the transmitter on while holding down throttle so it isn't in training mode when I drive. Also, I was drifting with rubber tires on today and I noticed a "burning" smell that I've never heard before. It didn't affect performance though, it kept driving fine but it was hot for sure. After a while, I think it did a "board shutdown" to save the board but after about a 10 min cooldown it was fine again. Do the 2.4 boards have more powerful FETs then the old AM ma-010's? I actually don't know but from a speed checker, my 2.4 is faster. Definitely overheats a lot faster than my normal AM ma-010 car.

arch2b
2012.05.24, 04:03 PM
i don't think i've ever heard the burning smell either:p

2.4 board have 2x2 (1 on top and bottom) for 4 fets total while am have 2x1 (1 on top) for a total of 2. they all have 3010 fets to my knowldge, except for maybe the EX cars as i've read here somewhere those are not ko propo boards.

targetingxmod
2012.05.24, 05:09 PM
From what i understand it's all in the KT18!
Go to the kysoho website and download the KT18 manual....
Google "kyosho kt18 pdf manual"

READ IT CAREFULL 10 times. You will understand it!
By acident you reversed the throttle! :) that's easy to do...

And doing up and down on the binding button affects trothle/brake! And aplying throthle or brake and pressing down and up affects throttle to...

just read the manual, it's all clear on that! the kt18 it's a PITA but when know how is it... it's not bad!

I just recently received my 2.4 ghz ma-010 from a member on the forum and at first, it was running well but I noticed something weird. When I let go of the gas for it to go back to the "neutral" position on the Kt-18, it brakes. I can't get this to stop. I've also run into the problem where pressing forward on the trigger made the car run forward instead of reverse. It didn't come with a manual, so I'm really confused on a fix. I tried to rebind it, but it didn't work. Any ideas on how to completely reset the car or fix this problem? I know the chassis isn't binding because when I took out the motor, it rolls nice and smooth. I also can't get it to reverse no matter what I've tried... I've been looking up this problem and I haven't found a solution for it and its been about an hour. Help would be appreciated :) thanks!

UPDATE: So I got some fresh batteries and changed out the motor with a stock one and it seems to be the same problem I had with my other MA-010, which was a motor that was dirty and not broken in. With the stock motor, it's very smooth and works great going forward!!

I still have a problem going into reverse though. I read up on it, but I can't seem to reset the board properly. I can sometimes get it to go in reverse, but other times it doesn't work. It's also very slow in reverse, is that normal? thanks.

http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/instructionmanual/digital_prcs/pdf/82001_perfex_kt-18_m_2.pdf

And the 2,4ghz have 2 more fets then AM :) from what i know!

imxlr8ed
2012.05.24, 10:47 PM
So I got to mess with it more with full batteries, I think I reset it properly now. Thanks for the manual! It helped a ton!! Now I can get my car to reverse and such with no troubles.

I have one more question though. Since I'm new to 2.4ghz and the KT-18, when you first turn it on, why does it go into training mode? Is that normal? I have to turn the transmitter on while holding down throttle so it isn't in training mode when I drive. Also, I was drifting with rubber tires on today and I noticed a "burning" smell that I've never heard before. It didn't affect performance though, it kept driving fine but it was hot for sure. After a while, I think it did a "board shutdown" to save the board but after about a 10 min cooldown it was fine again. Do the 2.4 boards have more powerful FETs then the old AM ma-010's? I actually don't know but from a speed checker, my 2.4 is faster. Definitely overheats a lot faster than my normal AM ma-010 car.

Hot plastic smell, no big deal. Hot electronic smell... Not so good!

Make sure your drivetrain is fairly free spinning, gear binding can cause the car to under-perform and overheat easily. Make sure there isn't any debris in your gears or around your axles. If it's shutting down with the stock motor, you may want to just check these things. The 2.4 board can take a ton more punishment than the earlier AMs but I still wouldn't push it to hard.

Bearings, heatsinks, aftermarket gears and diffs will help out too. Not sure if you've done any upgrades yet or not.

herman
2012.05.25, 05:10 AM
I have one more question though. Since I'm new to 2.4ghz and the KT-18, when you first turn it on, why does it go into training mode? Is that normal? I have to turn the transmitter on while holding down throttle so it isn't in training mode when I drive.

you can set your kt-18 to the regular/training mode... it's in the manual :D

Also, I was drifting with rubber tires on today and I noticed a "burning" smell that I've never heard before. It didn't affect performance though, it kept driving fine but it was hot for sure. After a while, I think it did a "board shutdown" to save the board but after about a 10 min cooldown it was fine again. Do the 2.4 boards have more powerful FETs then the old AM ma-010's? I actually don't know but from a speed checker, my 2.4 is faster. Definitely overheats a lot faster than my normal AM ma-010 car.
i believe that its that "square-ish" thingy on the motor that automatically shuts it down when things get too hot, so that nothing happens to the board... it kinda works like a circuit breaker... and it's in the manual too (page 8 item 4 - excessive loads from continual operation)... :D after you wait for it to cool down for a couple of minutes, you can run your car again...