PDA

View Full Version : jerky steering

nmodin
2012.05.22, 07:14 PM
Hi guys,

We have some issues with one of hour Mini-Z cars here at work. When steering in one direction there is like a big jump in the middle. It hangs at one position until it sort of "snaps".

I took a small video to show you guys what I mean:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXCPcCznQ6A

Any thoughts on how to fix this ?

We have tried to just make sure everything is clean, but that doesn't seem to
help. Could it be something broken in the servo / gears ?

Any suggestions are welcome, and please link to parts etc. since we are a bunch of newbies out here. :)

NoBrainer
2012.05.22, 07:26 PM
Had the same problem when my #4 gear in the servo had some "issues".

Something like this -> http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?productid=20746&cat=425&page=1

KA2AEV
2012.05.22, 09:28 PM
Could be that there is road dust in the steering box gears or the Pot is dirty
Look in the gear box at the gears if you see dark spots or stuff stuck in the
gearing thats the problem, either replace them or you can use a hobby knife/razor blade and carefully clean the crud out of the gears
Keep us informed & Good Luck

nmodin
2012.06.15, 05:40 PM
Got the parts now, but how the *#! do I change it ?

Looks like the whole gear box should come out, but I don't want
to start bending stuff without knowing what I'm doing. :)

Anyone have some instructional video or manual ?

twinkie
2012.06.15, 05:59 PM
shoot... if your in oakland, you should come down to Inside Line Racing in cupertino or Fast Pace Racing in san jose. Either places will be glad to help. Plus its race night at both places.

nmodin
2012.06.15, 06:17 PM
shoot... if your in oakland, you should come down to Inside Line Racing in cupertino or Fast Pace Racing in san jose. Either places will be glad to help. Plus its race night at both places.

I've been meaning to go a bunch of time, but there's always something getting in the way. :)

Managed to replace to gear now though. Just very tricky to get the servo box back in the chassis.