PDA

View Full Version : is it necessary to change FET?

mitchy2759
2012.06.01, 03:05 AM
i am thinking of buying a second hand asf board ver.2 (ex. awd dws ma-010).
is there any benefit if i change the FET? if it does, which one you guys recommend, 4562 or 8858? i am using x speed motor. thx.

machgo5go
2012.06.01, 07:00 AM
i am thinking of buying a second hand asf board ver.2 (ex. awd dws ma-010).
is there any benefit if i change the FET? if it does, which one you guys recommend, 4562 or 8858? i am using x speed motor. thx.
Worry about car set up and practice on driving skills 1st. FETs upgrade is just for that extra edge.

Slubben
2012.06.01, 08:37 AM
Yes I completely agree with Mach5. If you are looking to gain laps on the guy beating you fetting is not going to help as much as proper setup and practice will however if you are looking to gain that extra tenth of a second per lap then fetting could be your answer. Fetting can be dicey proposition so I would think about what you're really trying to do before making the leap.

egonzalez
2012.06.01, 12:35 PM
Yes I completely agree with Mach5. If you are looking to gain laps on the guy beating you fetting is not going to help as much as proper setup and practice will however if you are looking to gain that extra tenth of a second per lap then fetting could be your answer. Fetting can be dicey proposition so I would think about what you're really trying to do before making the leap.

You could go with a happy medium, and fet your car and practice car setup and driving. :) One thing to note, if you plan to run faster motors, some may require you to upgrade your fets. Donít forget, proper battery maintenance will give you extra tents off your lap time.

mitchy2759
2012.06.02, 04:55 AM
thx everyone for the comments

arch2b
2012.06.02, 12:31 PM
unless it's for stock, i always replace mine. i've bought 3 mr-03's and had to replace them all within 2-3 uses so i just do it right away now. it's not about performance for me, it's about reliability. i have horrible luck with mini-z and fets.:(