PDA

View Full Version : Mini-z AWD Custom, need advice. Thanks.

Kikerumbo
2012.06.24, 05:55 AM
Hello every one.

I'm on a project to make a Mini-z AWD custom. My idea is to use all the after market parts I can that are already on sale (Atomic, 3racing, PN Racing... etc). So I want to use the rear suspension and the transmission parts and change the main chassis for a 2mm carbon fiber sheet with Li-ion 7.4v, a brushless motor around 7000Kv (probably a Feigao FG-MBLN-130S) and a micro servo (Hitec HS-56) with a 2.4Ghz system (probably a FlySky FS-GT3C).

I'm having some problems since I'm working only with pictures and that's because I contact you to call to your knowledge.

The rear suspension (SAS Pro Kit v3) will be easy to fit on a flat carbon fiber chassis, the main issue will be fit the front suspension. Since the front differential box is made of plastic as a part of the main chassis, is there any optional parts (aluminium or carbon fiber...) that will fit on a flat carbon fiber chassis? I only found the upper front cover made in aluminium. If there is an aluminium front gear box on sale, it would be perfect because in a future it will be able to fit a front A-Arm system if anyone wants.

But since I can't find any solution for the front suspension I was thinking about use an "AWD Alu. Rear Gear Case w/ Cover" from Atomic (Product I.D: AWD108-G). My doubt is: are the knuckles able to turn enough to do the steering?

I will be so thankful if you were willing to help with this.

One more thing. I have a list of parts that I think I will need in order to mount and design the chassis. Would you be so kind to check them and tell me if I'm missing something or advice if you think there is something better? I will mainly run on an EVA surface.

-AWD SSG SAS Pro Kit V-III. http://www.rcatomic.com/atomic/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=2001&category_id=9&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1
-AWD Aluminium rear gear box with cover. http://www.rcatomic.com/atomic/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=1385&category_id=9&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1
-AWD Bearings for the knuckles (I think they are 8), the ones for differentials (I think they are 4) and two more bearings for the central shaft.
-AWD Differentials. http://www.rcatomic.com/atomic/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=1283&category_id=9&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1
-AWD Swing Shafts. (3racing)
-AWD Aluminium Knuckles. (3racing)
-AWD Central shaft. http://www.rcatomic.com/atomic/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=161&category_id=9&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1
-AWD Wheels nuts.
-AWD Rims (aluminium).
-AWD Tires (I'm going to run mainly on an EVA surface).
-AWD SAS springs.
-AWD front springs.
-Micro servo (HS-56 for example).
-Feigao FG-MBLN-130S or any other brushless 130 motor with around 7500Kv.
-ESC for the motor (I don't know which one yet, feel free to advice)

By the way, I'm from Spain (excuse me for my grammatical errors).

Thanks and regards.

reaper
2012.06.24, 11:57 AM
simple . . Buy a razr-awd
Carbon chassis 4wd 7.4li-po and 130 brushless its all there in a box

Kikerumbo
2012.06.24, 12:18 PM
Thanks for the answer "Reaper".

The thing is I have two problems with that:

1) Modellfun.com is no more so I guess there isn't support or replacement parts for the Rarz. Even if it has replacement parts I will be bound to shop them in one or two shops.

2) I don't want a full after-market 1:28 because of what I told in point 1. I want a 1:28 brushless AWD that uses the most parts from a Kyosho MA-010. This way I can replace any broken part as easily as ordering them from the hundreds of online shops and from any of the brand that make hop-ups.

Point 2 can be hard to do (I hope :) ), because if all work as I intent I will only have to cut the carbon fiber, drill some holes on it and do two holders from aluminium for the central shaft.

Again, thanks for the answer. Enjoy!!!

reaper
2012.06.24, 01:03 PM
most of the parts are from (or copied from ) an ma-010
I think making one is a great idea but why make it hard , get hold of a razr and copy the shat out of it :D

Kikerumbo
2012.06.24, 01:43 PM
Hi again "Reaper".

I want to use SAS at the rear and Mini-z bodies. By the way, I see you have a Rarz AWD, where do you find support now?

I see your car list and probably you can answer the initial question:

"My doubt is: are the knuckles able to turn enough to do the steering?"

Thanks.

reaper
2012.06.24, 04:16 PM
you can use the autoscale bodies
As yet i havent needed any parts the razr is mostly alloy so pretty tough
No steering problems even on full lock , but you would never need full travel
If you like i could scan the chassis to give you a base to work from

color01
2012.06.24, 06:32 PM
For the front gearbox, you can use the PN Racing rear gearbox and mount it to the front of the car. Only issue then is that you have to use a different mounting scheme for the front clip, but a custom clip is not hard to do, and for almost all decent-to-good racing bodies PN Racing makes a carbon front clip that will easily adapt to your chassis. :)

Good luck! Good to see people are still into crazy builds. :)

Kikerumbo
2012.06.25, 02:11 AM
Thanks for your answer "color01".

I'm going to order the parts and see if I'm capable of doing it.

Do anyone know what kind of transmission (pinion and spur) I need for a brushless MA-010?

And for the front knuckles? What would be a good starting point for EVA running?

Thanks. Enjoy!!!