PDA

View Full Version : MA-015 chassis durability

starkweather
2012.08.27, 08:42 PM
Been away from mini-z (and this forum) for many years. Long story short, I'm back to it all...slowly.

I have an older MA-010 am version that I converted to the blue/grey sp chassis for durability reasons. I will be purchasing a new car in the future, most likely the MA-015. In looking at pics of the chassis, I noticed that the black MA-015 chassis is actually solid black, not the transparent material that my stock car originally came in. That material is brittle as hell. Does anyone know if the MA-015 ARR chassis material is similar to the blue/grey SP? I guess this question would also apply to the grey/orange one, that's what I'm looking at actually (sway bar and full bearings included from what I can see--win.)

Already have a white GT-R body otw to do my own custom thing in preparation for the madness to return....:D

d1nzfe
2012.08.28, 06:16 AM
I'm so sure its harder than the clear grey but not too sure how close it is to the SP chassis.:)

starkweather
2012.08.28, 06:36 AM
I'm so sure its harder than the clear grey but not too sure how close it is to the SP chassis.:)

Thanks for the reply. Difficult to judge it on looks for sure. I suppose I'll snag the orange set when the track is done, and if I actually do manage to break something I can do the sp conversion again or go with bling parts. Don't care too much about weight on my own track :D