PDA

View Full Version : LM chassis & PN V4 LCG Mount

mugler
2012.09.07, 07:58 PM
Anyone know which DDS or tri-shock choices are possible and which combo is the ultimate when using this mount in LM chassis with low body clearance in the back?

chad508
2012.09.07, 10:29 PM
i have never been able to mount a tri shock on the lm with out cutting large holes in the body.

DMALMAD
2012.09.07, 10:43 PM
I don't know the answer to your question, but I do have a question of my own, if you are running the lcg v4 (which is made for 94-98 wheelbase, what body are you running and why didn't you get the atomic or pn 102 wheelbase motor mounts, they both have dds that work with them?

EX: ATOMIC http://www.egrracing.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=154_4_365&products_id=4629 I know that this ships fro hong kong but you could probably get your lhs to order it for you if they don't have it. This mount works with the basic atomic dds i think it tells you the right one in the link.

EX: PN http://www.kenonhobby.com/PN-Racing-MR01502-NASCAR-102mm-Pro-Motor-Mount-Orange_p_43104.html

The PN one is for nascar oval racing but is compatible with the dds for the lcg 4 (but you can't use that dds for lcg 4 when you move it to 102) Trust me I tried it myself on my own car.

yasuji
2012.09.07, 11:34 PM
Anyone know which DDS or tri-shock choices are possible and which combo is the ultimate when using this mount in LM chassis with low body clearance in the back?

in 2008 @ the 12 hr endurance race in spain we ran the gimbal set up under the mazda body
trishock wont work under any other lm canopy

mugler
2012.09.08, 07:53 PM
DMALMAD - PN LCG V4 for 98-102 WB is the one I was referring to and trying to stick with that part, otherwise kyosho sells a complete pod and shock set up for LM's as well.

yasuji - so clearance wise gimbald pod & LCG V4 are exactly the same?

also a more general LM rear setup question: which will work better. LM specific wider pod and wider LM diff vs standard pod with standard width diff, with +3 wheels to compensate ? I was guessing standard width would have the advantage since more degrees of pod articulation will be achieved? or not really?

DMALMAD
2012.09.08, 09:47 PM
Ok that makes sense I have the 94-98 pod so 102 would be impossible, in that case if you are running a le mans body you would have to use the dds i don't think a trishock would fit.