PDA

View Full Version : liquid mask?

cowboysir
2012.09.14, 05:01 PM
hey,

anyone have good results using liquid mask in their paint jobs? I've got some for my 1:10 lexan bodies and thought why not?

derek

reaper
2012.09.15, 04:16 AM
I have used the humbrol brand . . . Wasnt impressed pain to apply and even worse to get off ,
Other brands may be better but as i had a bad experience i was put off from trying any .
The one i used was just like contact adhesive but purple

NoBrainer
2012.09.15, 10:05 AM
Used Fasmask by Parma.

It takes long time to dry.
It's not easy to get correct, but then again so ain't masking.
But it's easy to peal of.

But I don't like it...

unearthed name
2012.09.15, 10:50 PM
for humbrol, you need to use scotch brite. i use it for my tank line, and it works nice. beware the smell though.

cowboysir
2012.09.16, 12:29 AM
Am I to understand you wash the liquid mask off with scotchbrite? I'm not sure I've understood where your heading here.....

xmodcanuck
2012.09.16, 03:17 PM
I found that with the paint I used (Krylon Fusion for Plastic) it ate the paint. When I peeled it off some of the paint underneath came off with the mask. What was left behind was bubbled. Clearly the wrong stuff to use with that paint.

cowboysir
2012.09.16, 05:55 PM
For mini-z I will be using tamiya TS rattle can and the tamiya X acrylic paints. I will try the liquid mask on a test body in the future with these paints but since I'm having better success with tape and the colour layout for my race scheme I'll most likely stick with tape.