PDA

View Full Version : Traction Break-thru

Billiam_Returns
2002.08.06, 09:54 PM
We just tore apart my old track at the same time we were getting new carpeting. We had all of our old carpets in our basement, so I put my STOCK Mini-Z on it and floored it. No slipping or skidding or spinning out for that matter! No loss in the steering or speed department! I drove on the carpet upside-down (weaved plasticy side up), Layed it out and made a decent bargain busting track out of half inch scrap boards.

I'll post pictures soon.

It's pretty ghetto fab, I'll admit

Russ
2002.08.07, 01:14 AM
Yea, I found that out a few months back. He's right, the underside of carpeting is an excelent track surface. Until I got the car setup right, it would traction roll like mad!!

Wedginator
2002.08.07, 09:01 AM
lol... traction roll.... that caused my wing to break off.... now i need to find another one... haha...

Billiam_Returns
2002.08.07, 10:51 AM
what exactly is traction roll?

Wedginator
2002.08.07, 11:54 AM
it's the car taking the corner too fast and flipping..... the tires grip the road too well and instead of skidding, it flips the car....

Josheus
2002.08.07, 01:15 PM
seeing as f1 mini-z are so low do u reckon they would ever traction roll ona total smooth, flat track??

Wedginator
2002.08.07, 01:50 PM
i've seen it happen on carpet once.....

Josheus
2002.08.07, 02:16 PM
was the car using foams?

Wedginator
2002.08.07, 04:09 PM
i have no idea.... i just saw the car doing rolls when i walked by... :D

ultrawide
2002.08.07, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Russ
Yea, I found that out a few months back. He's right, the underside of carpeting is an excelent track surface. Until I got the car setup right, it would traction roll like mad!!

Your not alone Russ, made a wrong adjustment on the F1 balldiff once and my mates, yeah those bastards where ROFL and teasing me for the rest of the evening :D .
But it did look fun I have to admit, like someone should have applyed glue under one of the rear wheels :)

lightfighter
2002.08.25, 04:43 PM
traction roll!!!!! ahhh thats almost unrealistic, I used some seating material. like for car interiors, I had a roll laying around the house. this stuff is great, but you get awesom traction. my f1 doesn't roll, but u can still spin out just enough to keep it real!!! There no such thing as a race car that can't spin the tires!!!! oversteer and understeer are part of racing!!!!