PDA

View Full Version : October 12, 2013 - HFAY S16 Race 7-8

arch2b
2011.12.11, 06:56 PM
This will be held at Hobby Works in Fairfax, Virginia

TheRinger
2013.10.04, 11:23 AM
Hopefully I should make it to this race. Still got to fix my mr03's.

arch2b
2013.10.05, 09:15 PM
had a good time over at the Remnant track today and several of the guys will be joining us for this HFAY race.

i got a donated printer for the store track pc. i downloaded the drivers so hopefully the pc won't need an internet connection to complete the install. the 3rd race screen was hooked up and was working at the stock class racing date.

anyone know how to contact rene, marcus, dwayne or sun?

arch2b
2013.10.05, 10:01 PM
don't forget, if you want Bruce to re-order, please give him the part numbers. bruce doesn't race so doesn't know what we use or want so unless we tell him, he doesn't really have much to go on.

arch2b
2013.10.12, 04:19 PM
want to thank gary's group for making the trip across the beltway for HFAY! we had some VERY close racing! the lap variation within each main grouping was very tight.

sorry for the confusion in qualifying for Remnant's guys. we run an open qualifying period and calculate the mean of the 4 best laps to determine mains. depending on how big the groups are we vary the number and length of qualifying to accommodate timely completion.

TheRinger
2013.10.15, 04:04 PM
Racing this past Saturday was fun. Can't wait till next time.

Mike Keely
2013.10.15, 06:33 PM
I hope to make it to the next race.:)

Mike Keely
2013.10.15, 06:36 PM
want to thank gary's group for making the trip across the beltway for HFAY! we had some VERY close racing! the lap variation within each main grouping was very tight.

sorry for the confusion in qualifying for Remnant's guys. we run an open qualifying period and calculate the mean of the 4 best laps to determine mains. depending on how big the groups are we vary the number and length of qualifying to accommodate timely completion.

Is this something that you can now do on Zround? Is this consecutive laps or best 4?

arch2b
2013.10.15, 08:24 PM
latest version of zround includes this in the qualifying setup. click on the magnifying glass and you get additional options.

i choose mean of 4 fastest laps, non consecutive. you can set the number of laps to whatever you want. when you have 5-6 cars on a HFAY track, 4 consecutive laps is more luck than skill in dodging traffic. it's a quick way to get through 10-14 drivers in 10-20 minutes time and as the results sorted this past weekend, it led to some very closely paired mains. not ideal but practical, efficient and puts more emphasis on consistency vs. hot lap.

we ran bump ups as well so lots of mains (a-e) but the keeping mains to 3 drivers is nice and giving the opportunity to bump up is always fun.