PDA

View Full Version : Pressure plates for Atomic 2wd Diffs

HammondCheese
2012.12.11, 07:57 AM
Hi,
I've got a 2WD Atomic diff thats about 12 months old and in need of a rebuild. Its got the d-style pressure plates but I cant seem to see them listed on the Atomic site any more (or 2 other Atomic stockists). Are the D-Style plates no longer made? The only 2wd plates I could see were the round style AR-070. These kind of fit with a tiny bit of play but arent ideal. Any suggestions as to what plates to use?
This leads to a related question - what style plates do the V-III diffs (ie AR-270) use? Anyone?

Atomic-USA
2012.12.11, 09:36 PM
Correct, these rings are no longer being sold as replacement. These rings can be re-finished using high quality sand paper from Tamiya for example.

HammondCheese
2012.12.12, 09:17 PM
Correct, these rings are no longer being sold as replacement. These rings can be re-finished using high quality sand paper from Tamiya for example.

Thanks for the fast response - I'll give it a shot. Does this mean that the current diffs use the standard round style plates eg AR-070?

Thanks again.

Atomic-USA
2012.12.12, 09:59 PM
No, all current Atomic diffs use the same D-ring.

The pressure plates will be as good as new after polishing; there is no real need to replace them.