PDA

View Full Version : MR-03 price increase

ChiMiniRc
2012.12.12, 05:15 PM
Just a heads up, buy up any remaining stock from your dealers if you are planning on getting any MR-03's. They are going to be increased in price by about $40-$50.

Zrc
2012.12.13, 12:38 PM
You've got to be kidding !!??:eek::eek:
What's the deal with that ?? Is the Mini Z market so good that Kyosho figures people will pay that kind of money or is it exactly the opposite.
I would think this would be a bad idea given the economy. Surely it can't help American sales.

Sinister_Y
2012.12.13, 01:27 PM
The kits that have not been release yet will carry a retail of 339.99; street price probably around 229-249. The older pricing seems to remain in effect for those kits already released to date. i.e. the Fiat and Black Enzo GT will have the higher retail prices along with the soon to be released Lotus Elise and Ferrari 458 GTs.

arch2b
2012.12.13, 02:10 PM
not unexpected and were getting another jump in autoscale prices as well. i would love to hear kyosho's thoughts or reasoning for the recent spat of price increases. they are dangerously close to simply pricing themselves out of the market entirely. they are already in the top tier for pricing. i won't say it will kill mini-z but it's certainly not going to help in a period of economic stagnation. what it will do is drive off the average consumer vs. the avid hobbyist.

ChiMiniRc
2012.12.13, 02:20 PM
no unexpected and were getting another jump in autoscale prices as well. i would love to hear kyosho's thoughts or reasoning for the recent spat of price increases. they are dangerously close to simply pricing themselves out of the market entirely. they are already in the top tier for pricing. i won't say it will kill mini-z but it's certainly not going to help in a period of economic stagnation. what it will do is drive off the average consumer vs. the avid hobbyist.

When holding races at HobbyTown, it takes some coaxing and rentals to get people to buy into Mini-z, and that's to pull off an MR-02ex sale at $189. The Mr-03 + kt-18 combo at $289 serves more to drive value in the mr-02ex. Mr-03's sell but usually by folks looking to upgrade from an mr-02.

Frankly, at $100 difference most folks realized an mr-02ex with $100 in upgrades is a great car (that they can invest into over time). Now the price difference will just sell more mr-02ex. I don't think I could possible explain why someone would want to buy an mr-03 + kt-18 vs an mr-02ex Readyset now. Not with a $140-$150 price increase over an mr-02ex readyset. Of course, there is no saying The Mr-02ex readyset isn't going to jump next.

color01
2012.12.13, 06:48 PM
Who knows what Kyosho is thinking sometimes... it's almost like a re-listed auction with an ever-increasing reserve for an item that's not exactly selling well to begin with.

My 03 and its spare PCB better not die in the next decade. :)

herman
2012.12.13, 10:08 PM
aw... cr@p.... that's just great news... :rolleyes::eek::confused::mad::(

can't really find any logic in their increasing prices.... i'm more into making small margins if you get the volume...

but knowing the mini-z nut that i am... who knows? :confused:

wondering if there's a feedback button... opposite of "like" on the kyosho website...

price increase.... "hate" :p

Bodom
2012.12.14, 08:28 AM
That must be joke :rolleyes:

Kay-Dee
2012.12.14, 10:16 AM
Hy

I think itīs the same problem all over the world :rolleyes:
Kyosho Germany raised the price up to 285$ for a regular 03 body/chassis set
over a month ago :mad:
Now at chrismas time, they gave a special price for the 02EX units to the buisness but the normal growing of the comunity in winter time is still less than the years before :(