PDA

View Full Version : HFAY Season 15

briankstan
2012.12.31, 07:57 PM
Tracks are posted for HFAY Season 15.

www.howfastareyou.com

Look under both Racer and F1 for Season 15. Looking forward to competing against everyone in this coming new year. :)

Registration is setup and ready as well. you can register you club by following this link

HFAY Registration (http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Zen_Cart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_99)

Clubs Registered for Season 15
Washington Area GTG
Western Zydney Racers
Crazy Fast Fords
Salt Lake Mini-Z
SCORERC
Burncity MiniZ
NOKRC

Mike Keely
2013.01.08, 08:05 PM
I just noticed that there are no bump-outs in track #3. Is that correct???

arch2b
2013.01.08, 09:00 PM
washington dc gtg paid for racer s15. :)

briankstan
2013.01.09, 07:16 AM
I just noticed that there are no bump-outs in track #3. Is that correct???

Mike, yes that's correct, no bumpouts in that layout.

washington dc gtg paid for racer s15. :)

Thanks!

arch2b
2013.01.12, 09:37 PM
in what has to be a record for me, raced today and uploaded results as well! lets hope i can keep this up. :p

Mike Keely
2013.01.12, 09:59 PM
in what has to be a record for me, raced today and uploaded results as well! lets hope i can keep this up. :p

Maybe a record for me also!

bevo
2013.01.15, 07:22 AM
I'm thinking about sigining a club up for the racer series, but the site will not bring up the racer tab so that I can look for the rules and see how everything works. It gives me an internal error when i click on racer series.

I've read about how tis all works before but it's been a long time ago and i can't remember exactly how everything is suppose to be ran. I would really like to be able to look at the rules pages and check everything out.
Any help would be great.

briankstan
2013.01.15, 10:38 AM
I'm thinking about sigining a club up for the racer series, but the site will not bring up the racer tab so that I can look for the rules and see how everything works. It gives me an internal error when i click on racer series.

I've read about how tis all works before but it's been a long time ago and i can't remember exactly how everything is suppose to be ran. I would really like to be able to look at the rules pages and check everything out.
Any help would be great.

not sure why it isn't coming up for you. Here is the current manual for S15 for Racer

HFAY Racer S15 Manual (http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/HFAY/HFAY-S15-RACER-Manual.pdf)

Basically we run the same track for 2 races each month, one time clockwise, one time counter clockwise. Races need 3 cars per heat. (you can use an extra driver to make 3 even if he has previously ran, it's just to make sure it's a run with some kind of traffic that other will have). the races are 8 minutes.

Time for the races get submitted each month and go into a pool of drivers for the month. Points are scored by where you finish against everyone that competed. Points awarded to all racers and there are 2 dropped races per the 5 month (10 race) series.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

*edit - Looks like the site is having some issues, I'll look into it. I've updated the link above to the files on my SLMZ site so you can get what you need. :)

pinwc4
2013.01.15, 03:53 PM
Sorry about this. The site should be working better now. I recently upgraded the web server and there have been a few bugs as a result. It you do encounter more problems you can let me know and I will get it fixed.

bevo
2013.01.15, 05:55 PM
not sure why it isn't coming up for you. Here is the current manual for S15 for Racer

HFAY Racer S15 Manual (http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/HFAY/HFAY-S15-RACER-Manual.pdf)

Basically we run the same track for 2 races each month, one time clockwise, one time counter clockwise. Races need 3 cars per heat. (you can use an extra driver to make 3 even if he has previously ran, it's just to make sure it's a run with some kind of traffic that other will have). the races are 8 minutes.

Time for the races get submitted each month and go into a pool of drivers for the month. Points are scored by where you finish against everyone that competed. Points awarded to all racers and there are 2 dropped races per the 5 month (10 race) series.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

*edit - Looks like the site is having some issues, I'll look into it. I've updated the link above to the files on my SLMZ site so you can get what you need. :)

Thanks for the reply. I registered our club as SCORERC, but I'm still having trouble viewing some of the site. Is there anything else we need to do to race, or just follow the manual and send you our results once we have ran?

I just noticed whenever I hit submit under the club registration I didn't put my email at the bottom. I tried to go back and edit the club to add my email, but it will not let me open that tab. I get an error page when I click on edit.

pinwc4
2013.01.15, 07:31 PM
Thanks for the reply. I registered our club as SCORERC, but I'm still having trouble viewing some of the site. Is there anything else we need to do to race, or just follow the manual and send you our results once we have ran?

I just noticed whenever I hit submit under the club registration I didn't put my email at the bottom. I tried to go back and edit the club to add my email, but it will not let me open that tab. I get an error page when I click on edit.

You should be able to do that now. Again sorry for all these bugs.

I upgraded the web server in preparation for adding more features and it was supposed to be fully backwards compatible with the existing code. However obviously it has not been.

bevo
2013.01.15, 09:21 PM
You should be able to do that now. Again sorry for all these bugs.

I upgraded the web server in preparation for adding more features and it was supposed to be fully backwards compatible with the existing code. However obviously it has not been.

Good work, everything is working again, and we are signed up.

briankstan
2013.01.16, 11:51 AM

you'll want to look here for some info. I put together a club admin tutorial that will help.

http://www.howfastareyou.com/pages/show/docs

you will be uploading your times to the site when you complete the races just follow the tutorial it explains it all.

also you need to pay the registration fee HFAY Registration (http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Zen_Cart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_99&zenid=442f275d91b2f853ecf945eb259863e2) before the sytem will let you enter your times for the season. it's $12 for the entry fee for the entire club no matter the size.

bevo
2013.01.16, 12:39 PM
Payment sent. We should be good to go now.

briankstan
2013.01.16, 12:43 PM
Payment sent. We should be good to go now.

Got it, your good to go. if you have any other questions just hit me up and I'll do my best to help you out.

Brian

briankstan
2013.01.21, 09:26 AM
List updated above for all register clubs as of today. Don't forget you won't be able to upload your results until you register for the season.

bevo
2013.01.21, 11:16 AM
List updated above for all register clubs as of today. Don't forget you won't be able to upload your results until you register for the season.

Do we register for the season just by submiting our times for the first layout?

briankstan
2013.01.21, 10:46 PM
Do we register for the season just by submiting our times for the first layout?

You've already payed the registration fee so you are good to go.

briankstan
2013.01.23, 08:02 AM
added NOKRC for season 15, thanks.

Looks like there is an issue with logging into the site. We're looking into it. Let me know if you are having issues.

thanks.

tool38
2013.01.27, 02:37 PM
Setting up the track as I type this, can't wait to get this season underway.

briankstan
2013.01.28, 09:17 AM
Setting up the track as I type this, can't wait to get this season underway.

Great, we ran our races on Thursday. I had a great clockwise race :), not so great counter clockwise :(

Looking forward to seeing how this season shapes up.

danjoyy25
2013.01.29, 02:49 AM
Brian : Cannot log in to load results. Can I email you the files?

briankstan
2013.01.29, 08:06 AM
Brian : Cannot log in to load results. Can I email you the files?

we are having a few issues that are being sorted through since and upgrade. I'm not able to log in currently either. I'll let you know when it's available and working.

You can send me the times if you like as well and I can make sure they get in there.

briankstan
2013.01.29, 10:22 AM
Dan, it should work for you now.

briankstan
2013.01.30, 09:07 AM
just uploaded our results. :D

we reverted the side back so we shouldn't be having any issues with anyone trying to load results.

thanks.