PDA

View Full Version : Washington DC 4 Hour Endurance Event

arch2b
2013.01.03, 09:05 PM
We are picking back up on our 2008 (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25427&highlight=hour+endurance) smash success 3 Hour Endurance Race! We are not only building on this success but taking it up a notch and making it 4 hours!

Date: Saturday, March 16, 2013
6103 Old Branch Ave
Temple Hill, MD

Email or PM me via this forum for registrations. Please have team leader designated for delivery of hand out body.
Team entry fee: $30.00
This is not for profit, these are reimbursable costs and fee's, broken down as follows;
Hand out body = $17
Hand out motor = $7
Trophies = $6
Total = $30 due prior to receipt of team body

Format/Rules:
Body: hand out white body - Ferrari 599XX
Motor: hand out motor - PN Mini-Z PNWC 2009 Official 70 Turn Stock Motor
Wheel Offsets: front +2mm offset/20mm dia.; +3 offset/20mm dia.
Batteries: AAA NIMH batteries
Tires: any rubber tires
Chassis: any Iwaver, Kyosho, Firelap, Xmods chassis. No brushless systems. If all teams have VE, we can consider making it VE only. No FET restrictions.
3 person team, minimum
4 hours long
There will be a designated 'PIT' area on the track. All cars must enter/exit within this area unless Marshall is requested to pick up your car. Otherwise, HANDS OFF!

Requirements:
-White body must be painted. All parts must be attached. All entries will be entered in Best in Show competition with voting by popular choice at event. At time of registration, please designate team member responsible for painting autoscale and provide address for delivery.
-Motors will be picked at random by team captains day of race. We will have a small number of extra's in case of catastrophic motor failure.
-Giro-Z/ZRound will be used for scoring.
-Track layout TBD.

Schedule:
Friday. March 15, 2013
Track will be setup at time to be determined and open for practice Friday afternoon/night.
Saturday, March 16, 2013
Track opens at 10:0am
Race starts at noon
Race ends at 4:00pm
Track closes at 5:30pm

Facility has pit space available.

Registered Teams: (10 teams maximum)
1. Saint/Seth/Mike K (paid)
2. David/Dwight/Fisherman (paid)
3. Dave/Quinn/Ed (Signed-up but not yet registered)
4. Arthur/Raymond (paid)

Thank you to shop.TinyRC.com for assistance in procurement of materials :)

Results:
http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/1441/medium/results.JPG

Team Red/White
Mike
Saint
Demone

Team RMZR
Ed
Dave
Quinn

Team Orange
Al
Steve

Team Yellow/White
Arthur
Melvin
Raymond

Team Remnant
Fisherman
Dave
Dwight

arch2b
2013.01.04, 07:55 PM
ok, so after some talks, we have 2 general time frames available. guaranteed space mid February to early March or as yet to be determined space in June.

anyone have a preference?

Mike Keely
2013.01.04, 07:57 PM
I am for doing it in the winter because I will be running nitro outdoors in the summer. Feb. is my vote. I would also like to see it stretched to 4 hours!! OH---YEAH

arch2b
2013.01.04, 08:17 PM
longer is never a problem for me. i'm really concerned about getting enough teams to participate given the entry cost to cover the body/motor. 2008 was perfect with 10 teams. 5 teams would be about the minimum i think.

arch2b
2013.01.14, 09:52 PM
this is a go! I have the bodies on order, motors are being lined up as well. Mike is working on firming up dates.

Need suggestions for track layout ;)

arch2b
2013.01.17, 02:04 PM
ok, with Mike's help we've finalized the details and i've updated the 1st post. please spread the word as i know many aren't active online.

tr1kstanc3
2013.01.22, 05:03 PM
I've been racing touring car but I am definitely interested in bringing out the mini-z's. Need a teammate anyone? :)

Mike Keely
2013.01.22, 07:07 PM
Saint, Seth, and I are going to make up one team.

arch2b
2013.01.22, 07:34 PM
Saint, Seth, and I are going to make up one team.

you guys are the first team! Let me know who will be painting the body and can drop off upon receipt of registration payment. :)

Mike Keely
2013.01.26, 09:42 AM
you guys are the first team! Let me know who will be painting the body and can drop off upon receipt of registration payment. :)

Do you want me to PayPal you the money? PM me your account.

arch2b
2013.01.26, 09:53 AM
cash would be the preferred method as i will still need to divvy up the monies in the end. it's one reason why i'm not taking the HT USA fee up front, i don't want to be responsible for that portion of the costs and rather see that go straight from team to shop.

what i do need is the name of the team member responsible for painting your team body so it can be delivered.

reminder to ALL: bodies need to have all bits installed. the only clearancing permitted is that required to allow parts to function. NO holes, trimming of bumpers, fenders, etc. outside of this parameter.

Mike Keely
2013.01.29, 08:18 PM
Are you going to be at Gary's anytime soon? I could get it to you then. I can also mail you a check if that would work also. Let me know. MK

arch2b
2013.01.29, 08:21 PM
Not in a rush. I'll pick it up next time I'm at the track.

arch2b
2013.02.01, 08:32 AM
the motors arrived yesterday so i have all the hand out items!

i'm going to try to make it to the track saturday, if only to drop off bodies for registered teams and bodies i owe to a few. i can't stay to race unfortunately.

Mike Keely
2013.02.03, 10:51 AM
Hi guys, As I hope most of you know that we have a 4 hour enduro coming up on March 16th here in MD. I am trying to get a feel for any teams that where planning on coming. We are about a month away but we have not really heard any buzz about other clubs coming. If anyone was planning on coming please send me a private message. I feel that we will need to cancel the race at the hobby shop were it is being held if it looks like we don't have enough teams. Thanks guys. MK

TheRinger
2013.02.14, 02:05 PM
Everyone keeps asking about using the warehouse that we used for the big track HFAY for the endurance race. Well unfortunetly they are loaning it out to another company. So it's off limits. Sorry. They been moving stuff out of it and putting it where ever they can put it.

Mike Keely
2013.02.14, 08:59 PM
I feel that with only 3 teams I am going to cancel the race to be held at HT in Fredrick MD. I guess we will still have it at the Remnant track.

imxlr8ed
2013.02.14, 09:31 PM
So far, three of us can make it for one other team to add to that list. Doesn't really matter to me where it's held at as long as the racing is good. :D If you can fit us into Remnant, it's all good.

arch2b
2013.02.14, 09:40 PM
lets just plan on it being at remnant :) i'll be racing for 4 hours, even it's just me:rolleyes:

arch2b
2013.02.15, 07:05 PM
due to low registration, the event will move from large accommodations to smaller accommodations, Remnant Race Track of Maryland.

Mike Keely
2013.02.15, 09:05 PM
So far, three of us can make it for one other team to add to that list. Doesn't really matter to me where it's held at as long as the racing is good. :D If you can fit us into Remnant, it's all good.

Yes, we have room for more racers. It will be good to see you again. Maybe we can cut it down to two men teams if anyone wants to have that much run time.

arch2b
2013.02.15, 09:16 PM
If anyone is willing, 2is fine with me. Cost per person goes up though, just aware of that as your splitting the cost 2ways vs. 3ways

Mike Keely
2013.02.15, 09:22 PM
That is fine with me. Saint and I can split up also just to make it more fun. I could ask Damone or Dwight.

Mike Keely
2013.02.15, 09:24 PM
For the out of towners. Here is a shot of one of our Mod races. My car is the red one if anyone was wondering. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJMDQRXCvUM

arch2b
2013.02.19, 10:16 PM
as there are only 3 teams currently, and i have 2 of the paint jobs, i wanted to give a hint at the branding for one of them ;)

arch2b
2013.02.22, 07:50 PM
guys, i lost the front toy hook trying to glue it is so feel free to loose that one ;) damn thing just shot out of my tweezers and poof, gone.

imxlr8ed
2013.02.25, 03:39 PM
The address for Remnant?

Might want to change the first post with the Hobbytown address still up there too.

Mike Keely
2013.02.25, 06:46 PM
The address is
6103 Old Branch Ave
Temple Hill, MD

abasualdo
2013.03.04, 11:49 AM
Hi,

My name is Al, Steve (other team member) and I normally run with Ed's crew in Reading, but we are looking forward to your enduro event. Question regarding wheel offset, standard 599 autoscale offset is +3 front and back, that is what comes with the autoscale bodies and is what I have, is that ok, you mention +2 up front.

thanks, please let me know

Al Basualdo

imxlr8ed
2013.03.04, 12:33 PM
Also... are wings allowed, or are we just sticking with the stock spoiler? I'm guessing that cutting out the rear isn't allowed as well?

arch2b
2013.03.04, 01:30 PM
please use the specified offsets. +3 front may fit but rule of thumb is it's going to be a problem for someone, there is always one...

rear wings are allowed, if you are kind enough to provide one for each team (6) :p

no modifications to the body are permitted unless absolutely required for proper function of parts. all parts that came with the kit must be installed with exception of the front tow hook. this includes the pesky ferrari logo :p

Atomic lexan window must be used and provided with each team white body kit.

if practicing ahead of event, PN 70T motors will be used for the event and will be provided at the track.

Remnant Race Track of Maryland has pit space available with on-site soldering station, compressor for cleaning off cars, etc.

all races are video recorded and posted to club youtube channel.

imxlr8ed
2013.03.04, 02:19 PM
rear wings are allowed, if you are kind enough to provide one for each team (6) :p

I was planning to, but my budget is currently sequestered. :(

arch2b
2013.03.04, 02:36 PM
luckily i bought the bodies, motors and windows before that hit my hobby budget otherwise we would be racing papercraft 599xx :rolleyes:

abasualdo
2013.03.04, 02:43 PM
Not sure why u guys are changing the standard Kyosho front offset for the 599xx, but I will do so as requested. Off to order some rims :)

With 6 teams, it should be alot of fun, cant wait.

Al

arch2b
2013.03.04, 02:53 PM
lets just say there are many opinions when it comes to appropriate offset:o went with least likely to cause trouble is all, a compromise if you will.

is should be plenty of fun. if not, were not doing it right :p

Mike Keely
2013.03.11, 10:23 AM
For the crews coming in from out of town. You will want to bring a extention cord and power strip just in case. We have enough tables and chairs. What time do you think that you will arive on Sat? I was just wondering what time you all wanted to start? Thanks MK

arch2b
2013.03.11, 10:49 AM
as my team has not met for practice yet, i would like to start as early as practical. the earlier we open practice, the sooner the race can start meaning the sooner the race will end and travelers will have more time to, well, travel. :p

i can be there as early as 8am, that's sleeping in for me anyway.

i'm hoping we can tool around afterward for some fun time too. i have my DS3 to test (90mm) and maybe my ferrari 458 (HFAY). it would be great if we could squeeze in some fun runs with the out of town guys if they have time.

imxlr8ed
2013.03.11, 12:11 PM
We'll probably roll in around 10 or a bit earlier. I think 3 drivers should be able to tune a single car pretty quickly (famous last words).

Mike Keely
2013.03.11, 05:11 PM
I just spoke to Gary.. He will open the track at 8AM on Sat. We will supply hotdogs and chips for the racers. This way you will not need to leave for lunch as long as you like hotdogs. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

arch2b
2013.03.16, 07:30 PM
just got home and quick note to all, please share pictures taken by uploading to the this event gallery (http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/showgallery.php?cat=1441). :)

hilldebrandt
2013.03.16, 07:39 PM
Which team won ?

arch2b
2013.03.16, 07:45 PM
Which team won ?

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/1441/medium/results.JPG

Team Red/White
Mike
Saint
Demone

Team RMZR
Ed
Dave
Quinn

Team Orange
Al
Steve

Team Yellow/White
Arthur
Melvin
Raymond

Team Remnant
Fisherman
Dave
Dwight

hilldebrandt
2013.03.16, 08:10 PM
Cool, thanks Ray.
RMZR was represented well...:)

racerquinn#1
2013.03.16, 08:53 PM
just got home and quick note to all, please share pictures taken by uploading to the this event gallery (http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/showgallery.php?cat=1441). :)

how do we upload to gallery? i have all my pictures on my iPhone

arch2b
2013.03.16, 09:36 PM
you will have to download them from your phone to whatever you use; website, computer, etc. then upload to the gallery page linked. you should see the button to text link to upload photos on that gallery page.

this version of vb bulletin doesn't yet support mobile devices as a drive to upload images from. more recent versions do, but this one doesn't. i should clarify that by saying it won't recognize my iphone as a drive to get images from. i have no idea if that holds true with android phones.

arch2b
2013.03.16, 09:42 PM
Cool, thanks Ray.
RMZR was represented well...:)

the real story for the day was team orange. they started off in last place and worked their wal all the way up to 3rd.! to top it off, they were a team of two! :cool: 2nd-5th were really all that was up for grabs. it was a forgone conclusion that team red/white would take 1st unless some failure or breakage took them out. i do have to say however that team rmzr gave it a hell of a chase :p

the battle was mainly between team orange and team yellow/white after team remnant had steering failures that took them out for a short bit. it's amazing that after 4 hours and 1700+ laps that these teams were only 7 laps apart!

arch2b
2013.03.16, 09:45 PM
really want to thank the Remnant crew for holding the event and opening their doors and providing lunch, etc. great bunch of guys and special recognition goes to Gary and Mike for helping to make this a success. :cool:

absolutely would not have been the same without the PA guys. if you know them you understand why it's always a pleasure to spend time with them and have some fun track time. :p we certainly appreciate the effort to make the trip and look forward to making it up north for an event.

lfisminiz
2013.03.16, 10:15 PM
Nice job by all!:)

imxlr8ed
2013.03.16, 10:37 PM
So... 60x4=240/5=fourty eight back to back 5 minute races! Yeah... that was fun! Rough start for us but we got into the rhythm once everything became glued on properly! I am still rubbing the RCP dust out of my eyes as I type! I never saw reverse camber wear on an inside tire before, pretty cool! The outer one was down to the tire tape, and these were both new 30 degree tires when we started!

Just want to thank the Remnant gang for having us! I haven't been out to many events lately but this one was like I never left... you all made us feel right at home! Thanks for the hospitality, the grub, the laughs and the great racing! Once again I'm left wishing I live a few miles closer to somewhere else! We all had a great time and I know we all want to get together again soon!

And of course, if anyone wants to roadtrip up our way, you are all more than welcome to join us as well! I don't think it was more than 2 1/2 hours home... much less traffic at the evening hour surprisingly.

Also, for those who were interested in my parts, just click the shapeways link right in my signature below, and if you have any questions feel free to give me a call or just PM me here.

Big thanks again!:D

imxlr8ed
2013.03.16, 10:47 PM
So we got beat by one full lap in 48 back to back 5 minute races!
For some strange reason, I had to see what it would've been like if they were broken down like this:

1888/48=39.3333

1827/48=38.0625

We got whooped in my book! :D

I think it would be awesome (and error revealing) to see a graph of the laps!

Here what you would call an even match:

1744/48=36.3333

1737/48=36.1875

Wow!

Mike Keely
2013.03.16, 11:14 PM
It sounds like a good time was had by all. I know that we had a home field advantage. I also know that Ed's team had a few weird things happen that would have made it a lot closer if they had not happened.

I also need to give a shout out to Melvin. He drove very well.

I was very glad to see the two teams come from PA. The race would not have been the same or as much fun without them.

Saint also asked me to have everyone check their bags. He somehow ended up loosing his brown RX glasses some where.

Good racing today everyone. I hope to do it again with everyone again some time. Thanks MK

arch2b
2013.03.17, 09:41 AM
Melvin absolutely carried our team:D the gap between team orange and team yellow/white would have been much larger if Melvin had not taken the double shifts and triple at the end.

i don't have access to the race data being an hour away but next time i'm out there, i'll get everything to show the graphs, etc.

racerquinn#1
2013.03.17, 10:03 AM
thanks guys for having us and holding the event. i had a blast and im sure ed and dave did as well. everyone drove like they should, clean, kind, and very fast!!!

thanks guys

shlm
2013.03.17, 08:43 PM
Just wanted say thank you to all of you for being so welcoming. This was my first experience at an organized event is it was very fun, more so because of all of you. You guys have a great setup down there, very impressive.

Thanks you again for being fantastic hosts and making us feel welcomed!

Steven

gasman1
2013.03.18, 08:43 AM
Just wanted to add my two cents; Great event, fun, clean, competitive racing. Great bunch of guys! Nice facility! Appreciated the hospitality and hope to do it again soon. Thanks again and no I'm not 65 :) Thanks again Dave.

briankstan
2013.03.18, 09:25 AM
sounds like this was a great success. We'll have to try something similar sometimes. Our Typical endurance races are only an hour long, and we run back to back with Racer and F1, It would kind of be cool to have teams and share the car. I Might try to replicate something along the lines of this this summer. :)

did you guys have a set number of pit stops and driver changes? what about tires changes?

imxlr8ed
2013.03.18, 10:02 AM
No set stops... as I mentioned to a few down there, the "science" of it usually goes out the window after the first pit stop. All I can recommend is to keep track of your cells, and make sure they still have as much of their capacity as they should. Comm drops, oil the bushings at every stop and do not use motor spray unless there is an extreme dirt clog. If you do use it, make sure you oil the motor before you put it back down on the track!

I'm still amazed at what happened to our car with all those laps... I realized that the diff isn't really a diff anymore, it's pretty much a solid axle now... real clunky and gummy. I have no idea how we were getting around any turns with the diff in that condition!

arch2b
2013.03.18, 01:14 PM
i've read of enduro events where pit stops were planned however our series generally leaves the means and methods up to the team as a strategy item. we talked about maybe implementing a night stage but i don't think we will get to the point where were dictating tire changes. this is i believe only, the 4th event since i started this effort and each time were learning new things, getting better and trying to take it up a notch. last time it was a super large layout, this time it was longer in duration.

in the end, i thought is was surprising how fast it seemed to go by. it certainly felt long when you were sticking for 20-40 minutes but overall, it went by quickly.

my strategy has always included; keep it simple, keep pit stops quick, keep it clean on the track and in general, enjoy yourself. if your not enjoying the event, what's the point really. i've never had an event i did not enjoy participating in despite not bringing home a trophy. that is in part why i've always enjoyed racing with the PA guys as they know how to have fun. in the past we've had greater participation from the region and i'd like to say i recall them all being fun however the bigger they get, the less i get to mingle.

one of the other key organization points the rules for the car. this also will contribute to the event by how you spec the cars. this year i went with a popular race body where as in years past i've selected something that maybe was less widely used. my choices this year were limited by time and what kyosho usa had in stock. who knows, i may just get to a 90mm enduro :p if you have not had a 90mm class, they are a lot of fun!

to the credit of the crew that helped keep this going, i don't think we had any timing issues this time. i will say i mandated clear windows in an effort to reduce potential problems. i can't say that made a difference but at $3 a car, it was worthwhile investment on my part to remove one more thing from the equation.

i also believe this was the first time the PA guys have run on the limited edition grey rcp track as well. i think this inventory may be useful in future events in planning for varying traction conditions through portions of the track.

lease i forget to mention, Team RMZR took home the best in show/concourse trophy! i'm waiting for others to share/upload pictures :rolleyes: ;) as i did not get any on this. also missed trophy pictures at the event banner and team signatures on the banner... i seemed to have forgotten all that in the relaxation at the end of the event.

imxlr8ed
2013.03.18, 02:03 PM
Yep... we all suffer from race induced brain farts. Majority of the drives home from events is spent should'a, could'a, would'a-ing... never fails!

The grey tiles were fine, that is one of those ultra-rare times when I went to a track and I didn't have to change a single thing about the car to run it!

racerquinn#1
2013.03.18, 04:28 PM
see if this link works arch

http://s133.photobucket.com/user/racerquinny/library/rc%20cars

arch2b
2013.03.18, 04:32 PM
great, thanks. i'll get them uploaded tonight.

racerquinn#1
2013.03.18, 04:42 PM
ok cool, sorry for all the pictures of the body!! wish i would of taken more of the raace. i did take a short video of the start.

Mike Keely
2013.03.18, 04:50 PM
sounds like this was a great success. We'll have to try something similar sometimes. Our Typical endurance races are only an hour long, and we run back to back with Racer and F1, It would kind of be cool to have teams and share the car. I Might try to replicate something along the lines of this this summer. :)

did you guys have a set number of pit stops and driver changes? what about tires changes?

I did not see any teams change tires. I think that I could run another two hours on my tires. We ran my car with 40 Kyosho fronts and PN 6's in the rear.

racerquinn#1
2013.03.18, 06:59 PM
Our tires were almost gone..i think if we would if ran a ge more laps we would of been running on rim.

arch2b
2013.03.18, 07:12 PM
here is a good panoramic photo

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/1441/medium/IMG_4570.jpg

arch2b
2013.03.19, 08:23 AM
i need some assistance from you guys, please PM or email me a list of full names for those on your team. i am creating an event banner for a dedicated 'event' banner wall at remnant with event results and need names to go with the teams.

briankstan
2013.03.19, 08:47 AM
I did not see any teams change tires. I think that I could run another two hours on my tires. We ran my car with 40 Kyosho fronts and PN 6's in the rear.

I was just curious if it was part of the regs. it would be cool to maybe mandate 1 tires change just the add that part of it into it..

sounds like a great time was had by all. wish we weren't so far away :( or I would have tried to field a team as well.

arch2b
2013.03.19, 09:08 AM
next time i would also like to have each team fill out a setup sheet.

i'm hesitant to interject into the event something that isn't required, like tire changes, unless it serves as a component to the race (rain stage as an example). keep it simple is my philosophy and believe tire management plays an interesting part of team strategy for race management vs. dictating everyone pit to do the same thing. just my thoughts. :o

racerquinn#1
2013.03.19, 10:05 AM
our team should of changed our tires maybe half way through!!

front tires are paper thin

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q73/racerquinny/rc%20cars/862187_10151318574591956_995144583_n_zpsf4e30be7.j pg

krazy_miniZ
2013.03.19, 11:57 PM
our team should of changed our tires maybe half way through!!

front tires are paper thin

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q73/racerquinny/rc%20cars/862187_10151318574591956_995144583_n_zpsf4e30be7.j pg

What are those rims called and where do you get them from?

Nice endurance event you guys did.

briankstan
2013.03.20, 08:59 AM

I believe those are the TRP Mosler Rims, they come with the Mosler body.

imxlr8ed
2013.03.20, 10:21 AM
Yep, Moslers... they are an excellent fit for the 599.

krazy_miniZ
2013.03.20, 12:24 PM
Ahhh nice. I couldn't think where I have seen those rims before. Very awesome endurance race you guys set up and raced.

arch2b
2013.03.22, 08:48 AM
finally got all the driver names and finished the event results banner (http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/1441/Remant_Racing_Enduro_Results_Banner_copy.jpg)!

the plan is to dedicate wall space to event banners for Remnant. :p

ChiMiniRc
2013.03.22, 06:48 PM

Mosler wheels and I have spares at times from folks using the Mosler bodies but passing on the wheels. Let me know if you need any and I can bring them to the Sunday race.

byebye
2013.04.11, 10:48 AM
Looks like a great time!

Kris

Mike Keely
2013.10.15, 07:29 PM
What do you guys think? Is it time to schedule another enduro? How do you think your place would be for the event Ed? I don't want to make everyone come to us each time. We would be glad to have it at our track if you think that it would be better. Any changes that anyone would like to see this time around? Different body? Maybe a mandated gear ratio? Let open it up for your thoughts.

arch2b
2013.10.15, 09:04 PM
always ready :p

i always prefer the spec aspect to it vs. open ended. anything that makes it more about the driving is a good thing in my book. :p how about spec body and gear ratio? we did an 80's event years ago that was a lot of fun. we used mini vans for that one which i think really surprised everyone. there was a A-Team van, Ecto-1... great stuff.

imxlr8ed
2013.10.15, 09:06 PM
My place is fine for this. Might be a little tighter quarters but I can always set up pit spaces in the breezeway and garage too. What kind of date are you thinking?

Mike Keely
2013.10.16, 11:47 AM
I would think around Dec. so we can schedule everything. Not sure how that would go with the holidays???

Mike Keely
2013.10.20, 02:07 PM
What do you think??

arch2b
2013.10.20, 03:13 PM
our club has december 14th scheduled for HFAY, place holder for BTE. this would be ideal for us.

imxlr8ed
2013.10.20, 07:42 PM
Venue.

Watching just the three of my crew show up today, I kinda realised how tight it actually would be in my basement for an event like this. Races work fine, but having to pit and what-not will get to be a pain. Unless we just take 5 minute mandatory pit breaks for everyone at the same time every half-hour?

My crew is also concerned about the holidays as well, January is usually a dead month as far as events go... Maybe we could stretch it out until then? I'd like to take the next few weeks to try to find a place to hold this. Maybe than we could get more racers involved? Been a long time since there was any kind of large Mini-Z event around here, might be just that time to do it.

Just our ideas so far, I got some calls to make and some searching to do. :D

dwight
2013.10.21, 03:37 PM
What about Baltimore or the upper half of MD. I have alot of track and would love to put it all down in A nice place BTE.

imxlr8ed
2013.10.21, 05:05 PM
To be perfectly honest... since our membership is down so much, the only reason I would entertain having it up here is to possibly recruit new members by having it at a public venue and maybe to get some NYC racers to show up as well.

But then again, the Zers south of you may be more willing to show if it was more towards your area. All depends on where we could get the most people.

I hate to say it but it really seems like I could be giving cars away up here and not create new members... I advertise free RC racing all over the place and get nothing. I just don't get it!?! :confused:

I am more than happy to head down to Remnant again, awesome place you guys got there!

dwight
2013.10.21, 05:21 PM
Im up for racing any wear

TheRinger
2013.10.21, 09:05 PM
To be perfectly honest... since our membership is down so much, the only reason I would entertain having it up here is to possibly recruit new members by having it at a public venue and maybe to get some NYC racers to show up as well.

But then again, the Zers south of you may be more willing to show if it was more towards your area. All depends on where we could get the most people.

I hate to say it but it really seems like I could be giving cars away up here and not create new members... I advertise free RC racing all over the place and get nothing. I just don't get it!?! :confused:

I am more than happy to head down to Remnant again, awesome place you guys got there!
Don't give up Ed. Down here the number of people that show up to race goes up and down. But thankfully it keeps going good. I unfortunately fall in the same category of others. Life has been busy for me lately. The only time I get to race is once a month for HFAY. Sometimes twice a month if possible. So don't give up Ed.

imxlr8ed
2013.10.22, 12:00 AM
I know... not giving up, sorry to sound like such a negative ninny, maybe I'm just bummed about my recent Xmod purchase. I had such high hopes for that thing to be the new portal into small scale racing and it's just, well... let's just say I don't think it's gonna do it.

On an upnote, the local HobbyTown is stocking Z parts but I don't think they have any RTRs there yet. Now if only the would get some more square footage!

Time is tough all around, we've been at once a month for a while and even that is tough to get everyone scheduled. Work hours get longer too. But I'm not giving up on the Z, just realised me and my crew may enjoy a road trip more than our own event.

Mike Keely
2014.03.10, 08:22 PM
I heard some rumbling in the pits that guys want to do another enduro. I am in. I was wondering if Ed could host it at Railyard Hobbies.

byebye
2014.03.10, 08:50 PM
I heard some rumbling in the pits that guys want to do another enduro. I am in. I was wondering if Ed could host it at Railyard Hobbies.

You've got my vote!!!

arch2b
2014.03.10, 09:51 PM
I'll email ed, already have some of the wheels in motion :)

imxlr8ed
2014.03.10, 10:20 PM
We've been asked to hold an event by the owner himself but I wanted to wait until he gets stock of the Z before we hold an event for the Z.;)

The date would be around late April/early May? Let's hear some thoughts...

Really liked the 599 Enduro we did with you guys, I'm thinking same deal up here?

And maybe some regular racing of Mod or F1 after? :D

2 day?... 1 day?... 24 hour?... ;)

arch2b
2014.03.11, 08:20 AM
email me and we can work out the details. :p then can post updates as they occur.