PDA

View Full Version : 2013 R1 Wurks 1/28th Nationals

Z_408
2013.01.04, 02:28 PM
Please stay tuned for more details.

Date: March 22-24, 2013

Z_408
2013.01.21, 11:45 PM
Classes now have been set. More information coming soon.

Sportsman Stock PN 70
Super Stock PN 50 fixed gear ratio
Modified GT
Pan Car Modified

bcpzx3
2013.01.22, 03:09 AM
Woohoo! I have enough cars for all 4 classes, guess it'll be a busy weekend for me.

yasuji
2013.01.23, 09:02 PM
im in for gtmod and pan mod.... will brushless be allowed in the mod classes?:D

Z_408
2013.01.31, 01:36 AM
Sign ups are ready. We will cut off the event at 50 racers. Rules will go up soon.

Sign-Up Link (http://www.insidelineracing.com/2013-r1-wurks/)

Good Luck.

bcpzx3
2013.01.31, 01:52 AM
Am i first to sign up? :D

Z_408
2013.01.31, 02:12 AM
Si, you get a prize. Do you know what it is?

blt456
2013.02.02, 12:14 PM
50 turn stock and gt mod here I come :D

twinkie
2013.02.04, 09:48 AM
Tony gets a FREE WED NIGHT RACE for being the first to sign up HAHA

Z_408
2013.02.12, 12:19 AM
Thank you to everyone that has signed up already. We are currently at 30 racers. Please remember we will cut off the event at 50 racers or at the sign up deadline, whatever comes first.

Some people are a little confused about the classes. Like always, we have the sportsman class, this class is for everyone except for expert and sponsored drivers.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

thank you.

Z_408
2013.02.15, 01:59 AM
Thanks for all the sign ups so far racers. This is going to be fun. Currently working on a room block, I will keep you guys updated.

thanks.

Z_408
2013.02.21, 05:34 PM
Just a reminder that this Saturday is the last day to sign up for the race.

thank you.

bcpzx3
2013.02.21, 08:50 PM
Thanks for all the sign ups so far racers. This is going to be fun. Currently working on a room block, I will keep you guys updated.

thanks.

What is a "room block"?

DanDan
2013.02.22, 12:22 AM
The room blocks are motel rooms designated for a group. Usually you can get a better price this way and an opportunity to room on the same floor as Team PN and Ryan Crabb

Z_408
2013.02.23, 04:55 PM
Just a reminder that today is the last day to sign up for the R1 Wurks 1/28th Nationals.

Z_408
2013.02.25, 07:00 PM
Thank you for all the sign ups. Some surprises will be coming out for this race.

Good luck everyone.

Z_408
2013.02.28, 07:27 PM
Looks like we have a few spots open. If anyone is interested signing up, it will remain open for another week.

Thank you.

Z_408
2013.03.07, 11:41 PM
Last chance to sign up will be this Saturday, March 9th.

thank you, good luck.

bcpzx3
2013.03.08, 03:59 PM
"IF" someone was to get caught with an illegal motor.. Will their car really be crushed? :rolleyes:

chad508
2013.03.08, 06:04 PM
if you have to ask you will be the first one inspected. lol

bcpzx3
2013.03.08, 08:42 PM
if you have to ask you will be the first one inspected. lol

Did you already book your flight to the R1 Wurks race?

chad508
2013.03.08, 09:10 PM
I wish. Money tight right now. Maybe I can make a race later in the year.

Z_408
2013.03.18, 04:53 PM
"IF" someone was to get caught with an illegal motor.. Will their car really be crushed? :rolleyes:

Si, your car will be crushed. If you come back to the tech table and your car is gone, assume it has been crushed.

Z_408
2013.03.18, 04:55 PM
Tomorrow, Tuesday, will be an unofficial test and tune day. I have cleared up my schedule if anyone needs any help with their set-ups. I will be there at 4pm. Set-up advise is not guaranteed to be correct, however it is FREE. Good luck everyone, see you tomorrow at the track.

Z_408
2013.03.19, 11:39 PM
Great day of testing and tuning today. We got many people up to speed and running faster than they have ever driven before. Big thanks to PNWC Champion Stephen Bui for helping out. That guy knows a few things about a Mini-Z.

Friday the new track layout will be up for practice from 11am to 8pm. Tire truer will be ready at the track for everyone to use. Recommended tires are PN 6 radial for the rear. Depending on how much steering you want, the recommended fronts are PN 20 slicks or PN 15 slicks.

I will be there most of the day Friday. If anyone needs any help, please ask, I would love to help.

This weekend is going to be fun, see everyone at the track.

blt456
2013.03.20, 10:58 AM
For 50 turn stock, pn6 radial rear and 15x fronts (trued just before cutting into the letters) work great!

yasuji
2013.03.20, 06:57 PM
Great day of testing and tuning today. We got many people up to speed and running faster than they have ever driven before. Big thanks to PNWC Champion Stephen Bui for helping out. That guy knows a few things about a Mini-Z.

Friday the new track layout will be up for practice from 11am to 8pm. Tire truer will be ready at the track for everyone to use. Recommended tires are PN 6 radial for the rear. Depending on how much steering you want, the recommended fronts are PN 20 slicks or PN 15 slicks.

I will be there most of the day Friday. If anyone needs any help, please ask, I would love to help.

This weekend is going to be fun, see everyone at the track.

sweet ill be there on friday... im gonna need all the help i can get! thanks for the offer !:D

Z_408
2013.03.22, 01:47 AM
Attached is the schedule for the weekend. Friday will be open practice from 11am to 8pm.

See you at the track.

bcpzx3
2013.03.22, 02:36 AM
I will also be at the track all day Friday to help those who need help with their cars. I also have my solder station setup, so anyone who wants FET's upgraded on their cars last minute, here is your chance.

Z_408
2013.04.01, 12:57 PM
A great weekend of racing. This year's R1 Wurks 1/28th Nationals was an event to remember. R1 Wurks was the title sponsor this year and they did not disappoint. R1 Wurks came and made sure everyone was having a good time racing. First they gave out a set of batteries to every racer. Second, if you were a kid racer, you got another set of batteries. Then R1 even had more batteries as raffle prizes. This left some racers going home with up to four sets for batteries. R1 was also available and helped out with any battery issues and questions during the whole event. Big thanks to Steven at R1 for making the event great.

This year we ran the event on the smooth side of the RCP track. Everyone loved the surface and we had racers saying they might change there home track to this side.

I would like to thank Craig of iLap for again being our timing and scoring sponsor and with the great raffle prizes for the race. Craig has changed the world of Mini-Z for our club and many clubs across the world. Big thanks goes out to KO Propo, Kyosho, Atomic, PN Racing, and Reflex Racing.

I would like to thank Grant and Philip for making the trip and for their help at the event. They are always available in the pits for any type of tuning help all weekend.

The highlight of the weekend was the sportsman stock class, as it is every year. Like every year and every event we do, the winner of sportsman class becomes our next expert driver. This years race was no different from past years, it was a battle down to the last of the triple A mains. Dave C won the first main, Elliott won the second main, so it was down to the last main to decide the winner. In the last main Josef K jumped out in front and never looked back. So now Dave knew he had to finish in front of Elliott if he wanted this year's title. For the whole race Dave was second and Elliott was third and only separated by one second. It went down to the final lap and both drivers did not flinch. In the end Dave was a little faster and won the last main. Congratulations to Dave, this year's R1 Wurks 1/28th Sportsman Stock National Champion.

Our super stock class, which is PN 50T motor with 5.889 gear ratio was great racing. Luke M set the fastest lap of the weekend however in the mains it was not enough. Romel T of PN Racing took home this years title with mistake free driving. Congratulations to Romel T, this year's R1 Wurks 1/28th Super Stock National Champion.

In GT modified, it was a race to see who could find the right set up of corner speed versus stability. Grant jumped out early to set the TQ. This left racers scrambling to catch up. In the mains Stephen B was able to stay out of trouble and run clean races. Congratulations to Stephen B, this year's R1 Wurks 1/28th Modified GT National Champion.

In Pan car modified, Grant again set the TQ. With many fast drivers in this class, the racing action was very intense. On this day Grant was not going to be denied. In A1 and A1 Grant jumped out to the early lead and never looked back. Congratulations to Grant M, this year's R1 Wurks 1/28th Pan Modified National Champion.

Thank you to all racers for your support this weekend. Inside Line Racing is fortunate to have such a great group of racers. Thank you to all the racers that helped out behind the scenes. It takes a lot of work to plan and coordinate a weekend like this and it would not be possible without our racers, again thank you. Big thanks to Nykki, Inside Line Racing's new crew chief. This was her first big race handling everything that happens during the event and more, she did a great job.

Big thanks to the racers from Mexico. They came prepared to race, making the A main and taking home some hardware. It was fun hanging out with you guys, we hope to see you guys again soon.

The racing was great but the hanging out after at dinner was even better. We went to a bar Saturday night and had a few drinks. We were able to get a few drinks into Luke and that was a site to see. Ask him about it the next time you guys see him.

We hope everyone had fun at this year's R1 Wurks 1/28th Nationals. Like always, we hope to leave you with only one question, "Hey Binh, when is the next one?".