PDA

View Full Version : pinion gear

catris
2013.01.04, 04:24 PM
Newbie here. Got my son a MR-02EX Aston Martin "Ready-Set". He's been at the track driving as much as he could. Already needed a new set of wheels because of a broken spoke after a collision. So we purchased a new set of wheels and tires.

Since we were replacing the wheels, we decided to upgrade the pinion gear to the next level (7T). After making all the replacements and reassembling the car, the car drives just fine...until he tried to go in reverse.

The car appears to want to respond but doesn't move. The motor makes a slight attempt at reversing then stops.

It still drives forward and turns without any problems. We adjusted the throttle trim to keep the wheel from spinning on neutral. The car just doesn't want to back up.

Any ideas?

Thanks....and he absolutely LOVES this thing and the folks at the track we frequent make his experience much more enjoyable.

ChiMiniRc
2013.01.04, 04:51 PM
Newbie here. Got my son a MR-02EX Aston Martin "Ready-Set". He's been at the track driving as much as he could. Already needed a new set of wheels because of a broken spoke after a collision. So we purchased a new set of wheels and tires.

Since we were replacing the wheels, we decided to upgrade the pinion gear to the next level (7T). After making all the replacements and reassembling the car, the car drives just fine...until he tried to go in reverse.

The car appears to want to respond but doesn't move. The motor makes a slight attempt at reversing then stops.

It still drives forward and turns without any problems. We adjusted the throttle trim to keep the wheel from spinning on neutral. The car just doesn't want to back up.

Any ideas?

Thanks....and he absolutely LOVES this thing and the folks at the track we frequent make his experience much more enjoyable.

Since the Aston is a MM (Mid Mount) I assume you removed the "6t" spacers from the motor and placed the "7t" spacers on instead?

If you remove the motor from the pod and attempt to go forward and then reverse, will the motor spin both ways? I want to figure out if your problem is with the motor turning at all or potential binding in the drivetrain while it is installed.

LED
2013.01.05, 01:43 AM
I'm thinking you adjusted the neutral spot on the throttle of the transmitter and now you cannot find the center to go into reverse. I suggest setting the throtle trim back to neutral(you should hear a beap when it gets there) and start again from there. Or reset the transmitter all togheter and rebind the car.

Mike Keely
2013.01.05, 08:36 AM
I am glad to here that the crowd at the hobby shop is keeping it a family atmosphere. I hope that you will be able to join in with his fun. My son is in his last year of college and he still enjoys racing with me when he can.