PDA

View Full Version : Raceday January 20th, Reading PA...

imxlr8ed
2013.01.05, 11:27 AM
Just a typical Sunday this time around, I am planning to switch around the layout unless you guys want to run it again for comparisions.

Gowkaizer
2013.01.05, 07:02 PM
I vote for change!! :D

hilldebrandt
2013.01.05, 09:25 PM
Don't really matter to me, I'll race on whatever you come up with.

lfisminiz
2013.01.06, 12:25 AM
20th should be good. Changing track from time to time is always good.:)

racerquinn#1
2013.01.06, 09:59 AM
20th is good for me!! I fixed my mod car(steering servo), ordered two 70 turns, a new f1 chassis, and some com drops!!! the old F1 chassis was hanging on by a thread!!!

Mike Keely
2013.01.06, 11:09 AM
Not sure if any of your crew is interested in doing a 3-4 hour endure race in DC in the next couple of months. We were thinking of a hand out body and motor. Entry fee would be around $40 per team to cover the body and motors. Min. of 3 man teams. It would be at least a 4 L track with expansion pack and long inside turns. Trophies for 1st,2nd, and 3rd. Please let us know if you are interested. Thanks MK

imxlr8ed
2013.01.06, 12:46 PM
Not sure if any of your crew is interested in doing a 3-4 hour endure race in DC in the next couple of months. We were thinking of a hand out body and motor. Entry fee would be around $40 per team to cover the body and motors. Min. of 3 man teams. It would be at least a 4 L track with expansion pack and long inside turns. Trophies for 1st,2nd, and 3rd. Please let us know if you are interested. Thanks MK

Always interested, finding the right date is the tough part for us. Late April into May should be plenty of time to plan.

racerquinn#1
2013.01.06, 02:08 PM
id be up for another endure! I thought the one we did long long time ago was fun...I think it was a 4hr race?

gasman1
2013.01.07, 06:07 AM
I'll be there

arch2b
2013.01.07, 06:38 AM
2008, 3 hours. i've started a thread here (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38713). apologies for the interruption.

imxlr8ed
2013.01.07, 08:06 AM
No apologies required, thread jacks welcomed.

3 hour team enduro, and a 1 hour individual enduro? I wanna see traffic backups on an RCP! :D

The one hour would be 70turn, any car you want. Strictly for humor value.

imxlr8ed
2013.01.07, 04:25 PM
20th is good for me!! I fixed my mod car(steering servo), ordered two 70 turns, a new f1 chassis, and some com drops!!! the old F1 chassis was hanging on by a thread!!!

:eek::eek::eek:

You ordered something?!?!

I just upgraded to two new chassis, and that was so I could give you the old ones... at least that's how it usually works! ;) I don't think your cars will run as good with un-used parts on them, you may want to re-think this strategy.

I'll swap the track around sometime this week. Sorry I can't get you guys any tune time before the 20th, my schedule is pretty busy the next few days.

No problem showing at 9am on the 20th though.

racerquinn#1
2013.01.07, 06:36 PM
yes ed!! I actually ordered some things! I broke in the new motors and hopefully the racer will keep up on the back stretch now!! F1 is a little quicker, I really cant let loose on my track in basement. the track isn't long and its dirty so no traction!

racerquinn#1
2013.01.07, 06:37 PM
ill bring the old f1 chassis to show you what the head on collision did to it! it literally almost fell apart as I was disassembling it.

imxlr8ed
2013.01.07, 06:44 PM
Vacuum your track, sledgehammer a wall.

You did see the fix for the bumper, right? Notch it out in the back and make sure you're running the center screw.

racerquinn#1
2013.01.08, 04:32 PM
I do vacuum it..basically everytime I use it. or its the dumb vacuum. ill check the thread out!

racerquinn#1
2013.01.12, 03:26 PM
my white body vette should be done being air brushed this week!!!

Gowkaizer
2013.01.12, 04:24 PM
Will you get it back in time for the next race?

racerquinn#1
2013.01.13, 12:16 PM
yeah, my friend is air brushing it for me...he said at latest, this Friday.

imxlr8ed
2013.01.13, 12:38 PM
One week until we get our monthly fix. I'm still up for a chosen weeknight if we can all get together and pick one, something like the second Friday of each month? Sundays are still going to be random though, I've found that it's easier just to get a group vote each Sunday we race on when is good for the next month.

Gowkaizer
2013.01.13, 01:02 PM
I definetly can use a more then once a month fix(can't wait for this sunday to be here :p)...so yea any friday will do. Yes you can say i have the RC BUG in me.....:D

Gowkaizer
2013.01.13, 01:05 PM

Cool!! Would like to see it. :D

lfisminiz
2013.01.13, 05:22 PM
I definetly can use a more then once a month fix(can't wait for this sunday to be here :p)...so yea any friday will do. Yes you can say i have the RC BUG in me.....:D

Sorry it didnt work out to give you a car/radio to try out ahead of time but ill have it with Sunday.;)

lfisminiz
2013.01.13, 05:23 PM

Quinn, sounds cool. Cant wait to see it.:)

imxlr8ed
2013.01.13, 07:42 PM
Hey Larry, got any loose 03 A-arm front ends laying around? If you do, could you bring one?

lfisminiz
2013.01.13, 07:55 PM
All I got in extras is 02 Aarms....Sorry dude.

imxlr8ed
2013.01.13, 07:57 PM
Bummer, guess you'll just have to leave one of your 03s here when you leave Sunday!:p

lfisminiz
2013.01.13, 07:58 PM
You wish....:rolleyes:;):p

Gowkaizer
2013.01.13, 08:20 PM
Sorry it didnt work out to give you a car/radio to try out ahead of time but ill have it with Sunday.;)

No worries.....I've been so busy at work(crazy hours)it would have been hard to meet somewhere.......so it's all good. See you sunday. :D

lfisminiz
2013.01.13, 09:53 PM
No worries.....I've been so busy at work(crazy hours)it would have been hard to meet somewhere.......so it's all good. See you sunday. :D

Same here....later.

racerquinn#1
2013.01.15, 06:12 AM
I found a 1/24th scale 84' Camaro white model body? any chance I can configure it to a F1 chassis or a display chassis..etc etc.

imxlr8ed
2013.01.15, 10:01 AM
Bring it with you Sunday, we'll look into it.

racerquinn#1
2013.01.15, 03:54 PM
I have to get one first!! the guy who is air brushing my vette body said he might have one. I found it on a site on f******k and the guy is from rhode island.

imxlr8ed
2013.01.15, 04:20 PM
Don't narrow yourself by seasrching for a specific year... they were pretty much the same exact car from 1983 to 1992. ;)

racerquinn#1
2013.01.15, 05:10 PM
I know, its hard to find a good one. the white one the guy had looked good enough. but he hasn't answered me yet. ive asked him how much for the kit, shipping to my zip...he hasn't answered me directly.

racerquinn#1
2013.01.16, 04:27 PM
larry....just a reminder, can you bring a F1 motor mount?? cant remember which one you and ed recommended for me!

my vette body should be done by Friday!! it looks awesome, got a few pictures last night of it before the clear coat.

lfisminiz
2013.01.16, 07:44 PM
larry....just a reminder, can you bring a F1 motor mount?? cant remember which one you and ed recommended for me!

my vette body should be done by Friday!! it looks awesome, got a few pictures last night of it before the clear coat.

I have them with me....i think its the R246 one.

racerquinn#1
2013.01.16, 08:34 PM
Ok thank you larry...i just noticed the mount is completely cracked ha

miniznewb
2013.01.17, 12:30 PM
Ok schedule has been cleared So i will be there on Sunday only running racer class though no f1 for me want to get the racer dialed in and concentrate on that

imxlr8ed
2013.01.17, 03:00 PM
Ok schedule has been cleared So i will be there on Sunday only running racer class though no f1 for me want to get the racer dialed in and concentrate on that

Yay!... you can finally make it! :D

Boo!... bring your F1!!! :mad:

miniznewb
2013.01.17, 03:55 PM
Not this time I still haven't put it together, tonight I have to rebuild the 1/10th trans then tom and Saturday ill be racing that so don't want to try and slap it together cause ill screw it up and just get angry lol.

lfisminiz
2013.01.17, 06:40 PM
Glad you can make it...bring your F1.....;):D

Gowkaizer
2013.01.17, 08:07 PM
Glad you can make it...bring your F1.....;):D

Yea!! What he said ^^ :D

racerquinn#1
2013.01.17, 08:45 PM
Just bring the f1, im sure we an put it together. Thats what we are for!!

Larry, do you any older white body porsches?? Or if anyone does?

lfisminiz
2013.01.17, 09:52 PM
Have to look but I don't think so.

imxlr8ed
2013.01.18, 06:25 AM
I will personally assemble your F1 Justin... No charge! :D

I think you may have a 911 here Larry... the GT3? Thats one of the rare ones though so Quinn better bring some change! ;)

Hey Greg, you coming Sunday?

hilldebrandt
2013.01.18, 10:56 AM
At this point I'll be there.

imxlr8ed
2013.01.18, 12:47 PM
Planned attendees for Sunday:

Me
Quinn
Greg
Dave
Larry
Justin
Joey
Michelle
Al
Steve

There may be some from out of town too yet... haven't recieved verification though. There may be another from the area to stop by and check us out. Larry may bring a newbie too.

The basement is suddenly getting smaller. :D

If my regulars could park up on Earl's land (in front of his travel trailer), that would be excellent!

Mike Keely
2013.01.18, 03:02 PM
We are picking back up on our 2008 smash success 3 Hour Endurance Race! We are not only building on this success but taking it up a notch and making it 4 hours!

Date: Saturday, March 16, 2013
Frederick
919C North East Street
Frederick, MD 21701
(301) 694-7395
sales@htufrederickmd.com

Email or PM me via this forum for registrations. Please have team leader designated for delivery of hand out body.
Team entry fee: $45.00
This is not for profit, these are reimbursable costs and fee's, broken down as follows;
Hand out body = $17
Hand out motor = $7
Trophies = $6
HT USA fee = $15

Format/Rules:
Body: hand out white body - Ferrari 599XX
Motor: hand out motor - PN Mini-Z PNWC 2009 Official 70 Turn Stock Motor
Wheel Offsets: front +2mm offset/20mm dia.; +3 offset/20mm dia.
Batteries: AAA NIMH batteries
Tires: any rubber tires
Chassis: any Iwaver, Kyosho, Firelap, Xmods chassis. No brushless systems. If all teams have VE, we can consider making it VE only. No FET restrictions.
3 person team, minimum
4 hours long
There will be a designated 'PIT' area on the track. All cars must enter/exit within this area unless Marshall is requested to pick up your car. Otherwise, HANDS OFF!

Requirements:
-White body must be painted. All parts must be attached. All entries will be entered in Best in Show competition with voting by popular choice at event. At time of registration, please designate team member responsible for painting autoscale and provide address for delivery.
-Motors will be picked at random by team captains day of race. We will have a small number of extra's in case of catastrophic motor failure.
-Giro-Z/ZRound will be used for scoring.
-Track layout TBD.

Schedule:
Friday. March 15, 2013
Track will be setup at time to be determined and open for practice Friday afternoon/night.
Saturday, March 16, 2013
Store opens at 10:0am
Race starts at noon
Race ends at 4:00pm
Store closes at 5:30pm

Facility has pit space available.

Registered Teams: (10 teams maximum)

KA2AEV
2013.01.18, 03:57 PM
Okay TG Racing is coming
We know you guys run F1, thats one we don't run (Yet)
Do you guys run Wide and Narrow (70T)?
Or is there Unrestricted Wide?
What lap scoring do you use, ILap or core cards?
Also do we need to bring pit tables, Chairs, Extension cords etc???

Mike

imxlr8ed
2013.01.18, 04:48 PM
Okay TG Racing is coming
We know you guys run F1, thats one we don't run (Yet)
Do you guys run Wide and Narrow (70T)?
Or is there Unrestricted Wide?
What lap scoring do you use, ILap or core cards?
Also do we need to bring pit tables, Chairs, Extension cords etc???

Mike

Our racer class is anything you feel like running, as long as it's 1/28th scale, rubber tires, 4 AAA nimh and a PN 70turn motor.

We still use Core... I have extra tags if you don't have any.

Pit tables and chairs... maybe? How many drivers make up TG?

I have pitspace for 12, but it's no problem to set some up in my garage if I have to. I have a heater out there so it's not freezing cold! We should be able to fit everyone in though but it will be tight.

I'll open up at 9:30, we'll tune until noon and race until, say... 6pm?

My loaner F1 is always up for grabs so no biggie to borrow if you want!

KA2AEV
2013.01.18, 05:21 PM
Its just two of us
Golddust and myself
I think we have our core cards someplace I'll look for them tonight
We'll bring our table etc. just in case
Okay so let me get this
The Narrow is just standard narrow, with a 70T
The Racer is any combo, but requires a 70T
Correct?

Sorry:D

racerquinn#1
2013.01.18, 05:36 PM
im up for the endure race!! I can get the guy who just got done air brushing my vette body to paint the white Ferrari. id have to take off work Friday and sat?

lfisminiz
2013.01.18, 08:29 PM
Its just two of us
Golddust and myself
Okay so let me get this
Correct?

Ya, bring your skinnys...were slowly trying to put some together. I have one built...just needs tune time.:)

lfisminiz
2013.01.18, 08:35 PM
By the way...eating/drinks etc....its up to Ed. We usually kind of bring our own food/drinks. Sometimes Ed orders pizza. If your parked at the neghbor, you could get out to go get food also.

imxlr8ed
2013.01.18, 09:46 PM
Its just two of us
Golddust and myself
Okay so let me get this
Correct?

For us, racer is just any Autoscale, skinny or wide, we'll even run Pan bodies or lexans... but most of us just run Race type bodies (599, Vette, NSX, Enzo...). I do have a Saleen and a street size McLaren, they are narrow offset but they are 98mm. I could throw a Viper together though.

We've talked about a skinny class, but that was only after Larry came back from Maj's last month. It'll take some time til the whole crew is on board with parts and such.

Pit space shouldn't be an issue, we should be ok.

imxlr8ed
2013.01.18, 09:53 PM
Also...

Not intending to ignore your post Mr Keely, I have no doubt we'll be there for the Enduro! I'm still hoping for a half-hour, single driver, everyone race ro be added ro that event! Would love to see 30+ drivers on an RCP at the same time! No marshalls, put your car down and no touching it until the end of the half hour... 2 designated "flipper cars" will do the marshalling. Yes... I am serious! Strictly a for fun race!

KA2AEV
2013.01.18, 10:26 PM
Ohhhh Good point about the food situation,
Will throw something together in a cooler! THANKS!!!

As for the Narrow class, we used to run 70T over here in Staten Island,
so thats all set up
Our Wide Class (Your Racer, I guess) was unlimited motors,
so I changed the motors in ours to a 70T and mine has an 80T
Sorry only 1 70T in our engine pool available! Hope thats okay!

Oh another thing, Im not sure if you guys are running a point series, but We'll step aside in the
mains final laps, so we don't screw things up for you guys

lfisminiz
2013.01.18, 11:05 PM
70t...80, A OK. No worries. We are not running any kind of point thing at this time.

imxlr8ed
2013.01.19, 01:46 AM
Only brownie points if you beat Larry!

I'm sure somebody has an extra 70turn if the 80 doesn't cut it.

KA2AEV
2013.01.19, 08:53 AM
Its okay, Im happy with the 80T
I'll just be happy running with the crowd and not bouncing all over the place
It's Golddust you guys will have to worry about
He's a way better driver than me:mad::)

hilldebrandt
2013.01.20, 10:18 AM
Sorry guys I ain't gonna make it today...been off work all week with a medical issue and I'm still not feeling %100...:(

Gowkaizer
2013.01.20, 01:39 PM
Sorry guys I ain't gonna make it today...been off work all week with a medical issue and I'm still not feeling %100...:(

Sorry to hear that... hope you feel better... full house today.. we will see next time...

racerquinn#1
2013.01.20, 05:47 PM
all 11 of us in one race!!

see if the link works

http://youtu.be/RiQ5-OXidbE

imxlr8ed
2013.01.20, 05:49 PM
Real quick... Great day of racing, I will update later and hopefully post some results soon!

Gowkaizer
2013.01.20, 06:10 PM
all 11 of us in one race!!

see if the link works

http://youtu.be/RiQ5-OXidbE

Yes the link worked:p.......That was so much fun.......It was also funny that the camera was slowly moving up...........lmao........Can't wait for the next one...Good Times......:D

lfisminiz
2013.01.20, 08:59 PM
New record crowd...11!:) Good racing and our biggest turnout. Nice to see Al and Steve back and 2 of the Action guys...Mike and Goldust. Hope your drive was worth the goods times, nice to have you guys.:):)

imxlr8ed
2013.01.21, 07:21 AM
Yeah, thanks all for coming out, I hope its always worth the drive! The F1 style qualify worked out pretty well, we might be doing that from now on. Gives us more time to mess around.

We'll definitely try to get F1 in earlier next time, I put it off only because some of us were more busy with our racers trying to tune to the new layout. I don't know what was going on yesterday but every turn seems to be different now, like there is no consistency to the track anymore. I'm planning to give it a wipedown before next race with ordinary water and a really good vaccuuming, hopefully that will bring it back to what it was!

I'm also planning to build a camera mount somewhere so we're not just looking at half the track! :D

miniznewb
2013.01.21, 11:06 AM
Well it was good to be back up there racing again. Glad some new faces are showing up to race, was good to meet you Joe and Michelle.
Al and Steve was good racing with you again with our once a year meeting there. Mike and golddust was also nice having to there really close barley between the 3 of us all day, hoping u can make it once in a while so I'm bot just frying beat up on all the time lol

imxlr8ed
2013.01.21, 11:47 AM
Well it was good to be back up there racing again. Glad some new faces are showing up to race, was good to meet you Joe and Michelle.
Al and Steve was good racing with you again with our once a year meeting there. Mike and golddust was also nice having to there really close barley between the 3 of us all day, hoping u can make it once in a while so I'm bot just frying beat up on all the time lol

Yes Justin... we couldn't just give you your monthly beating in front of new members, it would have made them uncomfortable! :rolleyes:

I don't think your car was right all day... seemed like you were a little off but then again, you weren't here for a while and prolly got a bit rusty.

Al and Steve... incredible how fast you guys are, always fun to race against against two guys who have such natural talent.

Mike and Jonathan, hope you had a good time! I know it's probably nothing like you guys were used to but it's just how we do our racing. We're more about the fun than we are about the serious racing... it's a balance. If we get one or two clean races in a whole day, that's usually all we need. You did drive better in the 'everyone" race and I guess that may be due to the fact that you're probably used to navigating heavy traffic all the time up there in the NYC metro area! :D

Still trying to figure dates for next month, all of you need let me know when is good for you, just post below. I'll give you all a choice between the 17th and the 24th. Personally, I'm leaning towards the 24th.

miniznewb
2013.01.21, 12:19 PM
Yea just a totally different driving style then 1/10th, so twitchy compared to my truck. I ended up running a negative 30 steering curve to slow it down which I've never ran

hilldebrandt
2013.01.21, 04:02 PM
Awesome video of the RMZR crashfest! LOL Wish I would've been there but the way I was feeling kept me from coming. Any date for the next race is fine with me. I'll have my narrow built by then.:D

imxlr8ed
2013.01.21, 04:18 PM
I guess if we are into having a Narrow (Skinny) class, we should first define what our Narrow class will be.

I'm thinking:

PN70turn motor
96mm wheelbase or less
No "race trim" bodies, must be street cars only

That's all I can nail down so far, I'm not sure what to do about chassis choice because skinny meant skinny when the 01s, 02s and 015s were all you could buy, now with the 03... you can swap front widths. So what I'm thinking is:

No wheels wider than a zero offset for the rear, fronts to match that width.

I may even go as far as to only allow shorter wheelbases. Problem is, we'd have to ramp everyone up and I get the feeling that there would only be 4 or 5 of us who'd be into this class.

I'm really thinking of making it a box-stock class... bearings, alloy knuckles, h-plates and tires only. That'd be simple enough!

hilldebrandt
2013.01.21, 05:43 PM
At this point I have a Nissan GTR Competition Oil body for AWD that I'd like to use, looks like the street car with racing decals. Don't really want to go get another body.
I like the pn70 turn idea.
I'd say wheelbase no longer than 94, zero offset rear as well.

With box stock everyone will want to run wider bodies, unless it is box stock and "narrow only". I would definitely be up for that...:)

hilldebrandt
2013.01.21, 05:45 PM
At this point I have a Nissan GTR Competition Oil body for AWD that I'd like to use, looks like the street car with racing decals. Don't really want to go get another body.
I like the pn70 turn idea.
I'd say wheelbase no longer than 94, zero offset rear as well.

With box stock everyone will want to run wider bodies, unless it is box stock and "narrow only". I would definitely be up for that...:)

Maybe start a new thread for narrow class rules ?

lfisminiz
2013.01.21, 07:56 PM
For narrow, most sounds good so far...but i wouldnt bother with "box" stock. I threw mine together with all kinds of parts that were laying around. Id rather use parts up.:rolleyes:
70T
94 wheelbase or less
Narrow front end
0 all around
street bodies
Maybe ill think of more.

lfisminiz
2013.01.21, 08:14 PM
Any date as of now but the 24th i would lean towards too.

miniznewb
2013.01.21, 09:47 PM
you could throw 10 different classes together with your spare parts lol, i would run this if you were doing like a skinny day of racing but if doing both ill stick with my regular racer. not buying another chassis lol

imxlr8ed
2013.01.21, 10:55 PM
And Justin just made a good point. I have two MR03s and it's no problem to convert one of them to a narrow. But for guys like Quinn, Joey, Michelle, etc... that have limited resources, it'd be tough to do. Plus, it equates to less track time for those without.

I'd have to nix the idea for that reason alone, for the sake of our newbies and not so newbies. I'm not saying we couldn't do a street version class though and just say 0 offset max for 03s and -1 for 02s. I think that would be an easier hurdle for most of our budgets.

I'm down for whatever you guys want to do, heck I'd even be down with who could spend the least on a car and get the most laps but I think we'd all end up on the bay trying to out bid each other on used 01s!

Hmmm... I'm up for an 01 retro class too! I have a fully hooked 01 that is just looking for a reason to be put back together! :D

miniznewb
2013.01.22, 12:13 PM
Is be down for running 0 offsets as I know how big of a difference it was from going from 1 to 2 offset on the front, and if we do the cheap thing I think quinny will win that one lol although I did see some new bling on his table Sunday

imxlr8ed
2013.01.22, 02:16 PM
Is be down for running 0 offsets as I know how big of a difference it was from going from 1 to 2 offset on the front, and if we do the cheap thing I think quinny will win that one lol although I did see some new bling on his table Sunday

Like I've said, the day Quinny shows up with a hopped up MR03 and a Helios in his hand is the day when we will all get schooled!

I don't think swapping a body, front clip, wheels, tires and re-positioning a mount wouldn't be that big of a deal.

KA2AEV
2013.01.22, 02:47 PM
Guys!
TGR would love to Thanks everyone for having us out there for such
a fun day of racig
We would love to say that we could do it again with you soon, but between Golddusts school schedule and my own work schedule, We cannot say
However we will be back in the future! So you guys better watch out, you just caught me on a good day and Golddust on a bad day!

Thanks Again!!!

hilldebrandt
2013.01.28, 04:27 PM
As far as dates go for the next race, I prefer the 17th as the 24th is the Daytona 500 and also Lincoln Speedway opens the Sprint car season that Saturday, which means I'll be there if it is' nt too cold out...:D

lfisminiz
2013.01.28, 06:30 PM
HEY QUINN.....got my AWD running!;):):D

imxlr8ed
2013.01.29, 10:22 AM
I've just been notifified that my work requires a massive amount of overtime for the next few weeks. I won't be sure of the next raceday until we near our deadlines at the end of this month. Worst-case scenario, we'll be running on the 3rd of March... Best-case would be the 24th of February. I will update you all at the end of this week.

racerquinn#1
2013.01.29, 03:10 PM
doesn't matter when to me...and larry I don't have my awd even together yet. I cant even remember what was wrong with it hahaha. I will have to look at it someday!

lfisminiz
2013.01.29, 03:21 PM
doesn't matter when to me...and larry I don't have my awd even together yet. I cant even remember what was wrong with it hahaha. I will have to look at it someday!

Quinn...when you get to look at it..we can get it going. I got to many xtra parts for it to beef it up.;):rolleyes:

racerquinn#1
2013.01.29, 04:16 PM
the awd is basically all beefed up I think....I know it has 4562 fets and plenty more. but I will take a look and see, I know the front end is apart!!!!

I also found my over land chassis