PDA

View Full Version : help!!!! throttle problem

ak47eaz
2013.01.13, 06:14 PM
hello..i recently bought an asf atomic motor for my ma-015 2.4 asf dws stock fets...i ran it for about to mins.. turned it off pulled battery's out ..next time i went to use it i turned it on and the throttle would not work i got the wheels to barley turn..then nothing after...so i thought i fried the fets ..replace the whole asf 2.4 unit..put it together..different motor standard atomic ..paired it and ..SAME PROBLEM!!! anyone have this problem..i think it may be in the kt-18 controller..so i ordered a new kits...im gonna try to pair that car to my new kt-18..see it both cars work on it

DMALMAD
2013.01.13, 10:31 PM
did you see if the gears were binding or if there was a problem in the drive train. when you replaced the board did the fets look melted or burnt. were the batteries charged if they were nimhs and if they were alkaline did they have any juice left. Can you give any pics to help identify the problem.

ak47eaz
2013.01.13, 10:53 PM
i changed the batteries.. i recharged my normal aaa batteries.in the car and controller ..the fets where normal looking no signs of fried fets.. and i regreased and cleaned the gears and everything but..before that, when the problem happened my rear diff had a intergear broke so i took it out and same problem...i really think its somethin in the controller cuz its like there no signal or anything getting to the car..but steering works fine ..the old board and the new board the steering would work but not the throlle..idk so i got a new dws ma-015 kit coming tomorrow im gonna try to pair both cars to the controller ..see if it work.

DMALMAD
2013.01.13, 11:29 PM
the only thing i can think of then is if the eyelets that connect to the board from the motor wires squished the capacitor

HammondCheese
2013.01.14, 07:15 PM
hello..i recently bought an asf atomic motor for my ma-015 2.4 asf dws stock fets...i ran it for about to mins.. turned it off pulled battery's out ..next time i went to use it i turned it on and the throttle would not work i got the wheels to barley turn..then nothing after...so i thought i fried the fets ..replace the whole asf 2.4 unit..put it together..different motor standard atomic ..paired it and ..SAME PROBLEM!!! anyone have this problem..I think it may be in the kt-18 controller..so i ordered a new kits...im gonna try to pair that car to my new kt-18..see it both cars work on it
Probably less likely because you have changed motors but,.. on 2 of my chassis (one an 02 and one an 03) I wound up with a little bit of a stripping issue on the screw holes for one of the battery terminals. After big a crash it would sometimes loosen slightly and you had to be careful when changing motors. But when it loosened, it wasn't immediately visible - and you could only really tell when you tried to move the wires by hand - one would move easily. Symptom was the same - steering fine but erratic or no movement from the motor. Tighten the offending screw and power returned. If the new Kt-18 doesn't help maybe consider this.

DMALMAD
2013.01.14, 08:29 PM
oh that reminds me, something like that used to happen to my car but instead of the screws coming loose the terminals that connected to the battery didn't hold the battery in tight enough and there would be no throttle but would usually happen after a crash.

ak47eaz
2013.01.18, 12:28 AM
thanks for responding guys...whats it mean when the blue light on the kt-18 is flashing..i noticed that..and my other one that works has a soild blue light?

herman
2013.01.21, 10:31 PM
flashing blue light = training mode (slower)
solid blue light = normal mode

see page 24-25 click here to see kyosho online manual k-18 (http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/instructionmanual/digital_prcs/pdf/82001_perfex_kt18_m.pdf)

gctkaz
2013.02.07, 05:37 PM
I have my own throttle issue with my AWD, MA-010 RA-19 ICS.

I recently got a new main chassis due to breaking a lower steering tower, and transplanted all parts into the new chassis.

Now I have a strange issue where the throttle kind of stays on by itself for a short time when moving forward, i.e. I can't do a brief tap on the forward throttle, just a little bit of trigger movement past a certain point makes the car stay at that that point for I estimate 0.3 seconds or so to propel the car about 3 or 4 feet.

It only exhibits this behaviour going forward; I can still do little taps on reverse to move the car back 0.5 feet at a time.

It is not the trigger or radio - other cars bound to the radio don't have this problem, and the car bound to a different radio still has the same behaviour. I reset the settings on the radio and the car is still like this. It's not the motor, as I installed a different motor and it also does the same thing.

I never noticed this before, and the chassis swap is the only thing I can think of that I did recently. I have never programmed through the ICS port since I don't have a cable.

Has anybody encountered anything like this before?

TheSteve
2013.02.07, 05:57 PM
Has any fet work been done to the car? Inspect the area of the PC board around the fets very very closely and look for a damaged or missing part.

gctkaz
2013.02.07, 06:15 PM
Thanks Steve. Nope, this board is unmolested, never had any FET work done to it. I can't find any signs of damage around the electronic components either.

Is there any ICS setting that might have to do with this? I wonder if something got spontaneously corrupted.

TheSteve
2013.02.07, 06:57 PM
Thanks Steve. Nope, this board is unmolested, never had any FET work done to it. I can't find any signs of damage around the electronic components either.

Is there any ICS setting that might have to do with this? I wonder if something got spontaneously corrupted.

I can't think of anything in ICS that would cause it. I am still leaning towards some physical damage to the board. I plan to be at the meet on Sunday, if you're there we can take a look at it.

gctkaz
2013.02.07, 08:07 PM
Thanks Steve, you are the master!
While I keep you busy in the pit area, that will give some of the other guys a chance to enjoy a taste of the podium :)

Otherwise, the car is drivable, it's just tricky making tight turns since I can't really feather the throttle and I don't think I have the right tires to reduce corner push. In the very worst case, I'll just reverse my motor wires and also reverse the throttle on the radio.