PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Carolina Cup Challenge

Daddy Rabbit
2013.01.30, 07:35 AM
Hey everyone it is time to be thinking about the CCC for 2013. Landon has put me in charge of the forum threads concerning the CCC.

We will be using this thread to discuss overall details for the year, please keep coments for individual races in those particular threads.

I will be using this thread to post your individual points as the year progresses.

It is my understanding that HSH would like to host races 2 & 3 and that LGR will be hosting races 1 & 4. It would be nice if we could maybe at least pick the months that the races will held. The first race will be March 2nd at LGR, 2013 CCC Race #1(please see that thread for details).

Keep in mind that these races are open to everyone and everyone is invited.

tommy_greeneyes
2013.01.30, 03:11 PM
Hey everyone it is time to be thinking about the CCC for 2013. Landon has put me in charge of the forum threads concerning the CCC.

We will be using this thread to discuss overall details for the year, please keep coments for individual races in those particular threads.

I will be using this thread to post your individual points as the year progresses.

It is my understanding that HSH would like to host races 2 & 3 and that LGR will be hosting races 1 & 4. It would be nice if we could maybe at least pick the months that the races will held. The first race will be March 2nd at LGR, 2013 CCC Race #1(please see that thread for details).

Keep in mind that these races are open to everyone and everyone is invited.

Yes i would like to know the dates for HSH races.I am trying to know the dates so i can get off for work, it would be nice to come back and race were i started racing Mini zs. :D

Daddy Rabbit
2013.01.30, 04:36 PM
You heard that HSH guys, lets pick some months that you might do your races, so that people can plan.:confused: Then we will move on to actual dates.:cool:
Thanks guys.:)

Daddy Rabbit
2013.02.01, 06:55 AM
Thanks Albert for the info.:)

Here's what HSH has come up with:

March 2nd ---- LGR
May ??? ------ HSH
July ??? ------ Neutral Ground (not for points, I take it)
September ? -- HSH
November ? --- LGR

What does everyone think?:rolleyes:

miamimcnutt
2013.02.01, 10:01 AM
why would the neutral site race not be for points just wondering

Sammich
2013.02.01, 11:14 AM
must be like a mid year random race?

#edit i think it is a points race, since they consider it a carolina cup race...i think the point of it is so neither group will have an 'advantage', which seems awesome

chad508
2013.02.01, 11:57 AM
I agree to have it a point race but I say it need to be at the end of the year. Kinda like a tie breaker for second place between Landon,Rodney, Wade, and everyone else.

miamimcnutt
2013.02.01, 12:29 PM
I agree to have it a point race but I say it need to be at the end of the year. Kinda like a tie breaker for second place between Landon,Rodney, Wade, and everyone else.

thanks for the vote of confidence chad i will do my best to take 1st

Sammich
2013.02.01, 01:17 PM
LOL at 2nd place tiebreaker...just horrible

Daddy Rabbit
2013.02.01, 02:47 PM
why would the neutral site race not be for points just wondering

Albert....I said that as more of a question, Pedro, Mike and Landon made the rules and guide lines for the CCC, we will need some clarification from the big goys on this. How about some help here guys.:confused:

Personally, I'd like to have it as points also.:)

But while we are looking at the rules, I would like to suggest that if we have 5 races there should be 5 drops and if we stay with 4 races we have 4 drops. Not 1 per race, but 4 or 5 over the entire season. I think this will give people a chance that do not have all the classes overed or if there is a race they cannot make, what does everyone think.:rolleyes:

hrdrvr
2013.02.01, 03:56 PM
Okay to clarify a few things. There was never anything in the rules, or discussed format that said any of the participating teams had to host the race. As far as that goes there would be no issue with an event at a neutral site where the points counted.

The issues for me would be these questions:
Who organizes the event?
Things to consider about the organization of said event:
- Trophies
- Advertising (even keeping a thread up to date can be time consuming)
- Sponsors
Then who collects the entry fees? and where do they go once collected?

I am game for the neutral site, but it would be hard for me to be of much assistance, and it may likely be hard for me to attend. That just makes one more out of town race, which is tough for my current work/family situation.

I do think it would be better for the final race to be the neutral one, but am open to other suggestions on timing.

Another thing on the negative side about the neutral site would be the chance at more revenue for HSH or LGR. That is one big race during the year that neither of us would gain much from. I know HS doesn't depend as much on these races as LGR does, but I am sure they benefit from having the events under their roof. This event not only takes one away from our revenue, but also eliminates a time frame where neither of us could have other events.

I'm not saying I'm against it, just throwing out ideas/thoughts from a different perspective.

As far as drops go, it was determined to give out 3 class drops (3 classes over the course of the year, from your three lowest scoring classes, not your lowest one from each event). This lets some one who attends every class at every event the best choice of drops (ie. rewarding participation across the board). The person who makes every event, but doesn't race every class basically has the second most advantage (and also likely the second highest level of participation). If some one misses an entire event (seems fairly practical that this will happen to most folks), they can use all three drops there. If they don't participate in every other class at every other event, they lose points by having to score 0s. That's the penalty for not participating. If you miss more than 1 entire event, you have to score multiple 0s. Again the penalty for not participating.

Based on this theory (which is how we decided to go with 3 single class drops), I think we should still only allow 3 class drops this year, even if we have 5 events. It just means that people have to make it to four. If they don't, they are at a disadvantage to those who do. The rules need to reward participation!

Rodney and Michael H were the only two people (I'll check if any one thinks I'm forgetting some one else) in 2012 who raced every class at every event. Rodney won the season, and Michael finished in front of people who he thinks are faster than him. Michael achieved this by participating more than others, and gained an advantage in the drop scenario over the people around him. I was in a a close race with Wade, Josh, Chad, and Conor for second. I participated the most out of that group, and that gave me a distinct advantage of choosing drops, which lead me to a solid second place finish ahead of those guys. Chad participated the least (didn't run every class at the first 3 events, then missed the last one) out of that group, and therefore, he finished behind all of the people he had been competing with every time he participated.

miamimcnutt
2013.02.01, 05:58 PM
i agree with the 3 drops for the reward of participation

as far as the neutral site goes the money from entry fees should go to pay for rental of where we race,if there would be money left over i have 3 suggestions

#1 LGR and HSH split what ever is left after paying for venue and plaques and prizes

#2 money left over can go for more prizes

#3 just for the neutral site race we figure out how much money we need to break even for renting where we race and we lower the price for entry fees so maybe people that might not have been able to make it b4 will come (ex. instead of 30$ or 35$ for entry we can charge 15$ or 20$ for entry maybe even less according how many people show up)

these are just suggestions

now that we are discussing it sounds like alot to accomplish so everyone needs to decide if a 5th race at a neutral site is even worth it, and when we should have it middle of year or at the end, if its at middle we need to get the ball rolling deciding what city where to rent etc.

im all for 5th race but im only 1 person i will go with what ever happens

hrdrvr
2013.02.01, 10:31 PM
I like #2 best, and #3 is way better than #1. If HS or LGR doesn't host the event, the money should go back to the racers in one form or another.

We should definitely keep talking about it, but its either going to take a bunch of us working together, or a few are going to have a lot of work to do. I hope more people chime in. If we can't get people to talk about it, you know we won't get them to work for it, lol.

chad508
2013.02.01, 11:24 PM
If we can decide to have it in Fayetteville I could find a spot to have the race. My in laws live there so I could spend some time looking around next time I'm up. And I believe it pretty close to half way in between.

Daddy Rabbit
2013.02.02, 07:52 AM
This is how I feel:

Set the enrty fees to cover rental for the place for the track and some prizes.:)
If there any $ left over let it go back to the racers, in some way or other.
Fayetteville or Columbia sound good to me.
Have it at the end of the season, which means that HSH would be hosting the May and July races and LGR would host the September race.

That is just my thoughts, I will go along with what ever we all do.:D

hrdrvr
2013.02.02, 10:40 AM
So if we are for real in going forth with this, we need to come up with a realistic list of task that will have to be performed, then figure out who is going to do what. We need real commitments from every one, so don't volunteer for something you will not provide...even as simple as participation. An event like this needs much more precise planning than one at one of our stores.

I will elaborate on the list of things to take care of:

- Purchase/Make Trophies/Plaques
- Secure Location
- Advertising (Mainly MZR, possibly F******k)
- Sponsors
- Supply Track
- Transport Track
- Set up Track
- Tear down Track
- Supply Lap counter
- Transport Lap counter
- Set up Lap Counter
- Supply/Transport/Set up Computer
- Register drivers and enter then into PC
- Call Races
- Post results
- Reshuffle heats/Sort Mains
- Run Tech
- Supply/Transport Tech equipment

This is a start. If we can get these things taken care of, I think the rest may fall into place. I've highlighted the ones that I think are most crucial to this happening, IMO. If we don't have track, or a place to put it, it can not work. I will offer my RCP up for use, but I have no way of transporting much of it, nor can I commit to being at the event in a timely enough manner to help with set up or tear down. That status might change, but I'd like to be as cautious as possible.

kwsmith29
2013.02.02, 01:08 PM
Hey guys don't mean to change the subject but, where's the 70t class. That's the standing agreement between clubs. I know the hosting club decides the classes, but there should be at least one 70t class. Did I miss the decision between group to change this?

Daddy Rabbit
2013.02.02, 03:07 PM
Sorry Wade, I am trying to help Landon out here and I forgot about that particuliar agreement.:o
The problem with 70 T is the track is so darn fast, it will be very boring.:(
I will continue this in the Race #1 thread.:)
This thread is for CCC overall season discussion.;)