PDA

View Full Version : Raceday February 24th in Reading PA...

imxlr8ed
2013.02.01, 10:42 AM
I'm guessing that the 24th is my best bet for any racing this month, and I hope it works out for most of you guys! I have another local guy interested in coming to check us out too but he might not be able to make it either on the 24th. :( If I do get a last minute repreive from my schedule, I may just post up here or send out some texts for a Friday night tuning session somewhere from here to then.

Also... who is serious about going down to DC/MD for the 4 Hour Enduro on the 15th of March? I know I'm down for it if I can get off work. If you want to attend, make sure you know who you are racing with. My van can seat 6 so If we want to caravan down, we can! Even if you just want to head down to spectate, that's fine with me.

racerquinn#1
2013.02.01, 06:02 PM
im down for the 24th..and the 4hr race!!

lfisminiz
2013.02.01, 07:06 PM
I should be good for the 24th.:)

Mike Keely
2013.02.03, 11:03 AM
Hi guys, again not trying to invade on your thread. As I hope most of you know that we have a 4 hour enduro coming up on March 16th here in MD. I am trying to get a feel for any teams that where planning on coming. We are about a month away but we have not really heard any buzz about other clubs coming. If anyone was planning on coming please send me a private message. I feel that we will need to cancel the race at the hobby shop were it is being held if it looks like we don't have enough teams. Thanks guys. MK

imxlr8ed
2013.02.06, 11:31 AM
Ok, so I'm definitely down for the road trip on the 16th... I need to know who is going with? I know Quinn is going, pretty sure Gasman is as well... who else is planning to attend? It's 3 racers to a team, I don't think 6 racers is too much to ask of us. And don't worry about skill level being an issue, all you have to do is be a courteous and attentive in a race like this and you'll be fine!

racerquinn#1
2013.02.06, 04:14 PM
im down for the race!! just have to let my work know!

imxlr8ed
2013.02.06, 05:34 PM
Gasman says he's going too.

Also... if anyone is interested in running from 10am to 1pm this Saturday... stop on by! I have to kick you out by 1pm though because I have to head into work that afternoon. I will be giving a tour to a possible recruit so it's an excellent opportunity for some track time.

hilldebrandt
2013.02.06, 08:08 PM
I'm not going...not into enduro racing...lol.

Btw...you better let Ray know officially so he can send you the race body to get painted.

imxlr8ed
2013.02.07, 01:39 AM
Will do, still waiting to see how many are going.

racerquinn#1
2013.02.07, 11:26 AM
I have a friend who can paint the body? If interested!?

imxlr8ed
2013.02.09, 02:28 PM
Today's tune/intro run went well, Al and Steve stopped by to help our newb Gordon get up to speed. I'm pretty sure he's a natural though... got around real well for the first time on a track with a Z.

Thanks guys for helping out!

lfisminiz
2013.02.09, 09:38 PM
Sounds great! Glad you got some guys with the weather last night.

gasman1
2013.02.13, 07:49 AM
I'll be there for the 24th and the Enduro race:eek::eek::eek:

imxlr8ed
2013.02.22, 12:15 PM
Our newbie Gordon is coming this Sunday and possibly one other intersted party. Is anyone else bringing any new racers by chance? I may not have enough controllers for everyone else.

Curious if Al and Steve are coming, haven't heard from Justin in a bit either?

KA2AEV
2013.02.22, 03:01 PM
Can't make it this time guys
Will try for next month!!!
I know you all are disapointed!!! :rolleyes:

imxlr8ed
2013.02.22, 03:43 PM
Can't make it this time guys
Will try for next month!!!
I know you all are disapointed!!! :rolleyes:

Would love to have you guys back... no bull! More the merrier, you know that! :D

hilldebrandt
2013.02.22, 04:45 PM
I'll be there Sunday.

imxlr8ed
2013.02.22, 05:18 PM
Cool, was worried you'd be out dirt trackin it! :D

lfisminiz
2013.02.22, 07:43 PM
Ill be there! Seems like its been awhile...:rolleyes:

imxlr8ed
2013.02.23, 10:11 AM
Also wanted to add that we can run 2 man teams for the Enduro next month so if anyone wants to come with it'll be easier to run more teams.

lfisminiz
2013.02.23, 11:08 AM
What time tomorrow...10ish?

imxlr8ed
2013.02.23, 02:23 PM
9ish is fine with me.

lfisminiz
2013.02.24, 09:47 PM
Another GOOD turnout! Thanks to all that came. Good 2wd and F-1 races. Even took my AWD and skinny for a spin.:) Got to try my KIY out now that its working right.

imxlr8ed
2013.02.24, 11:51 PM
Yep, good runs!

Now, next time we get together we all agreed that its time to get our heats more organized so we will start our qualifying at 2pm. We will begin our Mains at 3. I've been open to just letting everyone try to get as much track time as they could but now that attendance is in a better state we need to turn it up a notch.

Not sure how I want to do qualifying yet... It may be as simple as individual 10 lap runs, it may be mixed heats... we'll figure it out then. I kinda prefer the individual runs myself just based on the fact that we're a small enough crew that we can do it and it leaves no questions. Everyone gets a chance at a clean run.

Still running F1 and Racer, 70turns but I am open to another class if we have more than 5 racers committed to it.

As far as the upcoming Enduro, Al and Steve are going to join us and Gordon said he'd like to run with us too, so we may be taking 3 teams down there!

arch2b
2013.02.25, 07:51 AM
awsome!

please email or pm me when you can so i can make sure to get you squared away for bodies ;)

abasualdo
2013.02.25, 04:23 PM
Big turnout, great time as always, thank you Ed for running a great event and big thanks to Larry for helping me with my new A-arm setup.

Al

racerquinn#1
2013.02.25, 05:42 PM
great turnout yesterday! want to order another charger or so, just looking at the chargers just to keep them up and charged at home only $16. i also want a charegr that i can charge with out haveing to change the setting evertime i want to charge batteries!!

also, sunday was the first time anyone has driven my camaro!! ed was the delivery guy and he got sent back to his childhood of those SBC V8's!!

al's motorcycle and just a 5 min race!

http://youtu.be/DZN8vKKvBHI
http://youtu.be/0XaDHWb2d20

lfisminiz
2013.02.25, 07:53 PM
As far as other possible classes...
Open motor - run what you want. With the size of track it wouldnt be that crazy anyway..:rolleyes: People would only have to swap a motor, no 70T.

Skinny - 94 wheelbase or less, narrow front, street type bodies. I think theres atleast 4 of us that have them already.

Maybe LM - Or run LM with GT only for this type racing. If LM is at disadvantage, could bump them up to a slightly faster motor.

Just my suggestions.:D

imxlr8ed
2013.02.26, 12:46 AM
great turnout yesterday! want to order another charger or so, just looking at the chargers just to keep them up and charged at home only $16. i also want a charegr that i can charge with out haveing to change the setting evertime i want to charge batteries!!

also, sunday was the first time anyone has driven my camaro!! ed was the delivery guy and he got sent back to his childhood of those SBC V8's!!

al's motorcycle and just a 5 min race!

http://youtu.be/DZN8vKKvBHI
http://youtu.be/0XaDHWb2d20

I can't really say I drove it... more like I sat in the driver's seat and made strong suggestions to it as to what I wanted it to do. It seemed to listen most of the time but the brakes kinda had their own ideas about when they wanted to work.

Still had fun in it though, even with the busted sway bar, or was that one of the links in that three link rear? (two outta three ain't bad... Ughhh, I think Meatloaf sang that! :( )

I'd be into an LM class, 102 wheelbase, maybe with a stock armature only? But I'd wait until I get my LM bumpers done first. ;)

KA2AEV
2013.02.26, 03:38 PM
For the "Skinny" Class might I suggest that the motor be limited to a 70T
Thats how we did it over here

lfisminiz
2013.02.26, 07:53 PM
For the "Skinny" Class might I suggest that the motor be limited to a 70T
Thats how we did it over here

For sure. I forgot to mention that.;)

gasman1
2013.03.07, 10:00 AM
I thought we were running stock and F1. Most of the time were are not getting organized heats and features in for those two classes as it is.

I'm for heats to set up the mains. Watching one car run the track for 10 laps for everyone that's there for all classes would last all day and limit the time everyone can be on the track either to race or practice.

Jusy sayin

imxlr8ed
2013.03.07, 10:53 AM
I'm thinking of just starting the timer when we start tuning, and just letting it run for a half hour at a time and qualifying for the Mains by fastest average lap. Quite simple actually and I'm pretty sure other tracks populate their Heats via this method. I think the Flipside software will have to be loaded up though to do this right... not sure if the base Core software can do this or not.

arch2b
2013.03.07, 11:31 AM
very similar to what we do. fastest lap within fixed period of time. zround provides average lap time calculations but it will not sort via an average which is why we have just gone with best lap time. not everyone is thrilled with this but then again, not everyone was happy with heats either. i like the average idea but it will be dictated by whom joins you on the track and how accommodating they are in getting clean consistent lap times or it all gets skewed by traffic/tie ups similar to heats. best lap in fixed time puts the pressure on the drivers to coordinate efforts to achieve best time and in reality, not everyone should be shooting for TQ spot as you could end up in a grouping far exceeding the skill level causing more problems than good. for us it's a careful balance of knowing whom you drive best with on the track and what lap time you need to hit to achieve that. it's not perfect and certainly takes some adjustment as i don't think everyone in our group really understands the thinking that should be going on and just goes out for the full allotted time to hopefully get TQ. for us, this is for HFAY qualifying racing.

i haven't used flipside in awhile due to Giro-Z compatibility issues. it was great in providing a simple to understand and use system.

imxlr8ed
2013.03.07, 02:00 PM
I was planning on keeping it 10 individual laps so there is absolutely no question as to who goes where, but thinking more about it, I would think it should be the average of the ten best laps used to populate the heats or mains.

arch2b
2013.03.07, 07:59 PM
10 solo laps with average time, sounds good to me. :)

hilldebrandt
2013.03.11, 11:38 AM
Something to think about for the future...with the flipside software you can use generic Texas Instruments tags that are much smaller than the core tags, maybe better for f1? I can look into purchasing these and donating to the club.

Can't wait for the 24th...finally cleaning out my basement to make room to set up a practice rcp track...wo0t!

Larry, I'm interested in that mr02 and radio combo if it's still for sale. That'll be for my girlfriend to race if she wants to...

See ya'll on the 24th.

Edit: ooops posted here before I saw the other thread that we weren't racing on the 24th. Don't know if I can make it the friday before...depends on how late I'm working...but I'll try :)

arch2b
2013.03.11, 11:47 AM
i have some generic tags left over and will give them to Ed next weekend. i also still have a dozen or so core tags.

hilldebrandt
2013.03.11, 11:51 AM
Cool...thanks Ray.

I have some too that I got when I bought the Kyosho tag system from Pinwic4 that he was using to test for the flipside software awhile back...

imxlr8ed
2013.03.11, 12:18 PM
Thanks Ray!

Back off Greg!... that MR02 is waiting for my refund! :D

Not sure what I'm doing exactly yet but I will be selling one of my MR03s or one of my hooked up MR02s with that red 2.4 controller to make up the difference. First come first served as always, barring that someone doesn't bury that MR02 in their backyard until they get the funds. ;)

Raceday for this month... I'm still trying to figure a day or night, so damn busy with work and all of the other usual events, it's hard to plan anything. I have Friday night of the 29th in my head now... I will post a thread as soon as I get it confirmed.

hilldebrandt
2013.03.11, 12:39 PM
Ooops...I forgot that it's in your basement yet so it's your rules....hehehe:p