PDA

View Full Version : My first miniz

deancorso
2013.02.03, 10:06 AM
Hello,

As you can guess from the title, i am new the world of miniz, and i need few advices from my peers with more experience.

My first problem seems pretty basic, though not being very used to the miniz vocabulary, i am a bit overwhelmed by the sum of inormations.

I have a kit with what seems to be a RM chassis and a Corvette C5R body. After assembly the front wheel are touching the body when turning. As you can guess it does not result into a very good behavior. So, how can i fix that ? Do i miss something here ?

Thanks in advance !

dc

deancorso
2013.02.03, 01:12 PM
Hello again,

I spent a couple of hours, and i am still not sure what is happening here, although finding parts is a bit confusing at the beginning. It seems like the wheels should be closer to the chassis to not rub the body as soon as it turns. But, it seems that the wheels that i have are the one that goes with the body.

I have a MR-02 chassis.

Thanks !

dc

Cherub1m
2013.02.03, 05:41 PM
Hello again,

I spent a couple of hours, and i am still not sure what is happening here, although finding parts is a bit confusing at the beginning. It seems like the wheels should be closer to the chassis to not rub the body as soon as it turns. But, it seems that the wheels that i have are the one that goes with the body.

I have a MR-02 chassis.

Thanks !

dc

Oh I see your problems the Corvette body is for the MR015 chassis, which is a narrow chassis. Therefore, if you use the MR02 (a wide chassis) chassis you need to use different off set front tires, preferably a 0, +1, +2(at most) I think the Corvette body comes with +3 front offset its to wide when using the MR02.

In addition, the rear of the MR02 and the MR15 are the same width its just the front that are different in width.

Welcome to the world of Miniz's and Enjoy:D

deancorso
2013.02.03, 05:55 PM
Hello !

Thanks a lot for a very clear answer !

If i am following that right, i have to buy a new set of front wheels with an off-set inferior at 2.

That's probably a shot in the dark, but is there somebody who would happen to know a good online resource for miniz part in Canada ? The fees to get something delivered from Kyosho america is pretty high in comparison of the price of the actual parts.

Thanks again !

dc

Cherub1m
2013.02.03, 06:07 PM
Check this link out it will help with off set of different bodies and set up. Also, let me correct myself, I think using no more then +1 offset for the front with the Corvette body is best with the MR02, in fact +1 offset for rear (wide rims) and +1 offset for front (narrow rims) will fit very nice on the MR2.

http://www.mini-z-guide.com/

Sorry don't know of any stores in Canada, shipping shouldn't be to much with just rims.

Traveler
2013.02.03, 06:07 PM
Try Mini Car Club of Canada (MC3) in Toronto. Search for them here as they are active.

chad508
2013.02.03, 09:34 PM
Try this www.minicarclubofcanada.com

herman
2013.02.04, 03:25 AM
welcome to the forums....

like what Cherub1m said... it's a mr01 body on a mr02 chassis... get the right rims and the problem will be solved...

if the front has a 3.5mm offset for the mr01 chassis, get rims that have a 1mm offset...

the front track width difference between the mr02 and mr01/015 is 5mm or 2.5mm per side...

so deduct 2.5mm from whatever the offset is on the front, so you can use it on the mr02…

good luck hope this helps